Mr. Takafumi Horie having a press conference online.Officially announced the establishment of the new team "Fukuoka Kitakyushu Phoenix" = May 5 (photo provided)
Takafumi Horie establishes a new team in Kitakyushu to enter the Kyushu Asian League
If you write the contents roughly
At that time, the Kintetsu Buffaloes, which had fallen into financial difficulty, reached a basic agreement on a merger with Orix.
Sometimes an investor, sometimes a writer, and sometimes a talent.He has a variety of faces and is nicknamed "Horiemon" ... → Continue reading
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Osaka Kintetsu Buffaloes
The official notation of the team nickname is "Buffaloes"Not "Buffaloes"(Regarding the circumstancesLater). However,MiharaThere are cases where the team and Kintetsu Group officials misused it, such as the sign of the coaching era.
1999The name of the team until the end of March is "Kintetsu Buffaloes1999 to sing community-basedMay 4It was still used as a common name even after the name was changed to the above team name.In addition, of the operating corporationCompany nameIs Osaka Buffaloes Co., Ltd.Kinki Nippon RailwayIt was a wholly-owned consolidated subsidiary of a joint-stock company (face value 100 yen).
2004, With the teamKintetsu GroupThe business was transferred to Orix Blue Wave's operating company "Orix Baseball Club" due to financial difficulties, and Osaka Buffaloes2005Disbanded at the end of March.Most of the staff moved to the Orix baseball club, some moved to the Rakuten baseball team, and the players were distributed by draft.Orix Buffaloes(Renamed from Blue Wave) and entered the market at the same timeTohoku Rakuten Golden EaglesWas distributed to.
Since Osaka Kintetsu Buffaloes is treated as a sideline in the history of ORIX's team, various records such as team titles and individual awards are not included at all.The team disappeared in 1958 in a way that the history of the team was not taken over and endedDaiei Unions[Note 1]It will be the event since then.
For details and details of the mergerProfessional Baseball Reorganization Problem (2004)See.
1944From October1947Until MayNankai RailwayとKansai Express RailwayWas operated by the Kintetsu Railway, which was established by the wartime integration ofKinki Japanese Army → Kinki Great Ring[Note 2]There is no connection as a genealogy of the baseball team with, and this is the current genealogy of Fukuoka Softbank Hawks.
Kintetsu Pearls Era
1949,Kinki Nippon RailwaySponsored byKintetsu Pearls(At the time of establishment, Kintetsu Headquarters, later Kintetsu Baseball Co., Ltd. (the first, later Kintetsu Kogyo Co., Ltd.)) Is in charge of management.The transfer time is unknown)Saeki IsamuFormed with a single voice of the crane. "Pearl (pearl) ”Was named because pearl farming is popular in the Ise-Shima region along the Kintetsu line.For KintetsuNankai RailwayAt the time of the merger1944 - 1947(Kinki Japanese Army → Great Ring, now:Fukuoka Softbank Hawks) Since then..KintetsuOsaka Electric OrbitFrom the timesRugby club (currently Kintetsu Liners)However, according to Saiki's later statement, he moved his forefinger to baseball management, which was extremely prosperous at the time, saying, "Because rugby is not profitable."May 11Pacific League (Pacific League)Pacific League) Joined. First launched a two-league system conceptMasataro MatsuriIs said to have thought that it was not desirable for four teams to join the same league in the Osaka area, and had the idea of putting Kintetsu and Hanshin in one league and Hankyu and Nankai in the other.. But,Mainichi NewspapersDue to the process of the Hanshin Tigers leaving after the electric railway teams were united on the side, this idea of positive power was not realized (about the process).Professional Baseball Reorganization Problem (1949)See).Although the application for membership was early, the team formation was delayed, so no contract was made with other teams.Tokyo Roku UniversityFrom (Director)Shozo Fujitastart,Junzo Sekineな どHosei UniversityBecause there were many people, there was a social organization called Kintetsu Hoyukai in the team), but those who have experience in professional baseballShigeaki Kuroo(Tokyu Flyers),Shigeyoshi Morishita,Yutaka Tagawa(BothSun Robins) The number of players is thin, and it has been the lowest for four consecutive years since its establishment.
Shozo Fujita went down due to high fever just before the opening, Fujita came to the stadium, but while Haruo Kato took the actual command, on March 3, a pair at Fujiidera stadiumOrions every dayThe match will be the first official match for the team, but although Shigeyoshi Morishita's first time will be the first in a timely manner, he will self-destruct due to missteps and lose 2-6...Next 13th pairNankai HawksIn battleMitsuo SawafujiThrows in and wins the team's first victory 4-3.The team continued to lose, win, and lose in a row, with Morishita 30 this year.Home run, Sawafuji shows 18 wins, but in the end, he ends up at the bottom, 37.5 games away from the leader every day.Both throwing and hitting revealed a shortage of pieces..The cost of strengthening from the baseball team headquarters did not come out more than expected, and it ends with just two new players joining(The two players will also leave the group the following year).
This year too, it was sluggish until the end of the season, and although it caught up with 9 wins, 14 losses and 8 draw in September, it ended up at the bottom for the second consecutive year with a 1 game behind the 6th place Tokyu.Off this yearHiroshi OshitaEmbarks on the acquisition of, but ends in failure.
5月から6月にかけて13連敗を喫し、シーズン通して首位の南海に4勝14敗、2位の毎日には3勝15敗と大きく負け越し、最終的に30勝78敗、3割に満たない勝率Ends at the bottom for 3 consecutive years..After the season, Shozo Fujita resigned as director,Takeo AkutaIs appointed. Akira Kodama,Takeshi SuzukiIn addition to the reinforcement of newcomers who will be the center after, Get results with a unique practice style.
Immediately after the opening, 9 consecutive wins, etc.May 5Take the lead for a whileHowever, after the summer, it stalled and became the bottom of the 22 games behind the leader Nankai.Win rate exceeds 4% for the first time.
May 8To newcomersNoboru YamashitaIs a pairTakahashi UnionsFirst in the history of the team in battleNo hit no runHas been achieved. With 74 wins, 63 losses and 5 minutes, he became the first A-class player to escape from the bottom of the list in 4th place with a winning percentage of over 5%.As Kintetsu's first titleFumio Tanaka Most wins,Takeshi Suzuki Stealing kingHas won, Team stolen base number 223 was the 5th place in the history of Nippon Professional Baseball at that time.
Pitchers have been sluggish since the beginning.May 6Fumio Takechi (renamed from Tanaka)Daiei StarsFirst in the Pacific League in the match (Osaka)Perfect matchTo achieve.He often loses in a row this year, ending in 60th place with 80 wins, 2 losses and half..
Although he gained momentum with 4 consecutive victories in the latter half of April, Stalled at the end of the race and finished 5th..At that time, it was no longer called the bottom of the world, but there was a difference in ground strength from Seibu and Nankai, who are competing for victory..
This year, the Pacific League changed from 8 teams to 7 teams due to the merger of Takahashi Unions and Daiei Stars, and there was a movement to eliminate the lowest team because it became difficult to set the schedule.Junzo Sekine"The owner of DaieiMasakazu NagataKintetsu crushed by.May 6, Akeda rests in the middle of the season.Haruo KatoActs as a substitute, but even after the end of August, it was at the bottom and was in danger of disappearing, but in the end it ended up in 8th place.[Note 4]..Haruo Kato takes office as director off.
The slump continued from the opening, and when it reached the bottom in the 6th race, it did not rise as it was, and it lost to the leader Nishitetsu with 3 wins, 22 losses and 1 draw, and the 2nd place Nankai with 4 wins, 22 losses and 1 draw. 29 wins in the season is the most winning pitcherKazuhisa InaoBelow 33 wins, Ends the season with a winning percentage of .238, the lowest record in team history..After the end of the season, Kato resigned as a coach and was called a "cow" during his active career.Chiba ShigeruInvited to the manager and gave the team nameKintetsu BuffaloRenamed to.Taro OkamotoThe team mark (commonly known as the bull mark) is produced by.
Kintetsu Buffalo era
When it reaches the bottom in May, it cannot surface as it is and the season ends.Team 5 wins are the most wins in NankaiTadashi SugiuraWas only one more than 38 wins..8 players including the previous yearYomiuri GiantsThe team will be significantly replaced, such as by transferring from.In the middle of the seasonMay 6Shigeru Chiba takes a rest on the way and becomes a substitute directorYoshikazu HayashiWill take office, but Chiba will return to coaching off.
With 43 wins, 87 losses and 1 draw, it is the bottom of the 39 games behind the leader Daigo.
Recorded 103 losses, the most record in the Nippon Professional Baseball season.With 51.5 games behind the leader Nankai and 5 games behind the 18.5th place Hankyu, the team's winning stars continued in 1958, with 42 wins, less than Kazuhisa Inao's 36 wins...RookieTokuaki TokuakiWon 15 wins[Note 5]The first of the teamNewcomer KingTo win. The team has recorded more than 1958 missteps for the fourth consecutive year since 4.[Note 6], Team 38 stolen base is the lowest record at that time since the 2 league system..After the season, Shigeru Chiba resigned as coachKaoru BettotoIs appointed.
Later, Shigeru Chiba did not try to talk about the situation at that time, but1997"Everything I've done for 20 years as a giant has been overturned," he said. "Although the players were not professional, there were problems with the constitution of the parent company," he said at the time.Third-class carTraveling by train was on par with NishitetsuSecond class carIt is said that the team said, "I want you to have only 15 people."..One player is Nishitetsu's Kazuhisa Inao and Nankai's.Tadashi SugiuraHe also said that he missed the game due to a false illness such as high fever and abdominal pain when he found out that he would pitch..
Kintetsu Buffaloes era
The team name "Kintetsu Buffaloes" was used until 1998, but here we will talk about things up to 1996, the year before the move to the Osaka Dome, and for both 1997 and 1998 when we moved to the Osaka Dome.#Osaka Dome EraSee.
Bepto director age
Team nameKintetsu BuffaloesRenamed to.Jack BloomfieldWith a high batting average of .374Leading batter, 28 winsKubo Yasuhiro Most winsHowever, the team as a whole has only 57 wins (Kubo earned almost half of the winning stars by himself), the lowest for the fifth consecutive year.Masahiro DoiIs selected as No. 18 at the age of XNUMX.
Since May, the team has maintained a winning percentage of 5% and is competing for 5rd place with Toei, but one game behind.[Note 7]Finishes in 4th place.This yearAll starSeven people were selected for.Although it is poor in long hitting power, it is an attack that raises points by repeating singles and doubles.Pistol strikingIs nicknamed.
Although four 4-win pitchers came out this year, it was the lowest in two years. From 10 to this year, the number of missteps was the worst in the league for seven consecutive years...After the season, Kaoru Betto resigned as coach.To succeedYoshiyuki IwamotoIs inaugurated.I have been enrolled since the formation of the teamJunzo SekineOn the other hand, some team members said, "Do the director," but Sekine didn't intend to do so, so he left Kintetsu and transferred to the Giants..
Iwamoto (Yoshi) director era
It is the lowest for the second consecutive year with a 42.5 game behind the winning Nankai.This yearThe 1st Professional Baseball Draft ConferenceWas held and was nominated for 2nd placeSuzuki revelationHas joined the group.
With 48 wins and 82 losses, he is the lowest for the third consecutive year.After the season, Yoshiyuki Iwamoto resigned as coach, and he was 3 years old at the time.Akira Kodama Director while concurrently serving as a playerInauguration.
Kodama director era
May 4, As a corporation for the management of the teamKintetsu Baseball Co., Ltd.Established (2nd generation) and transferred management from Kintetsu Kogyo (Kintetsu Baseball Co., Ltd. = changed trade name to 3st generation in March of the same year)..The team was in the lead until mid-May due to the opening dash, but due to a series of breakdowns of the main players, it ended up at the bottom for the fourth consecutive year.After the season, Akitoshi Kodama resigned from the coach and transferred to Hanshin as a player.To succeedMiharaWas appointed.
After winning three consecutive games against Nishitetsu, he was the leader with 3 wins and 4 losses in April until June, but after the summer, he stalled and finished in 14th place, 4 games behind the leader Hankyu.However, it is said that the director Mihara gave the players confidence.Mihara applied to retire due to family problems, but was detained and continued to throw.
It was sluggish, recording 5 consecutive losses by May, but then caught up with 9 wins, 18 loss and 1 draws at a stretch, and developed the team's first battle for the lead with Hankyu.As of October 2, when only four games were directly confronted with each other, they maintained the lead by two margins, which was superior to Hankyu.[Note 8]..However, he allowed Hankyu to win a come-from-behind victory with three consecutive losses from the first match in the four consecutive matches against Hankyu from October 10, and ended up in second place.He won for the first time with 18 wins and 4 losses against Nankai, who had never won in the competition results of the season since the team was founded, and also beat Nishitetsu, who had lost for 3 consecutive seasons, with 2 wins and 17 losses.At the draft meeting, he was called the Koshien idol in high school baseball.Koji OtaEarned.
May 5ToBlack fog caseIt was reported that Kotaro Yamasaki, who was a baseball team employee, was forced to match-fixing (a defeat under the baseball agreement) by an outsider and asked the manager and players to defeat.Yamazaki started Akitoshi Kodama, who was a player-coach at the time, in 1967.Yoshitaka Kihara,Takeo Yoshizawa,Takashi TakagiIt is said that he asked four people to match-fixing.As a result of the investigation, no money was given or received to the four requested people, and it was not possible to obtain confirmation that they had defeated in the match. Because I'm sure I was goingMay 6Was permanently banished for his involvement in baseball gambling.May 10, In the battle against South SeaKoichiro SasakiAchieved a perfect game.After the season, Mihara resigned as director and succeededTsuruoka aloneHowever, the invitation failed, and the coach'sIwamotoWas promoted to director.
Iwamoto (Takashi) director era
Although he became the leader on April 7, including seven consecutive victories (1 minute) against Nankai, who took the lead in the early stages., Overall, it ends up in 14nd place, 2 games behind the leader.Around this time, Keishi Suzuki won 5 wins for 20 consecutive years, and Koji Ota was also popular, so the number of TV broadcasts is increasing..
The Pacific League has introduced a two-season system for the previous and next seasons.Kintetsu, who has pitching power, was also listed as a candidate for victory., The pitchers collapsed due to a series of failures, and the ERA of 3.83 was only Keishi Suzuki who won 5 or more wins in 10th place in the league, and Doi was the only batting average in the top 10 (3rd place) and the team batting average was in the league. At the bottom .237, 113 home runs are in 5th place, the same number as Nankai, stolen bases, goals are the lowest in the league, goals are the most in the league, and Iwamoto rests at the end of August.Koji ShimadaActs as a substitute director, but in both the previous and next period, it ended up at the bottom for the first time in 6 years..The second army has won the Western League for the first time.After the season, former Hankyu coachYukio NishimotoBecame the director.
Under Yukio Nishimoto, he won the league title for the first time and escaped from the long slump.AlsoAkira AokiEvery year after taking office as directorSeibu LionsIt became a fierce pennant race battle with[Note 9]From 1982 after Nishimoto retired to 1992 under the direction of Akira Ohgi, the B class maintained stable results three times..
Nishimoto who became the directorKoichi Haneda,Shigeru Kurihashi,Kyosuke Sasaki,Mitsuyasu Hirano,Masataka NashidaThey trained young players to strengthen their team strength, but in the first year they finished in 1th place, and Masahiro Doi, who was the main gun of the team, was off.Taiheiyo Club LionsTrade to release.
For the first time, he won the "winning" (the second half of the pennant two-term system), but lost to Hankyu, who won the first half of the playoffs, with 2 win and 1 losses.
May 4, Keishi Suzuki achieved 200 wins in total for the first time in the team against Lotte, the only player who joined the Kintetsu teamMeikyukaiBecame a player.With NankaiNippon Ham FightersWin over, Lotte,Crown writer lionsAlthough he has won more than 10 wins, he lost to the leader Hankyu with 6 wins, 18 losses and 2 draws, and although he was 3rd in the first half, he was the lowest in the second half and finished 4th throughout the season.The number of stolen bases of the team was 120, which was the top of the league, but the batting average of the team was 5th, and 92 home runs of the team ended up at the bottom of the league..
In the first half, Hankyu was in second place after Hankyu, and in the second half, Hankyu was running alone until August, but in September Kintetsu chased hard and took the lead for a while.May 9We had a direct confrontation with Hankyu for the second half victory.If Kintetsu wins, it will win in the second half, Hankyu will win this match, and one of the remaining two matches must be a draw or more.Kintetsu started with Keishi Suzuki, who won the most with 2 wins this year.Hisashi YamadaHankyu, who lost the ace confrontation with the team and took the lead in the reversal, won the next match and decided to win the championship as in the previous term, and Kintetsu finished in 2nd place.Although Kintetsu won all the teams this year, the difference was that Hankyu had greatly beat the four teams other than Kintetsu..
In the previous term, by May, the team was behind the 5nd place Hankyu by 2 games and ran alone, but in the match against Lotte on June 5th.Charlie ManielReceived a hit by pitch from the chin, withdrew from the front, and Hankyu was catching up...In the second half, he will be in second place, and will be in the playoffs with Hankyu, who won the second half, but this year's ERA is first.Tetsuji YamaguchiHe won three consecutive victories with his three consecutive throws, and achieved his first league victory in the 3th year since the team was founded. 3 wins, 30 losses, 74 minutes, winning percentage .45 is a team record.Hiroshima Toyo CarpWithJapan seriesThen, in the scene of 7 point behind in the bottom of the 9th inning of the 1th round, I seize the opportunity of a one-stroke reversal goodbye on bases loaded with no death.Yuka EnatsuBeing blocked in front of, defeated with 3 wins and 4 losses (21 balls of Enatsureference).
Increased repulsive forceFlying ballWith the effect of this year, 10 home runs of the season team, which is a new record for Nippon Professional Baseball, will produce 239 double-digit home runs from the team, including Manuel, who has double-crowned home runs and RBIs this year.[Note 10]And from May 5th of the previous yearMay 9Up to 215 consecutive games to break the record of Nippon Professional Baseball..The team was forced into 2nd place in the first half and 3th place in the second half with the remaining 5 sections, but it rebounded from there.May 10ToKorakuen StadiumSo, I won the direct confrontation with Nippon Ham, which was decided to win even if it was a draw with Magic 1, 6-5, and the following 8th and 11th confrontationSeibu LionsHe also won two consecutive races and won the second half in a reversal.Lotte OrionsWithplay offAlso won the league title for the second consecutive year with 3 wins and 0 losses,Japan seriesThen again, he lost to Hiroshima with 3 wins and 4 losses.Manuel broke up with the team due to contract renewal and left.
10.7 decisive battle
The final game between Nippon-Ham and Kintetsu at Korakuen Stadium on October 1980, 10.The match was packed 7 minutes before the start.Nippon-Ham will win the second half of the game even if it is a draw, but in order for Kintetsu to win, it was a very advantageous match for Nippon-Ham, who had to win this match and also win the Seibu match in a row.Of both teamsStarting pitcherKintetsu is Keishi Suzuki, Nippon-Ham isIchizo TakahashiVeteran left arm. In the bottom of the second inning, Nippon Ham scored one point.When Takahashi, who managed to hold back while being struck, made a non-death second base in the top of the third inning, it was alreadyKida Isamu Reliefdid.HoweverKyosuke SasakiIt is struck by and tied. In the top of the 4th inning, he lost 3 points with 3 hits in a row.KidacurveThe control of the ball is not decided, the backfaux pasAlso came out. If Nippon Ham returns 5 point in the bottom of the 1th inning, Kintetsu will alsoChris ArnoldHits a solo home run.However, in the bottom of the 7th inning, Nippon HamHitting,Masaru Tomita OfdoubleStarting with, he hit four times in a row and returned two points, approaching a one-point difference. In the 4th inningShuzo AritaKida sat down on the mound after hitting a solo home run and finally got off the board.Behind the scenes, Nippon Ham was killed and Tomita was the second pitcher of Kintetsu from the third base.Takashi ImotoRelease a ground ball that crosses the head ofshortstop OfTokuichi FukiishiCatch up and catch the ball.Third base runnerTatsuo OmiyaCould not survive in this scene.From two deathsNobuhiro TakashiroHe finally survived with a hit and approached one point difference.Nippon-Ham attacks Kintetsu in the 1th inningShigeyuki MabashiとToshoku UdaI surpassed it with the relay of. Nippon-Ham in the bottom of the 9thCleanupGood batting order.FirstJun KashiwaraA biting liner to his right wing was caught full of fences.Kintetsu is 3rd after thisTatsumi MurataI changed to.Tommy CruiseAlso died in the liner to the front of the right wing.Tony Soleta TheStrikeoutThe match ended with a victory of 5-6 and Kintetsu.Kintetsu also won the Seibu in a row and won the come-from-behind victory with Nippon Ham, who missed the opportunity to win on his own.Director Nishimoto said, "If we train to that extent and everyone fights with all our might, we can play that much game that meets the expectations of our customers." One of the newspaper reporters said on the day. Professional baseball used to be all about giants, but times have changed. ".
Manuel's hole was so big that none of the four 4% hitters in the previous year came out, and he also hit home runs.Victor Harris22 hits are the best in the team..In addition, Keishi Suzuki also won only 5 wins and lost, and the pitchers did not perform well and ended up at the bottom of 6th place in the first half and 4th place in the second half.After the season, Yukio Nishimoto resigned as coach and succeededSeiji SekiguchiIs appointed.
Sekiguchi, Okamoto era
In the early stages, he took the lead and won 3rd place in both the previous and next seasons, but the result was that he was far away from the leader Nippon-Ham.
If he loses seven games in a row at the end of April, he will recover to the bottom until May, but after that he will be in fourth place this year without reaching 4%.Isami Okamoto..From HiroshimaEiji KatoJoined by trading.
In this season, the night game equipment at Fujiidera Stadium was completed, and the night game was opened on April 4.May 5Suzuki Keishi achieved a total of 300 wins, but he was a new foreign player.Don moneyHowever, he left the group at the end of April over the treatment aspect, and although he was in 4th place, he lost the 4rd place match against Seibu with 3 wins and 9 losses.
May 7Keishi Suzuki announced his retirement from active duty, and his uniform number 1 will be the only permanent number for the team.The number of home runs is 212, which is the highest in the league, but the ERA is 5.10, which is the worst in the league. The digit winning pitcher is also a stopperYoshiaki IshimotoHowever, it is said that this time was the time of generational change between the winning members in 1979 and 1980 and the later winning members in 1989.Daiishi Oishi, In addition to Ishimoto as a pitcherKazuyoshi Ono,Yoshii Rihito,Osamu Sasaki,Shintaro YamazakiYou can see the acquisition and rise of..Arita and Hide Kato are giants offKenji AwaguchiA trade is established with them.
In the second half of the game, there will be a fierce battle for victory with Seibu, and the magic will turn on and off repeatedly. At the end of September, it was the second place behind Seibu by one game, but Magic 9 was lit due to the remaining games.May 10In the match against Lotte, he caught up with 9 points in the bottom of the 2th inning, and when he was tied to the lead in a draw, he beat Lotte the next day to take the lead alone.At the time of the remaining 3 games of both teams, it was set to Magic 3, butMay 10Lost to Hankyu three times in a row.It ends in 3nd place, 2.5 games behind Seibu, who won the Lotte in a row at home and won the championship in a come-from-behind victory.The number of spectators has exceeded 2 million for the first time since 1952, when the record remains..
Second year of transferHiromasa AraiIs the top hitter, rookieHideyuki AhanoShows an activity to win 15 wins and win a rookie king, but there is also a dissonance within the teamIt is 5 games behind the 1.5th place Lotte, and although it has won more than 4 wins for the 11 teams, it has lost to Seibu with 5 wins, 19 losses and 3 draws., Become the lowest.After the season, Isami Okamoto resigned as coach and was a coachAkira AokiInaugurated,Hiroshi GondoIs a pitcher coach.
Ohgi director era
At the end of the game, he had a fierce battle for victory with Seibu, who had won the league for the third time in a row until the previous year.Seibu ran alone from the opening, and in June, Kintetsu was able to play 3 games with 6 savings.7 daysOf the main gunRichard DavisWas arrested for illegal possession of cannabis and was dismissed.28th of the same monthIn a hurryChunichi DragonsFrom money tradingRalph BryantWon.After that, Bryant made a big success by recording 74 home runs while participating in 34 games. Seibu continued to run alone in September, and as of the 9th, it was behind the Seibu by 15 games, but when Seibu temporarily retreated, it was 6 games behind by the 29th, and on the 1.5th of October. Kintetsu temporarily took the lead with no game difference, and until the end of the season, Seibu and Kintetsu, both leaders, continued to win at a high pace.May 10By the time Seibu finished the entire schedule, Kintetsu would have won if they won three of the remaining four games, but lost to the Hankyu match on the 4th, and three wins in the remaining three games became an absolute requirement for victory.Kawasaki StadiumMoved to and won the match against Lotte on the 18th,May 10In the doubleheader with Lotte, he won the first game in the 1th inning, but the second game was extended 9 times and a 2-10 draw was made.[Note 11]The result was that he missed the championship in the 130th game (see details).10.19(See)[Note 12]..Nashida and Fukiishi, who are also active in this match, have retired.
Before the opening, Seibu and Kintetsu were expected to fight for victory, but when they entered the pennant, they won a big victory over Kintetsu in the opening game.Orix Bravesが開幕から8連勝と抜け出し、近鉄や西武は勝率5割前後と出遅れる。近鉄はエースの阿波野秀幸が開幕から6連勝や、いてまえ打線の復調もあり、7月から8月にかけて2度の4連勝などで8月に一時首位に立つが、9月に入ると連敗を重ねて9月25日の時点で3位に後退していた。近鉄に後がない状況で迎えたMay 10, Against Seibu (Seibu Stadium) In the doubleheader, Ralph Bryant hit four consecutive home runs on this day[Note 13]Came out and won the Seibu in a row.Kintetsu turns on Magic 2 (see details10.19 # Next year 10.12See).May 10, Pair at Fujiidera StadiumFukuoka Daiei HawksWon the match and achieved the third victory in nine years in the 129th game...At the first baseball stadiumJapan seriesIt was held[Note 14], Although he won the Giants three times in a row from the first match,Tetsuro Kato"Giants are weaker than Lotte"[Note 15]After that, he suffered four consecutive losses and lost to the giant.Kurihashi and Awaguchi retired, Murata transferred, and coach Gondo retired.ド ラ フ トIn 8 team competition[Note 16]After lottery byNippon Steel Sakai OfHideo NomoHas acquired the right to negotiate and joined the group.
Hideo Nomo wins the most wins, wins major starting pitcher titles such as ERA, and is a rookie king &MVPAnd,Sawamura PrizeAlso won.Also newcomerHiroo IshiiSince June, he has become a regular player and has a batting average of .6 and 300 home runs, despite the lack of regular batting averages.However, the team suffered nine consecutive losses from the second round of the opening and was delayed significantly, and pitchers other than Nomo lost their results due to Awano's slump and Ono's breakdown, so they could not close the gap with Seibu and came in third. It's over.Haneda retires,Futoshi NakanishiThe head coach leaves the group.
Seibu escapes from the opening, but although he wins in a direct confrontation with Seibu at the end of the first half and returns to the top position, he loses three consecutive games in a direct confrontation with Seibu in September and wins the championship in reverse.9 wins of the year was the record for the most wins of the team at that time.Nomo has the most wins for the second consecutive year,TraberThe RBI king also left the group.
Contrary to the previous year, Kintetsu took the lead in the early stages, but in June it was reversed by Seibu, and after that, Seibu was allowed to run alone and finished in 6nd place.Motoyuki AkahoriRecorded an ERA of 1.80 with the best reliefBest defense rateHowever, he became the only pitcher with an earned run average of 1 point as a pitcher who achieved the prescribed number of pitches...Nomo has won the most wins for the third consecutive year since joining the team.Yu TakamuraIs a rookie king.After the season, Akira Ohgi resigned as coach.Keishi Suzuki, who has grown up for the first time in 26 years since Akitoshi Kodama, will succeed him.
Suzuki, Sasaki era
The feud between director Keishi Suzuki and leading players such as Hideo Nomo and Masato Yoshii continued.Nomo has won the most wins for four years in a row, but he has the most walks and earned runs in the league and lacks a sense of stability. The batting line was strong, and after a good start from the opening, consecutive losses continued and fell to the bottom, but in the end it ended up in 4th place, 10 games behind the leader Seibu..
Motoyuki Akahori at the opening battle against SeibuIto workIn the opening game history, the team was sluggish from the beginning as it was the start of a wave that was hit by a full-base home run. On June 6, it will sink to the bottom of the 17 games behind the leader Seibu.But,Batting lineの爆発により夏場から調子を上げ、7月26日から8月10日にかけて球団新記録となる13連勝を記録し一時は首位に立つなど、約1カ月半で32勝6敗、勝率.842の驚異的な成績を残す。しかし、野茂が離脱した8月以降は後退、最終的に首位西武と7.5ゲーム差の2位に終わる..After the end of the season, Nomo left the group due to a broken contract,Major League OfLos Angeles DodgersTransferred to[Note 17].Kanamura Yoshiaki FAExercised the right and transferred to Chunichi.AwanoKada NorioTransferred to Giants in exchange trade with.
Just before the opening, YoshiiRyuji NishimuraTransferred to Yakult through a one-on-one exchange trade with.1nd year since the openingLee StevensHowever, he hit 13 home runs in 10 games, but the team was sluggish due to the breakdown of Bryant and Hiroo Ishii, the pitcher's team leaving due to Takamura's injury, and the stopper Akahori in a bad condition.Keishi Suzuki is also taking a rest on the way, and will be the lowest in eight years.After the season, Kyosuke Sasaki will be appointed as the manager.ド ラ フ トThen, as a high school student, the most 7 teams in history nominated the 1st placePL school OfKousuke FukudomeFukudome refuses to join the group.Daiei became a free contractKazunori YamamotoReturned for the first time in 15 years.
Yamamoto, who joined the test team, played an active part from the opening and was selected as an all-star, but the wave of pitchers' condition is fierce and the winning percentage will be around 5%.New base from the following yearOsaka DomeI wanted to enter the A class and welcome the opening card at the new base in order to move to, but I was defeated by the two consecutive battles against Seibu who entered the A class in the final round and ended the season in 4th place.Off, Ishii who refused to offer a big salary reduction transferred to the giant.
Osaka dome era
HomeOsaka DomeHowever, the player's annual salary soared, and the nearest station to Osaka Dome was not a Kintetsu station, so it became isolated from the Kintetsu line.[Note 18]..In addition, the usage fee for the Osaka Dome has also risen significantly compared to the Fujiidera Stadium owned by Kintetsu Kogyo. Since 1998, the number of spectators has not increased, and the deficit is increasing year by year.
Of the opening cardGreen Stadium KobeBecause the two consecutive battles against Orix were canceled due to rain.May 4Pair at the Osaka DomeChiba Lotte MarinesThe match is the opening match, and the first match at the Osaka Dome has been won 4-2...He was in a situation of competing with Lotte for 14th place until the summer, with a maximum of 5 debts, but in the match against Lotte (Osaka Dome) on August 8, he won the first time in the history of the Pacific League (third time in professional baseball) by 24 points. The team emerged after the 3th extension).Eventually the season ends in 10rd place.The number of spectators mobilized this year reached 12, which was the record for the team's highest number of spectators of the year...Daijiro Oishi retired for this year.
Until mid-August, the team fought for the championship with Nippon-Ham, and due to the stall of Nippon-Ham, the team was behind by 8 games at one point.The starting pitchers were not stable and there was no double-digit winning pitcher since 0.5.Rob Mattson9 wins became the team's best winning star[Note 19]..Eventually it ends up in 1th place in debt 5.
4Named the team aiming for tie-ups with local companies and close contact with the local communityOsaka Kintetsu BuffaloesRenamed to9Established a new company "Osaka Kintetsu Buffaloes Co., Ltd." to replace the conventional Kintetsu Baseball Co., Ltd. In April, he returned to the top position, but the starting pitchers were not stable compared to the previous year (there were no double-digit winning pitchers for two consecutive years), and the worst record for five consecutive double-digit goals, which was a new record for professional baseball. It has been sluggish, such as establishingKyosuke Sasaki resigns as coach after the season ends, and his successor will be Kintetsu's last coachMasataka Nashida.
In the situation where Nashida, who took office, said, "The player base is thin, but there are no injured people," in the open gameYuji YoshiokaAlthough he was spared the fracture, he was seriously injured on his wrist., Entering the seasonKoichi IsobeIs a hit by pitch on the facePhil ClarkIn a situation where he withdraws one after another due to a broken wrist,Norihiro Nakamura Home runとRBIHowever, the team finishes at the bottom for the second consecutive year for the first time in 33 years.No double-digit winning pitchers have appeared in the pitchers for the third consecutive year, and even in the fielders, the number of pitchers who reached the prescribed seats exceeded 2%.Takashi MutouIt was just.
Of the opening roundMay 3の対日本ハム戦は一時は1対6で5点差をつけられるものの、両軍合わせて8本塁打の打ちあいとなり最後は10対9で逆転勝利する。その後も4月に2試合連続サヨナラ勝ちを収めるなど、逆転勝利が多く（78勝のうち41勝が逆転勝ち）、May 7In the match against Lotte in the 9th inning, he scored 5 points from a difference of 8 points and won in a come-from-behind victory. Turn back at the top.From this yearLos Angeles DodgersFormed a business alliance with the Dodgers former coach in the middle of the seasonTommy LasodaIntroducingSean BergmanとJeremy Powell2 pitchers,Sean GilbertAcquired infielder.This reinforcement was also successful.Late stageMay 9Lost 5 times in a rowMay 9Even at this stage, Seibu is behind Daiei by 1 behind, and the 5th place is 6.5 games behind.May 911 games from 10 wins and 1 loss.May 9In the battle against SeibuTuffy RoseAchieved the 55th home run, which was the record for Nippon Professional Baseball in the home run season at that time, and the game was in the bottom of the 9th inning.Daisuke MatsuzakaNorihiro Nakamura won a two-run home run and set the winning magic to 2.May 9, In the bottom of the 2th inning, which was led 5 to 9 in the match against Orix (Osaka Dome), hitter from bases loaded with no deathHirotoshi KitagawaIs the first Japanese professional baseball gameSubstitution reversal good-bye baseman win base decision』Has decided to win the Pacific League for the first time in 12 years.The victory from the bottom of the previous year with the same director was the 4 giantNagashima ShigeoThe second person after, and the first in the Pacific League.Lotte had a big win with 2 wins and 20 losses,, The victory in the lowest ERA league (4.98) and the double-digit loss to the 2nd place team (2 wins and 9 losses to Daiei) were both the first in history.Japan seriesThen.Yakult SwallowsBeing proud of him, he was blocked from hitting the line and was defeated with 1 win and 4 losses.This year's victory was Kintetsu's last league victory.78 wins in the season is a team record.Off, with the team's first (only) FA transferShinichi KatoEarned.
5月28日から6月15日にかけて8年ぶりの10連勝を記録し、首位西武に一時2ゲーム差に詰め寄る。しかしその後は西武の独走を許すと、8月16日の直接対決で9点差を逆転負けし、西武に優勝マジック34が点灯..It ends in 16.5nd place, 2 games behind the final winner Seibu.Nakamura declares FA after the end of the season, but after more than a month of negotiations including the major leagues, he will remain after signing an estimated 1 years 4 billion yen plus piecework payment contract with Kintetsu.Akifumi OtsukaTo the major leaguePosting systemHowever, the bidding team does not appear and the money is traded on the middle day.None of the players exceeded 3% when they reached the prescribed seats.
1Company nameOsaka Buffaloes Co., Ltd.change to.After 5 consecutive wins in the opening season and a good start, the first half of the game is finished in 1.5nd place, 2 games behind the leader Daiei.However, in the second half of the season, the absence of a closer pitcher due to Otsuka's transfer and the injury and slump of No. 4 Nakamura retreated to 3rd place, ending the season as it was.After the end of the season, Rose, who has been active as a main gun for many years and has won the home base hitting king this year, will be free contract from the soaring annual salary (giant won).
2004 Professional Baseball Reorganization Problem
This year was the last year for the Kintetsu Buffalo Team.
May 1,Naming rightsA problem is discovered, but there is opposition from giants and others, and it ends in failure.May 6Announces that it is preparing to merge with Orix Bluewave.May 6ToLive doorShowed a move to buy a baseball team, but Kintetsu did not respond to the takeover (about the move of Livedoor)andSee also),May 8The basic agreement on the merger was signed inMay 9The merger was officially approved at the owners' meeting.May 9と19 daysThe first strike of Nippon Professional Baseball was held by the Japan Professional Baseball Players Association, which opposes this problem, and all 12 baseball teams, including those other than Kintetsu and Orix, have been canceled.[Note 20].
In the open battleYuji YoshiokaWithdraws due to Achilles tendon rupture.Expected to replace RoseLarry BarnesWas withdrawn in the third race of the season, and was also expected as a stopper.Hector CarrascoHowever, in April, he lost his registration for 4 consecutive losses with an ERA of 4. Since finishing 20.00th on April 4, he has not been in A class this season and will finish in the bottom in April.Hisashi IwakumaHas 12 consecutive victories, which is a record for the team since the opening, and will be in 4th place at one point, but will be in 6th place, losing 13 consecutive games from the game following the announcement of the team merger on June 4, and will end in 5th place in July.Athens OlympicsIwakuma and Nakamura have lost 8 consecutive games since August 7th, and have been in 7th place since then.At the time of the announcement of the merger, Nashida said that "there was a response with debt 5," but at the time of the owners' meeting on July 4, the players were left out and could not stand up at the end..May 9, The final match against Seibu at the Osaka Dome was held, and Yoshioka, who had not participated so far this year, participated as a substitute, and Motoyuki Akahori and Shinichi Katoh, who retired from this match, pitched.The game was extended in the bottom of the 11th inning, with 1 death and XNUMXnd baseHoshino OsamaVictory 3-2 with a goodbye hit to the right wing line, which was the final victory of the team's official game.May 9 OfYahoo! BB StadiumThe match against Orix was the final match between the teams that merged together, but they lost 2-7...The team finished in 61th place, the first B class in 70 years with 4 wins and 5 losses, and after the disappearance2007Started fromClimax seriesIt was the only 13 teams including the one that disappeared without participating in the current playoff season after the same year.Iwakuma scored 15 winsMost winsCompared to the pitchers who were able to calculate, the batting team had a home run and a sharp decrease in points from the previous year due to the loss of Rose and the breakdown of Yoshioka.The second army won the previous term,May 9, The final official match of the second army, the Western League championship deciding match, was held at Fujiidera Stadium, but it was defeated on the middle day of the late championship.
May 11, Orix and the new teamTohoku Rakuten Golden EaglesBetweenPlayer distribution draftWas held, and Kintetsu players were to be assigned to Orix and Rakuten.Naoyuki OmuraIs FAFukuoka Softbank HawksTransferred to.Norihiro Nakamura is a major league baseball playerLos Angeles DodgersToPosting systemI have been transferred at.
The above movement toward the merger has led to labor-management negotiations with the players'association and the issue of reorganization of the ball world, and players also participate in signature activities in the movement against the merger of the teams., Strong repulsion from inside and outside the ball world including fans caused a big ripple.AndMay 11Osaka Kintetsu Buffaloes as a professional baseball team has come to an end in 55 years of history..
2005,May 1Closed the Osaka Buffaloes Office on the 7th floor of the Midosuji Grand Building.May 1, The office will be relocated to the 15th floor of the same building, and will continue to handle the remaining work such as Nakamura's posting application.May 3, Osaka Buffaloes Co., Ltd. will be dissolved on this day.same yearMay 6The liquidation was completed with the addition, and the company disappeared completely.After this, Kintetsu will take temporary measures after the merger after the merger of the team.2007He held a 20% stake in the Orix team and put the "Kintetsu" logo on the left sleeve of the uniform, but withdrew completely at the end of the 2007 season...Since then, it has been carrying out special treatment plans under the name of "Kintetsu Railway Day".
2021Currently, the active players who have experience of belonging to Osaka Kintetsu BuffaloesKazuki KondoとTomotaka SakaguchiOnly Sakaguchi is limited to NPB. (2021Tokyo Yakult SwallowsBelongs. ) Both of them have been affiliated with Orix Buffaloes for more than one season in the past.
Nickname of the team
- Nickname at the time of establishmentPearls(Pearls) is along the Kintetsu lineIse ShimaIs a special product ofpearlIt is named after.
- 1958OffChiba ShigeruAt the same time as he became the director, he solicited a new nickname for the team to replace Pearls.Buffaloeswas.However, the team executive at that time said, "The notation is too long for'Buffaloes'," so I reduced it by two letters.BuffaloIt became (Buffalo).After resigning from Chiba1962"From now on, not only the director will be a bull, but the whole team will have to be a bull."BuffaloesChanged to (Buffaloes).
Active players who have experience in KintetsuTomotaka SakaguchiOnly.
Title winning player
- Best player
- Best rookie
- Leading batter
- Home run
- Clarence Jones(1974, 1976)
- Charlie Manuel (1979-1980)
- Ralph Bryant (1989, 1993-1994)
- Tuffy Rose(1999, 2001, 2003)
- Norihiro Nakamura(2000)
- Charlie Manuel (1980)
- Jim Traver(1991)
- Ralph Bryant (1993)
- Hiroo Ishii(1994)
- Tuffy Rose(1999, 2002)
- Norihiro Nakamura(2000-2001)
- Stealing king
- Most hits
No applicable person since the title was established (1994).The league's most hitters before the title was established are as follows.
- Masahiro Doi (1964, 1967)
- Yozo Nagabuchi (1969)
- Hiromasa Arai (1987)
- Jim Traber (1990)
- Hiroo Ishii (1993)
- Highest base rate
- Jack Bloom (1963)
- Toru Ogawa(1975)
- Kyosuke Sasaki (1978)
- Shigeru Kurihashi(1980)
- Norihiro Nakamura(2001)
- Most winning points
■ 1981Enacted, abolished from 1989
- Richard Davis(1985)
- Most wins
- Fumio Tanaka(1954)
- Kubo Yasuhiro(1962)
- Suzuki revelation(1969, 1977 --1978)
- Hideyuki Ahano(1989)
- Hideo NomoÖ 1990 - 1993 Õ
- Hideo Koike(1997)
- Jeremy Powell(2002)
- Hisashi Iwakuma(2004)
- Best defense rate
- Yukihiro Kubo (1963)
- Toshihiko Sei (1972)
- Keishi Suzuki (1978)
- Tetsuji Yamaguchi(1979)
- Hideo Nomo (1990)
- Motoyuki Akahori (1992)
- Most strikeout
The applicable persons after the title establishment (1989) are as follows.
- Hideyuki Awano (1989)
- Hideo Nomo (1990 --1993)
- Jeremy Powell (2002)
Applicable persons before the title was established are as follows.
- Keishi Suzuki (1967 --1972, 1974, 1978)
- Hideyuki Awano (1987)
- Best win rate
■ 2001It was abolished in the following year and became the best pitcher from the following year.
- Best pitcher
- Jeremy Powell (2002)
- Hisashi Iwakuma (2004)
- Best Relief Pitcher
- Yoshiaki Ishimoto (1985-1986)
- Yoshii Rihito(1988)
- Motoyuki Akahori(1992-1994, 1996-1997)
- Akifumi Otsuka(1998)
It was not a commendation title, so it's just for reference.1974The following players have become the league's most saved pitchers since then.
- Kojiro SuzukiÖ 1984 - 1985 Õ
- Yoshiaki Ishimoto (1986)
- Motoyuki Akahori (1992-1994)
- Akinori Otsuka (1998)
- Sawamura Prize
- Hideo Nomo (1990)
- Akira Kodama(third baseman: 1960, 1962 ―― 1965)
- Jack Bloom (second baseman: 1962 --1963)
- Takashi Takagi(First baseman1965）
- Masahiro Doi (Outfielder: 1967 --1968)
- Keishi Suzuki (pitcher: 1969, 1975, 1978)
- Yozo Nagabuchi (Outfielder: 1969)
- Clarence Jones (First baseman: 1974)
- Kyosuke Sasaki (Outfielder: 1975, 1978)
- Shigeru Ishiwata(Shortstop: 1977, 1979)
- Masataka Nashida(catcher: 1979 --1981)
- Shigeru Kurihashi (Outfielder: 1979-1980, 1982)
- Charlie Manuel (Nominated batter: 1979 --1980)
- Daijiro Oishi (Second baseman: 1983-1984, 1990)
- Richard Davis (First Baseman: 1985)
- Hiromasa Arai (Outfielder: 1986 --1987)
- Hideyuki Awano (Pitcher: 1989)
- Kazuhiko Yamashita(Catcher: 1989)
- Ralph Bryant (Outfielder: 1989, Designated Hitter: 1993-1994)
- Hideo Nomo (Pitcher: 1990)
- Jim Traber (First Baseman: 1991)
- Hiroo Ishii (First baseman: 1993-1994)
- Norihiro Nakamura(Third baseman: 1996, 1999 --2002)
- Phil Clark(First baseman: 1997 --1998, Designated hitter: 1999)
- Tuffy Rose(Outfielder: 1997, 1999, 2001 --2003)
- Naoyuki Omura(Outfielder: 1998)
- Koichi Isobe(Outfielder: 2001)
- Jeremy Powell (Pitcher: 2002)
- Hisashi Iwakuma (Pitcher: 2004)
Golden Grab Award
- Shuzo Arita(Catcher: 1975-1976)
- Masataka Nashida (Catcher: 1979 --1981, 1983)
- Mitsuyasu Hirano(Outfielder: 1979 --1980)
- Toru Ogawa (First baseman: 1980)
- Koichi Haneda(Third baseman: 1980)
- Daijiro Oishi (Second baseman: 1982 --1984)
- Hiromasa Arai (Outfielder: 1987)
- Hideyuki Awano (Pitcher: 1989)
- Jim Traber (First Baseman: 1991)
- Naoyuki Ohmura (Outfielder: 1998, 2003)
- Norihiro Nakamura (Third baseman: 1999-2002, 2004)
Shotaro Matsutaro Award
- Yukio Nishimoto(1979)
- Perfect match
- Fumio Takechi- 1955May 6,versusDaiei Stars2st match (Osaka Stadium）
- Koichiro Sasaki- 1970May 10,versusNankai Hawks(Osaka)
- No hit no run
- Noboru Yamashita - 1954May 8,versusTakahashi Unions(Chunichi Stadium）
- Keishi Suzuki- 1968May 8,versusToei Flyers(Nissei Stadium）
- Keishi Suzuki- 1971May 9,versusNishitetsu Lions(Nissei)
- Kambe Toshio - 1975May 4, Against Nankai Hawks 2nd match (Fujiidera Stadium）
- Narciso Elvira - 2000May 6,versusSeibu Lions(Osaka Dome）
- Cycle hits
- Mitsuyasu Hirano- 1980May 7,versusHankyu Braves(Nishinomiya Stadium）
- Shigeru Kurihashi- 1985May 5, Against Nankai Hawks (Osaka)
- Kanamura Yoshiaki - 1986July 7, against Hankyu Braves (Nishinomiya)
- Norihiro Nakamura- 1994May 9,versusNippon Ham Fighters(Fujiidera)
- 2000 hits in total
- 200 wins in total
Most record in total
Only those recorded when enrolled in Kintetsu (records when enrolled in other teams are not included in the numbers)
- Match participation --1908 Toru Ogawa
- Winning pitcher-317 Suzuki revelation
- Save-139 Motoyuki Akahori
- Pitching match --703 Keishi Suzuki
- Strikeout --3061 Keishi Suzuki
- Home run-307 Norihiro Nakamura
- RBI-960 Masahiro Doi
- Hits-- 1877 Akira Kodama
- Stolen base-415 Daiishi Oishi
Other team records
- First match 1950March 3, Fujiidera Stadium (against every day, 12-2)
- First victory 1950March 3, Fujiidera Stadium (against Nankai, 13-4)
- 4 league championships (1979-1980, 1989, 2001)
- Japan twice
- A class 22 times (1954, 1969-1972, 1975, 1978-1980, 1982, 1985-1986, 1988-1992, 1994, 1997, 2001-2003)
- B class 33 times (1950-1953, 1955-1968, 1973-1974, 1976-1977, 1981, 1983-1984, 1987, 1993, 1995-1996, 1998-2000, 2004)
- Longest record in consecutive A class 5 years (1988-1992)
- Longest record in B class for 14 years (1955-1968)
- Most wins of the season 78 (2001)
- Minimum defeat of the season 45 (1979)
- Season's highest win rate .622 (1979)
- Minimum victory of the season 29 (1958)
- Most defeats of the season 103 (1961, professional baseball record, only 2020 defeats of the season at the end of the 100 season)
- Season's lowest win rate .238 (1958, when the draw was calculated as 0.5 wins and 0.5 losses, so converted to the current win rate .230)
- Seasonal batting average .290 (1980)
- Most points of the season 791 (1980)
- Most hits of the season 1332 (2001)
- Most doubles of the season 249 (2002)
- The most triples of the season 40 (1953, 1954)
- Most home runs of the season 239 (1980, new record in Japan at the time, now Pacific League record)
- Season's most walks 581 (2001, Japan record)
- Season's most four dead balls 644 (2001, Japan record)
- Most stolen bases of the season 223 (1954)
- Season's most sacrifice fly 52 (1978, Japan record)
- Seasonal ERA 2.66 (1954)
- Seasonal ERA 5.10 (1985)
- Season home runs 200 or more 3 times (Japanese record. 1980, 1985, 2001)
- Maximum consecutive wins 13 (1994July 7, against Lotte-August 26, against Lotte)
- Maximum consecutive losses 13 (1952May 5th, 25st match against Mainichi-June 1th, 6st match against Nishitetsu)
- Most points per game 1 (June 21, 1980, 6st game against Lotte, September 30, 1, against Orix)
- Most goals in one game 1 (September 25, 1985, against Nankai)
- Most hits per game 1 (August 26, 2003, against Nippon-Ham Fighters)
- Most doubles in one game 1 (June 8, 1963, against Toei, October 6, 19, against Hankyu)
- Most triples in one game 1 (May 3, 1984, against Nankai and 5 times)
- Most home runs in one game 1 (July 8, 2003, against Nippon-Ham Fighters)
- Most sacrifice hits in one game 1 (7, against Nankai, Japan record)
- Most stolen bases in one game 1 (July 9, 1954, against every day)
TaiziIs a champion
- 1950-1952: Shozo Fujita [*1]
- 1953-1957: Takeo Akuta [*2]
- 1958: Hisayuki Kato
- 1959-1961: Chiba Shigeru [*3] [*4]
- 1962-1964: Kaoru Bettoto [*5]
- 1965-1966: Yoshiyuki Iwamoto
- 1967: Akira Kodama
- 1968-1970: Mihara
- 1971-1973: Takashi Iwamoto [*6]
- 1974-1981: Yukio Nishimoto
- 1982-1983: Seiji Sekiguchi
- 1984-1987: Isami Okamoto
- 1988-1992: Akira Aoki
- 1993-1995: Suzuki revelation [*7]
- 1996-1999: Kyosuke Sasaki [*8]
- 2000-2004: Masataka Nashida [*9]
- ^ In 1952, he conducted until September 9th, and Takeo Akuta took over the rest of the match.
- ^ In 1957, he conducted until June 6, and Haruo Kato took over for the rest of the match.
- ^ Kintetsu Buffalo from here
- ^ Conducted until June 1959th in 6, until the endYoshikazu HayashiIs acting on your behalf.
- ^ Kintetsu Buffaloes from here
- ^ Conducted until July 1973, 9, the rest of the matchKoji ShimadaIs acting on your behalf.
- ^ Conducted until July 1995, 8, the rest of the matchMizutani MioIs acting on your behalf.
- ^ From here Osaka Kintetsu Buffaloes
- ^ Only August 2002th, 8Mayumi AkinobuIs acting on your behalf.
- 1950-1989 Saeki Isamu
- 1989-1998 Yoshinori Ueyama(Acting owner from 1981 to 1989)
- 1998-2002 Shigeichiro Kanamori
- 2002-2004 Kazu Tashiro
- For the names of successive managers, refer to the item "Changes in team names and results by year".
- 1950 Fujiidera Stadium
- After September 1950-- 9 Osaka Stadium
- 1958-1983 Nippon Life Stadium
- 1984-1996 Fujiidera Stadium
- 1997-2004 Osaka Dome
In addition, although it will be treated as being held in other regions, due to consideration for the Kintetsu line, the following stadiums also held official games as quasi-bases.
- Nagoya area Nagoya Stadium[Note 21](- 1996),Nagoya Dome(1997-1999) about 3-10 games.In the open game, there was also a visitor game with Chunichi, which was originally based.
- Kyoto area Saikyo pole stadium(Currently: Wakasa Stadium Kyoto) (1965-1973: not held in 1968), about 5-10 games.Apart from this, there was also a battle against Kintetsu sponsored by Hankyu, which was also a quasi-base.
- In 1989 and 1990, about 10 games were hosted at Osaka Stadium.
- Remarks about the base
Nippon Life Stadium / Osaka Stadium
- The capacity of the Nissei StadiumJapan Baseball OrganizationBy sponsorshipAll starIt was less than the minimum limit of 3 people when holding the Japan Series, so if it is done under the supervision of Kintetsu (1979, 1980)play offAlso) In addition to using the Osaka Stadium, for all-stars, the times when Kintetsu became the main managerNankai HawksThe holding right was transferred to.However, the 1975 playoffs were held at Fujiidera, and even if it was decided to participate in the Japan Series, Fujiidera was planned to be used.In addition, Kintetsu is responsible for the construction of night game equipment (1958) and spectator seat expansion (1962) at Nippon Life Stadium to host the night game..
- Formally, it was a double franchise of Fujiidera, Osaka Stadium (until 1957) → Nissei (after 1958) (Private stadium(Notifications were also registered in these two places), until 2, Fujiidera was used mainly for Nissei during day games such as Sundays and holidays. Since 1983, about 1984 to 10 games a year have been held at Nissei, mainly at Fujiidera. Even after moving the main to the Osaka Dome in 20, it was registered as a double franchise with Fujiidera until 1997.
- The location of Fujiidera Stadium at the time of the foundation of the baseball team (1950) is "Minamikawachi-gunFujiidera TownWas the only team in NPB that had been based in a "town" rather than a "city".[Note 22].
- 2004Back thenPacific LeagueIt was the only permanent absence, but at the time of the absorption-type merger, Orix had the number one.Mitsutaka GotoHowever, he wanted to continue wearing it, so it disappeared without being taken over (Orix also considered inheriting the permanent absence and confirmed with Suzuki himself, but he said that his permanent absence was based on the record at Kintetsu, and agreed to continue wearing Goto. did).After that, in 2007 and 2008, the directorTerry collinsWore it (Goto changed to No. 24), and Goto wore it again from 2009 when Collins retired, but it became a vacant number in 2014 when he transferred to Rakuten, and he returned from the United States from the 2015 season.Hiroyuki NakajimaAssigned to.In the uniform reprint game, Kintetsu uniforms are created with Orix's normal uniform number, so the 2013-15 uniforms worn in 1999/2004 had "uniform number 1" (uniform number 2013), which was not in the actual Kintetsu era. Goto for home use in 2015 and Nakajima for visitor use in XNUMX) have appeared.
In addition, it is the last director of Kintetsu.Masataka NashidaThe following words are left by.
- "Everyone should be proud to play. All the uniform numbers you have are permanent absences for the Kintetsu Buffaloes."
Sawamura Eiji Prize Winners
- Hideo Nomo : Once (1)
- 1990 eraPreviouslyOutsideThere are many directorsAkira AokiFormer director has no professional experienceShozo FujitaとTakeo AkutaExcluding, with Hisayuki KatoAkira KodamaThere were only two of them.After the treeSuzuki revelation-Kyosuke Sasaki-Masataka NashidaHowever, Nashida became the last coach of Kintetsu due to the disappearance of the team.The director was ordered every year to be "basically centered on young people" (no reinforcement).
- The striking line is "Batting line"(Osaka Dialent..It is called "do it" in common language), and in 2001, when he won the league, he won the championship with a team ERA of 4.98 and a team batting average of .280 and a team home run number of 211, overwhelming other teams. It was.This year is number 3Tuffy RoseAnd number 4Norihiro NakamuraWith 101 home runs and 3-7, 165 home runs were hit and became a hot topic.Rose was the home base hitting king (55 RBIs), Nakamura was the RBI king (132 RBIs), and it was mostly in the 5th place.Koichi IsobeHas a batting average of 1st place (.417) in the scoring position.This year, the director of HanshinKatsuya Nomura"If there was a hit line (in the back) before the poor hit line of my team (Greg HanselIt is also famous that he left a comment saying, "I have won 20 times."1980As mentioned above, the team set a Japanese record for 239 home runs in the season, making the team more aware of the appeal of home runs.Detail is,Batting lineSee.
- Hideo Nomo,Yoshii Rihito,Akinori Otsuka, Norihiro Nakamura,Hisashi IwakumaHas produced many major leaguers.
- In the year of winning the league, there is almost always a tendency for foreign players to mass-produce home runs.In fact, in 55 years from the establishment of the team to its disappearance, there have been four league championships, but during this timeCharlie Maniel(1979) To 37198048),Ralph Bryant(1989 in 49), Rose (200155) have each won the home base hitting king.
- 1970Back and forthNissei StadiumNight game useProfessional baseball organizationIt became a problem, and along the Kintetsu lineMie,AichiFranchise relocation to Aichi Prefecture was also considered, but in Aichi PrefectureChunichi DragonsBecause it is a protected area, I gave up because I could not get permission (however, the official game in Nagoya is treated as a local event1999Was done until.This was due to the fact that it was within the Kintetsu business area and the league situation where there was no PA team in Chukyo).1973The night game construction of Fujiidera Stadium was started in Japan, but it was completed 11 years later due to local opposition.1984I slipped into.
- For the team that has not experienced the best in Japan, it survived for the longest time.As the Pacific League team, which has a lot of trafficking, it ended in history with the same parent company.
- 2004January,HokkaidoMade inWorld Rally Championship(WRC),Rally japanAs "Team Buffaloes Cotton Factory"Peugeot 206I participated in the war, but retired.It was related to the fact that the director Nashida at that time had Peugeot as his favorite car.
- It ’s a team that is very often at the bottom,19502 times since the division of the two leagues.2010ToYokohama Bay StarsWas the worst in both leagues, including the team that disappeared until he renewed the bottom 20 times.
- He has recorded more than 90 losses in five seasons.2010It was the worst record until the Yokohama BayStars hit more than 6 losses in 90 seasons.
- In principle, multi-year contracts for players (especially foreign players) were not allowed by the team.Because of this2003Was the main force of the team during the off-seasonTuffy RhodesBreaks down in negotiationsYomiuri GiantsHas been transferred to.Even before that, he was the driving force behind Kintetsu's first victory.Charlie ManielAgent1980Contract negotiations sometimes broke down due to exorbitant demands on the team during the off-season.[Note 23][Note 24].
- Hokkaido Nippon-Ham FightersBased in 2004Tokyo DomeからSapporo DomeSince moving to Tokyo, the number of cases in which Pacific League baseball teams other than Nippon-Ham fight in the Tokyo Dome has increased, and Kintetsu also existed in 2004, but this year the sponsored match was not organized. The only Pacific League team that has existed since the 21st century did not have a sponsored match at Tokyo Dome.[Note 25].
- Many players were dissatisfied with the constitution of the front desk, which they did not understand in professional baseball.
- Hideo NomoWhen he parked his car in the parking lot of Fujiidera Stadium on the starting day, he was required to move the car because a person from the Kintetsu head office came, and at the contract renewal seat, he said, "I will end up in second place with a fierce battle for victory. Is the best "(see Nomo's section for the reason).
- Kyosuke SasakiWhen he first gathered at the ground after joining the group, he said, "You guysBaseball club playerHe recalls that he had blood in his head.
- "Don moneyNot only the treatment of foreign players in the case, but also the directorMiharaBefore he took office, Kintetsu players moved by train at that time.Third-class car(AfterStandard-sized car)only(Nishitetsu LionsIsSecond class car,AfterGreen carIt can be said that the poor treatment of athletes was traditional because they had already used.
- Kanamura YoshiakiIn his book "Soul in Japan", the 1989 Pacific League championship tripHawaiiIt was a trip of 4 nights and 6 days, but both flights were round tripsEconomy class(Kanamura said to the teambusiness classHowever, the team refused to say, "The business class is full and I can't get a ticket."After the pension village also experienced a victory trip in Seibu, Kintetsu and Seibu said that the victory trip was the same in Hawaii as well..
Changes in uniforms
- 1950 - 1952 When the team was founded, the one for the home had "Pearls" on the chest, and the one for the visitor was a light blue uniform on the chest.GothicThe "KINTETU" logo was added (only in 1952).Gothic "KINTETU"1957Used up to.There are several types of hats such as "K" and "P".
- 1953 Introducing a uniform based on the San Francisco Seals with "Pearls" written on the left chest.At the same time, it became vertical stripes and the team name became Buffalo.1959Used up to.
- 1954 - 1958 One letter "P" on the left chest,Philadelphia PhilliesDesigned with reference to. In 1958, the brim of the hat, undershirt, and stockings turned red (conventional ones were also used in the middle). From 1958, the visitor logo was changed to decorative characters.
- In 1959, the team name was changed to Buffalo at the same time as Chiba became the coach.For home use, a black hat, undershirt, vertical stripes, and sleeve lines have been adopted, and the design has been changed to include the red "Buffalo" chest mark.Changed the typeface of the uniform number for visitors.On the front of the hat, there was a bull mark with gold thread.
- 1960 - 1961 Abolished vertical stripes.Changed team color to black and yellow.Kintetsu's left sleeve for visitorsCompany emblemIs changed to the bull mark.
- 1962 - 1965 The team name is changed to Buffaloes, and the chest logo is changed to "BUFFALOES".A sleeve number is attached.The hat mark is a combination of "K" and "B". The line was changed to black from 1965, and the number moved to the chest.
- 1966 - 1973 Los Angeles DodgersChanged to a uniform based on.At the same time, the logo was changed to cursive "Buffaloes".The upper part of the stockings is dark blue with three white lines, and the lower part is red.
- 1968Than,MiharaFrom the time he took office as the director, the corners of the uniform number and chest number for the home were removed, and it became a round shape.
- 1969 - 1971 The helmet will be a dark blue background with a bull mark.
- 1972The brim of the hat turns orange.
- 1973From the second half, minor changes such as lines on the sleeves and trousers will be made.
- 1974 - 1996 Yukio NishimotoA knit-type beltless uniform has been introduced since he became the director.The raglan sleeves on the sleeves are red, and the neck and sleeves have white lines, creating a round neck pullover style.On the left sleeve, there is a mark that combines flame and bull.Uniform designAtlanta BravesI refer to the one.
- The hat / helmet has a red "B" mark on a dark blue background (the design itself is the same as the one used since 1966.Boston Red Sox(Same typeface as) ・ The brim is red.After that, only the helmet will use the design changed to the bull cow mark (red tsuno, dark blue eyes designed with white edges) (adoption time unknown).
- 1977The mark on the left sleeve becomes a bull mark,DescenteThe comfortable and lightweight mesh material outerwear developed by the company will be used for the first time in the world as a baseball uniform.
- 1978The player's name (in English) is entered above the uniform number, and it changes from beltless to inner belt type.
- 1978From the second half, the background color of the hat is red, the front is white, the side of the white part has a navy blue line, the navy blue "KINTETSU BUFFALOES" logo (arch type), and the three-colored hat with the bull mark.The three-color hatMontreal ExposDesigned with reference to what was adopted by.
- 1997 - 2004 Osaka DomeFull model change at the time of relocation.The design isHiroko KoshinoWorks on.At the same time, the team colors are set to four colors: "Buffaloes White", "Buffaloes Orange", "Buffaloes Navy", and "Buffaloes Red".The design was based on it.
- Hats, undershirts and lines are dark blue.
- 1999The name of the team isOsaka Kintetsu BuffaloesThen, the one for visitors was changed from "Kintetsu" to "Osaka".This was Kintetsu's last uniform.In addition, the 50th anniversary buffy emblem will be placed on the left sleeve (return to the original buffy emblem from the following year).
- Initially, the design of the visitor's jacket was only red[Note 26]..However, when the uniform was completed, the coach Sasaki and the players at that time said, "ToshibaThere were many dissents such as "It looks like a uniform" and "It's not a uniform worn by professionals", and the players refused to change the uniform.[Note 27], Navy blue was added in a hurry to calm the situation.After that, when this uniform was unveiled for the first time on Fan Appreciation Day, fans criticized it as "Taiwan professional baseball (uniform)", and the uniform was not well received until it won the championship.
- Uniforms for visitorsFridayからMondayIs navy blue,TuesdayからThursdayThen it was used properly as red,2000After that, it became only navy blue (initially, "night game is red, day game is navy blue", but it became as above to avoid bias in usage frequency).Therefore, as a result, the red color of the "Osaka" logo is1999Only used.
- Of the successorOrix Buffaloes Of2011At the subsequent old uniform reprint event, the ones from the following eras were reproduced.
- 1966-early 73
- 1974 to 96 years
- 1999-2004 --2013 (Home), 2015 (Visitor Navy Blue), 2019 (Visitor Red)
Transition of the team flag
- 1949: From the "Kintetsu Pearls" era.White circles that imitate pearls are studded on a dark blue background.In the upper left, there is a "KP" kumimoji on a white circle that imitates a pearl oyster.
- 1950 --1958: The KP mark is now surrounded by a circle instead of a pearl oyster.
- 1959 --1981: The nickname of the team became Buffalo, and the bull mark designed by Taro Okamoto appeared.Red on a light blue background with a bull cow mark, and both eyes are dark blue.
- 1982 --1996: The team flag will be red, navy blue, and white tricolor to match the uniform coloring.A white bull mark on a red background (there were two types, one with white eyes and one with navy blue), and below that, "Buffaloes" in white letters on a dark blue background.
- 1997 --2004: With the relocation of the base Osaka Dome, the team flag was also renewed.Navy blue and red are divided into wavy shapes, with a white bull mark in the center and red letters on the upper left, "Buffaloes".
Symbol mark mascot
- symbol mark
- Shigeru Chiba became the director1959In addition, he was a close friend of Chiba according to the new team name of "Buffalo".Taro OkamotoIs the design. Although it was commonly known as the "Burning Cow Mark," it was written as "Tsuno Mark" in the public relations materials of the team.According to Chiba's description, he requested a design fee of 10 yen at a bar in Ginza.After that, the team will be disbanded2004Until then, it continued to be used in team flags and uniforms.There was a "sub-mark" that looked like a side view of the "brute cow mark" that was supposed to be revealed when it was the best in Japan, but it was not released and disappeared with the team.But,2008Around that time, the original picture of the phantom mark was discovered,2010ToTaro Okamoto Memorial HallPublished in.Whereas the conventional bull mark is only the cow's face, this is a figure that captures the whole body of the cow from the side..Seibu LionsActively used the symbol mark and image color ofSeibu GroupUnlike the groupbus,TaxiThere are few examples of putting a bull mark on such things, and it is a shipping companyKintetsu Logistics (currently: Kinbutsu Rex)It was only seen in the vehicles and slips of.Kintetsu Logistics also left the group just before the dissolution of the team, and the bull mark remained on the company's truck, but now it isKBRHas been changed to.
- 1976From the year before the relocation of the Osaka Dome1996A mascot character with the motif of a boy wearing a uniform designed by Yoshio Shirakawa.As a design for a boy wearing a Kintetsu baseball cap / uniform, wearing ASICS spikes, holding a bat and grab, and raising one leg., Including face-only designPet markAppeared as.The initial design lacked one finger on the right hand holding the bat, but was later adapted.Kigurumi was also made and appeared on Fan Appreciation Day.Because it resembles this mascot,Norihiro NakamuraIt has also become a nickname for.2011Buffalo's illustration was used when the starting lineup was announced at "LEGEND OF Bs 8 ~ Revived Golden 2011's ~" by Orix Buffaloes held in August.Before the appearance of Mr. Buffer, he used a mascot of a bull that rushed with his nose.1975On the face of the commemorative ticket for the Kintetsu Railway, which won the late victoryYukio NishimotoIt is printed with the director's face.
- Buffy Reed
- After relocating the headquarters to Osaka Dome, from the 1997 season, "Tom and jerry""The Flintstones of the Primitive FamilyAnd so onAmerica OfHannah Barbera ProductionsHas appeared as a group of mascot characters centered on "Buffy Reed" who was in charge of character design...The following four bodies were enacted as pleasant friends living in the fantasy world of dreams and adventures "Buffalo Valley", and a medieval European-style plain clothes design and a uniform design only for Buffy Reed were set.After that, "Caperot" and "Barbaroque" were discontinued in the 2000 season.
- Character costume creation and chargeAkashiya Sanma,Morning OkitaLip Co., Ltd.
- Buffie-Lead --Jersey number 100, hero.He is a super player who is good at hitting, running, and defending, and has a bright, humorous and friendly personality, and also demonstrates leadership when difficulties occur.The name will be decided by open call for participants.
- Falulu-Rena --Jersey number 200, girl character.A personality that doesn't feel pretentious and says things without sarcasm.2000After that, changed to a uniform (one piece and belt).
- BALBAROCK --Large male character.A man of justice with a strong, boss-like personality and a chivalry spirit.
- CAPELOT --Children's character.A friendly and laid-back person with a charming personality.
- Due to the merger of the teams, each character also retired, but only Buffy ReedORIX HeadquartersTrademark right transferred to, First appeared in the reprint event in 2013, and also appeared in the reprint event in 2019.Other characters are owned by the Kintetsu head office until the renewal deadline.
- After the launch of the merged team "Orix Buffaloes", the team mascot was continuously thrown by the Orix team Neppy Lipsey until the 2010 season, but in January 2011 the mascot was renewed with the uniform and the "cow mascot" was released for the first time in 1 years. Resurrection.Later, a boy called "Buffalo Bull(BuffaloBULL), the girl said "Buffalo bellIt was named (BuffaloBELL).He played with Buffy Reed when he revived at the uniform reprint event in June 2013.The uniform number is 6, which is the same as that of Neppy Lipsey.Detail isTeam itemsSee.
- The basic support call for the batter was "Kattobase, XX (player name)! XX (opposite team) defeat, oh!".This style was adopted not only by Kintetsu but also by most teams until the 1980s, but since the 1990s it has been decreasing year by year, and finally it is only used by Kintetsu.On the other hand, Kintetsu went through this style until the team was disbanded (By the way, the one who is currently using this cheering call isHokkaido Nippon-Ham FightersとFukuoka Softbank Hawksso,Yomiuri GiantsOnly sponsored games).
- Until the middle of 98, the call before playing the cheering song was "~~ ○○ (surprise explosive Norihiro, sharp hitting Isobe, agile and splendid Muto, etc.)" x 3 once or twice, and then "○" ○! (○○!) ○○! (○○!) ○○ (○○!) ”, A player-specific cheering song, and from the middle of 1,“ ～～ ○○ ”× 2 will immediately perform a cheering song. Changed to.
- When the team is disbanded,Ramenbo ShogunI (I () based on the opening theme of1995 -), Dancing with a towel muffler II (2000 -), III with two types of lyrics (2-), IV used in behind scenes (-)2002 -), V used at the time of big inning (2003 -) And 5 types of chance themes exist. After III, the titles were "Dancing cow", "Laughing cow" (above III), "Red ox" (IV), and "Pani cow" (V). ).
- The aboveRamenbo ShogunThe theme isJessie ReidIt was also sung as a cheering song for (1991-1992 enrolled).
- Ralph Bryant(Enrolled from the middle of 1988 to 1995) The cheering song is "Kamen Rider V3] Is the original song.
- The theme at the time of chance, for a long time8 o'clock! Everyone gathered』Opening theme was used.After moving to the dome, this song became a base theme other than hits, and in the case of hits, XNUMXHelloweenI used "Guardians" from.
- Jet balloonsWas unified to the team color red.
- Fujiidera StadiumBecause it was adjacent to a residential area, cheering with noise was prohibited, and we took a cheering style with only a megaphone and voice.[Note 28].
- 1985 Japan Series(Hanshin vs. Seibu)Koshien StadiumThe Kintetsu cheering squad offered to cooperate and cheered together because there would be few cheering squads on the Seibu side.
Main team songs / cheering songs
- Osaka Kintetsu Buffaloes Song(Old title: Kintetsu Buffaloes song) (Lyrics:Iku Takenaka, Composition:Mt. Yoneyama Masao, Song: Cool Bonnard)
- Flame Ero! Kintetsu Buffaloes (Lyrics:Nishizawa Sou, Composition: Isamu Shiroga)
- Dream & Power (Lyrics / Composer: Seiji Okada, Song: Yesman Boogie Band Featuring JUN)
- RED de HUSTLE (Lyrics: Kiyusama ☆ Wakalf, Composition: Papa Daisuke, Song:Yukari Ohnishi and the New World）
Three army concept
19678, Kintetsu conducted a newcomer audition (enrollment test) with the intention of forming three armies in the future from the perspective of training young people, apart from the previous 1st and 2nd armies.First, 3 people applied for the interview and document screening.We narrowed down to 98 people from among them, and conducted a second screening by practical skills at Fujiidera Stadium for 24 days. With the teaming of three armies in mind, I tried to acquire about a dozen people.
"Giants are weaker than Lotte"
Naming rights problem
2004 OfキャンプImminent entryMay 1, Kintetsu Buffalo2005After that, the team name will be sold to a third party.Naming rightsIt was revealed that it would carry out the business.BasicsponsorThe annual fee will be 36 billion yen and will be increased or decreased according to the results, and the sponsor will be the team name anduniform,StadiumIt is said that it is possible to post advertisements on.The idea was to show the idea that in order to make a baseball team familiar to the citizens, it would not be possible to move forward by relying solely on the baseball team itself. It is against the baseball agreement and is not accepted. "In particular, it was said that remarks had a great influence on the trends in the ball world.Yomiuri GiantsOwner ・Tsuneo WatanabeThere was a fierce opposition, and there was no prospect of obtaining the consent of the owners' meeting necessary for changing the name of the team.May 2Announced that the policy will be withdrawn.
The prewar Great Tokyo Army sold the naming rightsLion toothpasteWas born with the sponsorLion army(Autumn 1937--1940), postwar Pacific League team Takahashi Unions sponsored Tombow PencilDragonfly unions(1955 years),Seibu LionsPacific Club Lions (1973-1976) and Crown Writer Lions (1977-1978)[Note 29],Lotte Orions(1969-owned by Nagayoshi Nakamura in 1970. Officially transferred to Lotte from 1971 Daigo).In the case of Kintetsu, it was mentioned as a company to sell naming rights.consumer loan OfAcomTherefore, it was cited as one of the reasons why it was not recognized from the aspect of influence on adolescents.[Note 30]..Since the sale of Kintetsu naming rights was not approved, there are voices saying that "the disappearance of the Kintetsu team has become unavoidable at this point."By the time the merger problem became more serious, some people in the ball world said, "From now on, the approval of naming rights was the best soft landing."
Past merger plan
2004Kintetsu disappeared due to the merger with Orix, but before that, a merger with another team had been planned.1965The owner at that time was offSaeki Isamu Hiroshima CarpOwner ・Tsuneji MatsudaSecretly met and proposed a merger.In Saiki's plan,
- Kintetsu and Hiroshima merged
- HomeHiroshimaHiroshima cityPlace it onSE LeagueBe affiliated
- The team office, front desk and leaders will be decided after consultation with both owners, and the new leaders will select 50 players.
- The capital isKinki Nippon RailwayAnd the investor of the Hiroshima baseball team (Toyo KogyoAnd the Matsuda family, the founder of the company, individual shareholders such as team officers, etc.)[Note 31]Half and half
- The team nickname is open to the public
However, Matsuda has long revised the distribution system for net profits (1952After the franchise system, all the profits earned from holding the game belonged to the home team, but it will be returned to the distribution of home 1 and visitor 7 in the 3st league era).・Ryuji SuzukiI refused Saeki's proposal, partly because I had offered to.
Phantom relocation plan
The transition of the base is as described above, but there were other relocation plans as follows.
- In the 1960s, it planned to move to Nagoya, the eastern end of Kintetsu Railway, but Aichi Prefecture is a protected area.Chunichi DragonsIt didn't happen because of the opposite.But,Nagoya Stadiumas well as the Nagoya DomeUntil the latter half of the 1990s, it held games hosted by several years (however, it also withdrew in a few years due to the extreme drop in spectator mobilization after the relocation of Nagoya Dome).
- In the 1970sYukio Nishimoto Saeki IsamuTo the owner, along the Kintetsu lineHanazono Rugby FieldWhen he recommended that the surrounding area be improved, a baseball stadium be built, and the base be relocated, he was told that it would be difficult for the Kintetsu Group to build it alone, saying, "I think it will cost (money)." That is.After that, at the time of the Fujiidera night game problem in the early 1980s, it was the location of the rugby field.Higashi Osaka CityWas reported to have accepted and invested in the construction cost of the stadium, but it disappeared when the plan to install night game equipment at Fujiidera was finalized.The area around this Hanazono Rugby Stadium was later managed by Higashi Osaka City.Hanazono Central ParkThe baseball stadium "Hanazono Central Stadium" was also built. In 2013Orix 2 ArmyIs holding a main game.
Regarding broadcasting rights, Asahi Broadcasting Corporation (currently Asahi Broadcasting Television and Asahi Broadcasting Radio) has priority, etc.Hanshin TigersIs almost the same as.
- NHK professional baseball(NHK Osaka Broadcasting Station）
- THE BASEBALL baseball fierce fight(MBS TV）
- Super baseball(Asahi Broadcasting TV）
- Hot Chu! Professional Baseball 2004(Kansai TV, "Professional baseball broadcast 2004" at Kansai local time)
- 1 ball tension THE LIVE 2004(Yomiuri Television）
- Fujiidera Buffaloes Hour(TV Osaka）
- Kintetsu Excite Hour(KBS Kyoto）
- Satellite stadium(Sky A..In-house production, Asahi Broadcasting TV production, KBS Kyoto production mixed)
- ^ Merged with Orions every dayDaiei Daiei (Daigo) OrionsAs a result, the team organization / legal personality and various records were kept on the daily side, but this merger is apparentlyEqual mergerIn the form, the actual situation of the organization is that the Daiei side absorbs the side every day but takes the initiative in management.Upside down mergerTherefore, the actual situation is completely different from the case of the main team, which is in the form of an absorption-type merger in both name and reality and whose management rights are completely transferred to ORIX.
- ^ 1938, Established as the South Navy. With the separation of the former Nankai from Kintetsu in May 1947, the operation of the team will also be Nankai.
- ^ Second armyBut,Western leagueThe1995Even though he won the championship only once, he could not achieve the number one in Japan for the second army.In addition, Rakuten2013Since he won the Japan Series in Japan, all 12 existing teams as of the same year have experienced the best in Japan.In addition, as an extinct team that has advanced to the Japan Series but has become the best in Japan,1950 OfShochiku Robins(1953ToOcean WhalesIt merged with Shochiku Robins on an equal footing with "Ocean Shochiku Robins", but since Shochiku withdrew from the team management the following year, it was changed to independent management by the ocean fishery, so it was treated as an extinct team after that) There is.
- ^ At the bottom is Daiei, which merged with Mainichi off this year.
- ^ The team has the most wins and 26 losses is the league's most defeat.
- ^ League worst in each year.
- ^ The "Professional Baseball Record Encyclopedia" says that the game is behind by one game, but it is actually two games behind..
- ^ この時点での成績は、近鉄が72勝48敗6分（勝率.600）、阪急が73勝49敗4分（勝率.598）で、近鉄は2勝で優勝となるのに対し、阪急は2勝1分以上が条件だった（当時の新聞縮刷版による）。
- ^ Kintetsu before taking office as Seibu was the first year of Seibu's founding.1979In the first year of his inauguration1988Until you win1986Except for Thailand, all of them lost, and the compatibility was not good.
- ^ With 251 home runs, this is also a new record for Nippon Professional Baseball.
- ^ At that time, there was a rule that if the match time exceeded 4 hours, you would not be able to enter a new inning.
- ^ Orient Reese (currently:Oryx) Also announced that it would acquire Hankyu.
- ^ 1 consecutive home runs to hit all the RBIs in the 3st game and 2 consecutive home runs with a walk in the 4nd game
- ^ In 1979 and 1980, night game equipment was not developed and it was held at Osaka Stadium.
- ^ It is said that the giant player got angry and got angry and won four consecutive victories in response to Kato's remark.Detail isSee here.
- ^ At this time, the competitors were Daiei, Hanshin, Orix, Ocean, Lotte, Nippon-Ham, and Yakult.
- ^ For details, see "Hideo Nomo leaves KintetsuSee.
- ^ KintetsuHanshin Namba LineIt was March 2009 after the disappearance of the Kintetsu Buffalo Team that I came to Dome-mae Station, which is the closest station to Osaka Dome.Also, the closest station to Kintetsu's jurisdiction station is Osaka Dome (currently Kyocera Dome Osaka).Osaka Namba Station(The old station name is Kintetsu Namba Station).
- ^ In 2001Katsuhiko MaekawaKintetsu didn't have a double-digit win pitcher until he won 12 wins.
- ^ No alternative event was held for this cancellation.
- ^ The name from the opening to 1975 is "China-Japan Stadium".
- ^ In the case of the NPB baseball team whose base was not "city", the Hanshin Tigers (then called "Osaka Tigers") until March 1951, 3.HyogoMuko-gunNaruo VillageThere is a case that it was based in.
- ^ After all, Manuel decided to release the directorHirooka TatsuroからShiro TakegamiBecause it had changed to, the next1981He returned to Yakult, but retired from active duty for the same year due to the rapid decline.
- ^ In the case of foreign players, most of the cases are basically left to the agent to negotiate, so many exorbitant requests come from the agent side.
- ^ On the other hand, it was treated as a visitor, and in 2004, it was against Nippon-Ham and against Japan.DaieiThe match was held.Also,All star gamesGames held by the Pacific League as homeUS-Japan baseball(The Japanese national team of ALL STAR SERIES in the 1990s and 2000s is nowSAMURAI JAPANIt was not an internationalized game like this, but a game like an all-star game in which each team wears a uniform), and in a game treated as a home, it was seen wearing a home uniform.
- ^ This is because Koshino, who was in charge of the design, investigated the image color of Buffaloes in advance, and most of the opinions were "red".
- ^ Around this time, "Weekly baseballWhen the magazine interviewed Koshino, Koshino said, "It's a uniform I made, so it's decided who will look good on it.An article was published, which made it look like it was pouring oil on the fire of disagreement.
- ^ There are some exceptions, such as using the trumpet late in the match in the final round of 1999.
- ^ Nakamura NagayoshiLed by the ownerFukuoka baseballIs the management body.
- ^ As a company, Acom was also actively engaged in social welfare activities including youth, cultural and art support activities, and financial enlightenment activities such as financial education at universities.
- ^ At that time, the Hiroshima baseball teamHiroshima Electric Railway-Chinese newspaperMajor companies in the prefecture also invested, but it is unknown whether they were also investing in the merged team.
- ^ Farewell 2004, p. 52.
- ^ Kintetsu Railway 2010, p. 783.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k Baseball history 2012, pp. 36 --37.
- ^ Ryuji Suzuki"Fifty Years with Professional Baseball, My Professional Baseball Memoirs," Tsunebunsha <Koubunsha Shinsho>, 1984, p. 308.ISBN 4770405936.
- ^ a b Farewell 2004, p. 44.
- ^ 1952 Pacific League Japan Baseball Organization
- ^ Tetsuya Usami 1993, p. 41.
- ^ a b Farewell 2004, p. 49.
- ^ a b Tetsuya Usami 1993, p. 714.
- ^ a b Farewell 2004, p. 45.
- ^ The registered name was changed to "Hisayuki Kato" at the same time as the director took office.
- ^ Tetsuya Usami 1993, p. 53.
- ^ Tetsuya Usami 1993, p. 55.
- ^ Tetsuya Usami 1993, p. 59.
- ^ a b c Tetsuya Usami 1993, pp. 53 --59.
- ^ Farewell 2004, pp. 50 --51.
- ^ Baseball history 2012, p. 39. In the December 2011, 12 issue of "Weekly Baseball", "I'm forgiving Yasumitsu Toyoda!"Yasumitsu ToyotaStated as a story heard from Chiba.
- ^ That day, that time, when a professional baseball legend talksSankei Shimbun Publishing, P159, 2015
- ^ a b Kintetsu Railway 2010, p. 319.
- ^ The source of the description of this year isFarewell 2004, p. 53.
- ^ The source of the description of this year isFarewell 2004, p. 53.
- ^ Baseball history 2012, p. 41.
- ^ "Nankai Hawks Forty Year History", edited by Nankai Hawks, Nankai Hawks, 1978, pp. 229-231.
- ^ Farewell 2004, p. 53.
- ^ Goodbye 2004, p. 94.
- ^ a b c Tetsuya Usami 1993, p. 83.
- ^ Farewell 2004, p. 78.
- ^ The source so far this year is"A special non-fiction dedicated to the Kintetsu Buffaloes era" Tragedy Team "! 』Osaka Buffaloes Study Group ed.East Press<East Press Nonfiction>, 2004, p. 142.ISBN 4872575040.
- ^ Tetsuya Usami 1993, p. 571.
- ^ "Enthusiastic fight!Professional baseball thirty-third game "Sports Graphic Number Hen,Bungeishunjusha〈Bunharu Bunko Visual Version>, 1992, pp. 146-152.ISBN 4168108139.
- ^ a b c "Nippon Professional Baseball Record Encyclopedia 2004", edited by Nippon Professional Baseball Organization, etc., Nippon Professional Baseball Organization, p. 2175.ISBN 4583038046.
- ^ a b Goodbye 2004, p. 95.
- ^ Tetsuya Usami 1993, p. 1078.
- ^ Tetsuya Usami 1993, p. 111.
- ^ Unless otherwise specified, the source of this section is"Mainichi Shimbun reduced edition November 1988"Mainichi Shimbun, 1988, 753 pages.
- ^ The source so far this year isWeekly Baseball, October 2013, 10, Baseball Magazine, 7, pp. 2013-24.
- ^ a b Farewell 2004, p. 94.
- ^ "[April 4] 8 (Heisei 1997) The base opens due to the rain of grace Osaka Dome No. 9 is Takahisa Suzuki”. Sports Nippon (May 2012, 4). 2015/11/10Browse.
- ^ a b Kintetsu Railway 2010, pp. 500 --501.
- ^ "Growing up from the predicament.Yuji Yoshioka has grown brilliantly this summer.”. Osaka Kintetsu Official Website (Internet Archive). As of June 2001, 6オ リ ジ ナ ルMore archives.2015/8/20Browse.
- ^ a b c Farewell 2004, p. 31.
- ^ The source of the description so far this year is"Baseball magazineNovember 2011, Baseball Magazine, 11, p. 2011.
- ^ He lost to Lotte from the following year until 2004, when the team disappeared.
- ^ "[August 16] 2002 (Heisei 14) Magic lighting in the best reversal play in Seibu baseball history". Sports Nippon (September 2010, 8). 2020/3/15Browse.
- ^ Unless otherwise specified, the source of this section isBaseball Magazine, Winter 2005, Baseball Magazine, 2005, pp. 50, 129-136.
- ^ Asahi Shimbun Sports Club "Two days when professional baseball disappeared"Asahi Shimbun, 2004, 30 pages.
- ^ Farewell 2004, pp. 42 --43.
- ^ "[September 9] 27 (Heisei 2004) Farewell Kintetsu Last Game will merge Orix". Sports Nippon (September 2007, 9). 2012/9/12Browse.
- ^ "History of Nippon Professional Baseball seen in photos Pacific League Edition-1950-2014 80th Anniversary of Professional Baseball Complete Preservation (BB MOOK 1087)"Baseball magazine company: 2004) P107 --P112.ISBN-978 4583621647
- ^ Weekly Baseball, May 2012, 5, Baseball Magazine, 28, p. 2012.
- ^ "Impressive Trajectory Osaka Kintetsu Buffaloes 50th Anniversary Magazine" Osaka Kintetsu Buffaloes Edition, Osaka Kintetsu Buffaloes, 2000,[Page number required].
- ^ The final game of Kintetsu's home that disappears.Matsuzaka and Nakamura hugged each other and the players cried. --Sportiva (November 2019, 11)
- ^ "The man who lived in the Pacific League Yukio Nishimoto, the master of luck" 2005, Pia, p.14 ~ 15
- ^ Yoshiaki Kanemura "Soul in Japan"Kodansha, 2000,[Page number required].ISBN 4062103494.
- ^ "Exhibiting the phantom bull mark designed by Taro Okamoto in Minami Aoyama". Asahi Shimbun digital (Asahi Shimbun). (November 2010, 1) 2015/11/10Browse.
- ^ "Autobiographical" profile --Tannen Kobo
- ^ a b c d e f '97 Kintetsu Buffaloes Supporters Handbook-Kintetsu Buffaloes (March 1997)
- ^ Trademark application / registration information Registration 4165094 BUFFIE-LEAD -J-PlatPat
- ^ The three armies also have historyA blog where you can write as much as you like.2015May 1article.
- ^ Aoki Ichizo"The Truth About the Acquisition of the Daiei / Orix Team," Bookman, 1989, pp. 107-108.ISBN 4893081055.
- Tetsuya Usami"Professional baseball record encyclopedia"Kodansha, 1993.ISBN 4062061082.
- "Farewell Osaka Kintetsu Buffaloes Thank you for your hot heart baseball"Baseball magazine company<Weekly Baseball Separate Volume Winter Issue>, 2004.
- "Goodbye Kintetsu Buffaloes"Nikkan Sports Publisher<Nikkan Sports Graph>, 2004.ISBN 4817252413.
- Matao Miyamoto (supervised) "Ayumi of 100 Years of Kintetsu Railway 1910 --2010" edited by Kintetsu Railway Secretary and Public Relations Department (Corporate History Compilation Team),Kinki Nippon Railway, 2010.
- "Kintetsu Buffaloes Baseball Team History 1950-2004" Baseball Magazine, Inc. <MMBOOK>, 2012.ISBN 9784583618692.
- List of professional baseball teams
- OSAKA Classic
- List of local stadiums for games hosted by Osaka Kintetsu Buffaloes
- Hanazono Central Park ――There was a plan to develop a baseball field here and make it the home of Kintetsu Railway.
- Kintetsu Buffaloes Nighter(Radio Osaka）
- Kintetsu Buffaloes Hour(ABC Radio）
- Masayuki Sano --Sports writer.I changed from the Kintetsu cheering squad leader.
- Osaka Red Beef Society
- Takafumi Horie -YuanLive doorCEO.At the time of the announcement of the merger, the acquisition will be planned.
- Hiroshi Mikitani - Rakuten GroupCEO.Like Horie, when the merger is announced, it will be acquired.
- Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles
- Kintetsu Liners ――There was a time when Kintetsu was initially calling itself "Buffaloes" in the symbol sports club, which is focusing on baseball.Even nowJapan Rugby Top LeagueActive in.
- Club Ox Kawasaki AFC --The predecessorKintetsu Express OfAmerican FootballIt was the club "Kintetsu Buffaloes", but there was no particular interaction.
- 06BULLS --Kansai Independent League (First generationand2 generation) Belonging to the team.The team name "BULLS" is the founder and first director.Takayuki MurakamiIs derived from the fact that was a Kintetsu OB (reference external link:06BULLS Takayuki Murakami General Director Independent Long Interview --Higashi Osaka Virtual City (October 2011, 10))
- Yokohama Flugels(Professional soccer team that disappeared in the form of a merger in 1998)
- Buffalo Goro