2022 supplementary budget plan to be approved today
If you write the contents roughly
All financial resources are covered by deficit-financing bonds, which are national debt, but Prime Minister Kishida complained at the Budget Committee on the 30th that "there is a great deal of fiscal mobilization in the corona and high prices." We are seeking an understanding of active fiscal mobilization.
On the 31st, the Diet is expected to pass a supplementary budget plan that includes measures to counter the rise in crude oil prices.30th at the House of Councilors ... → Continue reading
TBS NEWS DIG
Digging up, exploring, and discovering news-News site "TBS NEWS DIG" that brings together the collective strengths of XNUMX JNN affiliated stations
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
|Microeconomics Macroeconomics Mathematical economics|
|Econometrics Experimental economics Economic history|
public Medical Environment Natural resources Agriculture: development of|
international city 空间 Region Geography
The labor Education population human resources
industry Law culture 金融 communication skill
economist Academic magazine Important books|
Category Index overview
At the heart of Keynesian economics isPrinciple of effective demandIs. This principle isClassical economics OfSay's LawIt is opposed to "the supply amount is the demand amount (investmentand消费). This is the actualGDPWas only possible by the classical schoolFull employmentInbalancedBalance below GDPIncomplete employmentEquilibrium withThe possibility of[Annotation 1].. Based on this principle, the goal was to achieve full-employment GDP and overcome the paradox of "poverty in abundance" through policy control of effective demand.Total demand management policy(Keynes policy) was born.This is called the "Keynesian Revolution".Keynes has also been shown to be extremely enthusiastic about fiscal discipline.
In Keynes economicscurrencyFactors are emphasized. This isSay's LawIn contrast to the classical, which envisions physical exchange under[Annotation 2].. Regarding the cause of underemployment, Keynes's "General Theory" states thatunemploymentWill occur.” this isHistoryIn the flow of time不 確 実 性By means of the essential intervention ofcurrencyExcessive demand for[Annotation 3]Is known to show Keynes's insight that this would lead to underemployment[Annotation 4].
In general,Economic modelIs incomplete and suspicious, and is not useful if its economic model deviates from the real economy on a yearly basis.Moreover, it takes a long time to verify the demonstrability of an economic model.Keynes's words, "We are all dead in the long run," are not ignoring the long run, but a plea for a better economic analysis..Paul KrugmanAs also mentioned, the degree of short-term effects of fiscal policy depends largely on the economic situation. If the government cuts spending when the economy is bad, unemployment will worsen, long-term economic growth will be hindered, and long-term financial conditions will end up worse.
- Devaluation of interest rate (monetary policy)
- Government investment in social infrastructure (fiscal policy)
By lowering the interest rate that central banks lend to commercial banks, the government signals commercial banks that they themselves should do the same for their customers.
Government investment in social infrastructure injects income into the economy. It creates business opportunities, employment and demand, and reverses the bad effects caused by the output gap... By borrowing money from the economy through the issuance of government bonds, the government can cover the necessary expenditure. This results in a budget deficit, as government spending exceeds tax revenue.
The central conclusion of Keynes's economics is that in some circumstances, no automated mechanism brings back output and employment to the level of full employment. This conclusion contradicts and contradicts the economics approach of having a strong general tendency towards equilibrium.Neoclassical synthesisAttempts to integrate Keynes' macroeconomic concept with a micro foundation, but if the conditions of general equilibrium are met, prices are adjusted and, as a result, this goal is achieved. Keynes considers that his theory is broader, and that the utilization of resources can be high or low, and that the Neoclassical synthesis or neoclassical is We have focused on the special situation of employment.
New classicalThe macroeconomic movement began in the late 1960s and early 1970s and criticized Keynesian economics theories. In contrast,New Keynesian'S economics attempted to base Keynes's vision on a more rigorous basis.
An interpretation of Keynes emphasizes Keynes's emphasis on the international coordination of Keynes' policy, the need for international economic institutions, and, depending on the nature of international coordination, to lead to war and peace. Are.
Wages and consumer spending
Great depression (World DepressionIn the era, classical theory (the neoclassical pre-Keynesian theory) called for the cause of mass unemployment to remain at high real wage rates.
For Keynes, determining wage rates was more complicated. First, unlike bartering, negotiations between employers and workers determineReal wageKeynes argued that it was nominal wages, not. Secondly, the devaluation of nominal wages is not effective due to laws and wage agreements. Even classical theorists have acknowledged that such difficulties exist. And, contrary to Keynes, they called for the abolition of minimum wage laws, trade unions, and long-term employment contracts to restore labor market flexibility. However, for Keynes, people would resist nominal wage devaluation without seeing the wages of others actually falling and prices generally falling, even without trade unions. There wasn't.
Keynes rejected the idea that wage devaluation would be a cure for a recession escape. I examined where these thoughts came and found that they all made false assumptions. Keynes also considered the consequences of devaluing wages during a recession, under a variety of different circumstances. Keynes concludes that such a wage devaluation would worsen, rather than improve, the recession.
Moreover, if wages and prices fall, people begin to expect them to fall further.This must have caused the economy to spiral down.In such cases, people with money will wait for prices to fall and monetary value to rise instead of spending.It makes the economy worse.
To Keynes, excess savings, or savings that exceed planned investment, are a serious problem that not only contributes to the recession, but can also lead to the recession itself. Excess savings occur when investment declines. The decline in investment may be due to a decline in consumer demand, overinvestment in the previous years or the pessimistic outlook for the economy. In that case, the economy will decline unless savings are reduced immediately.
Classic theorists argued that in that case, the oversupply of lending would lower the interest rate, which would restore the investment (illustration omitted by the theorists).
Keynes' response to this laissez-faire reaction is complex. First, even if the interest rate declines, the savings do not drop much. This is because the income effect and the substitution effect of lowering the interest rate act in opposite directions. Second, fixed investment plans for factories and machinery are based on long-term expectations of future profit opportunities, and even if interest rates decline, spending does not grow much.
Savings and investments are both inelastic. Since the supply and demand for investment funds is inelastic, a large interest rate reduction is necessary to close the savings/investment gap. It may sometimes require a negative interest rate. But the negative interest rate is not necessary for Keynes' argument.
Third, Keynes argued that savings and investment were not the main determinants of interest rates. Especially in the short term. The supply and demand of money stock determines the interest rate in the short term. Rapid changes in response to excess savings also do not quickly adjust interest rates.
Finally, Keynes suggests: For non-monetary goods, there is a risk of capital loss.Liquidity trapThe interest rate cannot drop below a certain level. In this trap, the interest rate is so low that bondholders get money or liquidity (due to rising interest rates and consequent bond capital losses), even if the money supply increases. I sell the bonds for that.
(Paul KrugmanA few economists (likeLiquidity trapSee it as widespread in Japan in the 1990s. Most economists agree that the nominal interest rate cannot fall below zero. However, a few economists (like the Chicago School economists) reject the notion of the liquidity trap.
Even if there is no liquidity trap, Keynes's criticism of classical theorists has perhaps the fourth most important factor. Savings mean that you don't use up all of your personal income. It means that there is not enough demand for output, unless balanced by other demand factors such as fixed capital investment. Therefore, excess savings can be caused by unintentional inventory increases and by classical economists in the "general oversupply"general glut) Corresponds to the situation.
When the unsold goods pile up, companies are forced to reduce production and employment. That in turn lowers people's income and savings. For Keynes, declining incomes will end excess savings and allow the loan markets to gain equilibrium. Rather than interest adjustment solving the problem, the recession solves the problem.
However, the recession destroys companies' willingness to invest in fixed capital. As incomes fall and demand for products declines, the demand for new factories and equipment declines. This is the acceleration effect. This causes the problem of excessive savings and prolongs the recession.
In summary, for Keynes, there is an interaction between oversupply in different markets. For example, unemployment in the labor market strengthens excess savings and vice versa. Rather than price adjustments to reach equilibrium, the main scenario is quantity control, which leads to a recession and an imperfect employment equilibrium.
Active fiscal policy
Classical theorists have traditionally longed for balanced government finances. On the contrary, Keynesian believes that such a policy would exacerbate the underlying problem. Along with monetary policy, Keynes's idea was that even if a temporary budget deficit was incurred, it would be necessary to make aggressive spending.
Keynes says insufficient purchasing power is causing the recessionFranklin RooseveltInfluenced the idea of.While he was president, Roosevelt adopted several policies of Keynesian economics. The idea was especially strengthened after 1937, when the US economy retreated following a fiscal contraction in a severe recession.But in many eyes, the true success of Keynesian policy was at the beginning of World War II.The war struck the world economy, dispelled uncertainty and forced the reconstruction of destroyed capital.Keynesian's idea was in Europe after the warSocial democracyIt became almost an official policy of the administration, and so was the United States in the 1960s.In Japan, it was the same until the 1990s after the war.[Annotation 5].
Keynes's developed theory shows that active government policy is effective for economic management. Instead of looking at government imbalances as bad, Keynescounter-cyclicalAdvocated for what is called fiscal policy. It is a policy against the good and bad of the business cycle. In other words, when the domestic economy is suffering from recession, when the economic recovery is significantly delayed, or when the unemployment rate is high for a long period of time, the deficit spending is cut off, and when the economy is booming, tax increases and government spending are cut down. The policy is to suppress inflation. Market forces take a long time to solve problems, but "in the long run, we die."From that, Keynes argued that the government should resolve the problem in the short term.
This idea contrasts with the analysis of fiscal policy in classical and neoclassical economics. Fiscal spending stimulus can stimulate production. But for these economics there was no reason to believe that this stimulus outweighed the side effects. Classic theorists say that deficit finance pushes private investment (crowd out,Cloud outI was afraid of that. There are two paths. The first is that fiscal stimulus increases labor demand and raises wages, which hinders profit earning. Second, the deficit in the government sector increases the total volume of government bonds. This would result in lower bond market prices, higher interest rates, and higher costs for industry to invest in fixed capital. Thus, any effort to stimulate the economy will only nullify itself.
Keynesian responds to this point as follows. Such a fiscal policy has an unemployment rateNatural unemployment rate(NAIRUIt is only appropriate when the unemployment rate, which does not accelerate inflation, is persistently high.In this case, the "push" effect is minimal.On the contrary, private investment may be crowded in.Fiscal stimulus raises the output of the enterprise sector, which may increase the cash flow and profitability of the enterprise and create an optimistic mood for the enterprise sector.For Keynes, thisAcceleration effectMeans that in this situation, the government and the business sector have a complementary rather than an alternative relationship.
Second, the stimulus boosts gross product. It raises the total savings and increases the likelihood of helping to raise capital investment in fixed capital. Finally, government spending is not always wasteful. Government investment in public goods that are not supplied by profit-seekers may facilitate private sector growth. In other words, government spending on basic research, public health, education, and social infrastructure contributes to increasing potential output in the long run.
In Keynes's theory, there must be a substantial oversupply in the labor market in order for fiscal expansion to be justified.
Contrary to what many critics characterize, Keynesianism does not consist solely of deficit spending. Keynesianism encourages counter-cyclical policies.. An example of this is when there is excessive growth on the demand side, tax increases to cool the economy and prevent inflation, and when the economy is down, to stimulate employment and stabilize wages It is to spend a deficit on the improvement of social infrastructure. On the contrary, the classical theory demands that tax be cut when the government is overincome, treasury spending should be cut off during the downturn after the economy, and tax should be raised, though it is rarely done.
Keynesian economists believe that increasing profits and income through tax cuts in a booming economy and raising income and profits from the economy by reducing fiscal spending during a downturn will worsen the business cycle. Such effects are particularly significant when the government is a large part of the economy.
The concept of multiplier was originallyRichard KahnWas proposed by.General theoryIn Chapter 10, we discuss multipliers, but Keynes himself also admitted that the concept of multipliers was the achievement of Richard Khan at the beginning of Chapter 10 of the general theory... The multiplier introduced by Richard Kahn originally described the increase in investment and the increase in total employment.Employment multiplierHowever, Keynes applied this to increase the total investment and the increase in income.Investment multiplierIntroduced.. The investment multiplier is derived as follows.. Here, if the increment of national income is ΔY, ΔY is composed of the increments of consumption (C) and investment (I).
Let c be
Substituting this into the formula for ΔY
Solving this for ΔY
This 1/1-c ThemultiplierCalled. This shows that when total investment increases, national income increases by a multiple of the investment increment.
The IS-LM model itself is not KeynesJohn Hicks,Alvin HansenIs a model developed by. However, the IS-LM model forms a dogma as a Keynesian interpretation of economics, and is very useful in understanding the Keynesian system... When Hicks developed the IS-LM model, he focused on the interaction between the real economy and the money market. In the classical economics, which was the mainstream economics at the time Keynes' general theory was published, it was assumed that "the money market does not affect the real economy" and the neutrality of money was assumed. But KeynesGeneral theoryIn Chapter 21, "THE THEORY OF PRICES", he states:.
The division of economics between the theory of value and distribution on the one hand and the theory of money on the other hand is, I think, a false division.
I think the division between the theory of value and distribution and the theory of money in (classical) economics is a false division. — John M. Keynes, General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money, Chapter 21
In addition, the neutrality of money assumed by the classical school has a critical meaning.Classical dichotomyAlso called.
Hicks' IS-LM model focuses on the simultaneous equilibrium between the goods market and the money market. The IS curve is a downward-sloping curve that shows the combination of national income and interest rates that balance the goods market. "The goods market is balanced" is equivalent to the fact that "Investment = Savings", which is the equilibrium condition of the goods market, is established, and the IS curve shows that investment and savings are equal. It can be said that it is a curve showing the combination of national income and interest rate.Note that I and S are acronyms for the English word Investment, which means investment, and the English word Saving, which means savings. The LM curve is a curve that shows the combination of national income and interest rate that balances the money market. "The money market is balanced" is the same as the fact that "money supply = money demand", which is the equilibrium condition of the money market, is satisfied, and the LM curve shows that the money supply and the money demand are equal. It can be said that it is a curve showing the national income and interest rate.L and M are acronyms for Liquidity preference, which means liquidity preference (demand for money), and Money supply, which means money supply.
Since the goods market is balanced on the IS curve and the money market is balanced on the LM curve, the goods market and the money market are simultaneously balanced at the intersection of the IS curve and the LM curve. Is called equilibrium national income and interest rate is called equilibrium interest rate.
Using these two curves, one country's economy (Closed economy) Is an IS-LM model, and is used when analyzing the effects of fiscal and monetary policies on the real economy. In addition, the IS-LM model that analyzes a closed economy that basically does not consider the overseas sector also considers the overseas sectorOpen economyThe system was expandedMandel Fleming model.
Principle of effective demand
The principle of effective demand was advocated by Keynes. Written by KeynesGeneral theory”, the title of the introduction Chapter 3 is “Principle of Effective Demand”.. In Chapter 3 of this introduction, Keynes himself states that employment is determined at the intersection of the total demand curve and the total supply curve, and at this point the profit expectations of the operator are maximized, which Keynes points to. Called effective demand.. Effective demand or total demand in a closed economy is the sum of private spending, private investment, and government spending, and is backed by monetary spending. The principle that the size of effective demand determines the production level of a country is called the effective demand principle. Note that effective demand = total demand.
In classical economics before Keynes, "supply creates its own demand"Say's LawWas the basis of the theory. In classical economics, by working, prices of goods with small demand fall and prices of goods with high demand rise.Price adjustmentIt was said that supply and demand would be the same as the above. Therefore, in classical economics, a country's production level isSupplyDetermined by On the other hand, Keynes believed that the market price mechanism, as represented by the downward rigidity of wages, does not always work well. Therefore, in the market, prices are not adjusted, but the production volume of goods with small demand is reduced, and the production volume of goods with large demand is increased.Quantity adjustmentThought that would work. In other words, what determines the production level of a country isneedThe principle of effective demand is that it is (effective demand), but this discovery by Keynes has had a great influence not only in those days but also in modern economics.
Policy and ideological background
Relationship with public investment
In the days of Keynes's life, Britain's economic maturityinvestmentOpportunities become scarce and freecapitalHigh to prevent capital outflow under migrationinterest rateI was worried about the dilemma that policy would put pressure on domestic investment. Therefore, the government will take the initiative to prevent capital outflows and create investment opportunities.National economyKeynes thought that he would try to improve his life.
Originally KeynesBusinessAs a countermeasureCentral BankBy the intervention ofinterestRate control (Financial Policy), but in later "general theory"ExpectationChanges in profit rateLiquidity preferenceAdmitting that monetary policy may not be effective due to such restrictions, public investment (as a measure to raise production volume that restricts employment volume)Fiscal policy) Began to insist on the effectiveness of.
Keynes's proposal also served as an alternative to unemployment benefits (the unemployment rate at that time was above 10%). In addition, as an investment that does not involve the problem of excess productivity住宅Investment was supposed, but in reality, investment of a scale sufficient to achieve full employment,MilitaryOnly by spending is politically acceptable (Military keynesian) Keynes himself thoughtEiichi AsanoInsists. .
Expansion of military spending
America'sNew Deal PolicyIt is,1929Begins withWorld DepressionWith the unemployment rate reaching 25% at the peak and over 1 million unemployed people, the classical economic downturn naturally recovers.HooverMaintaining balanced finances by the government, due to high tariffsProtection tradepolicyIt was an attempt to stimulate the economy through public works in response to the depression that became more serious. Nevertheless as a resultSecond World WarSome researchers questioned the effect of the initial stimulus measures by public works, which brought about an economic recovery due to the “expansion of military spending” resulting from the entry into the war. The expansion of military spending was due to the policies of politicians and military personnel, unrelated to Keynes's ideas.
In addition, it is said that it was carried out in advance of Keynes' policy.Kosei TakahashiFinance minister(Japan) or GermanSchachtSome argue that the success of the economic policy aimed at stimulating the economy by creating effective demand by the finance minister has resulted in the expansion of military spending and the strengthening of the military.
"The significant increase in military spending is due to the original (for economic reconstruction and social investment)ReflationActing as a substitute for policy was also the starting point for Japan's tragedy, which was the entry of the Great War at a later date. Because this made the military a big issue of military debtInflation-like inflationInstead, it was an illusion that the reflation effect could be produced indefinitely, and it became a significant factor that led to the issuance of military bonds on other days."When,Takahashi KamekichiIs talking.
Relationship with Harvey Road premise
originallyTotal demand management policyIt is,During recessionIncrease in fiscal expenditureTax reduction-monetary easingProduction and employment will be expanded by increasing effective demand, etc.inflationReduction of government spending whenTax increase-Monetary tighteningWas recommended to reduce effective demand.
But in realityDemocracyIn a political process, public works are limited in spending due to limited spending, and tightening in order to curb the overheating of the economy even in a favorable economy is politically difficult. Due to the unpopular policy, there was a problem in advanced capitalist countries that the government's budget deficit increased cumulatively over the long term without increasing tax revenue.
Behind these assumptions is that a small number of wise men as a knowledge class can make policy decisions based on rationality.Harvey Road premiseIt is pointed out that he lived in the thought of Keynes.
"Under modern democracy, governments are more likely to yield to collective pressure to retain and regain power, but KeynesEconomic policyUnknowingly presupposes that some wise men who plan to sought to act in the public interest, even in the event of conflict with organizational pressure from electors and some groups. I left it in my house."James M. BuchananIs talking.
Keynes' view of class
inflationLoss toDeflation TheunemploymentAlthough it was thought that this would cause workers to lose money (“the theory of monetary reform”), the deflation that increases the value of stocks, in particular, gives a gain to the inactive class trapped in money love at the expense of the active class. I saw it as something to earn, and I saw this as more problematic than mild inflation.
In addition, for the inactive class, companies wereSpeculationThe problem was that it had become "foam in the swirl of."不 確 実 性And multiply by ignoranceAs a tax on wealth not based on the activity of the person, in addition to being excluded as a result of the profits earnedinheritance taxAnd demanded a change of economic control from the inactive to the active class, as symbolized by the expression "euthanasia of interest rate consumers" in general.[Annotation 7].
Relationship with liberalism
In his "Freedom from Freedom"Charles Darwin OfTheory of evolutionInfluenced by the classicalLesseferKnown for rejecting the idea of (free-launch).Survival of the fittest[Annotation 8]He criticized the idea of sir as the best purpose to survive only the longest necked giraffe, seeing only the pruning of leaves from the highest tree branch as all the purpose of survival. Also assuming a reasonable individualInvisible handAgainst the classical liberalism that entrusting everything to enhance public welfare,Social liberalismWas questioning from the side.
The economics developed by Keynes laterAmericaでSamuelsonDue toClassical economics OfMicro theoryAnd overall (NeoclassicalComprehensive) and post-warEconomic policyAnd the basis ofJohn F. KennedyUnder the administrationthe 1960sRealized the golden age of[Annotation 9].
Criticism of Keynesian economics
But after thatOil shockOriginated inStagflation(Inflation and recession proceed simultaneously), followed bythe 1970sHas been held responsible for contributing to various issues such as the high inflation of the United States[Annotation 10].. Above all,Raw material prices such as crude oilIt is criticized by anti-Keynesian economics for not being able to present and realize an effective solution to the cost increase on the supply side caused by the sharp rise in the price.
In this criticism,Milton FriedmanChantedmonetarism・ NeoliberalismSupplyClaim improvement on the sideSupply-side economics,Rational expectations formation schoolWith the rise of various schools such as "Death of Keynes" was said. From the anti-Keynes standpoint, the huge amount ofTwin deficitLeftReganomicsAnd the achievements of the monetarist were explained.
However, "the arrival of a disparity society" and "monopoly of wealth by some wealthy people" revealed the fatal flaw of Friedman's neoliberalism... Paul Krugman andThomas PikettyIt is against these backgrounds that the era is being touted.
In postwar AmericaSamuelsonThe Neo-Classical synthesis of them (Old Keynesian) was based on the micro theory of the classical school, and attempted to eclectic the Keynesian macro theory.[Annotation 11]However, when the theoretical inconsistency became clear later, Lucas et al.New Classical (new classical school)Invited criticism fromMan cueLanoNew KeynesianIt was decided to encourage the appearance of.There are also strong critics, such as Old Keynesian and New Keynesian, who criticize the established Keynesian economics in the United States and call themselves Post-Keynesian (Post-Keynesian).
New Keynesian Economics
New Keynesian Economics (New Keynesian Economics) is a school of macroeconomics that seeks to provide a microscopic foundation for Keynesian economics.Keynesian's criticism of macroeconomics (Lucas critique) Was born to respond.
In Cambridge, England, which directly inherited Keynes's "general theory", mainly in EuropeJoan RobinsonPost-Keynesian, who draws on these trends, also exists as a sidestream.Also in AmericaDavidson,CragelThere are Post-Keynesian such as.Lavoir states that Post-Keynesian has three trends: (1) Orthodox Keynesian, (2) Kalecki, and (3) Sraffa..
- ^ Once the propensity for effective demand is accepted, the propensity to consume and the amount of investment (depending on the amount of money supplied, liquidity preference, and expected profit rate) are given.National incomeとemploymentThe amount will be determined macroscopically, where full employment equilibrium is only an extreme case.
- ^ Of the classical school considering only the flowMonetary quantity theoryOn the other hand, Keynes emphasizes the function of storing the value of money (stock),Liquidity preference theoryIn question, the choice of the form of asset holding is a problem. By KeynesA generalized description of the monetary quantity theorySee also.
- ^ This demand is "a barometer of the degree of distrust of our own calculations and conventions about the future," and "the fact that classical theory has little knowledge of the future." Keynes criticizes it as "a kind of pretty and elegant technique that tries to deal with the present by disposing of it.".
- ^ Insufficient employment may be attributed to the rigidity of monetary wages.However, in General Theory, Keynes himself rejects such claims as belonging to classical economics.Reductions in monetary wages also have a sustained tendency to increase employment, other than by affecting the spending propensity of society as a whole, the marginal efficiency table of capital, or the interest rate. No. The only way to analyze the effects of monetary wage cuts is to look for the effects of monetary wage cuts on these three factors, "said Kaines..
- ^ During the long recession of the 1990sKiichi MiyazawaFormer Prime Minister was expected as Finance Minister and Finance Minister because Miyazawa was a well-known Keynesian.
- ^ The representative of the former in England at that time wasLiberal partyとLabor PartyAnd, Keynes was a supporter of the Liberal Party. He never gave the latter, the Conservative Party, a lifetime.
- ^ However, within the activity classWorkerHe did not question the conflict between the entrepreneurs and the entrepreneurs, and admitted some disparities due to the differences in abilities between the entrepreneurs and the workers.
- ^ Keynes saw this as a generalization of Ricardo economics.
- ^ According to Keynesian economics, when production resources are idle as at that time, a rightward shift in the aggregate demand curve due to an increase in aggregate demand will realize an increase in output.In fact, the unemployment rate dropped to 1965% in 4.4, and real GDP in 1964-66 averaged 5.5%.Kennedy's tax cuts at this time are often regarded as one of the great achievements of Keynesian economics..
- ^ At this time Vietnam WarIt was pointed out that excess demand due to expansion and effective demand creation such as the expansionary fiscal and monetary policy taken as a measure to respond to the recession after the oil shock are excessive enough to exceed the supply capacity.
- ^ Hicks hisIS-LM analysisArgued that the Keynesian system can be regarded as a kind of classical general equilibrium model in the short term assuming price rigidity.
- ^ Keynes, The General Theory of Employment (1937)
- ^ Keynes, The General Theory, p.262.
- ^ Keynes, Keynesians, the Long Run, and Fiscal PolicyPaul Krugman, Conscience of a Liberal, May 4th 2013
- ^ Blinder, Alan S. (2008). "Keynesian Economics". In David R. Henderson (ed.). Concise Encyclopedia of Economics (2nd ed.). Indianapolis: Library of Economics and Liberty. ISBN-978 0865976658.OCLC 237794267.
- ^ Markwell, Donald (2006). John Maynard Keynes and International Relations: Economic Paths to War and Peace. New York: Oxford University Press. ISBN-0 19-829236-8.
- ^ Keynes, John Maynard (1936). The General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money. Chapter 19. Keynes, General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money (various translations), Chapter 19.
- ^ Hiromi Morishita "Classical Economics and Depression Controversy-1-Rikadu and Malthus"Economic Studies," Vol. 35, No. 3, Faculty of Economics, Hokkaido University, January 1986, pp. 1-539, ISSN 04516265, NOT 110004464496.
- ^ Hiromi Morishita "Classical Economics and Depression Controversy (2)"Economic Studies," Vol. 36, No. 1, Faculty of Economics, Hokkaido University, January 1986, pp. 6-37, ISSN 04516265, NOT 110004464509.
- ^ Hiromi Morishita "Classical Economics and Depression Controversy (3): Rikad and Malthus"Economic Studies," Vol. 36, No. 3, Faculty of Economics, Hokkaido University, January 1986, pp. 12-299, ISSN 04516265, NOT 110004464519.
- ^ Katsuyoshi Watarai "Malthus and Sismondi-Over General Oversupply-"Economic Studies," Vol. 44, No. 2, Iwanami Shoten, April 1993, pp. 4-109, ISSN 0022 – 9733, NOT 110000418691.
- ^ Keynes, John Maynard (1924). "The Theory of Money and the Foreign Exchanges". A Tract on Monetary Reform.
- ^ "I Think Keynes Mistitled His Book".(An interview of Larry Summers by Ezra Klein) The Washington Post. 26 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-08-13."
- ^ George Akarov, Robert Schiller (2009) "Animal Spirit: Human psychology drives macroeconomics"Toyo Keizai Inc.
- ^ a b c Hidemitsu Tanaka "Keynes's theory of consumption function and related topics"Economic Studies, Ryukyu University," No. 75, Faculty of Law and Literature, Ryukyu University, March 2008, 3 (p.57,58-19), ISSN 0557580X, NOT 120001374508.
- ^ Masao Mikabe ""Keynesian Revolution""Life Insurance Culture Research Institute Bulletin" No. 28, Life Insurance Culture Research Institute, September 1974, pp. 9-169, ISSN 02877481, NOT 40002084158.
- ^ a b c Keynes, JM (1936)"The General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money,"University of Missouri-Kansas city.
- ^ Tadashi Hayasaka, "Keynes-In Search of the Possibility of Civilization," Chuokoron-sha, Chuokoron-Shinsho, 1969.ISBN 9784121002075.
- ^ Eiichi Asano "Introduction to Keynes's General Theory" Yuhikaku <Yuhikaku Shinsho>, 1976.ISBN 9784641087071.
- ^ "I am a Libertarian?" World famous book p.166
- ^ "Warfare Procurement Theory" World famous book p.333
- ^ Kamekichi Takahashi "My Practical Economics" Toyo Keizai Inc., 1976.ISBN 9784492390054.
- ^ Mitsuharu Ito "Keynes-The Birth of" New Economics "" Iwanami Shoten <Iwanami Shinsho>, 1962.ISBN 9784004110729.
- ^ Keynes, John Maynard (1926). The End of Laissez-FairLondon: Hogarth Press. ASIN B009XC91WO
- ^ "Escape from laissez-faire"
- ^ Joseph E. Stiglitz"Macroeconomics"
- ^ How Did Economists Get It So Wrong? (Paid browsing)
- ^ Marc Lavoir "Introduction to Post-Keynesian Economics" published by Nakanishiya, 2008.
The matters under the jurisdiction of the Budget Committee are simply "budgetIs only defined (House of Representatives rulesArticle 92, House of Councilors Regulations Article 74).CabinetSubmitBudget proposalThe basic role is to deliberate on the budget, but the budget supports the national policy for one year from the financial aspect, and the preparation of the budget and the execution of the budget are under the responsibility of the Cabinet. ((Article 73 of the Constitution of Japan), Not limited to the contents of the budget, the Cabinet, which is the executing agency of the budgetpolicyThe policy, the response of each administrative department, and the qualifications of ministers will be questioned, and as a result, the Budget Committee will discuss all important matters of national affairs.In fact, problems may be highlighted in these matters through the deliberation of the Budget Committee.On the other hand, apart from procedures such as subcommittees and commissioned examinations (described later), there is almost no discussion in a series of budget deliberations to individually examine the policies and budgets of each ministry and government agency.For this reason, there is a deep-rooted debate that deliberation on budget content should be enhanced..
The budget committeeMain Convention,Party debateAlong with, it is widely recognized as the "flower shape" of the Diet deliberations.,TV relayAnd there are many opportunities for online distribution.All to discuss budget proposalsMinisterIf attended, all other committees will not open at the same time.In addition, the chairperson is generally regarded as a ministerial post, and it is common to allocate experienced ministers.MinisterSeatMinister of FinanceIs fixed to sit next to the Prime Minister,Yukio Hatoyama Cabinet,Noda remodeling cabinetThen.Deputy Prime MinisterBecause the Deputy Prime Minister was not the Minister of Finance, the Minister of Finance will sit next to the Deputy Prime Minister (Prime Minister → Deputy Prime Minister → Minister of Finance).Also,Reorganization of central ministriesLaterChief Cabinet SecretaryIs often behind the Prime Minister.
Generally, it is held intensively as a deliberation of this budget from January to March in the first half of the Diet session.In addition, in addition to cases where a vote on the supplementary budget, etc. is required, it may be held under the name of "survey on the status of budget execution" even when it is not necessary to pass the budget vote.
In the local council, general questions correspond to this.
Budget deliberation flow
The flow of this budget deliberation is basically as follows.
Since the House of Representatives has the right to vote ahead of the budget, the budget proposal is firstOrdinary DietFrom the Cabinet on the day of the convocationHouse of RepresentativesSubmitted to and referred to the Budget Committee.At the plenary sessionPrime Minister OfPolicy statementAt the time ofMinister of FinanceGives a financial speech and explains the budget in the speech.At the committee, the Minister of Finance explained the purpose,Vice Minister of FinanceWill give supplementary explanations respectively.
And all the ministers attended for about 2-3 days,Basic questionIs done.In this case, until the questions of each parliamentary group are completed.NHKThen.NHK General Televisionas well as the NHK Radio First BroadcastAt, all regular programs except disaster reports were stopped.Diet broadcastIs broadcast with priority,versusOppositionInfluential lawmakers often ask questions.All ministers, including the prime minister, and the ruling and opposition parties face each other directly and engage in daily debates.国会It has a flower shape.
After that, by the committeeGeneral Q & AContinues for about 2 weeks, but during that time (about once or twice a week), sometimesPoliticsRegarding issuesIntensive deliberationQuestions and answers will be held in the presence of the Prime Minister and the Prime Minister in charge.Furthermore, local hearing, And a central hearing required by Article 51, Paragraph 2 of the Diet Act will also be held.The intensive deliberation attended by the Prime Minister has received a lot of attention, such as being broadcast on NHK.Public hearingEspeciallyCentral hearingIs positioned as a premise of the vote, so the ruling and opposition parties will fight over these dates.At the hearing, each party recommends for a day and a halfeconomist,UnionA representative of the committee and a professor who reflects the political issues of the time will make a statement and be asked questions by the committee members.
At the end of the budget deliberation, a subcommittee will be held to discuss the budget for each ministry and agency.Usually up to 8 per competent ministrySubcommitteeWill be set up and deliberated for about one and a half days (NHK will not be broadcast in the process after the subcommittee, but it will be distributed online).The subcommittees and the ministries and agencies in charge are as follows.
- First subcommittee:Imperial expenses,国会,裁判 所,Accounting Office,Cabinet,Cabinet Office,Reconstruction Agency,Digital Agencyas well as the Ministry of DefenseAnd matters other than the jurisdiction of other subcommittees
- Second subcommittee:Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications
- Third subcommittee:Ministry of Justice,Ministry of Foreign Affairsas well as the Ministry of Finance
- Fourth Subcommittee:Ministry of education
- Fifth Subcommittee:Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare
- Sixth Subcommittee:Ministry of Agricultureas well as the Ministry of the Environment
- Seventh Subcommittee:Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
- Eighth Subcommittee:Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism
And finally, with the attendance of all ministersClosing Q & AAfter, each partyParliamentary groupRepresentatives give their opinions on the pros and cons of the budgetdiscussAfter that, it is submitted to the vote, and the deliberation by the budget committee is over.The deliberation by the House of Representatives Budget Committee takes about 15 days, and usually takes about 70 hours.
At the plenary session as well, after a report by the chairman of the budget and discussions on the pros and cons of each party's parliamentary group, the vote will be passed by a registered vote, and if the majority agrees, the budget will pass the House of Representatives.3/2By the time you pass the House of Representatives, according to the provisions of the ConstitutionHouse of CouncilorsEven if it is not voted inNaturally establishedAgain, the ruling and opposition parties will fight to decide the deliberation schedule.
The House of Councilors deliberates in much the same way as the House of Representatives, but the purpose is usually explained as a preliminary examination before passing through the House of Representatives.The deliberation of the budget for each ministry and agency is not a subcommittee, but a form in which each committee is entrusted with the relevant part, and after deliberation, it is reported (commissioned examination).If the budget is not established until April 4, the expenditures of each ministry and agency will be affected, so due to the delay in deliberation.Provisional budgetMay be assembled.
If the House of Councilors votes differently from the House of Representatives, the House of Representatives willHouse of CouncilsHowever, if the consultation is not concluded, the vote of the House of Representatives will be the vote of the Diet.Therefore, there are several cases where the budget was rejected by the House of Councilors, but in each case, discussions were not concluded and the budget was usually passed as originally proposed.
The number of members of the Budget Committee is 50 in the House of Representatives (Article 92 of the House of Representatives Regulations) and 45 in the House of Councilors (Article 74 of the House of Councilors Regulations).In each case, one chairperson and nine directors are elected or nominated.
Incident / Episode
* All titles are at that time.
- "Bakayaro" case
- 1953At the Budget Committee of the House of Representatives (Showa 28)Right-wing Socialist PartyLegislatorEiichi NishimuraThe prime minister was angry at his remarksYoshida ShigeruSaid "Bakayaro", and the House of Representatives was dissolved at the plenary session of the House of Representatives after that.
- Kenji Miyamoto is a "murderer" case
- 1988(63) In a question and answer session at the Budget Committee of the House of Representatives on February 2,Japan Communist PartyLegislatorSeiji MasamoriAffirm the "extremist swim policy"Liberal Democratic Party Headquarters Arson Attack CaseThe remark immediately after was quotedKoichi HamadaAfter acknowledging the statement, the chairman acknowledged the statement and said, "Since the time when our party created a situation in which the murderer Kenji Miyamoto was involved in the national affairs from the past, immediately after the end of the war, I have the greatest concern and the greatest struggle philosophy. "Furthermore, the communication with Hamada was discontinued.Minister of FinanceIsKiichi MiyazawaSuddenly interrupted Masamori, who was asking questions about foreign exchange intervention, "On December 8, 12, by Kenji Miyamoto and several others, the then director of the finance departmentTatsuo ObataIn the crotch ... ""wireSqueeze withLynchKilled in.I'll just say this exactly.Sounds good. "What I'm saying is Kenji Miyazawa[Note 1]Didn't you just say you killed a person? ", Etc., The committee was raging (see:Japanese Communist Party Inquiry Lynch Case).Hamada resigned as chairman on this matter.
* Other TV programs until the early 1990sradioThere are often occasions when I get a word about the content of the broadcast and the social situation.MediaIn the industry, the remarks of the committee members were often overwhelming.
- Ask questions on YouTube
- 2019(ReiwaFirst year)10/10 Of200th Extraordinary DietIn the question at the Budget Committee of the House of Representatives inYouTuberAlso active asNational Democratic PartyRepresentativeYuichiro TamakiBut ownYouTubeUsing a personal channel, from the viewer to the YouTube comment sectionTwitterAsked questions at (with a refusal saying "I can't do everything!") And asked questions on the day based on them...Since then, similar projects have been held irregularly..
- Anomalous schedule due to new coronavirus
- Normally, it is not held twice a day,201th Diet sessionDuring the session2020(2nd year of Reiwa)4/29Has set the first supplementary budget for 2020, which includes large-scale economic measures associated with the new coronavirus.4/30Due to the need to establish it by the end of the day, the budget committee of the House of Representatives was held in the morning after returning the holidays.General Affairs Committee-Finance Finance Committee-Main ConventionAfter passing the budget in the House of Representatives, the Budget Committee of the House of Councilors was held in the afternoon to expedite the establishment of the budget.
- In addition, revisionNew influenza measures special measures lawIntensive deliberation accompanying the extension of the state of emergency under Article 32 is also the House of Representatives in the morning., House of Councilors in the afternoonIt was held twice a day in the order of.
- 204th Diet sessionSince the state of emergency was being announced in the budget deliberation, the local hearing was canceled in order to avoid moving, and it was replaced in the form of a reference question...As mentioned aboveSince local inquiry is not mandatory unlike the inquiry under the Diet Law, such handling is possible.following year208th Diet sessionWas treated in the same way.
- ^ I mistakenly called Kenji Miyamoto as Kenji Miyazawa.
- ^ a b [Budget Committee] Why don't you talk about budget? --YouTube Tamaki Channel March 2020, 3
- ^ "Why not stop pursuing the government at the Budget Committee (Yoshitsugu Tanaka) --Yahoo! News”(Japanese). Yahoo! News Individual. 2021/2/12Browse.
- ^ In parallelDiet Internet Deliberation Relay-Nico Nico Live Broadcast-YouTube LiveLive streaming distribution by
- ^ a b Local hearings are procedurally conducted not as public hearings under Article 51, Paragraph 2 of the Diet Act, but as dispatch of members under Article 103 of the Diet Act, which is called local hearings for convenience, but it is not mandatory.
- ^ List of minutes of the first subcommittee of the Budget Committee -House of Representatives
- ^ List of minutes of the second subcommittee of the Budget Committee -House of Representatives
- ^ List of minutes of meeting minutes of the third subcommittee of the budget committee -House of Representatives
- ^ List of minutes of the XNUMXth subcommittee of the Budget Committee -House of Representatives
- ^ List of minutes of the XNUMXth subcommittee of the Budget Committee -House of Representatives
- ^ List of minutes of the XNUMXth subcommittee of the Budget Committee -House of Representatives
- ^ List of minutes of the XNUMXth subcommittee of the Budget Committee -House of Representatives
- ^ List of minutes of the XNUMXth subcommittee of the Budget Committee -House of Representatives
- ^ Committee list Budget committee
- ^ Budget Committee Member List: House of Councilors
- ^ "Minutes of the 112th Diet Budget Committee No. 7”. Parliamentary Minutes Search System (February 1988, 2). 2017/9/30Browse.
- ^ Tamaki asks for questions to Prime Minister Abe on YouTube -Nikkan Sports July 2019, 10
- ^ [Notice] Get closer to politics.What you want to ask Prime Minister Abe, recruitment! --YouTube Tamaki Channel March 2019, 10
- ^ [Weekly Tamaki] Summary commentary from June 6st to 1th, what are the events to watch from next week from June 5th? --YouTube Tamaki Channel March 2020, 6
- ^ << Intensive deliberation on extension of state of emergency >> [Relay of the Diet] Budget Committee of the House of Representatives-May 2, 5nd year of Reiwa- --Nico Nico Live Broadcasting
- ^ << Intensive deliberation for extension of state of emergency >> [Relay of the Diet] Budget Committee of the House of Councilors-May 2, 5nd year of Reiwa- --Nico Nico Live Broadcasting
- ^ INC, SANKEI DIGITAL (January 2021, 2). “Budget Committee to see off local public hearing Corona considers alternatives with witnesses”(Japanese). Sankei News. 2021/2/22Browse.
- ^ Japan Broadcasting Corporation. “House of Representatives Budget Committee Intensive deliberation scheduled twice Statistical data rewriting and corona measures". NHK News. 2022/2/1Browse.
- Diet broadcast
- Settlement Administration Monitoring Committee
- Settlement Committee
- Administrative Oversight Committee
- Party debate