Gold medal Kiyuna, there was a time when he couldn't win ... The quest for "genius of effort"
If you write the contents roughly
19 Premier League wins were recognized as Guinness World Records, and he scored a perfect 20 at the Premier League Paris tournament in January 1.
Make the teacher describe it as a "genius of effort".The karate road was never flat. At the age of 5, I put my sleeves on my dogi. ... → Continue reading
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Guinness World Records
Guinness World Records(Guinness World Records,British: Guinness World Records) OrGuinness World RecordsIs "The best in the worldTo collectBookAnd the best in the worldRecordContinue to be certified according to fair standards (rules) called "guidelines"組織But also.
Various records have been applied to "Guinness World Records" from all over the world, and the world's greatest achievements and surprises in various fields are "certified rules" under "certified categories". Officially certified as the best in the world.In Japan, there is a Japanese branch office named "Guinness World Records Japan".
A well-recognized book is published every September and contains what is the best in the world in various fields.2000 Until the edition, it was published as "The Guinness Book of Records", which was abbreviated as "The Guinness Book of Records".Guinness BookWas called.Due to changes in publishers2002 The edition is "Guinness World Records"2004 After the edition, "Guinness World RecordsHas been renamed to.The book does not contain all the records certified that year,Official WebsiteAll records are posted inSearch pageIs also available.
The book "Guinness World Records" is "1978 May 6According to The Bestseller magazineThe United KingdomPubliclibraryThe most stolen book in Japan ", "World's bestseller (current copyright exists)" Was certified as a Guinness World Record by himself. As of 2014, it has been certified by the Guinness World Records as the "best-selling annual book"... As of 2019, it has been translated into 40 languages and sold in more than 100 countries, with a cumulative circulation of over 1 million..
The brand awareness of "Guinness World Records" is 97%, the number of viewers of TV programs related to the Guinness World Records in 2018 is more than 7 million annually, the number of access to the official website is more than 5,000 million annually, 2,100YouTubeThe total number of views on the official channel is over 3 million, and the number of SNS fans and followers isFacebookOver 1,830 million peopleInstagramOver 350 million peopleTikTokOver 910 million peopleTwitterOver 27.5 million peopleSnapchatRecord over 460 million people.
Issuance of Guinness World Recordsアイルランド OfbeerCompanyGuinness BreweryHugh Beaver, who was the CEO ofアイルランドへhuntingOf the hunted prey, the fastest flying bird in EuropeEuropean golden ploverとGrouseIt was a debate about either, and it was hard to come to a conclusion, so I thought that if there was a book that collected and posted these things, it would be popular.UKでResearchNorris McWalter and Ross McWalter, who were in the business, were asked to investigate and publish.1955 The first edition of "Guinness Book of Records" was released in Japan.2000 Independent of Guinness Brewery, the title was changed to "Guinness World Records".
To be certified as Guinness World Records, before you challenge the record, Official Website It is necessary to apply for a record challenge from.For applications from JapanGuinness World Records Japan website From, write your address, name, phone number, record contents, challenge method, reason, challenge date, etc.There are two types of individual applications: "free service" and paid "priority service".In the case of a free application, it takes about 2 months to respond, while if you use the priority service, you will be contacted in about 3 business days.When an organization applies, there is an application method called "corporate application", and you can consult about the challenge record category.The use of paid services does not affect the examination of the application contents.
If the application is approved, Guinness World Records will send you the necessary documents such as "guidelines" that describe the rules for the record challenge.After that, the content of the challenge to record is recorded in an easy-to-understand manner with photos, videos, documents, etc., and it is sent to Guinness World Records by email or mail.You can also ask an official certified person to come to the record challenge However, the cost of dispatching, traveling, and accommodation will be borne by the challenger.Currently, there are several officially certified members stationed at Guinness World Records Japan.In Japan, it is relatively easy to request an on-the-spot examination and know the result immediately after the challenge...After that, if the record is approved, the certificate will be delivered from Guinness World Records.In addition, it is the same as the paid application that the strict examination criteria are not changed by calling an official certified person.
About 6 Guinness World Records every yearDue to the number of applications, only a few are accepted as new record categories in terms of the total number of applications.If you apply for free, it will take some time to receive a reply, but Guinness World Records will always send a reply to the applicant.In addition, although the application is originally supposed to be done by the person who achieved it, there are exceptions, for example.Saori YoshidaThe certification for the achievements (record of consecutive wins in the Olympics and world championships) was not an application by Yoshida himself, but a work from the Guinness World Records side.
Criteria for certification / registration of records
The records management department of Guinness World Records will determine the certification and registration of the applied records.To be recognized as a new record category, the following criteria must be met at a minimum.
- Proof of record achievement
- Being able to quantify records
- The record may be broken in the future
Records that are limited to a country or region or that are too special may be rejected.
In addition, if it is judged that the application content is as follows, it will not be accepted.
- The content of the application puts the challenger, the audience, and the people around him at great risk.
- Those that are judged not worth challenging the record by anyone other than the applicant
Records not currently accepted as a record category
The Guinness World Records has also dealt with records of social and human rights issues, ethically and morally problematic acts, and content that involves extremely dangerous and life-threatening acts, but does not take any responsibility for the record challenge. There are also records that have not been accepted, including that.
Here are some examples of records that were certified in the past but are no longer certified.
- highestIQRecord of
- 1980s,Marilyn Boss SavantWas certified as the best in the world by IQ228.However, it is difficult to measure extremely high IQ and it is not credible, and it is meaningless to certify a record of high IQ.High IQ records have not been certified since the 1990 edition.
- Youngest childbirth record
- Lina MedinaThe childbirth at 5 years, 7 months and 21 days was certified as the "youngest childbirth record", but it is not currently certified.The reason is not stated, but for girlsrapeThat can inducehuman rightsIt is thought to be medically very dangerous and life-threatening because it causes problems.
- insomniaRecord of
- Sleep records are no longer certified, as not sleeping for long periods of time can be detrimental to health and life-threatening.
- Record of the fastest instrumental performance (Violin,guitar,ピ ア ノSuch)
- Because it is difficult to judge the accuracy based on the score.
- Records by age
- To emphasize the absolute record for all humankind and not to specify the age group of the challenger.
Guinness World Records in Japan
Japanese version of the book
The Japanese version is1966 Published under the title "This is the best book in the world to understand anything".1971 Was also published by Takeuchi Bookstore under the Japanese title "Encyclopedia of Records World No. XNUMX".1975 から1976 IsKodanshaWas published under the Japanese title of "The World's No. XNUMX World".
The Japanese translation released under the title of "Guinness Book of Records" is1977 The first one from Kodansha, from the company1988 Even the edition was published.1984 As for the edition, in addition to the main book, "Guinness Book of Records Junior Edition" was published.1983 From the edition to the 1988 edition, "Japanese Records" was introduced as a special item.This item is a compilation of Japanese records collected by Kodansha editorial staff at that time from a unique perspective and world records that Guinness World Records did not recognize as "items that do not have universality in a specific area" in the original language (English). ) Corresponds to the "British No. XNUMX Record" recorded in the edition.
1989 The edition was published under the title of "Guinness Book of Records".
1993 From the edition, it was published by Kiko Shobo (currently Kiko Shobo) under the title of "Guinness Book of Records".2002 The version (only this version has the title "Guinness World Records") was finally discontinued.
2003 The edition is not published in Japan2004 From the edition2008 Until the editionPoplar companyPublished under the title of "Guinness World Records".The feature of Poplar's version is that it uses a lot of color photographs to attract children's interest, and the number of pages and the number of items posted are a little small... The 2005 edition is "50th Anniversary Special Edition", which includes space development and100m runSpecial pages such as records are posted.
2009 Plate and2010 EditionSesame booksPublished under the title of "Guinness World Records". In addition to the main book, the 2009 edition can be read with "Guinness World Records 2009 JAPAN", which collects information on Japanese record holders, "Guinness World Records Test" to become a world record master, and hiragana for 3 to 7 years old. Published "Guinness World Records 2009 Kids".
2011 From the edition, Kadokawa Marketing (→Kadokawa Magazines→Kadokawa ASCII Research Institute) Has acquired the publishing right and has published a Japanese version under the title of "Guinness World Records".
2014 From the edition, Goma Books publishes "Guinness World Records Gaiden" in addition to the main book.
Guinness World Records Museum TOKYO
2005 March 8Tokyo TowerGuinness World Records Museum TOKYO, a museum that collects Guinness World Records, opens on the 3rd floor of Foot Town..The first Honorary Director was registered in the Guinness World Records as "the oldest record in the world to climb Everest"Yuichiro MiuraWas appointed.
Report on NHK
Japan Broadcasting Corporation OfNHK NewsAnd on the showPublic broadcastingDue to the nature ofTrade name and product nameWhen introducing the "Guinness World Records" so as not to advertise or promote, "World Records" "Book that collects the best records in the world"However, from 2009, it was introduced using the proper noun of "Guinness World Records" in the program..
- Guinness World Records is headquartered in the United KingdomUK.
- Offices other than the head officeAmerica Ofニ ュ ー ヨ ー ク,Japan OfTokyo,Chugoku OfBeijing,UAE OfDubaiIt is placed in 4 places.
Guinness World Records Day
Every year in mid-November, there is "Guinness World Records Day" set by Guinness World Records, and on this day, big events to set world records are held at the same time.
- ^ http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/corporate/about_us_5.aspx
- ^ http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/corporate/contact_us.aspx
- ^ Japanese version "Guinness Book of Records 79", p. 429.
- ^ 1988, Japanese version (Kodansha)Than
- ^ Japanese version of "Guinness World Records 2015", p. 173.
- ^ What is the Guinness World Records?
- ^ What is the Guinness World Records?
- ^ a b Detective!Night Scoop Year Forgotten Fan Thanksgiving 2016 --goo TV program (Kansai version), December 2016, 12
- ^ In the aforementioned "Detective! Night Scoop Year Forgotten Fan Thanksgiving 2016", a Japanese woman appeared as an official certified member.
- ^ What is the Guinness World Records?
- ^ Reasons why the application is rejectedSee also
- ^ Knight, Sam (April 2009, 4). “Is a high IQ a burden as much as a blessing?”. Financial Times (Financial Times Ltd) October 2018th, 3Browse.
- ^ According to the 1988 Japanese version (Kodansha)'s "From the Japanese version editorial department" (equivalent to the introduction), even in the era of Kodansha's publication, minor sports that are not very familiar in Japan are omitted from the Japanese version. There was something
- ^ "Guinness World Records Material Exhibition / New Famous Place in Tokyo Tower". Shikoku Shimbun(July 2005, 8) October 2012th, 8Browse.
- ^ "The late Shotaro Ishinomori is appointed as the Honorary Director of the Guinness World Records Museum". Tokyo Walker(July 2008, 10) October 2021th, 9Browse.
- ^ "* Important notice *”. Guinness World Records Museum Official Blog (August 2010, 8). October 2012th, 8Browse.
- ^ ◆ Language Story 812 "Book that collects the best records in the world", Toshihiko Michiura's Heisei Language Circumstances, September 2002, 9.
- ^ "Manga" Asari-chan "is certified as Guinness World Records". NHK(July 2014, 9) October 2014th, 9Browse.
- ^ NHK Public Relations Bureau Tweet on November 2010, 11 at 18:19 Retrieved November 2014, 9.
- List of the best in the world
- Ashrita Furman --The person with the most Guinness World Records
- Cherry Yoshitake --The person with the most Guinness World Records in Japan