Photo Sentry Champions 3rd round, Hideki Matsuyama's 10th tee shot = 9th, Kapalua (Getty = joint)
Hideki Matsuyama remains at the bottom with 72 US Men's Golf Day 3
If you write the contents roughly
Hideki Matsuyama shoots a bunker shot in the 3th round of the 14rd round.
[Collaboration with Kapalua (Hawaii, USA)] The Sentry Champions of US Men's Golf will be held on the 9th in Kapalua, Hawaii. → Continue reading
We will deliver the latest news in Japan and abroad in a precise and prompt manner.
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
bunker (bunker) IsGolf OfOur CoursesIs one element that formsWater hazardBelongs to the hazard lined up with. Shapes and sizes vary, but they are filled with sand. In most cases, it is recessed several tens of centimeters from the surrounding ground.
Impact of bunker
The bunker belongs to the hazard, but unlike the water hazard, there is no relief measure even if a hit ball is hit into the bunker. It is extremely difficult to hit a ball that flies well from a bunker, which causes the score to deteriorate. In particular, the bunker's sand in dry seasons and climate zones is dry and dry, and the ball hit into the bunker at that time is buried deep in the sand, making it even more difficult to get out of the shot.
The existence of a bunker strongly affects the psychology of each player participating in the match. When a player's ball hits a bunker, that player may become overly tense. At that time, other playersSchadenfreudeThey may have a "gained" feeling due to the effect, and tend to be relaxed. It is a golfer's key to maintain a normal state of mind in spite of various changes in circumstances, and even if another person hits the bunker, he/she is required to have the ability to calmly proceed his/her play without being affected by it.
Guard bunker (guard bunker) A bunker that is around the green and does not let balls spilled from the green to go out of bounds.
Escape from the bunker
A shot to escape from the bunker,Bunker shotSay Especially when escaping from a guard bunker,Sand wedge Use a slightly special club called (SW). The sand wedge is a club that does not have a long flight distance, but has the property of making deep contact with the ball, having a high trajectory, and showing a clear direction. In this case, a club other than the sand wedge may be used. The point is that it is necessary to escape efficiently and make up for the loss in the number of hits in the bunker. If you're new to sand wedges, you can use a club that's easy for you. However, no matter what club you use, you are not allowed to scoop with a face or shaft.
Bunker placement in course design
Considering the placement of bunker in the course design is a tasty task.
As an example, for golfers who can earn flight distance,Tea groundFrom one shotグ リ ー ンWhen thinking about a layout that can aim at, if you place a bunker in front of the green, "you can manage to hit the green with one shot even if you can not do it" or "I am afraid to fit in the bunker and aim a little ahead" ] You can ask the player to make a decision.
As another example, for a beginner's (a little careless) consideration, the ball on the ground rolls for a long time.Out of boundsBy providing a bunker on the slope that tends to be (OB), it may give a kind of "safety zone" role. The bunker behind the green as seen from the teeing ground has this property. Suppress the occurrence of OB by catching a ball that has failed to approach and has flew excessively over the green.penaltyWill be added by 1).
Rules and etiquette
Competitors with the ball in the bunker must not touch the sand in the club until the shot is taken. If you touch itpenaltyBecomesア ド レ スThe case of (taking a shot) is no exception. It should be noted that if the ball does not come out of the bunker on a bunker shot and you hit the sand with regret at the club, the penalty mentioned above will result. This was because the ball didn't come out of the bunker that shot it, so the next shot would also be a bunker shot from the same bunker, and when the club touched the sand, it met the condition ``touched the sand with the club before the shot''. This is because it ends up. However, even if a bunker shot enters another bunker, the next shot will be a bunker shot from another bunker, so hitting the sand of the original bunker at the club does not result in a penalty. If you decide that you cannot escape on your own, you can promptly declare yourself an unplayable and take a penalty of 1 stroke to proceed in an appropriate manner.
No improvements shall be made within the hazard, including bunker. Loose impediments (small obstacles such as dead leaves) should not be removed. If you go wrong, you will get a penalty of two strokes.
After you have escaped from the bunker, you must quickly repair your footsteps and impact marks. It is a violation of manners to proceed to the next place with peace of mind that you can escape. In the case of a general course, there are (mostly)rakeThere is a repairing device called "." If there are marks left by other players, repair them at the same time. Return the rake to a place and direction where it is hard for the ball to hit.
A case involving a bunker
This is really happening in professional golf tournaments around bunkers.
1990 OfDunlop Phoenix ChampionshipDay 3 of. In the 16th hole (par 4)Larry NelsonThe tee shot he shot into the bunker, or through the green, caused him to agonize himself with the race committee. Unfortunately, it happened because the ball entered the border between the bunker and Through the Green. Nelson, who claims that the ball can be dropped without penalty because it is through the green, and the race committee's claim that "the ball is in a bunker. You must take a penalty because you declared unplayable" ( In fact, I couldn't get the ball out of the bunker at once. For the time being, they continue playing, and after the holeout, the two parties discuss again, and eventually Nelson follows the ruling of the race committee (JapaneseApologized "I'm sorry," and the hole became a triple bogey. Nelson is next1991At the same tournament of 4 peopleplay offIt won the championship.
Hideki Matsuyama(Matsuyama Hihire19922/25 -) isJapan OfProfessional golfer.EhimeMatsuyama CityI'm fromMeitoku Gijuku Junior High School/High School-Tohoku Fukushi Universitygraduate.Lexus(Toyota)Belongs.
The youngest Japanese Masters qualifier (19 years old at the time).The first Japanese amateur golfer to be an amateur golferMastersWon the right to participate.
When I was four,Japanese flaxHe started playing golf under the influence of his father who also participated. In the second year of junior high school, I transferred to the Meitoku Gijuku, which has a golf club, for the purpose of "creating a golfing environment."
2010Went on to Tohoku Fukushi University. Same yearAsian Amateur ChampionshipBecame the first Japanese to win the Masters qualification for the following year. Next weekJapan OpenHowever, following a line of professional golfers, he got 3rd place and won the low amateur.
2011ToMastersParticipate in. After passing the qualifying, he became the first Japanese to win the low amateur. In November of the same year,Sumitomo Mitsui VISA Pacific MastersでKuramoto Masahiro,Ryo IshikawaIn the third amateur afterJapan tourWon the championship.
2013On April 4, announced a professional turn. However, he continued to serve as the captain of the golf club at the university, and as a professional, he will play as a member of Tohoku Fukushi University for the time being. Tohoku Fukushi University fully supports the administrative procedures with the association and hotel arrangements. Caddy is an alumnus of the same university and has a wealth of professional caddy experience.Daisuke Shindo, Trainer is also Kanada Norin of the same university, basically fighting rookie year with a team of 3 people.
[April 4-April 25]Tsuruya Open Golf TournamentThen, we started from the 2nd place, which is two strokes away from the top on the last day. After arriving at the top of the 2th place in the latter half of the season, they won the come-from-behind victory, which included four consecutive birdies. The victory in the second professional turn,1999 OfJGTO "Japan Golf Tour Organization"After the start of the tour, the shortest record of the tour, skipping the conventional 5 games.. Before the establishment of JGTO,1979 OfChushikoku OpenIn the professional debut game,1981In Japan's National Planning Summers, the same professional turning second game as MatsuyamaKuramoto MasahiroHave won each.
[April 5-April 30]Diamond cup golfOn the final day, Matsuyama, who started from the top tie, managed to escape and managed to reach the total score of 9 under, scoring his second win this season.
[April 6-April 13]US OpenThen entered 10th place in Thailand and won the US Open participation right next year.
[July 7-July 18] FirstBritish Open And finished in 6th place in Thailand. On the third day, one shot was punished for slow play, causing controversy... In the overseas major, he left Japan's first record of being within 10th place for two consecutive games.
[April 9-April 5]Fuji Sankei ClassicOn the final day, while having a 4-stroke lead, he was overtaken by the following and entered the playoffs. Although I was suffering, I got my third victory this season.
On September 9, we announced the establishment of a fund to support the earthquake recovery. We plan to accumulate 28 yen per birdie and 1 yen per eagle in all future domestic and international competitions. I want to use this for the children affected by the disaster.
[October 10rd-October 3th] United States vs World Selection (excluding European national athletes)President's CupParticipate in. In the world selection, 10 people are automatically selected from the top of the world ranking, MatsuyamaAdam Scott( Australia),Ernie Els( Republic of South Africa) Et al. became the 6th stately elected.
[April 11-April 28]Casio World Open Golf TournamentAnd won his fourth win this season. In the first year of tour participation (Rookie Year)Prize KingConfirm. It became the third player of 3 million yen in history. From the professional debut in 2 games (including 16 overseas major games)Shoji Ozaki(1994, 96) andToshimitsu Izawa(2001) is the fastest ever. In addition, the new player's four wins a year was in 4Kuramoto MasahiroLined up with the most records.
December 12th, 9 Japan Golf Tour Award Ceremony, the highest number ever in history (Best Player Award, Prize Ranking, Unisys Point Ranking Award, Best New Player Award, Average Stroke Award, Perk Keep Rate Award, Birdie Rate Award, Won the Sand Save Rate Award and the Golf Reporter Award).
Graduated from Tohoku Fukushi University in March. At the graduation ceremony, he was awarded the President of the Soto Sect and President's Award for his good performance while playing golf..
May 5-June 29Memorial TournamentAtWon the PGA Tour for the first time by winning the playoff with.. Japanese players dominate the US tour,Isao Aoki,Shigeki Maruyama,Ryuji ImadaAfter 6 years old, Matsuyama won the youngest championship for the first time in 4 years.
Rice held April 4-9Masters TournamentThen, he went into fifth place alone with 11 under.
February 10-13thJapan Open Golf ChampionshipHas won the first domestic major.
February 10-27thHSBC ChampionsHe won the World Golf Championship for the first time.
February 6-15thUS OpenSo I entered second place in Thailand.
February 8-3thBridgestone Invitation ChampionshipThe world golf championship 2nd win and the PGA tour 5th win.
Main battle record
- Japan Junior Golf Championship Men's 15 to 17 year old champion
- Japan Open Golf Championship 3rd place (low amateur)
- 2013(Professional conversion)
Japan Tour (8)
|No.||Date and Time||Convention||Winning score||Strike||2 bit|
|1||201111/13||Sumitomo Mitsui VISA Pacific Masters||-13 (71-64-68 = 203)||2 strokes||Toru Taniguchi|
|2||20134/28||Tsuruya Open Golf Tournament||-18 (69-63-68-66 = 266)||1 strokes|
|3||20136/2||Diamond cup golf||-9 (71-69-68-71 = 279)||2 strokes||(Kim Hyun Sung)|
|4||20139/8||Fuji Sankei Classic||-9 (66-70-66-73 = 275)||play off||Hideto Tanihara/|
|5||201312/1||Casio World Open Golf Tournament||-12 (72-66-68-70 = 276)||1 strokes||Yuta Ikeda|
|6||201411/23||Dunlop Phoenix Tournament||-15 (68-64-67-70 = 269)||play off||Hiroshi Iwata|
|7||201610/16||Japan Open Golf Championship||-5 (71-70-65-69 = 275)||3 strokes||Yuta Ikeda/ (Lee Kyung Hoon)|
|8||201611/13||Sumitomo Mitsui VISA Pacific Masters||-23 (65-66-65-69 = 265) ||7 strokes||(Song Yong Han)|
Japan tour playoff record (2-0)
|1||2013||Fuji Sankei Classic||Hideto Tanihara/||2nd hole in playoff, Tanihara, par 2 on 2 putt par, Matsuyama 2 on 1 putt birdie. Matsuyama's victory.|
|2||2014||Dunlop Phoenix Tournament||Hiroshi Iwata||Playoffs 1st hole, Matsuyama 3 on 2 putt par. Matsuyama wins because Iwata gives up.|
PGA Tour (5)
|No.||Date and Time||Convention||Winning score||Strike||2 bit|
|1||20146/1||Memorial Tournament||-13 (70-67-69-69 = 275)||play off|
|2||20162/7||Phoenix open||-14 (65-70-68-67 = 270)||play off||Ricky Fowler|
|3||201610/30||HSBC Champions||-23 (66-65-68-66 = 265)||7 strokes||Henrik Stenson/|
|4||20172/5||Phoenix open||-17 (65-68-68-66 = 267)||play off|
|5||20178/7||Bridgestone Invitation Championship||-16 (69-67-67-61 = 264)||5 strokes||Zach Johnson|
PGA Tour Playoff Record (3-0)
|1||2014||Memorial Tournament||Playoff 1st hole, Matsuyama 3 on 1 putt par. Matsuyama's victory.|
|2||2016||Phoenix open||Ricky Fowler||4th hole in playoff, 2 on 2 putts in Matsuyama. Fowler 3 on 2 putty bogey. Matsuyama's victory.|
|3||2017||Phoenix open||A birdie in the 4th hole of the playoffs and 2 on 1 putt in Matsuyama. Simpson 2 on 2 putt par. Matsuyama's victory.|
Other wins (1)
- 2016 Hero World Challenge
LA = Low amateur
DNP = Do not participate
WD = Decline due to injury
CUT = half way cut
T = rank Thailand
Green is the winner and yellow is the top 10.
World Golf Championship
|Match play championship||DNP||R32||R16||T18||T51||T36||T24|
|Bridgestone Invitation Championship||T21||T12||T37||T42||1||T39||T43|
QF, R16, R32, R64 = Round
- OakleyJapan-Equipment usage contract (eyewear)
- Dunlop Sports -Comprehensive contract including club, clothing, etc.
- Phiten -Advisory contract
- Lexus -Affiliation contract
- Kowa -Performance support contract
- Nishikawa Industry -Support contract
- Rolex -Sponsor contract * This is the first time that the company has signed a sponsorship contract with a Japanese athlete.
- Nomura Holdings -Sponsor contract
According to people around me,Natural bokeh". When I went out to eat with an acquaintance, he said he had forgotten what he ordered five minutes after he ordered the meal... "I like games with a lot of galleries," he says, with the advantage of being courageous on the big stage. Tohoku Fukushi University's director has also described it as an "immovable type.".
In January 2017, he married a general woman who was one year younger than a junior in the golf club who had been dating since high school, and in July of the same year his first child was born..
- ^ a b c Matsuyama 3 years 6 million LEXUS affiliation contract -Nikkan Sports December 2013, 12
- ^ I decided to win! Hideki Matsuyama is crowned the first rookie in history -Golf Digest Online, December 2013, 12
- ^ Amateur amateur Matsuyama is a masterpiece of V! Liao finishes 8th - Golf digest online・November 2011, 11
- ^ Hideki Matsuyama turned professional! -Japan Golf Tour Organization April 2013, 4,Determined to turn into a professional Masters who supported Hideki Matsuyama - Golf digest online・November 2013, 4
- ^ a b Matsuyama, the fastest V in the second professional round! Conversion 2th, new legend of monster rookie -Sports report April 2013, 4,Matsuyama fastest V!, but the monster was "anxious" Pro 2nd round -Sponichianex2013 April 4
- ^ Matsuyama, the second race is the fastest professional V = Tsuruya open golf -Jiji Dotcom April 2013, 4
- ^ Hideki Matsuyama's slow play -THE OPENJuly 2013, 7
- ^ Matsuyama establishes fund to support disaster recovery “If you can help” -Sanspo2013 September 9
- ^ Hideki Matsuyama evolves. "Value" of the President's Cup -Shueisha Sportiva October 2013, 10
- ^ Hideki Matsuyama wins 4th win this season -Japan Golf Tour Organization-December 2013, 12
- ^ Hideki Matsuyama has achieved the highest number of nine crowns in history! -Golf Digest Online, December 2013, 12
- ^ Hideki Matsuyama attends Tohoku Welfare University graduation ceremony "4 years early" -ALBA · March 2014, 3
- ^ Matsuyama wins first US tour with playoff Nikkan Sports Read June 2014, 6
- ^ "Hideki Matsuyama V Fouls and play-off fight"Nikkan Sports. (February 2016, 2) 2016/2/8Browse.
- ^ "Matsuyama is Japan's XNUMXth most-winning US men's golf". Nihon Keizai Shimbun(July 2017, 2) 2017/2/6Browse.
- ^ "How did the overseas media convey the round of Hideki Matsuyama and Trump?". Shueisha. 2017/11/26Browse.
- ^ a b c Sumitomo Mitsui VISA Pacific Masters Final Round Results -Sports Nippon Shimbun, published November 2016, 11, read November 13, 2016
- ^ Strong support for Matsuyama Same eyewear contract with Oakley as Ichiro et al. -Sponichianex2013 April 6
- ^ Hideki Matsuyama and Dunlop extend record for XNUMX years, XNUMX billion yen, the highest in Japanese golf history -Sports notificationJanuary 2018, 1
- ^ "Monster" Hideki Matsuyama contracts with Phiten! -Sports Navi, September 2013, 9
- ^ Kowa Co., Ltd. "Vantelin Kowa" Support for performance of professional golfer Hideki Matsuyama from December 12st
- ^ "Hideki Matsuyama contracts with Rolex Major V with support --Golf: Nikkan Sports”(Japanese). nikkansports.com. 2021/1/13Browse.
- ^ "HIDEKI MATSUYAMA x NOMURA (Hideki Matsuyama sponsor site) | NOMURA". www.nomuraholdings.com. 2021/1/13Browse.
- ^ a b c Tokyo Chunichi Sports・2011 pages on January 1, 7
- ^ Profile of Hideki Matsuyama -Japan Golf Tour Organization
- ^ "Sugar" that contrasts with Ryo Ishikawa of Hideki Matsuyama -Sports Navi, September 2013, 4
- ^ Japan Golf Tour Organization. “Hideki Matsuyama, an amateur, makes a good start !!". Japan Golf Tour Organization --The Official Site of JAPAN GOLF TOUR. 2021/1/13Browse.
- ^ "[Rookie prize king] Hideki Matsuyama / Part 1-Close-up [Par Golf Plus | PAR GOLF PLUS] P2 / 3”(Japanese). PAR GOLF PLUS. 2021/1/13Browse.
- ^ "Giant Tomoyuki Sugano "Five years to die" Hideki Matsuyama "Winning in his thirties" ... New Year talk (XNUMX)”. GOLF notification. 2021/1/14Browse.
- ^ "HIDEKI GOLF GARDEN". hideki-golf.jp. 2021/1/13Browse.
- ^ "Hideki Matsuyama Announces Marriage & Birth of First Child”(Japanese). Golf digest online. 2021/1/13Browse.
- ^ "Matsuyama, "XNUMX-year love" that he thought out The secret wife is a junior golf club and a bilingual returnee child "" Shotgun "natural flow"”(Japanese). zakzak. 2021/1/13Browse.