Photo Source: Living Chiba Web
By all means for bicycle practice!Makuhari Baytown "Hanamigawa Greenspace Traffic Park" You can also play with a go-kart!
If you write the contents roughly
Everyone is pausing properly and waits for the barrier to come up.
It's a pleasant season for fresh greenery.I went to "Hanamigawa Greenspace Traffic Park" for the first time in a long time to practice my younger child's bicycle ... → Continue reading
Living Chiba Web
Local / outing information site in Chiba area such as Chiba, Funabashi, Narashino, Urayasu, Ichikawa
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Suspension in Japan
Pause at designated location
vehicleandTramIs at an intersection where traffic control is not performed or in front of it,Stop road signWhen (330) etc. specify that a suspension is required,You must stop immediately before the stop line due to road signs (if there is no stop line, just before the intersection).. In this case, vehicles that pass through the intersection should not be obstructed (Article 43 of the Road Traffic Act).
Road conditions, road priority at intersections, Regardless of the traffic conditions of other vehicles, the vehicle must stop completely at the place where it should be stopped. Without stopping completely where you should stopslow downEven if it passes by, it will be a violation (foul act) of temporary suspension of the designated place.
In addition, due to the relationship with the safety of intersections, etc. (Road Traffic Law, Article 36, Paragraph 4, Article 42, Paragraph 1 of the same law), after completely stopping, check the safety of the left and right of the intersection, and then , Slow down and enter the intersection (Driving schoolInstruction etc.).
Also, do not simply stop, check safety and drive slowly, and do not obstruct the progress of vehicles on the intersection regardless of the condition of intersections and vehicles. Therefore, in the case of a traffic accident, the vehicle with the temporary stop is generally disadvantageous to the vehicle without the temporary stop (Fault rate）.
Even if a stop road sign is installed at a single road 30 meters before the intersection, there are precedents recognizing the effect of the designated stop at the intersection.
When to pause
- To prevent, prevent, or avoid dangers of collision with others
- To meet up for a crossing
- Flashing red traffic lightspause Ofroad sign,Railroad crossingJust before
- In and out of the roadSidewalk,Roadside beltJust before you cross the road
- crosswalk-Bicycle crossingOr just before trying to get past the side of another vehicle parked in front of it
- Getting on and offTramBehind (However, if there is a safety zone, you can pass slowly.)
- Trying to startShared vehicleOr when a vehicle that is going to change course ahead of that place because it turns right or left at an intersection or goes out of the road should give up when giving a signal to change course.
- Near the intersectionEmergency carAnd so on
- Prohibition of entering and stopping at intersections, etc.To follow
- Passing on the sidewalkOrdinary bicycleOr you are passing the roadsidenon-motorized vehicleFor pedestrians
- DisabilityPeople, such as people with visual impairments, the elderly, children, and infants, are passing or crossing
Time to pause
The Road Traffic Act does not specify the time (number of seconds) to be paused, but the requirement for "pause" is satisfied when the vehicle body is completely stationary for XNUMX second or more at the same time as confirming the safety of "right and left".The police crackdown guidance standard stipulates a state of suspension for several seconds, but it is said that it is desirable to set the left and right confirmation to XNUMX second each and stop for about XNUMX seconds, but it is only an internal standard (specified by the city ordinance). There is no legal basis (except when there is).
However, it takes a certain number of seconds to confirm the safety to enter the intersection, so if objectively the stop time is extremely short, the violation of the intersection safety progress obligation will be suspected.
Suspension in America
"ALL WAY STOP", "STOP 4-WAY" (for crossroads) or "STOP 3-WAY" (for three-way intersections) will also be displayed at intersections that require a temporary stop along with the "STOP" sign. ing.. If it is a stop only in two directions, "STOP 2-WAY" is displayed (you can pass as it is from the direction without a stop sign).
Other than intersection
In the United StatesSchool busIf the bus stops, the following vehicles on the school bus must be stopped at least 25 feet (about 7.62 meters) in the meantime (no passing), and oncoming vehicles on the school bus must also be stopped. Are.
- ^ Road Traffic Law Practical Study Group, "Illustrated Road Traffic Law," Tokyo Law Publishing, May 2017, 5, 10th edition.
- ^ Regarding the priority relationship between vehicles etc. at the intersection,Priority roadSee the item. However, an intersection road with a stop sign is not necessarily a priority road.
- ^ For example, in the case of an encounter accident between vehicles of the same type on a road of the same width in a residential area or the like, if the non-stop side does not drive slowly and the stop side temporarily stops or drives slowly, the negligence rate is XNUMX:XNUMX. On the other hand, regardless of whether or not there is a temporary stop, in the case of priority roads or wide roads and roads that are not, the fault ratio is extremely disadvantageous from XNUMX:XNUMX to XNUMX:XNUMX.
- ^ National Police Agency Transportation Bureau (April 29, 2017), Traffic regulation standards, p. 141-142,144-145
- ^ a b c d e "I tried to summarize 15 American traffic rules that Japanese people are easy to get lost / mistaken”. Junglecity.com. 2019/1/23Browse.
- ^ a b Blue guide editorial department "Blue guide selfish walk west coast of America"Jitsugyo no Nihonsha, 2017, p.322
BarrierWhat is (shadanki)?Railroad crossingA device for restricting traffic, which is used to secure priority traffic in such cases.Toll roadFee StationAnd paidParking LotIt is also installed on roads where traffic is frequently closed due to heavy rain or falling rocks (traffic barriers), but here we will explain railway barriers (railroad crossing barriers).
A railroad crossing barrier is a device that prevents cars, pedestrians, etc. from entering the railroad crossing with a barrier rod or the like...Railroad crossing barriers can be roughly divided into manual type and electric type, and in the old days, railroad crossing staff operated manually...In addition, even after the appearance of railroad crossing barriers with electric motors, railroad crossing staff were still in operation...It was not until 1958 (Showa 33) that automated railroad crossing barriers appeared in Japan..
in JapanRailroad crossing alarmMost of them are automatic, but there are also those that are opened and closed by railroad crossing guards and those that are handled by railroad crossing passers-by.
Many have a power switch, electric motor brake device, circuit controller, relay, etc. built into the breaker.power failureWhen the power is turned off due to such reasons, the cutoff culm may automatically drop or rise, and these differ depending on each company's station.It also records electrical elements.
The barrier has the ability to safely cut off even at a continuous wind speed of 15 m / s.
Control drive method
Immediately after the alarm starts, the railroad crossing barrier's barrier rod slowly descends in 5-8 seconds so that vehicles that have entered the railroad crossing can advance from there, and immediately after the alarm is cleared, passers-by and vehicles will quickly cross the railroad crossing. It is a mechanism that rises quickly in 4-5 seconds so that you can enter.
There are two types of railroad crossing barriers, DC type and AC type, depending on the type of power source that operates the cutoff rod. The DC type uses series-wound electric motors and brushless electric motors, and is used for railroad crossings with storage battery equipment. Induction motors are used, and they are used for railroad crossings with dedicated high-voltage distribution line equipment.
A brake device that holds the blocking rod in the raised or lowered position inside the railroad crossing breaker.A friction clutch is provided to protect the motor when it is restrained by mischief or the passage of a car while the shutoff rod is operating. The cutoff rod is driven through a 2/3 circle gear called the secto gear in.In the operation of the blocking rod, when the vehicle is descending, the power is turned on to the electric motor after the brake is released by the brake device at the ascending position, and the blocking rod starts descending. The brake is applied and held in the descending position, and when ascending, the power is turned on to the electric motor after the brake is released by the braking device in the ascending position, and the shutoff rod starts to ascend. The brake is applied by the braking device and the brake is held in the up / down position.
Types of railroad crossing barriers include one-sided arm wood type, two-sided arm wood type, ascending type, sliding door type, and rope tension type...In the case of electric, the name will be named after "electric"..
In 1925 (Taisho 14), the old Japanese standards stipulated three types: hook type, vertical type, and drawer type...In 1948 (Showa 23), the ascending type, one-sided arm type, both-sided arm type, sliding door type, and rope tension type were established..
Arm tree type
This is the most commonly used railroad crossing barrier for railroad crossing barriers that use arms (barrier rods).
A railroad crossing barrier that blocks the road from one side of the railroad crossingOne-sided arm wood type, Railroad crossing barriers that block the road from both sides of the railroad crossingBoth sides arm wood typeTo say.
The length of the blocking rod used to be 6m, but due to the progress of road maintenance, it is now 8m, and if the road is wide, it can be blocked within a range of 10-20m. Some railroad crossings have "folded blocking rods".
The blocking rod is mainlybambooHas been used, but in recent yearsFiber reinforced plastic Those using (FRP) are becoming mainstream.In Japan, most of them have black and yellow stripes, but recently, in order to prevent level crossing accidents, "large-mouth blocking rods" with wider blocking rods and red-white pattern blocking rods are also used.Red and white patterns are most often used at railroad crossings outside Japan.
In addition, if the blocking rod is lowered and the car is stuck in the railroad crossing, if the vehicle is advanced so as to push the blocking rod slowly, the blocking rod will rise diagonally. There is.In this case, it is possible to escape easily.
If the blocking rod breaks, the train is often delayed and the schedule is disturbed for safety confirmation.
In addition, the one that always blocks the railroad crossing, and the one in which the passerby lifts the blocking rod by himselfGravitySometimes called.It is used in employee passages.
Ascension ceremonyIs a railroad crossing barrier that raises and lowers the horizontally stretched wire as it is..Pillars are installed at both ends of the railroad crossing, rails are attached to the pillars, wires are stretched, and the railroad crossing is blocked by moving up and down.A railroad crossing plate is attached to the wire.
It is installed on wide railroad crossings and traffic that cannot be blocked by the arm-tree type, but when people or cars are trapped inside the railroad crossing, it cannot escape from there, so it is limited to railroad crossings where flagmen are stationed. .. The number is decreasing due to the spread of "two-stage folding blocking rods".
In addition, according to the standards established in 1925 (Taisho 14) in Japan, the method of blocking the rods by moving them up and down was classified as a vertical method..
Sliding door type
Sliding door typeIs a railroad crossing barrier that opens and closes by moving the door (sliding door) left and right..According to Japanese standards of 1925 (Taisho 14), the method of pulling out rods and doors to shut them off was classified as a drawer type..
Tuna tension type
Tuna tension typeIs a railroad crossing barrier that stretches ropes and chains to the left and right..According to Japanese standards of 1925 (Taisho 14), the method of pulling a chain or rope to block it was classified as a hook type..
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j "Railroad crossing alarm / barrier”. Railway Technical Research Institute. 2019/2/20Browse.
- ^ It uses electricity for operation, and there are electromagnetic friction brakes that use the frictional force of the brake shoes and non-contact electromagnetic brakes that use eddy currents and suction force.
- ^ a b c d e f Seiji Abe, "Why the Crossroads Accident Does Not Eliminate," Kobunken, 2015, p. 57.
- Railway Electric Railway Reader Revised Edition Japan Railway Electric Technology Association ISBN 978-4-931273-65-8