Photo Takashi Arai and Kanta Okamoto (from the second round of the summer Niigata tournament)
Okamoto (Arai), Ueno (Takada Commercial High School) Aiming to enter the fastball group, the skill group NPB, and the BC league, respectively.
If you write the contents roughly
In addition to straight, change-ups, curves, sliders and various changing balls are interwoven.
Pitcher Kanta Okamoto (XNUMX), a third-year student at Arai High School, and Asuka Ueno (XNUMX), a third-year pitcher at Takada Commercial High School, joined the Japan High School Baseball Federation on the XNUMXth. → Continue reading
We publish the daily newspaper "Joetsu Times" in the areas of Joetsu City and Myoko City, Niigata Prefecture, and the daily newspaper "Itoigawa Times" in the area of Itoigawa City.
Based on the concept of "local cheering party", the editorial policy is "to support and stimulate the vitality of the area", and the first aspect to be seen in the morning is the citizens (administration) who are doing their best, moving topics, and soothing hearts. It is composed of photographs, etc., and we try to create a page suitable for the start of a refreshing day.
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Change up(Changeup) isbaseball,soft ballInPitch typeIt is one of (changing spheres). However, in foreign countries such as major leagues, it is often referred to as "a ball with a slow ball speed thrown from the same arm swing as a straight ball" rather than a specific ball type.
For change up, dare to grab the ballballBy devising the grip so that power is not transmitted toFastballIt is a slow ball thrown from the same arm swing. It is mainly cast to shift the timing of the batter. It is also said to be the first ball to be remembered in the United States.
There is no uniformity in how to grasp,PitchingChanges depending onrotation・The ball speed also changes.FastballThere is a grip between the four seam and the two seam as well as the four seam has a relatively small bend and it is easy to control the ball. Some pitchers throw ups.. Also, some grips have unique names (#typeSee).Fork ballIt is said that the burden on the elbows and shoulders is lighter than that of the above.The United States of AmericaIs very heavily used in.
Origin played in the late 1800sTim KeefIt is said that. At that time, it was a transitional period when it was possible to throw upper hand from the rule of only lower hand throwing,Fastball,curveIt is also called a slow-ball (English: slow-ball) in the sense that it is a ball type that misses the timing (Efas pitchAnd another meaning).
Because it rotates less and the ball speed is slower than the fastball, it sinks while deceleratingOrbitIf the direction of rotation is tilted from the backspin and lateral rotation is applied, it will sink while bending to the right or left. Than changebatterIt is important to be mistaken for a fast ball, and the batter may feel that the ball is stalling if the speed difference with the fast ball is large.
Difference between Japan and the US
JapanThen "Change of pace"And "change up" were both words for "a slow ball that misses the timing",2000 eraAfter entering, the change-up was recognized as a change ball.[Source required].. In the United States, slowing down the ball speed was called change of pace,Slow ball thrown from the same arm swing as a straight ballThis is generally called change up, and since it became natural to slow down and change, change of pace is never used like a ball.Shingo Takatsu OfChicago White SoxSince all the changing balls to be thrown at the time of enrollment are several steps slower than the standard ball speed of MLB, the American commentator is Takatsusinker,curveWas all live and changed.Takashi Saito TheWeekly baseballIn the magazine, "It seems that all major spheres that cannot be classified by majors are roughly called "change-ups.""
Changeups are mainly classified by the difference in grip.
- Circle change(British: Circle Change) Is the most popular change-up pitch at the moment.
- A type of ball thrown with a grip that makes a circle with the index finger and thumb, and holds the ball with the middle finger to the little finger. HandfulOK signIs similar toOK ballAlso called. With this grip, even if you shake your arm like a fastball, the ball speed and the rotation of the ball are suppressed. Generally, the ball speed is about 15 to 25 km/h slower than the fastball, and a sinking trajectory is drawn.
- The shape of the ring made with the forefinger and thumb differs depending on the pitcher, such as the shape of a large ring with the tip of the forefinger and thumb, or the shape of a small ring with the forefinger at the base of the thumb. UpShoot rotationIt is easy to get caught, and it often falls slightly while bending slightly in the direction of the dominant hand like a sinker,Sinker screw ballFrom making changes close toSinker change(UK: sinker change)Change up sinker(English: change up sinker) Sometimes called. In NPBChihiro Kaneko,Taisuke Yamaoka,Takayuki Kishi, In MLBGreg Maddux,Pedro Martinez,Cole HammersIs a typical user.
- Split change(British: Split change, Split Finger Changeup) IsFork ballA change-up in which the ball is sandwiched between the index and middle fingers like in the figure, and it sharply sinks at the batter's hand..Garrett OlsonAccording to, the advantage of split change is that you can make various changes by attaching a ring finger that you would normally fold with a fork ball to the ball..Tim LinscumIs a typical user, and the number of users is increasing in recent years,Roy Haradey,Edward Muhika,Kenta Maeda,Carlos Carrasco,Aaron CivaleEtc. are using.
- Vulcan change(British: Vulcan change, Vulcan changeup) Is a change-up in which the ball is sandwiched between the middle finger and the ring finger and falls vertically quickly.Split fingered fastballChange close to. Rather than miss the timingEmpty swingThe purpose is to take, but if the ball speed is emphasized, the burden on the body is large. From the grip of the circle change, the ball is sandwiched between the middle finger and the ring finger and thrown, and it is possible to make lateral changes such as shooting rotation depending on whether the finger is put on the seam of the ball.
- The name of "Vulcan" is American science fiction drama "ス タ ー ト レ ッ ク] Appearing in the seriesBalkansThis is because the grip is similar to the Balkan style greeting in which the forefinger and middle finger, the ring finger and the little finger are respectively attached, and the palm is opened between the middle and ring fingers and the thumb is opened.Eric GagneIs a typical user,Jared burton,Guillermo MotaThey are throwing. In the Japanese worldKenji Ohnei,Hiroshi Otake,Seth GleisingerIs throwing. Also,Tetsuya ShiozakiIs a handful of Balkan changessinkerWas throwing.
- Palmball change(British: Palm ball change) Hold deeply with your thumb, forefinger and little fingerThree fingersと 呼 ば れ るPalm ballChange up to throw with a grip like.Trevor HoffmanWas a typical user and was taught by.. According to Hoffman, unlike the original palm ball, it gives a backspin close to a fastball... Hoffman's change-up is around 140km/h slower than his 16km/h fastballAt a ball speed of about 124 km/h, it suddenly changed several inches from the midpoint between the pitcher and the batter..Keith Fork,Fernando RodneyThey are throwing. Rodney, in particular, sometimes uses the ring finger to adjust and throw changes.
Fast change up
- FastballAnd fast change-up with little difference in ball speedFast change upCalledWith Darvish 2010 I started throwing from and attracted attention in Japan. In NPBGonzalez Helmen, In MLBFelix Hernandez,Steven Strasburg,Zack grainyThe change-up ball speed is fast, and it may record a ball speed of 90mph (145km/h) or more.
Change up throwing from a grip similar to a curveLittle league change up, Hold the ball not on the tip of your finger, but on the ball of your finger.Straight changeSometimes called.
Johann SantanaChange-up has a large ball speed difference with the fast ball, so it is difficult for the batter to match the timing.parachuteLike opening and brakingParachute change(English: Parachute change).
- ^ Hideyuki Ishibashi, author "Level up! Baseball Chemistry/Technology/Practice, 2013, 120 pages.
- ^ a b c d e "Major League Changing Ball Bible" Baseball Magazine, 2010.ISBN 978-4-583-61678-0.
- ^ a b c d 2010-11 MLB Pitcher White Paper Explanation of Ball Type & Data File Change Up "Monthly Slugger" February 2011 issue, Japan Sports Planning Publisher, magazine 2-15509, page 2.
- ^ Matt Lyons (February 2021, 2). “Let's speculate about Aaron Civale's new pitch" (English). CoveringTheCorner.com. October 2021th, 4Browse.
- ^ Jack Curry, "Hoffman Savoring Fresh Start With Brewers," NYTimes.com, May 28, 2009. Retrieved November 2009, 11.
- ^ Josh Kalk, "Anatomy of a player: Trevor Hoffman," The Hardball Times, January 13, 2009. Retrieved November 2009, 11.
- ^ 2012-13 MLB Pitcher White Paper Explanation of Ball Type & Data File Change Up "Monthly Slugger" February 2013 issue, Japan Sports Planning Publisher, magazine 2-15509, page 2.