Can you buy it soon?5 overseas electric kickboards that are easier to move than a bicycle
If you write the contents roughly
Electric kickboards that are becoming more common in the city through share services such as LUUP in Japan.
Electric kickboards that are becoming more common in Japan.Currently, it is treated as a motorized bicycle, but the classification will change in the future ... → Continue reading
"Bouncy" is a new age video media that delivers cutting-edge information that shows the future lifestyle in a format that is easy to see on smartphones. Tomorrow, 10 years later, or 100 years later. Every day, we will deliver various events that shape our future with easy-to-understand videos from the editorial department's perspective. I hope that it will be a small opportunity for someone to think about the future, move their hands to realize their dreams, and take that step.
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Many kick skatersBicycleYou can ride with a feeling similar toRoller skates,skateboardBecause it is easier to handle thanleisureIn addition to its intended use, it is also used as a convenient means of transportation in place of a bicycle in parks, etc., which is used as a sport.
originallyscooter (Scooter)Scoot It was called (Scoot),2000 eraSince the time when the market expanded with the advent of folding scootersKick scooterHas come to be used.Kick boardIt is often called by the name, but this is a product of K2 company (Kick board) Is a registered trademark, so caution is required.. AlsoKick scooterAlthough it is sometimes said that this is also confused with the product of the same name of JD, it was established to contribute to the spread of "kick scooter".Japan Kick Scooter AssociationThen, as a general term, "Kick scooter "Insist on using.
1817 , A two-wheeled vehicle that kicks the ground with both feetDandy horse"ButGermanyInvented in.19st centuryIn the second halfRoller skatesAppeared, and it is said that there was also a scooter made from that part.1914 ,AmericaI installed the engine on a two-wheeled scooterHas appeared.
1990 eraLater, in Switzerland, Wim Ouboter developed a small folding scooter, founded Micro Mobility Systems and launched it in Europe.The same thing was sold under the name of Razor in Japan and the United States and became popular..In addition, Taiwan's JD Corporation, co-founder of Razor USAStarted selling as JD Bug in-house, and the product is also sold in Japan under the JD Razor brand from JD Japan in Osaka..
1999 When folding scooters came to Japan around that time, they became popular among young people in urban areas as a convenient means of transportation that could be brought in when using the railroad, and became popular with children.Along with that, some insane users have come out, and some facilities have clearly stated that they are prohibited from using it.
2000 In February, a user who collided with a pedestrian on a sidewalk in Tokyo in November of the previous yearSerious negligence injury crimeでDocument inspectionDoneIn July of the same year, a fatal accident occurred in Kanagawa due to a fall..
Also, on October 2014, 10Consumer Affairs AgencyAnnounced that 9 cases of infants and children up to 2010 years old using a kick scooter and injured due to falls have occurred since 22, and one fatal accident has also occurred. Are.
While electric kick scooters are becoming more popular due to their high convenience, it has been reported that accidents and traffic violations are occurring one after another. In June 2021, electric kick scooters were operated without a license in Tokyo. Then, ignore the red light and enter the intersection.A woman (who also has a broken bone) suspected of colliding with a taxi and causing minor injuries to a male passenger's headAct on Punishment for Acts that Cause Death or Injury to People by Driving a Car(Car driving death and injury punishment law) On suspicion of violation etc.Tokyo District Public Prosecutor's OfficeIt was reported in August of the same year that the policy of sending documents was decided...In Fukuoka Prefecture, a total of 2021 traffic violations have been confirmed by July 7.The most common sidewalk traffic (18 cases) was that the offender said, "I didn't have a helmet and I was scared and walked on the sidewalk.".
Folding type (polyurethane wheel mounting type)
1990 eraA motorcycle scooter that appeared in the second half and became mainstream after that.Aluminum alloyThe total weight is limited to about 3 kg, and it can be folded into a small size and carried around.pavementSimilar to roller skating, assuming driving only on the roadPolyurethaneMadeWheel(Wheel)have.Early wheels were 98mm in diameter, 200mm products have appeared as the diameter has increased, and some of them are air.タ イ ヤThere are also products equipped with.Rear wheelFender (mudguard)Also serves as a brake, and decelerates by stepping on this and suppressing the rotation of the rear wheels.
Pneumatic tire mounting type
About 12 inches, which has been used before the foldable typeBicycle tiresとRim brakeTwo-wheeled scooter equipped with.When distinguishing from the above-mentioned polyurethane wheel wearing typePneumatic scooter (Pneumatic scooter),Big scooter It is called (Big scooter) etc.Although it has decreased with the advent of the cheaper and easier foldable type, there is demand in fields where ride quality and stability are important.
In EuropeFoot bike Other than the race using a large thing called (Footbike), Powered by dogsThere are also manufacturers specializing in pneumatics.
BMXIn America where1980 eraScooter incorporating elements of freestyle BMX was released by each BMX maker in the latter half..These distinguish them from traditional scootersScootCalled, as its snow versionSnowscootWas born.Even folding scooters are often called scoots in the stunt world.
Three-wheel type, four-wheel type
deckGrab the handle fixed to the ride "Kick board","Skater, "Stickboard", etc.In addition to being more stable than the two-wheel type, it has the advantages of being self-supporting and being able to ride with one hand.
Mainly for infants aged 3-5 years who are not yet able to ride a bicycleTricycleWind thing.steelIn a frame made ofPlasticMany products have a made exterior.In addition to this, a three-wheel type (front two-wheel) that claims to foster a sense of balance is on sale.
Legal treatment in Japan
According to Article 76, Paragraph 4, Item 3 of the Road Traffic Act, "Playing ball games, roller skating, or similar acts on roads with frequent traffic. ] Is regulated with penalties.This article does not specify a vehicle or playset and is subject to regulation if it is "roller skating or similar".There is no clear standard for this "frequent", but it is generally understood that there is a traffic volume that may cause a danger of traffic with other pedestrians and vehicles..
A kick scooter without powerRoad Transport Vehicle ActAbovenon-motorized vehicleare categorized.Also, because it does not have pedals that transmit force, etc.BicycleNot classified as. However,Road Traffic LawThen, for products that are "not designed for the purpose of transporting people" and "not recognized as for the purpose of moving according to social conventions", they are considered to be playsets rather than light vehicles, and "frequent traffic".道路There is also an interpretation that the use in.
As mentioned above, the legal treatment is not clarified, and in the manufacture and sale of kick scooters, "Public roadPlease refrain from using it in "."..Since the design differs depending on the model, such as the presence or absence of a brake, it is recommended to check with the manufacturer or retailer for use on public roads..
Kick scooters with electric motors and internal combustion engines are legally subject to both the Road Traffic Act and the Road Transport Vehicle Act.Motorized bicycleorAutomobileBe treated..Therefore, if you drive a kick scooter with an electric motor or internal combustion engine that does not comply with various regulatory laws and regulations as it is on a public road, you are legally driving a motorized bicycle or a car, and if it is left as it is, you will be punished by various laws and regulations. Will be.It is obliged to wear a helmet, equipped with mirrors, etc. to comply with the safety standards of the law.
Kick scooter that can run on public roads
As of 2019, with brand names such as Palway and AirwheelSafety standards for road vehiclesProducts that meet the requirements are now on sale.Some products have a maximum speed of about 30km / h, while others have a maximum speed of less than 20km / h.If the maximum speed is less than 20km / h,Safety standards for road vehiclesThe application of is slightly relaxed.
Commercially available products have the following characteristics.
- Although structurally a kick scooter, it has a sufficiently rigid body frame.It is driven by a battery such as lithium ion.Equipped with pneumatic small inch tires.
- Equipped with steps to put both feet on the left and right sides of the frame.Ride in a standing position on the vehicle body.
- The handle part has a foldable structure.brake,Horn, Headlights, rear reflectors, number lights.Turn signal, Taillights, and brake lights.
- According to safety standards, there must be two brakes.If the maximum speed is less than 2km / h, the standard is relaxed and no taillights, brake lights, turn signals, or speedometers are required.However, for safety reasons such as at night, it is desirable to equip tail lights, brake lights, and turn signals.
From March 2019 in Saitama PrefectureUrawamisono StationA shared electric scooter business is being conducted experimentally in the surrounding area...This skater is equipped with tires with a diameter of about 20 cm, and the lever near the right grip is the accelerator and the lever near the left grip is the brake.Push down each lever to accelerate and brake.Since there are no blinkers or brake lights, a manual signal is obligatory.
By law, the bicycle is a motorized bicycle, so the following obligations are imposed.
- Driver's licenseObligation to acquire (scooters(License or higher license) andDriver's licenseObligation to carry
- Liability insuranceObligation to join and carry (carry) a liability insurance certificate
- License plateObligation to acquire and install (Registration of moped rating is by municipality)
- Because it is treated as a mopedSidewalk,Roadside belt,Bicycle pathCannot pass at all.Bicycle lane(Bicycle lane) Is not subject to passage.
- オ ー ト バ イusehelmetObligation to wear --- as long as it is legally permitted for motorcycles
- Neglect feeIncluding the systemParking violationWill be subject to crackdown.In addition, accidents and violations are subject to administrative sanctions for driver's licenses.
In addition,Automotive Damages Protection ActBased onPersonal injuryAgainstRestitution for DamagesFor everyFaultless liabilityIs applied.Therefore,Voluntary car insuranceIt is desirable to join in accordance with.
Special electric kick scooter based on the Industrial Competitiveness Enhancement Law
2021 (Reiwa 3nd year) April 4,Ministry of Economy, Trade and IndustryUsing the "new business special system" based on the Industrial Competitiveness Enhancement Law, approved the sharing service plan of electric kick skaters as a demonstration experiment on public roads in some areas for specific businesses. ..In this demonstration experiment, an electric kick scooter rented by a certified business operator (hereinafter referred to as "Special electric kick scooterCalled. ), Different driving conditions from the conventional one are applied.The following are the main driving conditions (bold letters are different driving conditions).
- Classification under the Road Traffic Act:Small special motor vehicle(However, the classification under the Road Transport Vehicle Law isMotorized bicycleBecome.licenseCan drive a small special car, that is, can drive with all licenses except the moped license. )
- Speed limit:15km / h
- Where you can drive: Roadway,Passage zone for ordinary bicycles,Bicycle path,There is a sign labeled "Excluding bicycles"One-way street
- Armor:helmetOptional to wear(Wearing is recommended for safety.)
- Turn right:Two-step right turn禁止(crosswalkIs recommended. )
- Aircraft:Automobile liability insuranceIt is necessary to meet the security requirements of mopeds such as subscriptions, license plates, mirrors, etc.
- Other:A person who walks by pushing a special electric kick scooterPedestrianTo.. (The special exception is the electric kick scooter It is regarded as a pedestrian by pushing and walking. )
This driving condition applies only to the special electric kick scooter.Not applicable for uncertified businesses or privately owned electric kick scootersIt should be noted that
There are roads, etc. that are not subject to special exceptions even within the target area of the demonstration experiment...In order to pass through such a section / area, it is necessary to get off from the special electric kick scooter and walk while pushing..
Target areaIs as shown below.
- Luup Co., Ltd .: (Certified on April 3, 4rd year of Reiwa)Osaka,Shinagawa,Shibuya Ward,Shinjuku ward,Setagaya,Minato-ku, Tokyo,Meguro, (Additional certification on September 9, the same year)Uji city,Kyoto City,Chuo-ku, Tokyo,,Chiyoda Ward,Yokohama city Kanagawa ward,Naka-ku, Yokohama,Nishi Ward, Yokohama
- Mobby ride Co., Ltd .: (Certified on April 3, 4rd year of Reiwa)Fukuoka City
- EXx Co., Ltd .: (Certified on April 3, 4rd year of Reiwa)Fujisawa,Kashiwa, Shibuya Ward, Setagaya Ward,Toyooka, (Additional certification on September 7, the same year)Obuse, (Additional certification on September 9, the same year)Karuizawa
- Hasegawa Kogyo Co., Ltd .: (certified on April 3, 4rd year of Reiwa) Osaka City,Chiba
- SWALLOW GK: (July 3, 7rd year of Reiwa)Minamisoma City
- GK E-KON: (certified on July 3, 7rd year of Reiwa)Himeji
- ^ "Enjoy the kickboard!”. Internet Watch (October 2000, 2). October 2015th, 3Browse.
- ^ a b c d e "Japan Kick Scooter Association". October 2015th, 3Browse.
- ^ a b "Please be sure to read if you use the electric kick scooter on public roads.”. Japan Kick Scooter Association. October 2015th, 3Browse.
- ^ Folding Scooter Story: msg # 00015(English) -In 2000Wall Street JournalArticle that was published in
- ^ Razor USA LLC Company Profile-Yahoo! Finance(English)[Broken link]
- ^ Even in Japan, some low-priced products are sold as "JD Bug", but JD Bug is not a subordinate brand of JD Razor.
- ^ Asahi Shimbun evening edition 2000-02-03 (reduced edition).It is said that he ran through pedestrians.
- ^ Asahi Shimbun 2000-07-27 (reduced edition).Fall downhill.
- ^ "Kick scooter, children's fall accidents one after another calling attention"Nihon Keizai Shimbun. (June 2014, 10)
- ^ "[Original] Ignore red light with electric skater, send documents to a woman who has caused a personal injury ... First application of" dangerous driving "". Yongo Shimbun Online(July 2021, 8) October 2021th, 8Browse.
- ^ "Electric skater accidents One after another Popular without "denseness", do not follow the rules-Safety issues". JIJI.COM (September 2021, 9). October 2021th, 9Browse.
- ^ For what was integrally moldedHubUsually, due to the reason why it became larger by addingタ イ ヤIs not called.
- ^ Uses an inline skating hub with a width of 24 mm and a shaft of 8 mm.Initially, smaller hubs were usually used for wheels with a diameter of 76-78 mm, but later expanded.
- ^ "Micro XT" (2008) and "Razor Ultra Pro Model" (2009)
- ^ IKSA --the world of scooter and kicksled sports(English) --Competition with foot bikes
- ^ Example at BMXmuseum.com:1987 GT Zoot Scoot,1987 SE Racing Rad Scoot
- ^ Bruch, H. et al. 2003. Micro Mobility Systems. Realizing the Scooter Dream. Case Study, University of St. Gallen, St. Gallen.(English) P23. "E-power"
- ^ Self-made jet engine / Zero machine / Part 5 --Banshu Labyrinth-Maya-
- ^ "Bicycle traffic rules | One-handed driving prohibited Q & A | Hiroshima Prefectural Police". www.pref.hiroshima.lg.jp. October 2019th, 6Browse. "QXNUMX: What is a road with frequent traffic? Answer"
- ^ "Kick scooter guide”. 2012 Sports & survival. October 2015th, 3Browse.
- ^ For vehicles with a maximum speed of less than 20 km / h, Article XNUMX-XNUMX of the Safety Standards for Road Transport Vehicles applies.
- ^ a b "[Japan's first] Impressions of actually experiencing the shared electric scooter service "WIND" introduced at Urawa Misono Station → Easy, fun, and comfortable !!”(Japanese). Rocket news 24 (September 2019, 6). October 2019th, 6Browse.
- ^ "-Japan's first mobility demonstration experiment using an electric kickboard-Share electric kickboard service "WIND" Two new bicycle parking ports have been added around Urawa Misono Station "...". Press Release/News Release Distribution Share No.1｜PR TIMES. October 2019th, 6Browse.
- ^ Except when crossing to get in and out of the road or entering the prescribed roadside zone for parking and stopping
- ^ a b c "Electric kick board”. Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry. October 2021th, 10Browse.
- ^ a b c d e f "About the implementation of the demonstration experiment of the special electric kickboard”. Metropolitan Police Department. October 2021th, 10Browse.
- ^ a b c d e f "A plan to demonstrate driving on public roads with an electric kickboard that allows you to wear a helmet is certified as a "new business special system" EXx, mobby ride, Luup, and Hasegawa Kogyo are planning to start sharing services”. Micromobility Promotion Council. October 2021th, 10Browse.
- ^ a b c d e "Rules for safe riding (electric kickboard)”. Luup. October 2021th, 10Browse.