Director Chunichi Yoda, who has been in office for the third year, "I feel responsible for winning more" I pray for the league championship at Atsuta Jingu for the first time in 3 years
If you write the contents roughly
Dragons will face the Carp battle at Mazda Stadium.
Professional baseball will finally start on March 3th this week.Director Yoda of Dragons and others at Atsuta Jingu for the first time in 26 years ... → Continue reading
"Tokai TV Broadcasting" (Fuji TV affiliate) news account. We will send you the latest news from Aichi, Gifu and Mie prefectures.
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
MAZDA Zoom-Zoom Stadium Hiroshima
MAZDA Zoom-Zoom Stadium Hiroshima(Mazda Zoom Zoom Stadium Hiroshima)HiroshimaHiroshima citySouth wardLocated in MinamikaniyaBaseball field.Professional baseball-Central League(Se League)Hiroshima Toyo Carp Private stadiumWe use as (base).
It is a baseball field owned by Hiroshima City, and the name based on the regulations of Hiroshima City (Hiroshima City Stadium Ordinance, March 20, 3 Ordinance No. 28. Hereinafter referred to as “Ordinance”)Hiroshima City Stadium"(Hiroshima Shiminkyujo). Hiroshima Toyo Carp Co., Ltd.Designated administratorIs managed asLater).Facility naming rightsBased on the opening of April 2009マ ツ ダAcquired the naming rights, and acquired "MAZDA Zoom-Zoom Stadium Hiroshima" (abbreviated name "Mazda Stadium)) is used (for details, seeLater).
DilapidatedFirst Hiroshima Municipal Stadium(From April 2009 to the end of August 4, "Former Hiroshima City Stadium", Hiroshima CityNaka-kuMotomachiAs a facility to replaceFormer Higashihiroshima Freight StationAt a baseball field constructed on the yard of2009It was completed in the spring and has been used as a special stadium for the Hiroshima Toyo Carp since the same year. In the construction, various new innovations that were not available in conventional Japanese baseball fields were introduced, which has various effects on the baseball fields that will be constructed and refurbished later (see below). Also, at this stadium, various commercial facilities have been built around the stadium after the opening, and it has been thriving.
In addition, until March 2009, 3 when the first generation was used, the provisional name in the Hiroshima City Ordinance was "Shin Hiroshima City Stadium" (Shinhiroshima Shiminkyujo).
Background to construction
Failure of the dome stadium concept and open stadium construction plan
Hiroshima Toyo Carp1980 eraFrom team staffMajor LeagueFrom all stadiums to local stadiums in Japan to inspect facilities[Note 1]For example, he has been energetically conducting research on a new stadium that replaces the Hiroshima Municipal Stadium (at that time).
1990 eraWhen you enter,Hiraoka KeiFrom the viewpoint that the mayor (at that time) is "building a town attractive to young people",JNR Clearing CorporationHiroshima City, which had indicated a policy of saleSouth wardEast stationHigashihiroshima freight station(cargoYard) On the relocation siteDome StadiumExpress the idea of considering construction. After that, in the background of the proposal of the dome stadium plan centered around the local business world, the site investigation survey committee of Hiroshima city1997(Heisei9) In September, we reached the conclusion that "the purpose of using the former cargo yard is to construct a dome stadium".1998(Heisei10 years) In March, Hiroshima City changed this land to Hiroshima City.Land Development CorporationI got it in advance.
At that time, the debate about the construction of the dome stadium was down due to the worsening financial conditions in Hiroshima City,2000 eraAbout half a century has passed since the opening of the citizen's stadium, and the discharge tube type has a service life of 8,000 hours.Astro VisionThe usage time of over 1 hours, and because the discharge tube that composes the vision was discontinued, its replacement cannot be left,Dot dropWas happening. Furthermore, a hole will be opened in a part of the outfield fence,PlasticDeterioration became even more serious, with 3 and 3 seats being destroyed in three consecutive battles.
Also, on the third base side visitor teamlocker room TheAir conditioningWithout even equipmentYakult OfAthletes' associationIs largeFanIt is like purchasing and offering free of charge,pathI started to hear complaints about equipment, such as having to change clothes. Such dissatisfaction of the visitor team was directed to the Hiroshima baseball team, and the athletes often bowed themselves..
In addition to these circumstances, special measures to reduce interest burden on the yard will expire2003Was approaching,2000(HeiseiAfter 12, the possibility of constructing a dome stadium came to be considered again... However, the Dome baseball stadium is not expected to generate profits that are high in construction and maintenance costs, and the Hiroshima baseball teamArtificial grassIs a heavy burden for athletes and is obsolete in the United States."2001(HeiseiIn March 13, Hiroshima City changed its policy and replaced the dome stadium plan.naturalShiba"Complex facility plan with open stadium as the core".. In response to this, the Hiroshima baseball team began to consider commercializing an open baseball stadium. afterwards,2002(Heisei14 years)competitionIn the Hiroshima team and the USReal estate investment trustMajorSimon Property Group,andDentsu,Kashima constructionDue toJoint ventureProposed by "Team Entium"PFIA method-based redevelopment plan was selected.
On the other hand, localBusiness worldFromthe weatherThere was an opinion that the construction of a dome stadium should be done for the purpose of attracting wide area customers that are not affected by, Hiroshima, July 2002Tadashi AkibaThe mayor has officially announced that he will start this project in 2004 by promoting this "complex facility type open baseball plan". But in the middle of planning2003(Heisei(15) In September, Simon Property Group announced its expansion policy in Japan.TokyoCentered onThree major metropolitan areasChanged to "Emphasis", and in November of the same year, a final notice will be given to the decision to abandon Hiroshima. Following the withdrawal of the core company of the joint venture, the plan was completely blanked and stalled on December 11, 12.
Reconstruction of existing stadium or new stadium
after that,Osaka Kintetsu BuffaloesとOrix Blue WaveTriggered by the merger problemSphere reorganization problemWhen the event happened, there was a growing demand for the reconstruction of the citizen's stadium or the construction of a new stadium on the site of the cargo yard, centered on the local business community and citizens who felt a sense of crisis for the survival of the Hiroshima baseball team. An organized "New Baseball Stadium Promotion Conference" was established. In parallel with this,Chinese newspaper,China broadcastingLocal mass media such asCitizenDonationThe campaign was carried out, and finally about 1 million yen was raised.
In the process of proceeding with the discussion at the promotion meeting, ``It is located at the end of the spectator's seat, with a view of the field and a width of 8 m-12 m that can orbit the stadium.Concourse"Installation", "Audience seats with spacious spacing and layout similar to major league baseball stadiums", "1st floor seats with gentle slope and 2nd floor seats that are easy to watch because of low height", "stadium related rooms" Area 25,000 m2(Citizen stadium (at that time) was about 12,500 m2To meet the needs of the Hiroshima baseball team, such as "Securing of the )", it became clear that "the new stadium will be a much larger building than the citizen stadium"..
Therefore, when remodeling at the current location, it is first closeHouseInterference with is a problem. In addition to the problem of relocation of nearby buildings that arises because of that, if it is a renovation while proceeding with home games, it will be a problem for players and spectators.SafeIt is expected that construction costs will increase and the construction period will be prolonged because sufficient consideration will be required in terms of construction..
On the other hand, when relocating to the site of the cargo yard, there are few restrictions on the ground, and the focus is on the stadium.Hiroshima StationLarge surroundingRedevelopmentWhile it becomes possiblePublic transportAnd around道路However, it is not maintained as much as the current location, and the convenience of transportation will deteriorate for the spectators who are familiar with the citizen's stadium. In addition, the shops around the old civic stadium showed concern that the flow of customers could change significantly if the stadium integrated with the city moved, and what else to do with the business entity, above all, financing Including the problem of, There were various advantages and disadvantages.
In March 2005, the new stadium construction promotion conference said, "The construction site will be deepened based on a plan to rebuild while holding professional baseball at the current location. Rebuilding at the current location is difficult due to financial and construction issues. In that case, we will consider establishing a new site on the site of the yard."
Further chaos to construct new stadium
2005(Heisei(17) In July, Mayor Akiba of Hiroshima City will show the policy of constructing a cargo yard on the site due to the difficulty of construction at the current location. Although there was some fan opposition, the local business community confirmed that policy, and the Hiroshima baseball team had a long-standing attitude of not depending on the construction site.[Note 2], The direction of the new stadium has solidified. In response to it2009(Heisei21 years) at the new stadiumAll star gamesWas decided to be held.
However2006(Heisei18) New stadium held in Marchdesign-constructioncompetitionThen,Defense Facility Agency rigging caseMany involved inGeneral contractorWill not be able to participate, and the only group qualified to participate is the Hiroshima team, "(in this design plan)EntertainmentI have no confidence in doing so."In addition, there was strong dissatisfaction and opposition from the Hiroshima citizens and fans as a result of the competition for only one group, and it was rejected..2006(Heisei18) In April, the planned construction sitesoilExceeds the standard valuearsenicWas detected, and reports were made that the safety of players and spectators playing was an issue.[Note 3].
In addition, Hiroshima City set the construction cost of the stadium itself to 90 billion yen (excluding construction costs and profits related to peripheral development) at the time of the recompetition, which is an example of other stadiums that spent 100 billion yen or more[Note 4]As a result, some mass media often inquire about it, and there was speculation among citizens and fans that it would be a stadium with poor facilities to become the headquarters of Carp... In June 2006, Arup Sports Group, who participated in the previous design and construction competition but declined before the selection.[Note 5]Held a press conference disagreeing with Hiroshima City's policy and set a construction cost of 190 billion yen.[Note 6]Has occurred until the situation of publishing.
In this way, in addition to the chaotic situation surrounding the new stadium, the measures to use the site of the civil stadium did not progress slowly, so Hiroshima citizens and fans asked, "Does Hiroshima City really have the intention to create a new stadium?" There was also a harsh opinion such as "Will the new stadium be in time for 2009 (where all-star games will be played)?"
Construction starts, opening in 2009
In view of the harsh viewpoints described above, the station Higashimachi district became August 2006InfrastructureDrainage work (including the planned new stadium) began as a maintenance project, and a design competition was newly held in September of the same year.Tokyo Tatsumi International Swimming Pool,Hyogo Prefectural Tajima DomeEnvironmental Design Laboratory (TokyoMinato-ku) Work was selected.
On October 2006, 10, Hiroshima City signed a basic and detailed design contract with the Environmental Design Research Institute based on this best proposal, and the company received opinions from fans and players.[Note 7]The basic design was compiled in February 2007 and the implementation design was compiled in July of the same year.
In addition, according to the business plan announced in May 2007, of the construction cost of the new stadium (5 billion yen) and the land acquisition cost (90 billion yen), of which the construction cost of 54.75 billion yen was 144.75 billion yen. Regarding the above, donations (11.54 million yen) such as the above-mentioned "Taru donation" andMinistry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism OfTown development grant(7.08 million yen), subsidies for the sewerage government (3.2 million yen, which will be used for land acquisition costs). If we make up the remaining 133.21 billion yen with usage fees, the annual usage fee will be 2.3 million yen including maintenance costs of 8.85 million yen, but the actual annual usage fee will be 6.57 million yen and 4.27 yen per year excluding maintenance costs. The plan is to allocate 51.55 million yen to the remaining land acquisition cost (35.66 billion yen) and part of the construction cost (XNUMX billion yen).
The Hiroshima baseball team pays 5 million yen annually to the current citizen's stadium as a stadium fee, but this is 6000 million yen increased by 1900 million yen at the new stadium[Note 8](This increase in burden is said to "provide a more comfortable environment", and the Hiroshima baseball team has not made any objections). The remaining 7800 million yen in usage fees is said to have been collected from conventional amateur mass media.
If these factors are added, the remaining real burden will be 46 billion yen, and on June 2007, 6, Hiroshima City, Hiroshima Prefecture, and the local business community will be the three parties. 4 million yen (of whichマ ツ ダ,China Electric Power,Hiroshima BankIt was agreed that each of the three companies would bear half the cost). As a source of these resources, Hiroshima Prefecture and Hiroshima City will allocate 3 billion yen out of the burden, so bothMini public offering bonds「新広島市民球場債」を発行、購入希望者を募集したところ、締め切りとなる2008年10月15日までに個人と法人合わせて1万2272件、予定額の3倍以上に上る66億2220万円の応募があったため、急遽同年10月17日に購入者を決める抽選会が行われた。また、地元経済界の負担分とされた11億5000万円については、広島Chamber of commerceAs a result of soliciting donations from each company mainly by the above, by the end of March 2008, more than 3 billion yen, which was much higher than the target amount, was collected. Regarding the usage of the amount exceeding this target, discussions were held between the business community and Hiroshima City based on the purpose of donation, etc., and as a result, towards the JR train window running on the north side of the stadium newly , An electronic bulletin board that displays points, number of innings, etc. was installed.
Following the official decision of the new stadium design plan and the burden of construction costs, the main building construction was completed on August 2007, 8.General competitive biddingCarried out. Only bidGoyo ConstructionとMasuoka group, Koujigumi's three companies related to Hiroshima[Note 9]byJoint venture(JV)Scheduled price99.99%[Note 10]Successful bid with. Bought the electrical equipment constructionChudenko,Nippon Denki Kogyo, Together with JV of Naganuma Electric Industry Co., Ltd., received the decision of the construction contract contract of the city council on September 2007, 9, and construction work proceeded from November 28 of the same year.
After the above bid,空調Facility,healthBidding has also been held for construction of equipment, scoreboards (including large-scale video equipment and sub-scoreboards), and as a result, the total successful bid price was 2 million yen lower than the planned price. Is the equipment that was planned to be added after completion (エ レ ベ ー タ ーEtc.) and order upgrades for audience seatsWas devoted to.
Construction work proceeded smoothly and the completion ceremony was held on March 2009, 3,Admission ticketThe sale of team and team goods started on April 2009, 4.May 4Pair ofChunichi DragonsThe game was held for the first time in the official game, but the match was 3 to 11 and Chunichi won a big win, and strangely the first game of the old civil stadium (1957・Kanp to Hanshin, 1v15)defeatAtFlutterMet. The same yearMay 7IsAll star gamesRound 2 was held (Hiroshima held for the first time in 14 years).Amateur baseballFrom July of the same yearNational High School Baseball Championship Hiroshima TournamentThe opening ceremony ofOpening match,Final gameIt is used for etc.
The following points can be cited as the features of this stadium, which was created through the process described in the previous section.
- PR as a new tourism resource in Hiroshima : Official baseball rulesIn line with the above, the line going from the base plate to the second base plate through the pitcher's plate is facing northeast.[Note 11], The stadium was opened to the north JR side. Parallel by thisSanyo ShinkansenAfter seeing the game from the JR window(Reference video: Sanyo Shinkansen seated stadium seen from seats)The ventilation and ventilation necessary for protection of natural grass in and out are secured.
- Structure based on left-right asymmetry: The size of the field is 101m for the left wing (103m at the beginning of the plan), 122m for the midsize, and 100m for the right wing.Official baseball rulesHowever, this asymmetrical field is not satisfied.Major LeagueHowever, it is not common in traditional Japan. The outfield stand is also asymmetrical with more seats on the popular home team side (right side), especially the left outfield seat design.Fenway Park,Oracle ParkIt is a stand with a characteristic reminiscent of (there are many scenes where a ball flies here and then disappears out of the field). As mentioned above, this is because the design restrictions that the Sanyo Main Line and Sanyo Shinkansen pass by the stadium premises are taken into consideration, and JR passengers are also regarded as spectators at the stadium, and the structure is such that the inside of the stadium can be seen from the car window. ..
- Reduction of foul ground: Within the limits of the official baseball rules[Note 12]By making it as small as possible, the spectators can get a closer look at the players' play. Matsuda owner of the Hiroshima team said, "Closeness to the players is an important factor.Army home groundAt the time of construction, I thought it was good to have a wide foul ground, but it was a misjudgment given the realistic and powerful play. ", That reflection is utilized.
- Second floor stand protruding to the field side: In the conventional stadium, the infield stand on the 2nd floor, where the distance to the field is often far away and the sensation of presence is diminished. Being able to experience the enthusiasm of the game.
- Gently sloping stand: In the conventional Japanese baseball field, due to restrictions on location and multipurpose usage other than baseball, the slope of the infield stand is 1 to 15.0 degrees on the first floor and 25.0 to 2 degrees on the second floor. Was set to. Designed as a baseball-only facility, the slope of the stands is 35.0 to 40.0 degrees on the first floor and 1 degrees on the second floor, which is a gentle gradient of 8.9 to 18.6 degrees compared to general stadiums in Japan. , Which is about the same as the major league ball park. Therefore, it is easy to access the concourse from the audience seats.
- Various watching seats: In addition to "performance seats" and "sand-covered seats" for private cheering squads equipped with noise and enthusiastic fans, "box floors", "party floors", "bullpen restaurants", "peeping tubes", and even AT & T Park There is a "just watching area" etc., so that many people can enjoy watching the game in various styles (details areLater).
- A spacious audience seat: All the seats on the infield and outfield stand have a major league class width of 50 cm and depth of 85 cm. Furthermore, the seats near the infield stand and outfield are set up toward the pitcher mound, and are considered to be optimal for watching baseball games, where the game between the pitcher and the batter's mound is the basis.
- Wide and stepless concourse: A concourse with a width of 12m in the infield and 8m in the outfield is located at the end of the auditorium on the first floor. There are many shops and toilets here, so you can see the players playing on the field from any position. (The back of the scoreboard temporarily hides the field, so you can check the play on the TV monitor. Is installed). Therefore, watching the game is not interrupted during the match, and it is also possible to use this concourse to orbit the stadium. This concourse has undergone expansion work even after the stadium was completed, and after the right stand side was added in the 1 season off and the left stand side was added in the 2011 season off, from autumn 2013 to 2015 , The area behind the back screen was extended to the vicinity of the Daishu Rainwater Reservoir related buildings.
- Introduction of universal design: In addition to 142 seats on the concourse for wheelchair users, users can use elevators (5 at the time of opening of the stadium, 2014 more since 1) to use it anywhere in the stadium. Is accessible. Further on the concourse,OstomateIn addition to providing a multi-purpose toilet and nursing room, there are also 1,000 seats in the spectator seats of the infield and outfield stands that convert audio into electrical signals and deliver them directly to the hearing aids from equipment under the floor. Has been done. These efforts are highly evaluated,Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and TourismReceived "Barrier-free Promotion Minister's Commendation" for the first time as a sports facility in Japan .
- Infield wild grass: The natural grass cultivated at this stadium is a two-year production of Western grass Tifton 419 (Natsushiba) and Perennial Ryegrass (Fuyushiba) as a result of consideration of its beauty and cushioning properties.Overseed). In order to efficiently grow and maintain this natural grass, it is the only dedicated stadium for domestic professional baseball teams to have a pop-up automatic watering device (59 units) in the field. This computer-controlled facility works by spraying an appropriate amount of water into a mist that natural grass can absorb most easily at a fixed time. Furthermore, on the grounds of the stadium (on the side of the infield stand on the first base side), turf for repair is being cured in order to maintain a field of natural turf that has been damaged during the season. In order to respond, we are also curing at the former site of the former 2012st player dormitory (Sanso dormitory) in Hiroshima city. From 2016, in order to enhance the beauty of natural grass, infield soil is replaced with conventional black soil, sand,AntokerThe soil mixed with and has been changed to Antuker soil that has a reddish color in addition to good drainage.
In this way, the new stadium is characterized by various attempts made from the viewpoint of the audience.
This has been mainstream in major leagues since the 90sOriole Park at Camden YardsRepresented byNeoclassicalThis is because the Hiroshima team requested that the idea of "(Neo-classical style)" be incorporated into the stadium. Although there were restrictions due to construction budget, etc.,Oracle ParkWith reference to the design of the, the piping inside the structure is exposed, but the seating space is wide, and the design concept that is functional in the Major League style and has a sharp cost distribution is adopted. [Note 13], And on the second floor stand during constructionPrecast methodWe have reduced construction costs and shortened construction period through various measures such as the introduction of
In addition to the initial construction cost of 90 billion yen for the baseball stadium, the Hiroshima baseball team will be charged for the construction of equipment (professional locker room, sports bar, baseball team in the stadium building, etc.) required for professional baseball performance. Additional burden of 22 billion yen [Note 14]Finally, as a result of the construction cost of more than 110 billion yen, it was one of the largest open stadiums in Japan in terms of scale and equipment.[Note 15]It became a thing.
For the first time as a stadium in Japan, many attempts have been accepted not only for traditional baseball fans, but also for those who have been hesitant to watch games at old civil stadiums. By attracting widespread support from three generations, the number of spectators mobilized in 2009 (the first year of opening) of the Hiroshima baseball team reached a record high (at that time) 150 million, which was significantly higher than the initial target of 187 million. In addition, annual sales for the same year reached 2008 billion yen, which was 46 billion yen higher than that of 117, which was a record high, exceeding the 100 billion yen mark for the first time.. AlsoChina Electric PowerSystemthink tankAccording to the announcement of "Energy Research Institute," the economic ripple effect from the activities of the Hiroshima baseball team in the 2009 season reached about 185 billion yen, which is far beyond the age of the old civil stadium..
The number of spectators has continued to stay below 2009 million since 150. In 6, the sixth year since its opening, as a result of being supported by strong team performance, it mobilized 2014 people, exceeding the record high of 2009, and the economic ripple effect was estimated to be 190 billion yen., Next year 2015Hiroki Kuroda,Takahiro AraiThe team's popularity has risen further due to the return of the team, and it surpassed the 9 million mark for the first time in the history of the team in the game against Hanshin on September 27, and finally mobilized 200 people, the economic ripple effect is 211 billion. Reached the circle.
Furthermore, the carp is the first time in 25 yearsCentral LeagueIn 2016, which won the championship, mobilized 237 people, the highest in the history of the team (Climax series125,095 people,Japan seriesIncluding 91,950 people). Win the championshipMagic numberThe economic ripple effect reached 2 billion yen, with the record number of spectators of 9 in the history of stadium in September 8 against Japan on September 32,546.
The fact that the Hiroshima baseball team has greatly increased spectator mobilization at the main stadium has attracted attention from various fields, and during the five years from 2013 to 2017,2020 Tokyo Olympics-ParalympicOrganizing Committee,Professional baseballOfficials,J LeagueApproximately 200 people from more than 2,900 groups from each club and government offices nationwide visited the stadium. Renovation work completed in May 2017Haruka Yume StadiumOf the Hiroshima baseball team(I.e.As a result of receiving advice from the owner, the shape of the stadium is asymmetrical, and the design makes use of the scenery where the train passes behind the left wing. In addition, the movement of new stadiums will continueKorean professional baseball7 teams came to visit the site, and as a result, it opened in 2014Gwangju Kia Champions FieldA large concourse was adopted in the.
Stadium construction process
1995, JR Freight Higashihiroshima Station[Note 16]Relocated to the former Hiroshima yard (a site that spreads in a spindle shape between the upper and lower lines of the Sanyo Main Line on the east side of Hiroshima Station),Hiroshima Freight Terminal StationOpened as The track was removed from the former site of Higashihiroshima Station, and a vast vacant lot had spread for more than 10 years since then (Image A), after the stadium design proposal was decided in October 2006, the development was carried out sequentially.
As a first step, construction of an underground reservoir was started in December 2006 at the ground of the new stadium. This underground storage area is subject to heavy rainHiroshima StationThe new stadium uses part of the stored water for watering the ground, cleaning toilets, etc. to prevent flooding in the surrounding area. Completed in October 2007 (Image B).
Construction of the stadium itself started in late November the following day. Performed foundation work until March 11 (Image C), the housing work on the first floor of the infield stand started in April (Image D). In late May, housing construction on the first floor of the infield stand was almost completed, and ground maintenance was started (Image E). Tefton turf was planted in late June, and in mid-July a greening ground appeared. Also in June, the outfield stand housing work started (Image F). Large size of 7 tons class, which is the largest in Japan from JulycraneMade by factories all over the countryPrecast concrete (PC) Construction of the second-floor stand was promoted by installing pillars (Image GJ). In addition, the construction of scoreboards and lighting towers will proceed in parallel (Image H・I), the stadium body almost appeared in December (Image K). From February 2009, the lighting test of the lighting tower started, and it was confirmed whether the specified performance was satisfied and the condition at the time of stadium maintenance (Image M), and at the same time, planting work was underway on the stadium premises.
The construction was completed on March 2009, 3, and then from the 16th to the 18th of the same monthMAZDA Zoom-Zoom Stadium HiroshimaThe front signboard of is installed (Image N), installation work of advertisements and signs in the stadium was done.
A stadium completion ceremony was held on March 2009, 3, a tour for invited people on April 28, and a local broadcasting station on the following four days.China broadcastingHeld a pre-opening event by inviting 2 people selected by lottery from pre-application (Image O/P). In June of the same year, a donation from citizens and business circles was completed to newly create a score bulletin board for JR passengers to inform them of the progress of the match (Image Q). In response to the increase in wheelchair users in the off-season of 2013, an elevator was added to the infield stand on the 3rd base side, and it started operation from May 2014 (Image R).
In addition, regarding the stadium itself, in 2012 the rear of the light stand (Image S), 2014 is behind the left stand (Image T), and in 2016 behind the scoreboard (Image U), new booths for each event, etc. are being added one after another.
In addition, as part of the maintenance of the new stadium, a sidewalk connecting the stadium with JR Hiroshima Station and JR Tenjingawa Station is being developed (Image d), looking at these footpaths and Oshu-dori, which extends to the south side of the new stadium, from the skycarp streamerIt is a device that makes the shape of.. Also, in order to eliminate traffic congestion in the surrounding area, increase lanes on Dashu-dori, south of the stadiumImage a), located on the west side of the stadiumKojin OverpassWidening work (Image b), Road maintenance of the Danbara Kaniya Line connecting the stadium and Heiwa Odori (Image c) Is underway, and these works were completed in March 2009, almost the same as the completion of the stadium.
Construction image of the stadium body
Maintenance image around the stadium
c. The construction site of the Danbara Kaniya Line that leads from the new stadium to Heiwa Odori. It opened in March 2009. OnceUjina LineIt is a mark. (Photographed on February 2009, 2)
7 floors above ground, 1 floor below ground, maximum height: 30.65 m. The comparison data with the old stadium are as follows.
|Item||Hiroshima City Stadium|
(Mazda Zoom-Zoom Stadium Hiroshima)
|(Reference) First Hiroshima City Stadium|
|Baseball stadium scale||Site area||50,472.42 m2||23,848 m2|
|Building area||22,964.48 m2||6,400 m2|
|Total floor area||39,524.01 m2||12,640 m2|
|Stand gradient||1st floor 8.9-18.6 degrees|
2nd floor 29.5 degrees
|1st floor 20.0-30.0 degrees|
2nd floor 35.0 degrees
|field||Left wing||101 m||91.4 m|
|Left middle||116 m||109.7 m|
|Mid-level||122 m||115.8 m|
|Right middle||116 m||109.7 m|
|Right wing||100 m||91.4 m|
|Outfield fence height||Mid-sized area 2.5 m|
Part of the right wing 2.5 --3.4 m
Straight part of left wing 3.6 m
|area||12,710 m2||12,160 m2|
|Uchino ground||Natural grass|
(With Tifton 419
(Mixed black soil and sand)
|Outfield ground||Natural grass|
|audience seat||Total capacity||33,000||31,984|
|Uchino 1st floor seat||14,150 seat||13,859 seat|
|Uchino 2st floor seat||6,400 seat||4,925 seat|
|Outfield 1st floor seat||6,550 seat||11,738 seat|
|Outfield 2st floor seat||3,250 seat|
|Wheelchair space||142 seat|
(Infield first base side: 67 seats, infield third base side 37 seats,
30 seats on the outfield light side, 1 seat on the front sand cover third base side,
3 carp performance seats,
Visitor performance 4 seats)
(3 seats on the 3st base side, XNUMX seats on the XNUMXrd base side)
|Other than fixed seats||About 2500 people||-|
|Seat dimensions||Width 50 cm x depth 85 cm (all seats with cup holder)||Width 43 cm x depth 60-75 cm|
|Infield ball fence||1.75m|
- Most domestic stadiums that meet the official baseball rules have a field area of 13,000 to 14,000 m.2On the other hand, the main stadium emphasized the presence and power of play, and the foul ground part was reduced as much as possible, so after renovationRakuten Life Park Miyagi(Same as above: 12,800 m2), The field area is slightly smaller than before. In the home of professional baseballMetLife Dome(Same as above: 12,631.29 m2), The second smallest field area.
- Like many major league stadiums, the home base is southwest. Therefore, during the day game, the outfielder needs to be careful about sunlight when chasing a flying ball.
- According to the field figures, the left wing side is wide, but the outfield fence near the left wing pole is a straight line, which is rare in Japan, so the distance from the home base is longer on the right wing side, which has a bulge than on the left wing side, except at the pole.
- As a result of considering whether the line to be judged as a home run should be the second layer (2 m) or the third layer (3.6 m) of the stand, the fence on the left wing side was decided to be the second layer... A wire mesh is installed in front of the sand-covered seats on the first layer and the peephole tube seats on the light side to separate them from the ground.
- For the outfield fence, the Hiroshima baseball teamTakashi OgataAs a result of incorporating the requests from the players such as, although there is no big change in the overall height, the height of the cushion part has been increased from the conventional 1m35cm to 1m80cm, and the cushion itself has high-performance shock absorption capacity. (Thickness 125 mm) is used. Hiroshima in 2010Masato AkamatsuとSoichiro AmayaIt is said that the play that he succeeded in succession by climbing a home run hit ball on the outfield fence and catching it is due to the thickness and hardness of this cushion (see the articles of both names for details of the play).
- "News stationInHideki Kuriyama(CurrentHokkaido Nippon-Ham FightersAccording to the director's comment, the ground ball is hard to roll because the infield is natural grass, there are many irregular bounds, and it is difficult to take double play.
- May 2012, 5, starting in HiroshimaKenta MaedaShowed a behavior that slipped many times during pitching, so after the gamemoundWhen I checked the surroundings, the soil around the scaffolding on the side of the step was dug too much, and a bare surface like concrete was exposed. In response to this, during the team expeditionTokyo DomeRefurbished to a harder clay mound similar to.
- Until 2015 in inland soilHiroshima Municipal Stadium (first generation)Considering the harmony of colors with natural grass, the mixed soil consisting of black soil and sand that has been used sinceAntokerWas used as a blend. The infield wild grass was replaced during the off-season from 2015 to 2016, and in parallel with this, the players said, ``I want you to make the infield run harder.'' As a result of accepting the request of "I want you to improve the drainage" and considering the harmony of the color with the natural grass, the composition of Infield soil was switched to Antukar. Due to this, the color of the soilMLBBright colors, almost like the stadium.
セ ン タ ーBack screenIt is installed on top.
- From 2009 to 2018
- From the left end of the front to the center, a large type variable video monitor device (PanasonicMadeAstro Vision, High-definition compatible) is installed, and in addition to the whole 1 screen, it provides the replay scene of the game and various game information in the format of 2 screen division. Normally, the left part of the screen displays various images such as replays and the referee's team, and the right part displays the batting order of both teams (the batting order display was a fixed display at the old civic stadium). Is displayed in green, but this is inherited from the old civic stadium. Also, the overall design is conscious of the scoreboard of the old civic stadium.
- The right end of the scoreboard is a fixed display part that displays the score (up to 10 times), ball counter, ball speed (SPEED), batting average (AVG), number of home runs (HR), and number of hits (RBI). It works.
On the left side of the boardAsahi beerOn the rightHiroshima City Credit UnionThere was an advertisement for (Coca-Cola at the time of opening).At the top of the right end since the openingJALAlthough there was an advertisement of "," it withdrew only this year because the business collapsed in 2010. Next year from 2011Seven-ElevenThere was an advertisement for.Since it is also installed so that it can be seen from the trains running near the stadium, the back of the scoreboard contains the name of the stadium and a welcome message for the visit to Hiroshima, "Welcome to Hiroshima."The advertising space at the bottom of the board is initially openKirin BeerThere was only one company, but later it was occupied by five companies, including Kirin.
In addition, a sub-score board for displaying scores and a band-shaped image device (ribbon vision) are installed on the front of the second floor of the infield.
2010May 5,Ball countWas changed from "SBO" on the ball and strike to "BSO" on the ball and strike. This is based on international convention,Yokohama StadiumThis is the second case in Japan after. It has been used since the 2th on-line battle (against Rakuten battle).2015From now on, the pitcher's pitch number is displayed.
- From 2019 years
From 2016 to 2018, of the 12 stadiums based in NPB, it was only the main stadium that did not have the scoreboard full-screen type (some halves were divided into two).Mitsubishi ElectricMade ofAurora visionUpdated to a full-screen display type (free board) with a height of 1.5 m and a length of 7.04 m, which is about 37.44 times the area of conventional products.Has been in operation since the 2019 Open Battle (details will be described later).
With the renewal, the number of innings will be up to 9 times (after 10 times, both professional and amateur will be redisplayed from 1 time), a new advertising space will be provided at the top of the board, and there will be no place to go due to full display The big clock was relocated.
The media broadcasting booth is located between the 1st floor stand and the 2nd floor stand (the booth behind the back net, which is often shown on TV broadcasts, is for announcements in the hall).XNUMX TV broadcasting booths, XNUMX radio broadcasting booths..If the permanent broadcasting booth is not enough, a temporary booth will be set up at the infield stand to handle it. (Japan Series, etc.)
At the beginning of the design, the broadcasting booth was planned to be installed at the top of the second-floor stand, following the example of another stadium built in recent years. On the other hand, the former public stadium's broadcasting booth was set up at the ground level behind the back net, but in the 2s when the old civic stadium was built, the mainstream of baseball relay was radio broadcasting, This is because it was important that the broadcast booth was easy to watch because it was necessary to convey it in detailed words (Therefore, the radio broadcast booth of a baseball field constructed during the same period was installed behind the backnet. There were many).
After that, in the process of designing the stadium, a local broadcasting station familiar with the actual situation of the old civic stadiumRCC China BroadcastAs a result of the request from the broadcast booth installation location, it finally settled down at the current location.
About facility renovation
Even after the stadium was completed, it is being renovated in the same way as the former citizen's stadium.
Expansion/renovation of special seats (premium seats)
- Since the seating area around the table and the party area are gaining popularity, and further barrier-free activities are being pursued, the main focus was on the renovation of the group seats.
- The top of the left stand was refurbished and a "family terrace" and "party deck" were added. Since this area faces the concourse and there is no step, it is a seat that can be used as a wheelchair.
- At the top of the infield seat on the third base side, there was a "carp sash" that sits on a tatami mat in the form of a digging kotatsu and surrounds the table.
- Wheelchair seats have been expanded from 90 seats to 121 seats. Furthermore, the layout of the seats has been improved so that caregivers can sit next to wheelchair users to watch the game.
- Wheelchair seats have been added to the front sand-covered seats (1 seat), carp performance seats (3 seats), and visitor performance seats (4 seats).
- In the fifth year, the left stand and its surroundings were refurbished with the largest scale ever (construction cost: 5 million yen).
- The second floor of the left stand is a "premium terrace" where the front railing is covered with glass and seats with cushions are prepared.
- The conventional "Family Terrace" behind the "Premium Terrace" has become a "Cozy Terrace" with two-tiered wooden bench seats.
- The "Koi-Kashiki" at the top of the infield seat on the third base side and the "Party deck" at the left stand were well received, so the former changed from the conventional 3 areas to 9 areas, and the latter from 1 area to 2 areas. It was added.
- As the barbecue area used to be popular with the traditional “Ebara Golden Taste Surprise Terrace”, a “party grill” where you can enjoy barbecue has been newly installed next to the back screen (left side).
- Continuing from the previous year, the construction cost was 1 million yen and the second floor stand was repaired.
- Regarding the handrail on the ground surface of the "Coca-Cola Terrace Sheet" located in the front row of the second-floor stand, a net was traditionally laid on a concrete fence, but since 2 the net has been removed and the entire surface is removed. Changed to tempered glass, improving visibility from the 2014nd floor seats.
- As for the "Coca-Cola Terrace Seat" chair, it is a cushioned seat (a Mazda vehicle seat supplier) that does not tire you from watching traditional wooden products for a long time.Delta industryManufactured). Along with that, the seat layout was also revised, and the number of seats increased by 70 from the previous number to 440.
- "Peep tube seat" under the light stand used as a sports bar (party space) was renewed,Giant bat replaced by Giant Spike(Along with that, the bat protruding from the light stand was changed to spikes). The seats were also changed from the plastic ones used at the former Hiroshima Municipal Stadium to sofas, and five multi-monitors for live games were installed on the wall.
- The wooden deck seats that had been set up since the opening in 2009 were abolished, and the space with a part of the left outfield reserved seats was changed to a barbecue area called "a little surprised terrace".
- The outfield sand-covered seats have been upgraded from the conventional plastic seats with fixed seats and backrests to flip-up seats with cushions.
- From 2017 to 2019
- Since the group spectator seats have been well received, further renovations and expansions have been made.
- In 2017, the left stand "Party Veranda" was renewed with the theme of "Food and Danran", and the chairs that were the same as other outfield stands were changed to exclusive ones, as well as a counter where you can eat. Ten multi-monitors for live games were installed on the sofa and on the ceiling.
- In 2018, an "outdoor deck" with sofas and bead cushions was opened at both ends of the stand on the 2nd floor so that spectators could relax while watching the game, and an "object deck" was opened on the 2nd floor of the concourse (expanded in 2012). It is difficult to see the ground from the "object deck", but a TV monitor for watching the game is installed, "12 red animal objects wearing sunglasses", and the dishes are "Dutch pancakes" and "Dutch style" Increased added value by preparing limited menus such as "Frit of seafood".
- In 2019, in addition to the opening of "Bastabilia" where you can watch the game in the newly installed bathtub (cushions are spread instead of hot water) on the concourse of the light stand, "Party deck" (3rd base side infield stand) The ground side was renovated to make it easier to see the game by creating a step and lowering it.
Introduction of solar power generation equipment
In recent years when environmental issues have been highlighted, stadiums with a large site area in Europe and the United StatesSolar powerIs being introduced one after another. American in 2007AT & T ParkInstalled the world's first solar power generation system with an annual power generation capacity of 12 kW as a baseball stadium, but in JapanSaitama Stadium 2002(8,500kW)Kumagaya Sports Culture ParkOnly relatively small-scale solar power generation was carried out at (3 kW).
In 2008, Hiroshima City undertook the "2009 City Hall Low Carbon Project", a solar power generation system with an annual power generation capacity of 10 kW (4,800 games of lighting used in night games) at the new stadium under construction at that time. Decided to introduce. 32 solar panels were installed on the roof of the stand during the off-season of 2009, Similar construction was doneHanshin Koshien StadiumSince the spring of 2010, it has been the first stadium in Japan to generate large-scale solar power. The generated power is used for night game lighting and air conditioning equipment, and it is said that the annual carbon dioxide emissions can be reduced by about 70 tons. A PR monitor is installed at the entrance in front of the stadium, where visitors can check the power generation status.
Installation of carp name player relief
In commemoration of the 2010th anniversary of the Hiroshima baseball team in 60, local mediaChinese newspaperA reader vote was held at the company for successive famous players, and the 17 selected players were named "Carp's Star".ReliefWill be installed on the large slope "Nishikaniya Promenade, Hiroshima City" on the west side of the stadium after May of the same year..
The successive players selected as a result of the voting are as follows. In addition, it is said to be the best star in the history of the Hiroshima teamKoji YamamotoとKinugasa YoshioBoth players were "no-vote winners" due to their achievements. In March 2014Maeda Satoshi, In January 2017Hiroki KurodaHas joined the relief, bringing the total to 19 people.
- 1950-59 years:Katsumi Shiraishi,Ryohei Hasegawa,Hiromu Fujii (Special article published in the morning edition of the Chugoku Shimbun on March 3)
- 1960-69 years:Anachiya Sohachi,Takeshi Furuha,Kazuyoshi Yamamoto
- 1970-79 years:Yuka Enatsu,Tokiba Yoshiro,Toshiyuki Mimura
- 1980-89 years:Yoshihiko Takahashi,Mitsuo Tatsukawa,Tsunemi Tsuda
- 1990-99 years:Yutaka Ono,Kitabeppu studies,Kenjiro Nomura
- 2000-09 years:Takashi Ogata,Shinji Sasaoka,Maeda Satoshi(Installed on March 2014, 3)
- 2010-:Hiroki Kuroda(Announced on March 2017, 3)
Additional installation / repair of toilets
Since 2009, many baseball fans have come to visit the stadium on the day of the game, but there have been a series of complaints that it is inconvenient because there is no toilet outside the stadium. For this reason, we have taken measures such as temporarily opening the restrooms for people involved in the stadium, but during the off-season of 2009, a restroom was constructed on the east side of the front entrance of the stadium.
In the off-season of 2016, seven toilets in the concourse were renovated with an investment of 1 million yen in order to further improve the comfort of the stadium. In addition to increasing the number of Western-style toilets from 8500 to 7, all women's toilets are equipped with warm water washing toilet seats, and for both men and women, the wallpaper, floor, and ceiling have been renewed, and the doors have a wood grain and a washbasin. The mirror fits all over the wall and the lighting isLED typeIt became a bright and open space due to various renovations such as becoming. In addition, at the suggestion of a baseball team staff member who visited a baseball stadium in the United States, a radio match was broadcast so that both men and women could go during the match..
Addition of elevator
In addition to the wheelchair watching space that existed from the beginning of the opening, the number of special seats (premium seats) that can be used by wheelchairs has increased year by year, making it difficult to handle with the number of elevators (5) from the beginning. Therefore, during the 2013 off-season, construction work was underway to add a large elevator that can carry a stretcher that can transport patients in an emergency, and it started operation in May 2014.
This elevator is installed closer to the parking lot for the physically challenged than the conventional elevator position on the infield stand on the 3rd base side.
New stadium cafe
In March 2012, in the space to the right of the front entrance of the stadium, a stadium cafe (3 m in size)2) Was newly established.
Visitors can not only enjoy their meals, but also freely write messages and messages to the players on the colorfully decorated walls in the cafe using the rented chalk. In December 2012, a large LED liquid crystal display (12 meters wide and 6 meters long) was installed on the wall, and images related to Carp are constantly being shown.
A large-scale renovation was carried out in 2014 off, and it was reopened in March 2015 as "C garden" with a small and general store and a cafe, with reference to the European garden house.
Installation of a pergola to enjoy the coolness
In 2010, on the concourse behind the back screen,pergola(Arcade-shaped skeleton) has been newly established, and in addition to being able to enjoy the three-dimensional landscape of gardening, it has become possible to shade the leaves to keep out the sunlight of the day game.
In 2012, a bamboo pergola was newly installed next to the back screen (on the left side) by the Takehara City Bamboo Craft Promotion Association, but since 2013, a "party grill" has been installed at this place. It has now been removed.
Setting up an object attraction
In March 2010, at the rear of the center side wooden deck seat, the same height as the stadium, two rubber fences using the same material and a life-size jumping ballSoichiro AmayaA doll has been installed. Furthermore, in 2011, “The most shocking catch in Japanese baseball history” (USCBSAugust 2010, 8, which became a global topic asYokohama Bay StarsOf warMasato AkamatsuA new doll that reproduces the super play of is added (These objects have finished their functions and have been removed at the end of 2011.).
Also, from the 2011 season on the 2nd floor of the infield stand (first base side), we are targeting children aged 1 to 3Fluffy carp boyA playground equipment called "Karpa-kun" appeared in the multi-purpose space on the 2012st base side (close to the light) of the concourse newly installed in 1, and on the rooftop there is "SlurryA play equipment called "Slider" was installed. With the opening of the "outdoor deck" and "object deck" in 2018, these playground equipment are now moving to the event booth behind the scoreboard.
On November 2012, 11, a carp mural appeared in the Renaissance building near the light stand. Since March 23, the team has been using a part of the Renaissance building as a goods shop, but in order to color the surrounding area, we asked Hideki Kimura, a painter in Sakyo Ward, Kyoto city to create it, 2013 meters in length, On the wall 3 meters across, 4.5 red carps are drawn innocently swimming forward.
In April 2016, a haunted house "Zakuro Onna no Ie" opened on the carp indoor driving range deck near the stadium entrance, and the second act was held from July 4 of the same year..
In May 2018, an event was held to commemorate the 5th anniversary of the opening of the stadium. this isPortugal OfCampo Myall"Paper flower festival" of city,Ageda"Umbrella Festival" in the cityIt was held from May 5th to 25th, when the weather can be expected to be the best weather..
10th anniversary event.Campo MyallI referred to the city's “Paper Flower Festival”.
AgedaEvent of the 10th anniversary of the opening with reference to the city's "umbrella festival"
As mentioned above, from 2009 to 2018, the opening year, a scoreboard that was not a full-screen type was adopted, but in addition to the limitation of visual production, it has deteriorated 10 years after the opening. As it became more prominent and the team and fans asked for the introduction of a full-screen scoreboard, the scoreboard was completely renovated during the off-season of 2018.
The total construction cost is about 3 million. Construction started on November 6700, 2018, completed on February 11, 26..It was unveiled for the first time in the match against Giants (open match) on March 3, the same year.
2013In line with the opening of the Pennant race, the right middle of the 1st floor seat of the light stand ~ the top row near the back screen,EdionA signboard "Edion Zone" with prize money for sponsorship was set up.If a home run hits this sign in the official game of the first professional baseball team, a prize of 1 million yen will be awarded.
Monuments around the stadium
Little carpManhole. It is installed at 262 roads around the stadium.
In front of indoor practice areaHiroshima Carp Birth StoryA bronze statue of the character.
Production during the match
- At the end of the bottom of the 5th inning, a total of about 80 hawkers (salesmen who go back and forth between stands like hawks) in the stadium lead the "CC Dance (Carp Cheer Dance)] Will be shown.
- The original song of "CC Dance" is "Let's win! ~ Let's win! ~』. The choreography isLucky IkedaBy the hands of.
- The choreography of "CC Dance"Yankee StadiumLike "YMCA", the alphabet "CARP" is represented by human characters, and the tune is light and has a good tempo, so many spectators began to participate at the end of the 09 season.
- Continuing from the former Municipal Stadium, at the end of the bottom of the 6th inning, the cheering song of the visitor teamGo to it Carp ~ Young carps ~] Is shed. The visitor team's hero interview will not be shown in the hall. With the relocation of the base to Mazda Stadium, "Sore Go Carp" was changed to the one arranged by Koichiro and sung by "Koi suru All Casters", but the original version of Daijiro Shiomi's singingIssei MinamiThe tempo of the song was faster than that of the singing song, and it was difficult to sing, so the tempo of the song was slowed down after the opening card, April 2009-4, 10, after the three consecutive battles with China and Japan. Along with that, the key is lower than the original song (on the other hand)Jingu Stadium,ZOZO Marine StadiumIn Lucky 7, the original song is played as it is). The singing version of "Koi teru All Caster's" was used until the 2014 open game.
- When Carp wins, "We will win! ~ Let's win! ~" Will be played in full chorus after the match.
- In the 2014 season, a video of a carp fan celebrity and a general carp fan singing the song in a medley format was shown on the VTR when "Sore Go Carp" was aired (the song itself was still arranged by Makoto). ). It also appeared in the production video when there was movement on the carp side such as "home run", "out", "chance".
- Since 2015, the same format as 2014, "Sore Go Carp," has been inherited. The carp fan celebrities who appear on the VTR every year have been partially changed (the performers have changed significantly in the 2016 version), and the content has also been renewed to the image of the catchphrase of the year (Shiomi in the open game). The original version of the song is being played).
- Previously, when the opponent pitcher changed during the attack on Hiroshima,off course"Goodbye"WhenIshikawa Sayuri"Tsugaru Strait winter scenery"Was played alternately, and then" Burning Red Hell Our Carp "was played, but it is not currently being performed, and only BGM is played. However, even now, the original version of "Sore Go Carp" and "Burning Red Hell Our Carp" may be irregularly washed away between innings.
About stadium special rules
One of the features of this stadium is that the front row of the infield stand is dug about 90 cm from the ground level (ground surface). This is a "sand-covered seat" that sells a sense of presence, and is in a low position, following the stadium of Major League Baseball.Doug OutThe cameraman's seat installed next to the dugout is also in a low position, although it was designed to provide a space. The front of the "sand-covered seat" and the dugout is equipped with a 90 cm high fence to prevent players playing on the field from falling under the floor when chasing a foul ball, while the front of the photographer's seat is Instead, a fence with a height of 55 cm was installed so as not to interfere with the photographer's shooting (and a scaffolding was also installed to hold the photographer's shooting posture).
At the actual battle practice held before the opening of the stadium, Hiroshima coach at that timeMarty BrownPointed out that the fence of the photographer's seat was lower than the fence of the "sand-covered seat", but the player could fall when chasing the foul ball.
In order to ensure the safety of the players, as a result of discussions between the Hiroshima baseball team and the referees, when the players are in a position to relax, such as putting their feet on the wall of the photographer's seat or putting their hips or knees on them, they are temporarily caught. Even if the ball is balled, it will be judged as a foul ball (if the ball is caught by just touching the wall, it will be a batter out). In addition, this rule is applied only to the photographer's seat, and for the fence in front of the "sand cover seat" and dugout, batter out will be declared as usual even if you catch the fly with your body on it. ..
About the name of the stadium
Initially, a tentative name such as "Hiroshima City New Baseball Stadium" was used, but2008(Heisei20 years)3 OfHiroshima City CouncilThe Hiroshima City Ordinance on the use of the stadium was enacted by the vote in, and the official name was changed to "New Hiroshima Municipal Stadium". Furthermore, on April 2009, 4, the name was taken over from the former Municipal Stadium.Hiroshima City StadiumHas been changed to. However, the use of this official name is minimized because the names in the mass media, road signs, pedestrian guides, tourist maps, printed materials, etc. are nicknamed by the naming rights (naming rights) described later.
Introduction of naming rights
As a nickname apart from the official name, Hiroshima City aimed to allocate it to future stadium repair costs.Naming rightsDecided to introduce (naming rights).. After being selected by the selection committee held on November 2008, 11, Hiroshima City will be on November 4th.マ ツ ダDecided to be the person who will acquire the naming rights.
The content proposed by Mazda in October is called "MAZDA Zoom-Zoom Stadium Hiroshima(Mazda Zoom-Zoom Stadium Hiroshima) ”, the contract period is2009(21)May 4から2014May 3Up to 5 years, the annual amount is 3 million yen (excluding consumption tax). "Zoom-Zoom" is from Mazdacatch copyQuoted from "ZOOM -ZOOM -I want to ride more.-"In wordsEnglish-speaking countriesInBaby talkIt means "car (boo-boo in Japanese)". It is unusual for a naming right to use a catch phrase of a business organization instead of a company name or product name. As part of its social contribution, Mazda will donate Mazda's welfare vehicles to social welfare organizations for every 100 million spectators, and will open a corner to display the history of the Carp team.Wind-power generationPurchase electricity and use it at the stadium[Note 17]It is said. In addition to these proposals, Mazda was also able to propose new names at its own expense.
On December 2008, 12, Mazda and Hiroshima City signed a formal contract on naming rights. Mazda proposed an abbreviation to Hiroshima City to avoid confusion, based on the fact that multiple names such as "Zumsta" and "Mazda" had spread among citizens and fans by the time the contract was signed.Mazda StadiumIt was agreed that. Mazda and Hiroshima City are urging the mass media to use the abbreviation "Mazda Stadium" when broadcasting games.
Background from the introduction of naming rights to the decision of the name
Naming rightsRegarding (naming rights), we have been considering it as a means to secure construction and operation costs since the time when there was a debate over "whether the current citizen's stadium is rebuilt or a new stadium" triggered by the 2004 reorganization of the stadium. It was done. The introduction of naming rights to the former Municipal Stadium was also considered,Tsuneishi Shipbuilding,IzumiShowed the policy of acquisition, but it was postponed because of the short period of use and attachment to the name of the civic stadium.
In July 2008, Hiroshima City announced a policy of amending the regulations and introducing naming rights to the new citizen stadium. In response to the recruitment, the target company was to be a company (a corporation) that has a head office in Hiroshima prefecture for more than one year so that it can easily penetrate Hiroshima residents, and it was requested that the following conditions be met.
- It should be a name that has the appropriateness as a professional baseball-based global field in Hiroshima.
- The contract period is 2009 years or more from April 4, 1, and the annual contract amount is 5 million yen or more.
- Suggestion of regional contribution measures in cooperation with the Hiroshima team and stadium.
- CorporateLegal compliance(compliance) Posture.
- Money lending business-Customs businessThat does not haveNomination stopThose that have not received any measures.
It was reported that several companies such as Mazda and Izumi are considering purchasing this naming right.
The first selection committee meeting was held on October 2008, 10, and the application guidelines and selection method were decided. Recruitment started on October 8. By the deadline of October 1, two companies, Mazda and Izumi, which had been reported until then, applied (Izumi's application is not announced by the city) [Note 18]At the second selection committee meeting held on the 4th of each month, companies that purchased naming rights were selected. By the time of the Mayor's report on the 2th, in order to ensure the fairness of selection, the applicant companies, purchasing companies, and stadium names were withheld, and the companies that announced their application by the time the bid was awarded were disqualified. ..
The criteria for selection are the following three items, and on November 3, the selection committee reported the election of Mazda to the mayor, and on the next day on June 11, Hiroshima City officially decided the person who will acquire the naming right.
- Naming right amount: 50 points
- Company eligibility: 30 points
- Suitability of name: 20 points
- 100 points in total.
On July 2013, 7, Hiroshima City solicited naming rights from FY26 onward for over 2014 million yen per year for 2 years. In addition, the application target that was "only for the corporation" at the time of the previous recruitment,Public interest corporation-Specified nonprofit corporationExpanded to various corporations and individuals including.
On August 8, the same year, Hiroshima City announced the results of the public offering. A single Mazda company signed a new contract of 30 million yen for 1 years, and the name was changed to "MAZDA Zoom-Zoom Stadium Hiroshima" (abbreviated as "Mazda Stadium")..
In addition, in the contract of 2013, the priority negotiation right matter at the time of the next contract renewal was added to Mazda, and as a result, it was announced that Mazda renewed the contract until March 2019, 3, March 1, 2024 Was done. The naming fee is 3 million yen per year.
Introduction of designated manager system
Until then, in the former citizen's stadium, the city of Hiroshima, which was owned by the city, directly operated the facility, and at the time of the match, the Hiroshima team (Hiroshima Toyo Carp Co., Ltd.) was allowed business rights such as shops in the stadium At the main stadium in 2003Local government lawOperation started due to revisionDesignated manager systemWill be introduced at the Hiroshima City Council on June 2008, 6Designated administratorIt was voted to. Home of Japan Professional BaseballPrivate stadium) Is an example in which the team is directly involved in the management and operation ofHot Motto Field Kobe(Owned by Kobe City, since 2002Orix BuffaloesOperated by "Orix Baseball Club"),Kleenex Stadium Miyagi(MiyagiOwned by, since 2004Tohoku Rakuten Golden EaglesThe third example, which is run by the operating company "Rakuten Baseball Co., Ltd."ZOZO Marine Stadium(Chiba-ChibaOwned by, since 2006Chiba Lotte MarinesWill be the second case after the contract). [Note 19]At these stadiums, the teams are allowed to operate stores and signboard advertisements on their own, and [Note 20]It is expected that the stadium equipment (audience seats, amusement facilities, etc.) will be able to be changed to some extent, which will greatly contribute to the improvement of the income and expenditure of the baseball team.
Alliance between Hiroshima team and Mitsui & Co.
August 2008, 10,General trading company OfMitsuiAnnounced that it will jointly operate a stadium with the Hiroshima baseball team, including sponsor development. This is a TV broadcast that has traditionally been weighted as a revenue source for professional baseball teams.Broadcast rightIn the situation where income has decreased and instead the income from stadium admission fees, billboard advertisements, food and drink sales, etc. has started to be emphasized, this stadium has a full range of facilities, including a store area that is five times as large as the old civic stadium However, the aim is to increase profits by borrowing the know-how of Mitsui Co., Ltd., which has abundant experience, in order to perform operations that match this. Mitsui & Co. is a general trading company that utilizes its customer network to plan sponsor games andTrademarkThe policy is to handle the sale of the name of the seat and the naming right of the spectators, and the success fee will be received according to the sponsor's income.
Also, in the stadiumCateringAbout the food service including HiroshimaHiroshima Asian Games OfPlayer villageOperating the cafeteria,Hanshin Koshien StadiumOf Mitsui & Co., Ltd. with a track record of consulting business (2007-2008) centering on food service ofAme serviceSigned a comprehensive outsourcing agreement with. It is the first attempt in Japan to introduce a food service such as a sports bar, party room, suite, etc. in addition to restaurants in the stadium, but this is the first attempt in Japan. Then "Hiroshima style okonomiyaki"Or"Hiroshima-style tsukemen""Kakimeshi""Onomichi RamenIn addition to the specialties unique to Hiroshima, we offer about 100 types of menus, including menus produced by athletes.
In addition to the new menu, the popular product "Carp Udon", which sold about 10 meals a year at the former Municipal Stadium, is also on sale. Koijo Foods, which had opened 6000 stores at the former Municipal Stadium, will be withdrawn, but Marubayashi, who also sold carp udon at 5 stores behind the back net, will continue to be the concourse of the new Municipal Stadium (infield on the first base side). A new store "Carp Udon SINCE 2" has been opened (behind the seats). [Note 21], 2009 annual sales reached 207,566 meals.
In addition to this, "Musubi Musashi", "Hanaoka", and moreHiroshima Station Bento Co., Ltd.There are many local companies such as "ekibenya" and "bonrupa" operated by. As a result of such diverse menu development, food and beverage sales of the Hiroshima baseball team in 2009 (the first year of opening) reached 13 billion yen, an increase of 20 billion yen from the previous year.
Opening a permanent goods shop
Inside the main stadium building, there is a goods shop that opens regardless of whether or not there is a match. At the old citizen's stadium, goods are sold outside the stadium and near the front entrance on the day of the match.Wagon saleHowever, it was difficult to say that the customers could not move because the area was crowded and they could carefully pick up the products. Also, on days other than the match day, it was possible to purchase at the product sales department installed behind the infield stand on the first base side, but due to space constraints, the entrance was difficult to understand and the sales floor area was not sufficient. .. As a permanent facility for selling goods and tickets and displaying historical materials of the team, "Carpio" is a facility owned by the team in Hiroshima City.[Note 22]However, the location is far from the stadium, and the store was closed on Sundays and holidays except on match days.
Based on these points of reflection, the goods shop set up near the front lobby of the main stadium is a two-story building with a total sales floor area of 2 m.2(1st floor: 276 m2, 2nd floor: 148 m2）、内装はレンガ造りで、壁には巨大なグローブやボールが飾られるなど遊び心あふれる造りになっており、広島球団が取り扱うグッズは全種類が用意されている。 グッズショップは球場のこけら落としなる2009年地元開幕の対中日戦（4月10日）よりも1週間早い4月3日にオープンしたが、試合開催日以外にも多くのファンが訪れるようになり、2009年（開場初年度）の広島球団のグッズ販売高は、広島市民球場（初代）ファイナルイヤーで盛り上がった2008年（9億8700万円）を10億円余り上回る20億円に達した。
The goods shop was set up in front of the stadium in this way, but there was a problem that it was difficult for them to visit because it was a little far from the light stand where many carp fans gathered on the day of the game. Therefore, in March 2013, using the Renaissance Building that opened near the light stand, a new goods shop has been added, which will open only on the day of the match. In the off-season 3, floor expansion work was carried out on the second floor of the stadium front goods shop where uniforms are lined up to alleviate congestion.
Various seat settings
On February 2009, 2, the Hiroshima baseball team announced seat prices for official games (see seating arrangements and price details.Ticket information for Hiroshima Toyo Carp official websiteSee). The outfield stand, which was popular because it was easy to support at the old citizen's stadium, and as a result, the outfield stand, which had a lot of seating space, had all seats reserved at the main stadium, but sales were not so strong and the occupancy rate was about 25%. Most of the upstairs seats, which had been depressed, are now unreserved seats, and the price has been significantly reduced. In addition to the review of the sales situation so far, it is considered that the seats themselves will be much more comfortable at the main stadium than the old citizens' stadium, and the price of the stadium as a whole will increase by about 2 to 1 yen per seat. It became.
At the main stadium, cheering activities with flags and noises are "Performance sheetIt is limited to the outfield second floor seats named. The "Carp Performance Seat", which is the support seat on the home side, is located at the outfield right stand, and the "Visitor Performance Seat", which is the support seat on the visitor side, is located behind the infield stand on the third base side near the left stand. In the past, professional baseball cheering activities were carried out at the infield stand, but nowadays, although it is limited to the visitor side, the main stadium is the only place where the cheering activity area is set at the infield stand. ..
Due to the geographical location along the JR line, the left side outfield seats have been sharpened to a stand shape, so an activity area was set up on the stand next to the foul ground, which is rare in Japanese stadiums. Basically, the cheering party will carry out cheering activities in this area after obtaining permission for the activity. In other areas, acts that are permitted only to the cheering party are prohibited (not all acts related to cheering are prohibited). .
In addition to general seats, the following special seats (premium seats) are available.
- Sand-covered seat: 2 places behind the back net (40 seats each), infield XNUMXst and XNUMXrd base sideカ メ ラ マ ンLocated next to the seats (150 seats each) and on the first floor of the three-story left stand (3 seats). Of other stadiumsField sheetIs equivalent toGrand Sumo"Sand cover" inRingThe seats are set lower than the ground level in consideration of the lower pier seats), and because the chest of the spectators in the front row is almost on the ground surface, a fence is attached to prevent the athletes from falling (Rakuten Kobo Stadium). The same applies to Miyagi). In 2010, a total of 80 sheets on the back of the back netBic camera, Infield 300st and XNUMXrd base side total XNUMX seats continued from the previous yearKirin BeerAcquired naming rights, "BicCamera seat front sand cover seat""KIRIN seat Uchino sand cover seatIt became. When Carp wins the "KIRIN seat infield sand cover seat",Hero interviewWith the player who receivedHigh touchThere are benefits that can be done.
- Peep tube seat: Left stand Audience seats installed under the right stand, similar to the sand-covered seats. The floor is 85 cm lower than the ground surface, and you can watch the game from the 0.6 m long and 15 m wide "peep window" at the bottom of the light fence. The space where the peep tube seats are installed is a sports bar with drinks and light meals, and a huge bat that penetrates the ceiling stands upright in the room, and a huge ball that is embedded in the wall is designed. Admission is possible by paying an additional fee of 500 yen for regular tickets (30-minute rotation replacement system). Since 2010, it has become possible for groups to use it as a party space. A major renewal was carried out in 2015, the huge bat was replaced with a huge spike (the bat protruding from the light stand was also changed to a spike), and the seat was made of plastic that was once specified at the former Hiroshima Municipal Stadium. Was changed to a sofa, and five multi-monitors for live games were installed on the wall.
- Sleeping Sovereign: Audience seats installed on the light side next to the scoreboard. Artificial turf is spread on the ground, and ticket purchasers will be provided with a red cushion sofa for two, which is conscious of the team color. The sofa is waterproof and thick enough to prevent you from getting tired even for a long time, so you can lie down slowly and watch the game with the backrest down. From 2Seven-ElevenAcquired the naming rights, so "Seven-Eleven Seat Sleeping SovereignIt has become.
- Gate bridge: Audience seats installed on a bridge with a height of 8m that connects the infield stand on the third base side and the visitor performance seats, and 6 sets of tables and benches for 10 people will be installed. From here, you can see the inside and outside of the stadium, so the JR Sanyo Shinkansen and Sanyo Main Line, which pass by the stadium, jump into your field of view.
- Coca-Cola Terrace Sheet: A box-shaped booth located in the front row on the 2nd floor of the Uchino stand.Coca-Cola Japan Co., Ltd.And Hiroshima prefecture franchisee (bottler)Coca-Cola WestAcquired the naming rights. Until 2013, it was equipped with wooden chairs, but since 2014, it has been selling automobile seats for Mazda.Delta industryA cushioned seat for production is prepared.
- Surprised terrace: While watching the game in the spectator seats installed on the stand near the light polebarbecueEtc. can be enjoyed. Equipped with chairs and picnic table, ingredients are sold as a set with tickets. The name comes from the fact that the foul ball is in an area where it is easy to dive suddenly.Ebara Food IndustryAcquired naming rights, "Ebara Golden Taste Surprised TerraceIs.
- Party grill: A new area next to the back screen as a barbecue area in 2013. Since the conventional "surprise terrace" was popular, it was installed in response to that request.
- Party floor / party veranda: Area for group guests. The party floor is on the mezzanine floor of the infield stand, measuring 2m wide and 50m deep. Normally it is divided into 6 rooms, but it can also be used for large-scale events by removing the partition. On the third base side, there is a luxury floor with a large space. The party veranda is located on the second floor of the three-story left stand, but it was renovated during the off-season 7 and renewed into a space with the theme of "food and group".
- Premium terrace / cozy terrace: This is a new area created as a result of the renovation of the top of the left stand in 2013. The front of the premium terrace is covered with glass for a good view, and cushioned seats are also available for comfortable watching. The COZY terrace, located behind the premium terrace, is equipped with wood-like tables and chairs, and since there is no step with the concourse, it can be used in wheelchairs.
- Koi pier:2010年より、3塁側内野スタンドに3エリア（1エリア：8人まで）設けられており、畳敷に座椅子、座布団、木製テーブルが用意された和風座席となっている。好評を博したため、2013年からは9エリアに増やされ、2019年からは更に1エリア増えて10エリアとなった。
- Just looking area: Left stand Installed behind the sand-covered seat. Part of the wall has been removed, so you can watch the game for free from outside the stadium.
With these new types of seats available, the spectator seat tickets, which were 11 divisions at the former Municipal Stadium, have been further subdivided into 27 divisions at the main stadium. Since 2010, some of the above seats have been refurbished to create a new division.
Development of facilities attached to the stadium
The main stadium was builtFormer cargo yardIs a vast land of 11.6ha in total, of which about 5ha in the central part is used as a stadium site. East and west sides of the remaining stadiumUnused landIn, a "customer attraction facility" will be constructed so that it can create a lively atmosphere even on days when professional baseball is not held.
At the stadium design competition held in September 2006, designers were allowed to submit a stadium design proposal and an image of future development of this unused land (Hiroshima City heard as a reference opinion). In the Environment Design Institute's proposal, which was selected as an excellent proposal, "a dynamic roof with the image of a carp," "sports museum," and "peace open space (event stage)" were proposed.
In November 2007, Hiroshima City officially recruited prospective private business owners to build and operate customer attraction facilities on this unused land. The application guidelines stipulated that "the scenery should be well-balanced with the stadium" and "consider the scenery from the JR train". Guidance on concepts and designs for prospective private business owners to ensure smooth planningMaster ArchitectWas appointed by the Environment Design Institute, a new stadium designer.
After that, by mid-December 2007, from five private businesses, amusement facilities, fitness clubs, sports clubs, hot bath facilities, ferris wheel and other facilities for attracting customers, as well as commercial facilities for eating and drinking and selling goods, as well as condominiums and hospitals. There were applications for outline plans to build such as, and by the end of March 12, three of the five companies that applied for these outline plans submitted detailed business plan proposals (the remaining two companies were disqualified. Or decline).
As a result of examination by the selection committeeMitsui Fudosan,Konami Sports & Life,Round onePlan of a private business entity consisting ofHiroshima Ball Park TownWas selected as the best plan from the viewpoints of "the financial plan and the company that opened the store are concrete and highly feasible" and "the business content does not compete with neighboring commercial facilities and it is expected to attract a wide range of customers". On April 4, the same year, it was officially decided to be a business planner around the new stadium.
The best plan is to use the stadium west side area (A area 1.8ha)A lifestyle center that welcomes spectators and fosters interactionIn addition to large sports stores, community hotels, and condominiums, service stores such as food and beverage stores will be established as commercial facilities that contribute to the convenience of the stadium. On the other hand, the east side of the stadium (B area 2.6ha)Sports and entertainment where you can enjoy various sports and leisureA large sports club and a complex entertainment facility will be lined up. The west side area will be connected to a large slope that serves as the entrance to the stadium, and the east side area will be connected to a large concourse on the stadium, which will create a migratory property in the cityscape that combines the stadium and each facility. The total project cost including land purchase cost is 160 billion yen for A and B areas, and it is expected to attract 680 million people annually including the new stadium.
Initially, the formulation of the basic plan for each facility, which was presented in the best plan, was completed in February 2009, and after the implementation design, the stadium east side area (B area) in September 2 and the stadium west side in December 2009. The construction was scheduled to start in the district (A district). However, Mitsui Fudosan, the representative of the business, announced on February 9, 2009 that the negotiations for participating in the business of tenants who were expected to open stores other than major companies are difficult due to the sudden deterioration of the domestic economic situation. Since Hiroshima requested the extension of the deadline for submission of the plan, the construction start was postponed.
October 2010, 10, Mitsui Fudosan as "with the prospect to the difficulties to not attract tenants was", it was submitted the basic plan of development was delayed in Hiroshima City. In this plan, the east side of the stadium (B area) will be maintained in advance,Round oneWarehouse club (membership warehouse type instead ofWholesaleRetail) chainCostco wholesaleAnd furtherKonami Sports & Lifeon behalfRenaissanceIt has become an attraction. Furthermore, these facilities for attracting customers are connected to the stadium, and when professional baseball is held, there will be a parking lot for attracting 200 stadiums in the facilities for attracting stadiums and commercial buildings. The total project cost in Area B is about 100 billion yen.
これを受けて、広島市は基本計画と最優秀案「Hiroshima Ball Park Town」との整合性を精査、さらに球場西側地区（A地区）の整備を確約するよう三井不動産と協議を行った結果、2016年2月までに三井不動産がA地区の用地を購入することになった。こうして2011年1月14日に計画は承認され、2011年12月から球場東側地区（B地区）の工事が開始、2012年9月に「ルネサンス 広島ボールパーク店」、2013年3月に「コストコ広島倉庫店」がオープンし、さらに2014年8月にマンション（ボールパークレジデンス）が竣工する一方で、球場西側地区（A地区）は、球場東側地区に当初予定されていたアミューズメント施設の誘致を目指すとされ、引き続き計画の調整が行われた.
2014年1月8日、広島市は三井不動産が示した球場西側地区（A地区）の開発計画を承認したことを発表した。大型スポーツショップ出店が計画されていたプロムナードの北・球場寄りのエリアは広島球団が三井不動産から土地を買い取り、総工費16億円をかけて広島球団史上初となる球場と隣接した屋内練習場が建設されることになった。この練習場は45m四方のグラウンドと4つのブルペン、4台のピッチングマシン、さらに2階、3階には多目的室を備えており（3階多目的室は炊事・調理が可能）、従来の大野練習場より大きな3,206m2The space is secured. In addition, a 15-story condominium (Ball Park Residence II (tentative name)) was constructed in the area where the hotel and rental apartments were planned to be built in the north of the promenade and at the entrance. The promenade south area wasI CayA guesthouse-style wedding hall was decided to be invited by (the bicycle parking lot was moved under the promenade accordingly). The total project cost in Area A is about 66 billion yen.
Although the amusement facility that abandoned the plan on the east side did not realize even on the west side, the indoor practice field of the Hiroshima baseball team, which is a facility for 1st army player, has a walking deck connected to the promenade on the 3rd floor, so fans can feel free Now you can see the practice scene. It is also used for events such as youth baseball classes. In addition, the guesthouse-style wedding hall has a cafe and restaurant that are open to the public.
The indoor practice field and wedding hall were completed in March 2015, and the condominium was completed at the end of October 3, which completed the development of ancillary facilities in the west side area (A area) and the east side area (B area) of the stadium..
Current issues and countermeasures
This stadium is modeled after the MLB stadium and has features not found in conventional Japanese stadiums, but as a result, various operational issues were initially encountered, and various measures are being taken.
With the intention of the Hiroshima baseball team, natural grass is planted in the infield in addition to the conventional outfield at the new citizen's stadium. Therefore, it was held at the first Hiroshima Municipal StadiumYouth baseball-soft ballIt is,Professional baseball-high school baseballCompared to, the distance between bases is about 4-10 meters shorter, and as it is, there is no choice but to install a second base on the part of the natural turf, and the base run of the natural turf will cause the grass to be damaged. At first, he recognized that it was difficult to accept these matches. However, after receiving a petition from a youth baseball-related organization that used the old citizens' stadium and saying, "Don't take children's dreams," they reconsidered the results, leaving an interval between games and protecting the infield natural grass. It is supported by laying a sheet.
Also, because of the emphasis on the realism of watching games, it is natural at MLB stadiums, but as a Japanese stadium, there are no infield fences that hinder watching other than at the upper part of the dugout. This is very convenient for the spectators, but in the support of high school baseballbrass bandWas banned in 2009, saying, "I can't secure the safety of hitting a ball because I play with my back to the ground." From 2010 onwards, the brass band was lifted on condition that the baseball staff at each participating school had to grab the ball beside the performance and deal with hitting.
On the other hand, the parking lot adjacent to the stadium is pre-reserved in consideration of the surrounding road conditions, about 500 cars including general vehicles and large buses are prepared, but spectators who can not park in the stadium are It is necessary to use parking lots in various places in Hiroshima city. Therefore, JR is the best way to get to the stadium.Hiroshima StationMainly walk from. As a countermeasure (detailsLater), in addition to a large slope "West Kaniya Promenade" on the west side of the stadium that welcomes walking spectators, maintenance is centered on the road (distance about 600 m) from the south exit of JR Hiroshima Station to the slope entrance until the stadium is completed ( Separation of roads and sidewalks). In addition, this road will be a pedestrian-only road with no vehicles entering for 1 hour before and after the game, where traffic is expected to concentrate.
On the other hand, in JR West Japan, the Hiroshima Station South Exit ticket gate was expanded (closed on May 2017, 5 due to the change to a bridge. The ticket gates will be consolidated to become the central exit.) and the Hiroshima Station South Exit underground ticket gate will be extended , Next to the eastTenjingawa StationAssuming the use from the Tenjingawa station, we installed a ticket gate for the downhill platform of the Tenjingawa station and installed a new payment machine (extending the platform to accommodate changes in train stop positions).. Furthermore, on the day of the night game, a temporary train from Hiroshima Station "Red HellnighterStarted operation.. From 2016, it will also operate on the day game day, so the name of the temporary train is ``Red HellWas changed to. For more information,Hiroshima City NetworkSee.
In addition to the parking lot, about 2000 bicycle parking lots were prepared in the vicinity of the stadium, apart from the parking lot, for the convenience of bicycle and motorcycle users, by using the unused lands on the south and north sides of the stadium and on the west side. ButAs a result of the redevelopment of the unused land on the west side, in May 2015, the bicycle parking lot for this part was relocated under the promenade (for 5 vehicles). Along with the reduction of the west bicycle parking lot, a new bicycle parking lot is prepared next to Costco on the east side of the stadium.
Open to the public
The stadium has been open to the public since November 2009. In order to grow and protect natural grass in the infield and outfield, the following conditions of use are set.
- Lending to only one group per day
- Use up to 1 hours a day
- Up to 2 games
- The spikes used are not made of metal on the back.
After 2010, open to the public from the season until mid-February, but not rented in April/September/October. In December/January/February, the competition rate may be less than 2 times on some days, but due to the high interest in the stadium and the restrictions on use, the use lottery rate of the old civic stadium during the same period Higher than.
Dashu Rainwater Reservoir
In case of heavy rain,Hiroshima StationPrevents inundation damage by collecting rainwater around the stadium includingDashu Rainwater ReservoirIs provided, and there is a related building behind the scoreboard.
In order to cope with localized heavy rain, various rainwater countermeasures such as the construction of rainwater storage pipes are currently underway in each city, but the construction of a huge shield tunnel in the basement of the city is very expensive and takes a long time. Therefore, securing financial resources and shortening the construction period are major issues. Under such circumstances, Hiroshima City has a plan to construct a large-capacity storage pond under the new stadium to control and reuse rainwater in the surrounding area. Construction of the reservoir began in November 2006 and was completed in November 11, just before the start of the stadium. The total construction cost is 2007 billion yen.
The water storage is 1m3. It has a cylindrical shape with a diameter of 100 m and a height of 3.5 m, and the accumulated rainwater is treated at the Ozu Sewage Treatment Plant. In order to allow rainwater to flow into this reservoir, rainwater inflow interceptor pipes with a diameter of 0.9m to 2.2m were installed around the stadium for a total length of about 900m. As a result, the Oshu drainage area (533 ha) including the urban area around JR Hiroshima station was able to cope with precipitation of up to 1 mm per hour, but now it can cope with 20 mm, which is 2.6 times as much. ..
In addition, 1000m of rainwater stored in the reservoir3The water is used for watering the natural grass at the baseball stadium and as water for toilets by passing it through the facility's filtration device, which greatly contributes to reducing water charges.
- JR West Japan
- Hiroshima Electric Railway
- Return home after the matchFirst trainSince it is expected that many trains will be boarded from the Hiroshima station depot, which is the station, boarding from this station may be difficult.
- Transit Bus
- Hiroden Bus-Hiroshima bus-Geiyo Bus
- 3 minutes walk from "Mazda Stadium Mae" bus stop
- On March 2009, 3, the "Daishu 28-chome" bus stop of Hiroshima Electric Railway and Geiyo Bus and the "Minami Kaniya" bus stop of Hiroshima Bus were relocated and integrated in front of the stadium, and their names were changed.
- Only Hiroshima Bus stops at Hiroshima Station and Hatchobori, and all Hiroden and Geiyo buses pass through.
- 8 minutes walk from "Hiroshima Bus Ozu Garage Mae" bus stop
- This is the nearest bus stop when using the Hiroden or Geiyo buses bound for Kaita or Koyo. (Hiroshima Bus also stops)
- Shuttle bus (currently closed)
- At the beginning, there was concern about access to the new stadium, so the city of Hiroshima consulted with various places, and after 2009, after the match ended.Hiroshima Electric RailwayOperated a shuttle bus from "Mazda Stadium Mae" bus stop to Hatchobori/Kamiyacho every 5 minutes for 30 minutes (However, if the match time exceeds 3 hours and 45 minutes, the match starts 3 hours and 45 minutes later. Starts from).
- Not related to baseball in the field of the stadium until October 2015Entertainment-EventsWas not done.
- However, on June 2009, 6Mazda Axela(2nd generation) Press/New car presentation for stakeholders was held at the concourse(Reference video: New Mazda Axela presentation in Mazda Zoom-Zoom Stadium)In addition, Mazda vehicle exhibitions and test rides (test rides outside the stadium) and soccer classes are held every Sunday from the end of August to the beginning of September, sponsored by Toyukai (automobile parts manufacturer's association with Mazda). Events such asCome and see and rideIs being held in and around the concourse of the stadium (since 2009. It was scheduled to be held on August 2014st in 8, but it occurred on the same day 31th)Hiroshima city landslide disasterThe event was canceled in consideration of the damage of the).
- XNUM X Year X NUM X Month X NUM X DayTamio OkudaHeld the first concert of the same stadium, "Alone Travel Special @ Mazda Stadium". By the way, Okuda(First generation) Hiroshima City StadiumBut on October 2004, 10, the first concert of the stadium "Solo Travel Special @ Hiroshima City Stadium"It is carried out.
- 2013/2014 seasonClimax seriesIn response to the advance of Hiroshima toPublic viewingWas carried out.
- 2013 seasonFirst of all, the first stage on October 10th and 12thHanshinBattle (Hanshin Koshien Stadium) And the final stage on October 10-18.巨人Battle (Tokyo Dome). Free numbered tickets were held at Mazda Stadium and local media stations from October 10, but the number of tickets reached the scheduled number and ended immediately. Normally, the reserved seats in the infield were released, and the shops in the concourse opened as usual. The pattern of the game will be shown on Astrovision, and the batting order and score will be displayed as usual. Although cheering with sounds etc. was banned, the jet balloons flushed "Go It Carp" before the carp attacked 9 times (usually the back of 7 times) like Koshien. In addition, CC dance is also performed 7 times before inning. Organized by Chugoku Shimbun and Match Broadcasting Bureau (First stage on the 6thHiroshima TV13thHiroshima Home TV. If it was held on the 14th, China Broadcasting was supposed to be in charge. Final stage all games Hiroshima TV).
- 2014 seasonAlso held on October 10th and 11th at the first stage Hanshin Battle (Hanshin Koshien Stadium). The system was similar to that of the previous year, but this time without distributing numbered tickets in advance, opening the reserved seats (12 seats) on the first floor infield (1 seats) on a first-come, first-served basis and restricting entry when the seats are filled I switched to the system.
- For many years, including before relocation, when the visitor team has wonHero interviewI couldn't hear from the speakers in the stadium, but the interview was played in the stadium only in the 2012 season. However, after 2013, the interview stopped flowing again. Instead, only the images are played on the monitors installed in various places in the stadium. Nothing is displayed in Astrovision.
- Hiroshima Toyo Carp, which is based in Hiroshima, finally won the league title in 1991Japan seriesDid not make a foray into the world, but in 2016 it won the League for the first time in 25 years, and2016 CS-FINALWith the breakthrough, he won the right to participate in the Japan series, and the Japan series was held at the stadium for the first time since it opened in 2009.
- From opening to 2016, the C-League championship manager and the CS-dominant team manager have never raised their bodies., Held at the baseball stadium (Round 6)2016 Japan SeriesConqueredHokkaido Nippon-Ham FightersDirector (at that time)Hideki KuriyamaBecame the first torso coach at the stadium.
- 2017May 6, Hiroshima Toyo Carp vsHanshin TigersIn the 10th round, No. 1 behindHirosuke TanakaIt was a rare event that the ball hit by him entered directly into the bent part where the rubber of the outfield fence was broken. As a result of the referee's replay verification, Tanaka was judged to be a double run and play was restarted..
- ^ These inspections of the Hiroshima team are not limited to baseball fields,The United KingdomBoasts the largest number of visitors in JapanAsahiyama ZooExtended to.
- ^ I was asked about the necessity and burden of a new stadiumMatsudaThe team owner remarked as follows: "The new stadium has the greatest potential for realization than the construction site. It is necessary to have a solid concept and make the stadium proud of Hiroshima. There is also an idea to increase the utilization rate. There are issues with the method and the amount of money, but I am thinking about the burden.”.
- ^ The found contaminated soil is being removed in parallel with the construction of the new stadium.
- ^ Recently builtMatsuyama Bocchan StadiumThe construction cost is estimated to be 118 billion yen. On the other hand, as an example of the stadium body being built with a budget close to 90 billion yen,Sun Marine Stadium Miyazaki(Construction cost: 89 million yen).
- ^ BritishConstruction consultantIsArup,Matsuda Hirata Design, NGO architecture,Taisei constructionA project team consisting of multiple companies centered on. The Arup sports facility division is also called "Arup Sport", but "Arup Sport" in this document does not refer to this division.
- ^ A work that imagines a "lantern" by covering the outside of the building with an ETFE film and lighting the light from the inside (similar to the Allianz Arena). It emits light such as red during carp games and white during amateur games. The structure of the stadium isRFK StadiumTake the exampleRangers Ballpark in ArlingtonAs a reference, we incorporated a complex facility such as a rental office in the stadium. By anticipating the profit of this complex facility, it is possible to recover the construction cost, which greatly exceeds the budget.
- ^ After the competition was over, the city of Hiroshima complained about the best proposal, saying that there were few audience seats to support the visitor team. At the same time, Hiroshima City is asking the carp players for their opinions on the usability of the stadium.
- ^ The ground usage fee of 3 million yen (8000% to 100% of the admission fee income for the excess number of people will be added if the number of paid visitors in the official game exceeds 2 million) The total amount including advertising bills and store installation fees will be 4 million yen.
- ^ Goyo Construction and Masuoka Gumi originated in Kure City, Hiroshima Prefecture. In addition, Masuoka Gumi is also involved in the construction of the first citizen's stadium, and Kouji Gumi has its headquarters in Hiroshima.
- ^ The planned price of 5,571,428,571 yen against the bidding amount of 5,571,000,000 yen (excluding consumption tax equivalent).
- ^ The stadium, which faces east-northeast on the line from home base to second base via the pitcher's board, is AT & T Park.Yankee StadiumAlthough there are many cases in major leagues, the number was small in Japan before. After March 2009, when the Hiroshima baseball team practiced at the stadium and practiced defensively assuming a day game, especially the outfielder who defended the left wing faced the afternoon sun. It has been found that a flying ball can easily lose sight of the sun. Therefore, outfielders are required to devise more deeply, such as taking a deep defensive position so as not to deflect the ball back. Even in major leagues, outfielders often wear sunglasses to defend their day games.
- ^ According to the official baseball rules 1, "the distance from the home plate to the backstop (net) and the distance from the base line to the fence stand on the foul ground must be 04ft (60m) or more."
- ^ An episode that was introduced on NHK General "How are you Japan Islands" (broadcast on April 2009, 4). When designing, Hiroshima City staff and other construction personnel came to the United States and inspected a number of major league stadiums.
- ^ Former owner Matsuda commented, "The new stadium will be built at the expense of everyone, of course, the burden is natural".
- ^ Baseball museum, coach room, etc.FloorThe total floor area of Matsuyama Bocchan Stadium, which was listed above as a comparison with the new stadium, is 33,400m.2, Sun Marine Stadium Miyazaki is 30,973m2, In the neighborhoodMuscat StadiumIs 24,727 m2Is. The new stadium is one size larger than these (the same: 39,524m2).
- ^ A freight-only station on the east side of Hiroshima Station, on a triangular site just south of the Sanyo Main Line down line. JR Sanyo Shinkansen in HigashihiroshimaHigashihiroshima StationUnrelated to
- ^ Mazda's purchase of renewable energy power equivalent to power used in the stadium has been a sponsor since 2008.All star gamesBut it is introduced.
- ^ Izumi commented in an interview with the Chugoku Shimbun that "although I was rejected, I still love Carp as a citizen.".
- ^ Two examples of Skymark Stadium and Clinex Stadium MiyagiCity Park LawThe operation management is based on the management permission system based on the above, and the actual operation management of Chiba Marine Stadium is jointly funded by the Chiba Lotte baseball team and the prefecture / city.Third sectorSince it is outsourced to "Chiba Marine Stadium Co., Ltd.", this is the first time that the team is directly involved in the operation as a designated manager.
- ^ Many domestic professional sports organizations rent the stadium to be used from local governments, third sectors, etc., and in the case of such a leasing relationship, the profits obtained from the shops and advertising signs in the stadium In many cases, the management side (local government, third sector) shares the share (at the first Hiroshima Municipal Stadium, an agreement between Hiroshima City and the local business community that donated the building to support the Hiroshima baseball team. It was approved that the team would independently operate the stadium store, and that 3% to 3% of the revenue from advertising signs would be the revenue of the team.) If the stadium management is entrusted by the designated manager system, these profits will be recognized as team income.
- ^ Koijo Foods is a community of four noodle makers in Hiroshima City, including Hirata Shoten. Marubayashi is a company funded by Hirata Shoten and is familiar with Koijo Foods. As for the soup stock used for carp udon, the same recipe that was sold at Hiroshima Municipal Stadium (first generation) is still used..
- ^ Naka City, Hiroshima CityHatchoboriIt is in. There are no plans to relocate for the time being after the completion of Mazda Stadium, and tickets and goods will be sold here. The name means "carp" in Spanish.
- ^ "Stadium overview". Hiroshima Toyo Carp. 2016th of February 3Browse.
- ^ "Stadium overview". Hiroshima Toyo Carp. 2016th of February 3Browse.
- ^ reference·Chinese newspaperFrom the article "Silenced Team" dated October 2004, 10
- ^ Reference: Chugoku Shimbun Article dated June 2004, 6 "What to do Hiroshima Municipal Stadium Current status"Than.
- ^ "What to do Dome Stadium" --Chugoku Shimbun (May 2005, 5)
- ^ Reference: From the article "Countermeasures for Utilizing Yard Sites in June" dated March 2002, 3, Chugoku Shimbun
- ^ Reference: From the article "Public expense input, covered stadium-requested by four economic groups-" dated May 2002, 5, Chugoku Shimbun
- ^ "Promotion of new stadium construction" --Hiroshima City HP
- ^ "Technical issues at" current location "" --Chugoku Shimbun (May 2005, 5)
- ^ "The speculation that" rudder in the yard "spreads --Chugoku Shimbun (May 2005, 5)
- ^ Reference: From the article "New Baseball Stadium Wisdom and Funding" dated December 2004, 12, Chugoku Shimbun
- ^ "No sense of unity with the audience seats / Ask Matsuda owner for a simple" square "" --Chugoku Shimbun (May 2006, 4)
- ^ "New stadium re-competition to citizen group, Hiroshima city opinion" --Chugoku Shimbun (May 2006, 4)
- ^ "Hiroshima New Stadium" Takenaka Plan "Not Adopted" Reflecting User's Voice "Fans and Business World Request" --Chugoku Shimbun (May 2006, 4)
- ^ "Citizens' long-awaited" dream vessel "budget and voices of traffic anxiety" --Chugoku Shimbun (May 2006, 9)
- ^ "New stadium construction business burden is about 11 billion yen" --Chugoku Shimbun (May 2006, 11)
- ^ "Announcement of new stadium design proposal Abandoned participation in British consulting company competition" --Chugoku Shimbun (May 2006, 6)
- ^ Reference: From the article "New stadium, attractiveness enhancement measures one after another" dated November 2008, 11 in the Chugoku Shimbun.
- ^ Reference: From the article "The charm of the new stadium is up 2007 million yen" dated October 10, 25 in the Chugoku Shimbun.
- ^ Reference: From the article "Protect Carp with the Power of Citizens" dated January 2006, 1, Chugoku Shimbun
- ^ (PDF)
- ^ Reference: From the article "The charm of the new stadium is up 2009 million yen" dated March 3, 28 in the Chugoku Shimbun.
- ^ Reference: From the article "Carp sales of 2010 billion yen, increase of 3 billion yen due to the new stadium effect" dated March 26, 117, Chugoku Shimbun
- ^ Published on November 2009, 11, materials for Chugoku Electric Power News
- ^ Published on November 2015, 3, materials for Chugoku Electric Power News
- ^ reference·Nihon Keizai ShimbunFrom the article "Wisdom to increase sales to carp leap and cultivate new customer base" dated April 2016, 4
- ^ Published on November 2016, 11, materials for Chugoku Electric Power News
- ^ Reference: From the article "To the consecutive championships Carp player / spectator-friendly stadium" dated September 2017, 9, Chugoku Shimbun
- ^ Reference: From the article "One with the City, Koi no Michi-The closer to the new stadium, the darker the" red "", published on January 2009, 1 by the Chugoku Shimbun.
- ^ From page 2009 of the June 6 issue of "Building Technology" (ISSN00229911).
- ^ Reference / Sports Nippon From the article "Hiroshima New Stadium is" Iwamoto Specification "2008M Fence" dated October 10, 31.
- ^ Reference / Daily Sports From the article "Pitchers unpopular ... Mazda's mound Tokyo D specifications" dated May 2012, 5
- ^ Hearing the opinions of local players in Hiroshima Mazda Stadium renovation -Daily Sports (September 2016, 3)
- ^ Achieving powerful video expression with full freeboard Delivery of "Aurora Vision" for Mazda StadiumMitsubishi Electric News Release March 2019, 3
- ^ To renew the scoreboard of Mazda Stadium Hiroshima City, full-scale video screenChugoku Shimbun Alpha November 2018, 11
- ^ Hiroshima-based large-scale vision renovation prepared for "heartwarming" production for spectatorsSponianex March 2018, 11
- ^ "Yume Stadium-Hiroshima New Stadium-: Bid information: Broadcast desk". shinkyuujyou.seesaa.net. 2021th of February 5Browse.
- ^ Summary of the XNUMXth Hiroshima Municipal Stadium Management Council Meeting
- ^ Completion of large-scale solar power generation facility at Mazda Stadium (first in Japan) (Hiroshima City)
- ^ Reference: From the article "Relief of Carp Name Player at the Baseball Stadium" dated January 2010, 1, Chugoku Shimbun
- ^ Hiroshima to win consecutive league titles Mazda Stadium "Toilet no Kamisama" Daisakusen! --Sankei Sports (December 2016, 12)
- ^ Reference / Nikkan Sports From the article "Akamatsu-kun & Amaya-kun" doll "Retirement" dated December 2011, 12
- ^ Reference: From the article "Haunted House Opened at Mazda Stadium in Hiroshima" Very Scary, but Very Fun "" dated April 2016, 4 in the Sankei Shimbun
- ^ Agitagueda Art Festival An event held in conjunction with the art festival "Agitagueda Art Festival" that has been held since the summer of 2012
- ^ Mazda stadium 10th anniversary event where umbrella flowers open fantastically, Mazda umbrella flowers open fantastically -[J SPORTS] Column (May 2018, 5)
- ^ To renew the scoreboard of Mazda Stadium Hiroshima City, full-scale video screenChugoku Shimbun Alpha November 2018, 11
- ^ Hiroshima-based large-scale vision renovation prepared for "heartwarming" production for spectatorsSponianex March 2018, 11
- ^ Kurihara is also impossible! 153 meters signboard bullet 100 million yen Daily Sports (November 2013, 4)
- ^ (PDF)
- ^ Determination of prospective companies to acquire naming rights (Hiroshima City)
- ^ What is Zoom-Zoom?(From Mazda's official blog "ZOOM-ZOOM BLOG")
- ^ Reference: From the article dated November 2008, 11 in the Chugoku Shimbun
- ^ a b Call for naming rights for Hiroshima Municipal Stadium for more than 2 million yen a year -Nihon Keizai Shimbun (October 2013, 7)
- ^ Reference: From the article "Ballfield Naming Rights Sold to Mazda" dated August 2013, 8, Chugoku Shimbun
- ^ Naming rights renewal until March 24 Mazda Stadium -Nihon Keizai Shimbun (October 2019, 3)
- ^ "Quarterly Baseball Times Vol.8 Hiroshima Toyo Carp Special" Summer 2011 issue, P50.
- ^ Requests when holding professional baseball at Mazda Stadium --Hiroshima baseball team official website
- ^ In 2009ToshibaIt was called "TOSHIBA seat front sand cover seat"
- ^ The sign behind the upper seats changes every year, and in 2010 it said "I want to eat yakiniku !!" and in 2011 it said "Please be careful about the aroma of yakiniku!".
- ^ Reference: From the article "Large commercial facility, opening in December next year" dated January 2011, 1, Chugoku Shimbun
- ^ Hiroshima Ball Park Town Development Project B District Basic Plan (Overview)
- ^ Hiroshima Ball Park Town A District Development Project (Overall Plan)
- ^ Reference: From the article "New Stadium Open to School Children's Baseball" dated March 2008, 3 in the Chugoku Shimbun.
- ^ a b About correspondence to new Hiroshima citizen stadium opening -JR West Press Release[Broken link]
- ^ From the question and answer session on February 2009th at the February 2 regular meeting of the Hiroshima City Council.
- ^ Hiroshima City: From Mazda Stadium Access Guide [Shuttle Bus]
- ^ “Local solo trip again! Tamio Okuda, playing at Mazda Stadium in November”. Music natalie(July 2015, 3) 2015th of February 6Browse.
- ^ Hiroshima's Central League championship in 2016 was decided in the Giants match on September 9th, soTakashi OgataThe match was held for the coachTokyo DomeIt was done in. When he won the CS final stage in the same year, Ogata did not raise his body.
- ^ “Tracking the disappearing ball turmoil at Mazda Stadium”. Tokyo Sports (Tokyo Sports Newspaper). (May 2017, 6) 2020th of February 6Browse.
- ^ "The fencer of Hiroshima/Tanaka's direct double hit" is Matsuyama, a dream playable Mazda stadium". Sankei sports (Sokoku Shimbun). (November 2017, 6) 2020th of February 6Browse.
- Mazda Zoom-Zoom Stadium Hiroshima (Mazda Stadium) Official Website
- MAZDA Zoom-Zoom Stadium Hiroshima(China broadcasting)-Post photos and videos from each seat in cooperation with the team
- Environmental Design Institute
- Promotion of new stadium construction(Hiroshima City Revitalization Bureau）
- New Hiroshima City Stadium Project(Goyo Construction）
- Hiroshima City Stadium Street View
- Stadium evaluation by STUDIUM JOURNEY MAGAGINE magazine