Photo: Blue Jays Vladimir Guerrero Jr. [Photo: Koji Bonkohara] interviewed by the press before the match.
[MLB] Guerrero Jr. and Shohei Ohtani's ball banquet commemorative photo is "Heirloom" "That day will come for many years ..."
If you write the contents roughly
On this day, he will start in the starting lineup with "No. 3 Designated Hitter" and will play against pitcher Otani.
Two-shot photo with Otani in the All-Star game last summer "Amazing athlete" ■ Angels-Blue Jays ... → Continue reading
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Nominated batter(Dr.British: designated hitter) IsUS Major League Official Rules,Japanese official baseball rulesBased on (5.11) etc.,baseballWhen attacking inpitcheron behalfAt-batA player who specializes in attacks.DH(DH, English nameAn abbreviation for initials).
soft ballAs a player specializing in batting instead of any fielder in the gameNominated player(DP; designated playerIs abbreviated), and the designated player can be applied to players in any defensive position.[Note 1] Is. On the other hand, DH is not allowed to replace a pitcher other than a pitcher.
Designated hitters (hereinafter referred to as DH) do not defend at all, and share the offense and defense with the pitcher by acting on behalf of the hitter that the pitcher should be responsible for, but later in the United StatesMajor League Baseball (MLB)Has also introduced a rule that allows the starting pitcher and DH to serve concurrently..
When announcing members before the start of the game, other than the pitcherfielderThe batting order is determined together with. The starting DH isStarting pitcherAgainst at least onceAt-batComplete (Hit or Four dead balls-faux pasBy etc.runnerMust be or be out). However, if the starting pitcher of the opposing team is replaced before the DH batting order comes, this obligation is removed.
The team does not necessarily have to appoint DH.However, if you do not appoint, you cannot appoint DH from the middle of the match.It is also possible to change the members by canceling the DH during the match and leaving only 9 defensive players.At this time as well, DH cannot be appointed again.
The rules for adopting the DH system are becoming mainstream worldwide, MLB,Japanese professional baseball(Hereinafter NPB)Pacific League,KoreanKorea Baseball Organization (KBO),Taiwan'sChinese Professional Baseball League (CPBL), CubaSerie Nacional de BaisbolProfessional baseball league,Shikoku Island League plus-Baseball Challenge LeagueIndependent leagues such asAdult baseball,JapaneseCollege baseballIt has been adopted in leagues (excluding some federations-described later) and in the "Fresh League" of the Japanese junior high school hard type, and is often adopted in international games, but otherYouth baseball-high school baseball・ NPBCentral LeagueIt has not been adopted in the games sponsored by one of the teams belonging to.
DH does not require defensive power, and is often appointed for the purpose of specializing in batting, such as players who have excellent batting skills but have difficulty in defensive ability, and foreign players who are expected to hit exclusively from long hitting power. ..So contact, power,Selected eyeA total package includingBattingThe destructive power to bear the central axis is essential. As a specific example, one season in MLB is 1Home runとOPSIf you can consistently clear both of .900, it will be regarded as first class..In addition, it is often appointed for the purpose of reducing physical exhaustion by defensive placement of athletes whose defensive strength is weakened due to injury or veteran athletes who have anxiety about their legs.Especially in MLB, there are often cases where a player who is usually on the defensive is appointed as a DH for the purpose of avoiding fatigue of regular players and reducing the burden on slightly injured players.In addition, a player who is good at creating a rhythm of hitting by entering the turn at bat after defensively may dislike the appointment as a DH.For this reason, Japanese players who have been appointed as designated hitters for many years in their active lives at NPBHiromitsu Kadota,Takeshi Yamazaki,Kazuhiko IshimineThere are only a few examples[Note 2].
There is also an argument that fixing to DH will shorten the player's life.For example, at the time of active duty (MLB)Hideki MatsuiWhen renewing the contractYomiuri ShimbunArticle"There are also transfers that emphasize the lifespan of athletes, because DH alone will reduce the sharpness of the body."On the other hand, Matsui himself later commented as a merit of the DH system, "Personally, thanks to DH, the player's life has been extended. That is no doubt."
Since DH does not have to participate in the game except for batting and base running, it may take 30 minutes, sometimes nearly an hour, to turn at bat.Therefore, depending on the player, the bad attitude of the game may be more apparent than when he is in the defensive position.As an example,Bill Madlock,Mel HallExperienced DH during the Japanese sphere, but it is said that he was killing time with video games until his turn at bat.
1972/Was too lowAmerican leagueIn the (A League), 12 out of 9 teams had a yearly audience mobilization of less than 100 million.. To eliminate thisAuckland AthleticsWas the owner ofCharlie O. FinleyThe idea of1973/First in the league, the DH system was adopted.. The first DH to stand at batNew York YankeesWas.
In MLB after the establishment of the DH systemPaul Moriter,Edgar Martinez,David OrtiseDH star players also appeared.. In 2004, when Martinez, who had been active as DH for many years, retired, the League honored this and awarded him the best-designated batter of the year.Edgar Martinez AwardDecided to rename(But in 2010, MartinezAmerican Baseball Hall of FameOnly 36.2% of baseball reporters voted when they became eligible). At the MLB Special Committee convened in January of the same year,MLB All-Star GameA league,National leagueIt has been decided to adopt the DH system regardless of the location of the (Na League)..stillWorld seriesThen.1976/Was first adopted by1985/After the method of dividing into the year of adopting all games and the year of not adopting all games every other year,1986/It has been adopted in more games at the home of the American League national team.As a DHWorld Series MVPIs Molitor's first time, but since it is treated as a third baseman, MVP by DH in full time isHideki MatsuiIs the first time.
With MLB on March 2022, 3Athletes' associationNew labor-management agreement was signed, in whichNational LeagueIntroduction of DH system in (Universal DHAdoption) has been decided.This will2022/From the season, MLB became a DH system in both leagues.
It was also held on July 2021, 7.MLB All-Star GameThen, in the fan vote, it was ranked 1st in the designated hitter category of the American League, and in the inter-player vote, it was ranked 5th in the starting pitcher category.Two-sword styleWas electedOtani Xiangping(Los Angeles Angels) Is applied, and while being appointed as a starting pitcher, he also started in the batting order treated as "No. 1 DH" as a batter.(Shohei Otani will be described later), but this "Concurrent post of starting pitcher and DH by the same playerWas made possible in the official game due to the rule change, and it was carried out from the open game on March 2022, 3...As a result, the player who started as a "pitcher and DH" will be able to continue to stand at bat as a DH even after leaving the board as a pitcher.On the contrary, he can continue to throw as a pitcher even after he is replaced by a pinch hitter / pinch runner as a DH.This rule is "Otani rule"(Ohtani Rule) has been featured in the Japanese and American media..
Initially,Hankyu Braves OfYasuhiro TakaiMarked a lot of home runs with a hit,1974/ToMainichi NewspapersIt was discussed in the wake of an American reporter's column saying, "It's a waste to have that many players, and Japan should introduce a designated hitter system in imitation of the United States."Pacific LeagueIn reference to the success of the League1975/Adopted from.. The first DH in Japan to stand at batNippon Ham Fighters OfToshizo SakamotoMet.. First year of recruitment is league averagebatting average(.247 → .254) and the total number of pitchers (197 → 302) improved, respectively, and succeeded in shortening the average match time by 5 minutes, but it did not lead to an increase in popularity..
Japan Championship SeriesThen.1985/Was first adopted byHanshin Tigers OfSumio HirotaBecame the first SE League player to stand at bat as DH.. At this time, a system is adopted in which every year it is adopted every year and the year when all matches are not adopted.1986/Was adopted without adoption.. After that, the rules were revised to continue to be adopted every year in the Pa League baseball world,1987/More used in home-based matches of the Pa League national team.2020/Will be adopted in all games for the first time in 1985 years since 35 as a special measure to accompany the spread of the new coronavirus infection.
All star gamesThen.1983/Was first adopted byCentral LeaguePaused after one year as the pitcher stood at bat and showed protest to the end.. After that, the SE League softened its attitude1990/Since then, both leagues have been adopted only in the headquarters of the teams that belong to the Pacific League, and have been adopted in all games since 1993..
2005/Started onSep-pa Exchange BattleThen, following the example of the Japan Series, the DH system has been adopted only in the games hosted by the Pacific League teams from the beginning.however,2014/Regarding, the DH system was adopted in the games hosted by the Central League team, and the DH system was not adopted in the games hosted by the Pacific League team, which is the opposite of the usual method (Details later).
Open battleIn 1975, the first year of the introduction, the designated batter system could only be used in competition between teams belonging to the Pa League. However, from the second year of 2, it can be used regardless of the opponent if it is a match held by the team that belongs to the Pa League.In addition, from 1976, both directors will be able to use it even before the match held by the team that belongs to the Se League. With this agreement, the designated batter system can be used regardless of the opponent (even if the teams in the SE League are playing against each other).
In the official game of the farm (farm team), the DH system was adopted in all the games of the whole team only in the games hosted by the teams belonging to the Pacific League like the first army.After that, for the games hosted by the teams belonging to the Central League, the host team can select whether or not to adopt the DH system for each match.As a result, the Eastern League has adopted the DH system in all team games, including the Central League-sponsored games, since 2009, and the Western League has also adopted the DH system since 2013.Hanshin TigersIn the sponsored game, from 2015Chunichi DragonsとHiroshima Toyo CarpThe DH system was adopted in all of the games hosted by.Of these, only Hiroshima Toyo Carp has a policy of not using DH in the games hosted by Hiroshima Carp, but in the games hosted by Hiroshima Carp on May 2015, 5.Jesús GuzmanIt does not necessarily mean that DH is not used, such as starting the game with No. 3 DH..
In the army education league of the second army, it is adopted even when the teams of the SE leagues compete as in the open game.
In Japanese baseball, when displaying participating players on the scoreboard,Defense numberHowever, in a match where a designated batter is appointed, the pitcher is1"not"PMay be displayed. In addition, a stadium that uses a panel-type scoreboard (2004/previousMiyagi StadiumIn (Others), the number of players in the player member table can only be 9; therefore, the name and display of the pitcher may be changed to the player of the designated batter when attacking, and the name of the pitcher when defending.Korakuen Stadium,Heiwadai baseball fieldThere was also a pattern to display the pitcher's name at the place where the team name is displayed.
Shoichi KanedaIn 1975 when the DH system was adoptedLotte Orions"I didn't like it when the DH system was adopted in 1975. The change of pitcher is a nice thing to do. How to use a substitute hit when the turn order of the pitcher is around. It was good, but the DH system loses its character.".
Japanese amateur baseball
JapaneseStudent baseballThen,All Japan University Baseball ChampionshipHas adopted the DH system since 1992. In response to this, from the fall of 1994Toto University Baseball FederationAdopted by. Since then most federations have adopted it,Tokyo Roku University Baseball FederationとKansai Student Baseball FederationHas not been adopted in. AlsoMeiji Shrine Baseball TournamentHas not been adopted in.Adult baseballThen.Adult Baseball Japan ChampionshipとAll Japan Club Baseball ChampionshipSince 1988, respectivelyCity competition baseball tournamentHas adopted the DH system since 1989.
Held for 1991 consecutive years from 7All Japan Amateur Baseball Championship MatchBut it was introduced.
Japanese high school baseballThen,National Athletic Meet High School Baseball Competition,Selected High School Baseball Tournament,National High School Baseball ChampionshipAnd not adopted in all of its qualifying.However, at that timeYokohama High School3 yearsDaisuke MatsuzakaAt the Koshien Stadium on September 18, 1998, when he celebrated his 9th birthday.3th AAA Asian Baseball ChampionshipIn the final match, the DH system was adopted, and the second attackRepresentation from Japan TheMeitoku Gijuku High School3 yearsShiro TeramotoIs the starting lineup with the 7th DHTaiwan representative TheZhang MagazineStarted in the 5th DH.
1984 yearsLos Angeles OlympicsでOpen competitionSince the adoption of baseball as2008 Beijing OlympicsThe DH system was adopted until the baseball game was abolished in.Asia series,World Baseball Classic(WBC) andWBSC Premier 12,World University Baseball Championship,Universiade baseball competition,Asian Professional Baseball ChampionshipSince 1986US-Japan University Baseball ChampionshipIt has been adopted in many international baseball tournaments.
DH system regulation
There are rules such as the baseball rules (5.11).
Identification of designated batter
The designated batter must be selected and listed on the batting order handed to the ball referee before the start of the match (Baseball Rule 5.11(a)(1)).
The designated batter's position is fixed in the batting order table and cannot be changed even if there is a player change (Baseball Rule 5.11(a)(7)). Only athletes who are not in defence by replacing DH as a substitute or substitute can only become designated hitters during the match.
There is no relationship between the pitcher in the rules and the pitcher in the player registration.A player registered as a fielder acts as a pitcher[Note 3] Similarly, it is possible for a pitcher-registered player to serve as a fielder or DH.
- Done on September 2013, 10Tohoku Rakuten Golden EaglesversusOrix BuffaloesIn the 23th round of Rakuten's attack in the 7rd round, Rakuten was the first baseman's designated batter.Andrew JonesToSubstituteAs a pitcher registrationHiroyuki Fukuyama(The pitcher of Rakuten who has finished throwing the table 7 times isKimitoAnd not Fukuyama). Fukuyama took over the role of a designated hitter because he was a substitute for Jones, and remained a designated hitter until the end of the match, and never pitched as a pitcher. The turn at bat did not come around.
- Where it changedChunichi DragonsHas put a pitcher-registered player other than the pitcher who pitches in DH in order to make the pitcher stand at bat in the open game.
Obligation to complete one turn at bat for the designated hitter listed in the batting order table
The designated hitter listed in the batting order table (= starting pitcher) must complete the turn at bat at least once, but can be replaced if the starting pitcher of the opponent team leaves the board (Baseball Rule 5.11 (Baseball Rule 2). a) (XNUMX)).
If you have not designated a designated batter before the match
Designated hitters are not obligatory even in games with a DH system, but if they are not nominated before the game, they cannot be used in that game (Baseball Rules 5.11 (a) (3)). ..
However, as mentioned above, not using DH from the beginning in a game with a DH system cannot avoid a one-sided disadvantage, so it cannot occur unless there are special circumstances other than the open battle. I didn't use DH from the start of the game in the official game in order to let pitchers experience bats as a measure for the Japanese series.Digestive matchDid not use DH withSeibu LionsFor example, pitcher registration but also hitting powerOtani XiangpingDid not use DH in the starting pitcher gameHokkaido Nippon-Ham FightersThere is an example.
- Seibu Lions
- In 1987, 1990, 1992, and 1998, he started the pitcher as No. 1 in four games, one game each year after the league title was decided. The pitcher who stood at bat was 4Hisanobu Watanabe[Note 4], 1990Kimiyasu Kudo-Tomoo Watanabe, 1992 is Hisanobu WatanabeTetsuya Shiozaki-Takehiro Ishii, 1998Fumiya NishiguchiTotal of 7 people. In the game on October 1992, 10, Hisashi Watanabe hit the front left hit.
- Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters (Shohei Otani)
- Otani XiangpingSince 2013, when he joined Nippon-Ham Fighters, he had many experiences as a starting pitcher other than the starting pitcher, but until 2015, he was at bat as a pitcher.Sep-pa Exchange BattleIt was limited to games without DH system. But vs. May 2016, 5Tohoku Rakuten Golden EaglesHe started as a No. 6 pitcher in the battle and stood at bat while pitching for the first time in a game with a DH system. After that, in the official game of the year, there were a total of 7 cases where Otani did not use DH in the starting pitcher game. In this case, unlike the case of Seibu, we do not use DH in anticipation of Otani's own striking power, so the batting order will vary depending on the game,Fukuoka Softbank HawksHe is the first player in the game to start as a pitcher, and is the first player in the history of professional baseball to hit the first batter home run for the first time as a player registered on the table once. 1 is October 1Orix BuffaloesOnly one match of the match, the first in the Pacific League after introducing the designated batter system, and after the two league system on October 1, 2Fumio FujimuraSince then, he has started with the 4th pitcher.
When making a substitute player a designated hitter
Normally, when a pinch hitter or a pinch runner is appointed, a change declaration is required at the end of the inning even if the player keeps the same defensive position as the replaced player.However, the player who participated as a substitute hitter / pinch runner for the designated hitter becomes the designated hitter at the time of the change, and there is no need to declare at the end of the inning.Depending on the competition group, it is different whether to make a designated hitter after the official record is written as a pinch hitter or a pinch runner, or to make a designated hitter from the beginning.By the way, Nippon Professional Baseball is the former.
Substitute for designated batter
If a substitute hitter is used instead of the designated hitter, the substitute hitter becomes the designated hitter, and the designated hitter who has once withdrawn cannot participate in the match again (Baseball Rule 5.11(a)(4)).
- 1982/XNUM X Month X NUM X Day,Kintetsu BuffaloesversusHankyu Braves(I.e.
- Directed by HankyuToshiharu UedaCan't read Kintetsu's starting pitcher for this match (actually left arm pitcherSuzuki revelationPitched to the designated batterNorihiko YamaokiTheReconnaissance personnelAs a right-handed batter when the batting order turns off the mountain onceKenichiro KawamuraI tried to send him as a substitute. However, due to the above rules, no change in batter was allowed, and Yamaoki was forced to stand in the bat (as in Yamaoki, strikeout).
- 1998/XNUM X Month X NUM X Day,Orix Blue WaveversusFukuoka Daiei Hawks(I.e.
- It was originally announced as a designated batter of ORIXTroy NeilComplained of severe abdominal pain shortly before the start of the match.However, since it was after the members were announced, the change was not allowed due to the above rules, and Neil had to stand at bat with poor physical condition.When Neil hit a home run in the first at bat, he ran to the home at full speed and went straight to the bathroom without a high five.Neil was eventually replaced by a pinch hitter at the next at bat.
- 2011/XNUM X Month X NUM X Day,Orix BuffaloesversusHiroshima Toyo Carp(I.e.
- HiroshimaKenjiro NomuraThe manager pitches to the starting batterTakeshi ImamuraWas appointed as a reconnaissance employee, and when exchanging the member table,Akada OkadaI noticed it only after being pointed out by the director.Of course, because of the above rules, pinch hitters are not allowed, so Imamura stood in the first at bat in the top of the second inning.Sacrifice buntWas successful. In the next batTakuro IshiiWas issued as a substitute.
As mentioned above, the designated hitter who participated in the starting lineup cannot be replaced unless the starting pitcher of the opponent is replaced.However, if the player is sent off due to injury, etc., a pinch hitter is permitted as a special case.
- 2010/XNUM X Month X NUM X Day,Chiba Lotte MarinesversusSaitama Seibu Lions(I.e.
- As Lotte's designated batterKazuya FukuuraEntered the first at bat,Self-ballInjured and sent off.Kobe TakkoWas appointed as a substitute and struck a home run.
Substitute for designated batter
When a substitute runner is used instead of the designated batter, the substitute runner will succeed the designated batter. A designated batter cannot be used as a substitute (Baseball Rule 5.11(a)(6)).
When the designated hitter is on the defensive
Designated hitters can also be defensive.When the designated hitter is in the defensive position, the role of the designated hitter is extinguished thereafter (Baseball Rules 5.11 (a) (12)).This case is commonly referred to as "DH release".
When the designated hitter disappears and the pitcher enters the batting order table, the batting order of the defender who retired from the pitcher is taken over in principle.However, if two or more players are replaced at the same time (including the retired defender), the batting order of the new defensive player will be specified by the manager (any batting order may be incorporated) (Baseball Rule 2 (a). )(Five) ).
- 1991/May 5, Kintetsu Buffaloes vs. Orix Blue Wave
- Appointed in ORIX's 5th DHKazuhiko IshimineToTomoji IizukaWas issued as a substitute runner and Iizuka became a DH.I pitched from the back to get Iizuka on the defensiveDon SurzyRetiredKazuhiro SatoI took over the batting order No. 6.Shurji, who entered the turn at bat in the 11th inning after entering the extra time, hit the final home run.It was the first home run hit by a Pacific League pitcher after the introduction of the designated hitter system.
- 2014/XNUM X Month X NUM X Day,Saitama Seibu LionsversusHokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters(I.e.
- Number 10 in the 4th attackleftOf Nippon Ham who participated inSho NakataWas injured in his left ankle while running and needed to change players, but Nippon Ham was running out of reserves at that time.Hideki KuriyamaThe director is a designated hitterKenji SugitaniTo defend the left field, and pitcher to No. 4 in Nakata's batting order.Hirotoshi MasuiI put it in. In addition, Masui stood in the bat at base with two deaths in the 11th inning table and retired..
When the designated batter becomes a pitcher
The above-mentioned designated hitter's defense includes the case where the designated hitter is a pitcher.In other words, the designated hitter can also pitch for relief as a pitcher.
- 1995/May 5, Seibu Lions vs. Orix Blue Wave
- Seibu, who had a large lead of 8-2 at the time of the second death in the 0th inning, was in 9th and DH as part of the fan service.Orestes DestradeWas pitched as a pitcher. Destrade allowed 1 hit, 2 walks, and 1 dropped without even dying.
- 2016/October 10, Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters v Fukuoka Softbank Hawks (Climax series Final Stage Round 5)
- 日本ハムの大谷翔平はこの試合に3番・DHとして先発出場していたが、7-4と3点リードで迎えた9回表にDHを解除し、5番手投手としてマウンドに上がった。大谷は自己の日本記録（164km/h）をさらに更新する165km/hの球速を3度記録するなど、この回を三者凡退に抑えてチームは勝利し、1勝のアドバンテージを含む対戦成績を4勝2敗として日本シリーズ進出を決めた。大谷はポストシーズンも含めて自身初のsaveHowever, it was the first case in the history of professional baseball that the player who started as a fielder made a save, including the postseason.
When the pitcher who is pitching moves to another defensive position
If the pitcher who is pitching moves to a defensive position other than the pitcher, the role of the designated hitter will disappear after that (Baseball Rules 5.11 (a) (8)), so the former pitcher and the newly pitched pitcher will enter the batting order table. It will be.In this case, at least two people will retreat to the bench, so the manager can specify the batting order of the former pitcher and the new pitcher according to the above rules (Baseball Rules 2 (a) (5.11)).
- 2013/July 7, All-Star Game Round 19
- Shohei Otani, who pitched as the third-place pitcher in the Par League, threw an inning as a pitcher in the 3th inning and then moved from the 5th in the defensive position.Left handBecause it was changed toFirst baseman OfLee Dae-hoEntered the batting order of No. XNUMX instead of, and participated in DHAndrew JonesPitcher in batting order of No. XNUMX instead ofKikuchi Yusei(Sho Nakata, who was the fourth left fielder, turned to first baseman).
When a player in another defensive position becomes a pitcher
If a player in another defensive position becomes a pitcher, the role of the designated hitter will disappear thereafter (Baseball Rules 5.11 (a) (14)).
- August 2013, 8, Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters v Fukuoka Softbank Hawks
- Nippon Ham's starter Shohei Otani, who started in the 5th right-handed man, changed his defense position to a pitcher in the 8th inning, so he took the right-handed man instead of Otani.Shogo AkadaWas participating in DHMichel AbreuInstead, he entered the batting order of No. 3. In addition, the back of the 8th inning has no batting order for Otani, and the 9th inning isKeisuke TanimotoIs pitched, and in No. 5Hiroshi IiyamaAs Otani retired, Otani was never placed at bat as a pitcher in this match.
When a pinch hitter / pinch runner becomes a pitcher
If a pinch hitter (including a pinch runner) becomes a pitcher as it is, the role of the designated hitter will disappear after that (Baseball Rules 5.11 (a) (9)).
When the pitcher on the pitch replaces the designated hitter as a pinch hitter or a pinch runner
If the pitcher on the pitch replaces the designated hitter as a pinch hitter or a pinch runner, the role of the designated hitter disappears thereafter.The pitcher can only hit or become a runner on behalf of the designated hitter (Baseball Rules 5.11 (a) (10)).
A player attempting to play on behalf of a designated batter does not have to notify the designated batter until the turn comes (Baseball Rule 5.11(a)(13)).
- 2022/May 5th, Orix Buffaloes vs. Chiba Lotte Marines
- Lotte's who participated as the 4th designated hitterBrandon LairdWas missed in the first at bat in the top of the second inning and struck out, then protested against the ball umpire and was sent off due to abusive language.The game proceeded with Laird remaining in the order, and in the 2th inning, the batting order turned to 1th.Shuhei FukudaParticipated as a substitute for Laird.
Designated batters, except serving as catchers,bull-penCannot sit (Baseball Rule 5.11(a)(15)).
Adoption of DH system
In the american league1973/More adopted.In the national league2019/Was not adopted until,2020/ToNew coronavirus infectionIt was adopted as a special measure affected by.2021/National League will not adopt the DH systemBut,2022/DH will be introduced more officially.
Handling of continuous full-winning appearance records
In NPB, even if only the designated batter participates, it will be continuous fullinningThe entry record will be treated as a continuation, but the MLB is of the opinion that the designated batter does not allow consecutive full-winning appearances.
Hanshin Tigers OfTomonori Kanemoto The2006/In 4 monthCal RipkenIt surpassed the world record (MLB record) of 903 consecutive full-winning appearances held by the company and had set a new record after that, but because he had a breakdown, he usually played Kanemoto in the Pa-League sponsored match of the Sep-pa exchange game. Instead of the leftist, it was considered to be appointed by a designated hitter (in 2005, there is no designated batter in the exchange game). At that time, the MLB did not have an official opinion on the continuous full-winning appearances including the designated batter, so the Hanshin team contacted the MLB and the above opinion was issued.
In fact, Kanamoto was never appointed as a designated hitter in the exchange game until 2009,Yokohama Bay StarsThe difference between the views of NPB and MLB was not a particular issue because the consecutive full-inning appearances were interrupted due to being out of the starting lineup in the battle, and Kanamoto's 1492 consecutive full-inning appearances did not occur in the same year.Guinness World RecordsCertified by. From the time the record was cut to his retirement, Kanemoto played as a designated hitter in most of the Pacific League-sponsored matches.
Japan Championship Series
Adopted biennial since 1985, adopted DH system in 1987 league gamesJapan Championship SeriesIn the (Japan Series), the DH system is not adopted in the games hosted by the Central League teams, so the Pacific League pitchers must stand at bat and the type of players who are supposed to use DH. The Pacific League team is required to make further preparations in terms of how to utilize it (whether to specialize in pinch hitter or to use it for unfamiliar defense).2020 Japan SeriesAs a special measure for the spread of the new coronavirus, it was adopted in all games for the first time in 1985 years since 35.
- Seibu Lions The1990 Japan SeriesWith the main gun DHOrestes DestradeThe first defense was used as a starter, and Destrade in response to this was respectively in the first and second games with defenseHiroki Makihara-Masaki SaitoHe hit the final homeruns from both aces and hit the finals in all four games, becoming a series MVP.
- On the other hand,1997 Japan SeriesSeibu at is the main DH with two crowns in the teamDomingo MartinezWas lost in the Yakult-sponsored match (3rd to 5th rounds), losing 3 consecutive games, with 1 win and 4 losses with a poor hit. Yakult pitcherShingo TakatsuIt was in contrast to the decisive timeliness in the third round.
Sep-pa Exchange Battle
2005/Started fromSep-pa Exchange BattleIn the Pacific League, the DH system is adopted only for games at the base of the Pacific League.Since the Central League headquarters does not have a DH system, Pacific League pitchers are also obliged to stand at bat.In addition, tactics are how to incorporate players who are usually appointed as DH into the defense, how to handle pitchers who rarely enter the turn at bat, and who the Central League team appoints as a designated hitter. It becomes a big factor of.
2014/In order to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the exchange match, the SE and PA leagues have adopted a designated batter system in the match hosted by the SE league in this year's exchange game, and do not use the designated batter system in the league match And the reverse method.
After the introduction of the DH system, hits by pitcher-only players in DH system-regulated games
■Otani Xiangping(Nippon Ham) is also a fielder and is not covered here.
|1975/6/3||Koji Ota||Kintetsu||Nippon Ham||Right fly|
|1975/8/10||Koichiro Sasaki||南海||Pacific Club||Sangoro election (1 RBI)|
|1976/6/27||Yataro Oishi||Hankyu||Pacific Club||Flight|
|1978/4/8||Hisashi Yamada||Hankyu||Nippon Ham||Strikeout|
|1978/8/23||Kuramochi Akira||Crown lighter||Nippon Ham||Four balls|
|1981/8/10||Hisashi Yamada||Hankyu||Nippon Ham||Yugoro|
|1982/8/12||Miyamoto Shiro||Hankyu||Kintetsu||Left flying|
|1983/6/7||Tomohiko Kinoshita||Hankyu||Nippon Ham||Futaba|
|1990/9/12||Norihiko Yamaoki||Oryx||Nippon Ham||Four balls|
|1991/5/29||Don Surzy||Oryx||Kintetsu||Left home run (1 RBI)|
|1992/5/19||Kiyokawa Eiji||Kintetsu||Fukuoka Daiei||Strikeout|
|2000/8/28||Akifumi Otsuka||Osaka Kintetsu||Chiba Lotte||One liner|
|2001/9/29||Jeremy Powell||Osaka Kintetsu||Chiba Lotte||San'an|
|2004/6/19||Kiyoshi Toyota||Seibu||Nippon Ham||Strikeout|
|2014/8/16||Hirotoshi Masui||Hokkaido Nippon-Ham||Saitama Seibu||Nigoro|
|1987/10/20||Hisanobu Watanabe||Seibu||Lotte||One goro|
|1990/10/11||Kimiyasu Kudo||Seibu||Kintetsu||Four balls|
|Tomoo Watanabe||Three Goro|
|1992/10/10||Hisanobu Watanabe||Seibu||Nippon Ham||Sa left|
|1998/10/10||Fumiya Nishiguchi(2 bats)||Seibu||Chiba Lotte||Strikeout (with two at-bats)|
|1975/9/2||Hisashi Yamada||Hankyu||Nippon Ham||Investment|
|1976/7/6||Masanori Murakami||Nippon Ham||南海||Strikeout|
|1976/7/10||Masanori Murakami||Nippon Ham||Lotte||One liner|
|2000/8/7||Daisuke Matsuzaka||Seibu||Oryx||Nakayasu (2 RBI)|
|2011/5/20||Takeshi Imamura||Hiroshima Toyo||Oryx||Sacrifice|
Open battleCan be used in all games, and the rules are strictly applied. On the other hand, it is used flexibly in the red and white game and practice games. There are also games where it is possible to have two designated batters or to hire them halfway.
- Done on September 2020, 6Yokohama DeNA BaystarsversusYomiuri GiantsIn the practice game of DeNA, DeNA is the starting pitcher in the back of the fifth inning.Harukadai HamaguchiAs a substitute forYasushi KusumotoHowever, he was unable to defend the 6th inning and remained in the batting line as 9th DH. This was approved by the agreement of both directors on the premise of a practice match. The giants also made similar appointments in the next day's game, with both teams playing in the remaining games.
Matches between teams with or without DH adoption
When a team that belongs to an organization that uses the DH system and a team that belongs to a group that does not do so, often adopt the DH system only for the former sponsored match, but it is related to the host There is an increasing number of cases where the DH system is adopted instead.
The pitchers adopted by professionals have a history of playing a core role in blows in high school, but after joining the pros,Otani XiangpingMost of the time, except when he also serves as a fielder, he concentrates on pitchers. In order to preserve the physical strength necessary for pitching, do not swing the bat in the bat, and in order to avoid dead balls, he may be instructed by the pitcher coach to stand away from the home base.
With the introduction of the DH system, it is no longer necessary to incorporate pitchers in which batting power cannot be expected into the batting order, making it possible to form a continuous and aggressive batting order.
At the same time, it became possible to add a fielder, who has a high hitting power but is difficult to defend, as a DH member to the starting team. As a result, it became possible to extend the batting average of the fielder as much as the pitcher could not stand at bat.
Also for pitchers, when they continue to make good pitchesHittingThere is no longer a case where a person is sent and replaced. It also makes it possible for the pitcher to rest while the ally attacks, as the pitcher no longer needs to prepare and stand. Furthermore,Self-ball,Dead ball, Due to cold shoulders, sliding, and base angle when runningsprainIt is also a preferable system for pitchers because it has the effect of preventing breakdowns and exhaustion of physical strength that may occur from the roles of batters and runners.
The DH system is an option that is advantageous only (it is also possible to stand the pitcher at bat without using DH), and the rule does not force you to use it. However, it is disadvantageous for your team to not use it while your opponent team uses the DH system.Open battleExcept for (except for the S-league team often not using DH at the end of the schedule in preparation for the official game).
In NPB in recent years, the basic usage method is either to “fix one specific foreign player for fixed use” or “use multiple players as designated hitters in combination” (so-called “DH rotation”). It is almost impossible to "fix and use one specific Japanese player"[Note 5].. One of the reasons for the decrease in "DH fixed appointment system" in NPB is to use DH appointment as a means when it is necessary to appoint a player who has a failure but can contribute only by the hitting surface...Also, in 2014, there was an opportunity to set up a forum for discussion on the theme of "Should we introduce the DH system in the Central League?" In "Number Web"..
"DH rotation" has been used in MLB for the purpose of occasionally removing even the regular players from the starting field as a measure for overcrowding schedule, but in recent years, for the purpose of resting without fixing a specific player to a designated hitter. Some regular players have infiltrated for the purpose of turning designated batters..New York YankeesServed as a directorJoe GirardiSaid, "I look at the players on that day and decide who is going to be DH. It's also an important job for me to always be in a fresh condition."Starting rotationUnlike, the order is not strictly specified. It has been pointed out that the DH rotation system has excellent cost performance, and it is becoming the center of MLB... As a result, the number of teams that employ batters specialized in batting has decreased, and the evaluation of players with excellent batting but with defensive problems has tended to decline sharply.Home runIsChris CarterWhen he became a free agent, he was forced to sign a contract at a low price of $ 1 million a year after prolonged contract negotiations.
Pros and cons of DH system
OB players and others have expressed their views on the pros and cons of the DH system, and the pros and cons are generally negative.
The biggest criticism of this system is that it distorts the original baseball form of "hit, protect, run.".
Proponents of the DH system itself
- Hiroku Okubo(The pitcher turned from a negative affirmative to a negative in the middle of his active career against standing at bat)
Okubo is in favor of introducing the Central League DH system.The reason is, "The pitcher didn't have time to practice hitting, so it was really helpful in terms of training players for the DH system where the pitcher does not have to stand at bat."RakutenHe speaks based on his experience as a farmer.He also said, "If there is a DH system, fielders will be able to stand in the at-bats more and more due to pinch hitters."When Seibu was a player, he was positive about the pitcher standing at bat because it would be useful if he could do it even with a bunt in a match without a DH system in the Japan series, but in the end he witnessed a substitute hitter for the middle reliever. The pitcher has moved to the position of denying that he is at bat and that the pitcher is practicing batting..
In his own book, there is a description in favor of the DH system because "the pitcher's turn at bat is useless".
It's not easy to get good results as a designated hitter, the level of the pitcher on the mound of the present age (as of the 2022 season) and the pitcher on the turn at bat are too different to compete, especially the pitcher who pitches in midsummer The opinion of the supporters is shown because it may get sick..
He agrees that he can give one extra fielder an opportunity to participate compared to the case without the DH system.Also, referring to Shohei Ohtani's success as a two-sword style of pitcher and designated hitter, the pitcher who can really hit is not deprived of the opportunity to stand at bat by the designated hitter, but he himself can stand at bat as a designated hitter, it is impossible for a two-sword player. Claims that he can stand in the at-bat without having to defend himself..
I agree with the DH system itself in terms of the risk that pitchers will be hit by pitch.He explains in detail why it is difficult for a fielder to avoid an accidental hit by pitch, especially for a pitcher who only occasionally stands at bat.In addition, young pitchers these days (as of January 2020) have pointed out that they are accustomed to college baseball and adult baseball with a DH system, so they tend to be confused about standing at bat. Introduced and unified by introducing league games and high school baseball at Tokyo Big1 Baseball League (without DH system). ".
Proponents of introduction to the Central League
From the fall of 1994 after enrolling in my own universityNihon UniversityTo whichToto University Baseball FederationHas introduced a DH system, and based on the fact that he had already experienced both the rules of having no DH system and having a DH system when he was in college, he affirms that he may be in the Central League in the future.On top of that, he insists that he should experience various roles and positions during the development of baseball players, and there is still no talk that young people in the first year of high school graduates will suddenly become specialized in DH (as of June 1). ) I'm saying that I can't think of it.Also, if the pitcher does not feel like hitting at bat without the DH system,ShynessHe said that it would be okay to make a "declaration strikeout", and that the one at bat that the pitcher is waving in the game is not a problem but not a bad thing..
There is no DH system that favors the introduction to the Central League because it is preferable for a fan to stand at bat for a designated hitter who is willing to hit rather than a pitcher who is not willing to hit. I'm also worried that the real thrill of the game will be lost..
Opponents of the DH system itself
In his column, "From the essence of baseball, it is the correct form for a pitcher to stand at bat."Yasuhiro TakaiWas active as a pinch hitter because the DH system did not exist at that time, and if the DH system is introduced, the players will not make efforts. ".
He tends not to recognize the hitting results due to the benefits of the DH system, and even in his own book, he denied the value of the title of the home run king that Hiromitsu Kadota won in the 1988 season, "I do not recognize it because of DH."
- Masayuki Kakefu(I don't care about the issue of introducing the DH system in the Central League)
Kakefu stated that the issue of introducing the DH system in the Central League "it doesn't matter whether it is introduced or not", and he said that it depends on the request of baseball fans, and then raised the position of a denial about the DH system itself. ing. When the DH system is introduced, the chances of giving a pinch hitter to the pitcher are reduced, so the fielder on the bench can hardly be used. He said it was boring without it, and claimed that the presence or absence of the DH system had nothing to do with the strength of the Central League..
He takes the position of denying "I hate it at all" and criticizes "I have no tactics such as giving a pinch hitter because the pitcher does not stand at bat" and "I participated in the defense as a fielder and made the rhythm of the game". , MLB directors allege that they do not welcome the DH system.Also"Babe RuthIf there was a DH system at the time of his active career, he wouldn't succeed as a big hitter because he didn't have a chance to stand at bat. ".
Opponents of introduction to the Central League
Ochiai may have a difference between the Central League and the Pacific League, or a difference between the American baseball world and the Japanese baseball world. Originally, historically, there was no DH system in the American baseball world. Perhaps you want to see both batter and defense, it is a foreign player who is good at hitting like there are many in the United States after all, the Central League does not acquire enough players to hit, so DH We oppose the introduction of the Central League DH system because the system may not be familiar even if the system is introduced..
Iwamoto himself said, "Sep-pa Exchange BattleThe reason for this is that the presence or absence of the DH system is a characteristic of both the Central League and the Central League, and the presence or absence of the DH system is the tradition of the Central League and the league.・ It is not a difference that will change the history, and baseball players, from youth baseball to professional baseball, are planning tactics while having the attitude as players in the system of the environment where they play baseball. ..Also, I'm not happy with the imitation of the American ball world..
He said, "If you can't defend, hit, or run comprehensively, you won't be a pitcher who can win in the Central League.".
He is appealing to maintain the status quo regarding the existence of the DH system in both the Central League and the Pacific League, and insists that the appearance of the throwing dual wield player and the existence of the DH system are not related..
Even if the number of opportunities for players to participate increases by the amount of the designated hitter, in the end you will rely on foreign players who are good at hitting, I wonder what it is like to aim for a designated hitter from a young age, give a pinch hitter to the pitcher, etc. I oppose the elaborateness of the bench work because the audience in the Central League game enjoys it..
- SE LeagueOfficial view
In Japan, when the Pacific League decided to introduce it, the Se League announced the reasons for not adopting designated batters in nine articles (including the reasons listed above). It is still the official view of the SE League and is also posted on the official website... As a special case only in the 2014 Se-Pac exchange game, the first designated batter system has been adopted in the official game sponsored by the Se-League. Apply 9 people system).
Satozaki points out that if there is no DH system, pitchers can get a chance to play in the turn at bat, but if the DH system is introduced, those players will not have a chance to play.Therefore, there is no DH systemSE LeagueIt is said that younger players are more likely to be given the opportunity to participate, and players are more likely to be given the opportunity to grow up in actual battles, and the introduction of the DH system does not necessarily mean that the team will be thicker.On the other hand, since there is almost no replacement of players for each game, it is analyzed that if there is a DH system, the win or loss does not change much depending on the manager's skill, which is an easy system from the manager's point of view..
Discussion on introduction to the Central League
Since 2005, when the Interleague Play was introduced, the difference in strength between the Central League and the Pacific League has become apparent.In particular, Japan's number one team has been the Pacific League team for eight consecutive years since the Giants in 2012 until 2020.Also in the interleague game, the Central League won only in 8 out of the 2019 times until 15.[Note 6]Therefore, there were many voices of alumni and commentators who pointed out that the lack of a DH system is disadvantageous for these.
- ^ The flex player is the player who defends instead of the designated player.FP; Flex PlayerStands for). The FP may be a player in any defensive position.
- ^ At the end of the 2014 season, there were only three Japanese players who had played more than 800 games as designated batters in total, Kadota (1326 games), Yamazaki (864 games), and Ishimine (801 games). Not not.
- ^ 2022/5/2After that, in MLB, a player registered as a fielder is allowed to serve as a pitcher only under certain game conditions.For more informationRoaster (MLB)# Player classificationSee.
- ^ The starting pitcher on this dayHirohisa MatsunumaHowever, Matsunuma stepped down before standing at bat, and relief relief Hisamu Watanabe made one at bat. The result is one.
- ^ As an example, in the five seasons from 2013 to 2017 at NPB, Japanese players started in more than 5 games as designated hitters.Mori Tomoya(Saitama Seibu Lions, 2015. Starts as a designated hitter in 108 games) Only one player. In addition, including the case where a foreign player started as a designated batter in more than 1 games, there were only 100 cases in 4 seasons ((Andrew Jones[2013 / Rakuten, 2014 / Rakuten],Michel Abreu[2013 Nippon Ham],Willie Mo Pena[2014 Orix, 2015 Tohoku Rakuten],Alfredo Despine[2016, Lotte, 2017, Softbank]).
- ^ After that, in 2021 and 2022, the Central League has won.
- ^ "MLB = "Otani Rule" introduction announcement, can participate in DH even after pitcher dismissal“Reuters” May 2022, 4.2022/4/21Browse.
- ^ Tetsuya Deno "2008 First Baseman & DH Ranking-You can't talk unless you hit it anyway" "Monthly Slugger" No.122, June 2008, Nippon Sports Kikaku Publishing Co., Ltd., pp. 6-17.
- ^ International Sports & Marketing (November 2009, 11). "Remaining, transfer? Shaking Matsui's path... Long-term settlement". Yomiuri Shimbun. originalArchived as of October 2009, 11. 2017/4/25Browse.
- ^ "Hideki Matsui talked about the merits of the DH system, "The player's life has been extended." "We should listen to the opinions of all sites, fans, and OBs."”(Japanese). SANSPO.COM (September 2020, 12). 2021/1/24Browse.
- ^ a b c d e f g h Okuda (2010, p.25)
- ^ a b Toshiya Ono "Major League Strongest Best Nine" PHP Shinsho, 2013, p. 228.
- ^ a b "Opening on April XNUMXth! Expansion of playoff slots, draft lottery, bonus pool system ... Thorough explanation of the contents of the MLB New Labor-Management Agreement <SLUGGER>". THE DIGEST. (March 2022, 3) 2022/3/21Browse.
- ^ Otani, starting pitcher with dual wield special rules No. XNUMX DH-US Major League Baseball Feast --Jiji Press (June 2021, 07)
- ^ “New rules for '22 to affect 2-way players, extra innings”. MLB.com. (December 2022, 3) 2022/4/1Browse.
- ^ ""Otani Rule" officially decided, "Dual Wield" Shohei Otani "I think there is a part that is easy to move as a team" --MLB: Nikkan Sports”(Japanese). nikkansports.com. 2022/4/1Browse.
- ^ “MLB rule changes: Ohtani Rule, automatic runner, expanded April rosters all part of 2022 tweaks”. CBS Sports. (March 2022, 3) 2022/3/31Browse.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i Okuda (2010, pp.22-23)
- ^ "May 2015, 5 Match Results”. Nippon Professional Baseball. March 2022Browse.
- ^ That day, when the professional baseball legend speaks, at that time, Sankei Shimbun Publishing, P97, 2015
- ^ "Professional baseball score bulletin Rakuten vs. Orix”. Nikkan Sports (March 2013, 10). 2017/4/25Browse.
- ^ Shigeru Nakahitani Concurrent Director Super Production Mode DH Asakura, Yoshimi Daibata -October 2015, 3 Daily Sports
- ^ "DH is a reconnaissance officer... Nomura's "Complete Bone Head"". Sports Nippon(July 2011, 5) 2011/5/23Browse.
- ^ "Ham rare play, full-base machine, "4th pitcher Masui" fielder used up...". Sports Nippon(July 2014, 8) 2015/6/11Browse.
- ^ a b c Hiroo Akira. "Professional baseball exchange game, why "the League" is weak”. Toyo Keizai Inc. p. 3. 2020/3/4Browse.
- ^ Mamoru Shikama. “What's next year for the MLB National League special DH system? "There is no need for a pitcher who is not willing to hit at bat"". Number WebBungei Shunju. 2021/3/13Browse.
- ^ This season's exchange battle is a special plan of the 10th year in which the DH system reverses at SE Sports Nippon July 2014, 4 delivery
- ^ "Orix Itoi reveals on behalf of Director Fukura in DH”. Nikkan Sports (March 2015, 8). 2020/12/14Browse.
- ^ "Should I introduce the DH system in the SE League?". Sports Graphic Number WebBungei Shunjusha. As of February 2017, 2originalMore archives.2017/2/9Browse.
- ^ a b Sachiko Mizutsugu (August 2012, 4). “[MLB] Hideki Matsui goes further. Major trend "DH Rote system"". Sportiva WebShueisha. 2020/12/14Browse.
- ^ Central League should introduce DH system Dave Okubo Channel 2021/02/08 (viewed July 2022, 5)
- ^ a b c Should I introduce the DH system? I asked Merton, Brazell, Bohr, and Sands, the helpers of the Hanshin Tigers. Daily Sports 2022.06.02 (Viewed on August 2022, 6)
- ^ Central League DH system Mitsuo Tatsukawa and Akinobu Okada's contradictory views (1/3 page) 2020.01.12 16:00 NEWSポストセブン (週刊ポスト2020年1月17・24日号、2022年6月13日閲覧)
- ^ a b Central League DH system Mitsuo Tatsukawa and Akinobu Okada's contradictory views (2/3 page) 2020.01.12 16:00 NEWSポストセブン (週刊ポスト2020年1月17・24日号、2022年6月13日閲覧)
- ^ [Agree or disagree with DH system] Chiba Lotte ・ Who is this year's DH / DH player who is not good at Shimizu!Takeshi Yamasaki / Se DH system Naoyuki Shimizu Channel 2022 02/25/2022 (viewed June 6, 1)
- ^ Chunichi / Tatsunami coach, Central League DH system "you can try it once" Fan psychology support J-CAST News December 2021, 12 16:12 (viewed June 35, 2022)
- ^ Isao Harimoto's column "I'm against the DH system. From the essence of baseball, it's the right form for a pitcher to stand at bat!" Weekly Baseball ONLINE Wednesday, July 2019, 7 17:11 (viewed June 00, 2022)
- ^ Do you agree with the introduction of DH? ] I asked Mr. Kakefu if there was a team that could beat Softbank. Yutaka Takagi Yutaka 2021/03/27 (viewed June 2022, 6)
- ^ 【Agree?oppose? ] Cromartie throws away the length of thought for the DH system !! [Cromartie's opinion] Cromartie Channel 2021/02/27 (viewed April 2022, 4)
- ^ Hiromitsu Ochiai "My DH theory! What is the real thrill of baseball lost by DH? The annual salary assessment during the director's era is also exposed" [Ochiai Hiromitsu's Ore style channel] [Official] Hiromitsu Ochiai's Ore-style channel 2022/04/25 (viewed April 2022, 4)
- ^ [Great opposition! !! ] I will mention the DH system that I feel from the pitcher's point of view! !! Tsutomu Iwamoto Channel 2021/02/14 (viewed April 2022, 4)
- ^ XNUMX wins What the right arm is talking about on the bench ... Masumi Kuwata Pitcher Chief Coach XNUMX [Teaching of Tsunagi G Coach] Yomiuri Shimbun 2022/05/16 15:00 (viewed on November 2022, 6)
- ^ Central League DH system Mitsuo Tatsukawa and Akinobu Okada's contradictory views (3/3 page) NEWSポストセブン 2020.01.12 16:00 (週刊ポスト2020年1月17・24日号、2022年6月13日閲覧)
- ^ "Baseball question and answer for your retired person”. Nippon Professional Baseball. As of February 2012, 2originalMore archives.2012/2/3Browse.
- ^ [Giants coach Miyamoto has the same opinion! ?? ] It's not just about introducing the DH system!Tomoya Satozaki will explain in detail the negative points of introducing the DH system in the Central League! Satozaki Channel 2020/01/29 (viewed April 2022, 4)
- ^ "Giant Yamaguchi owner proposes new DH system next season Limited time for XNUMX months from the opening & chance limited DH”. Sankei Sports (July 2020, 12). 2021/1/10Browse.
- George F. Will "Baseball"
- Craig R. Wright, Tom House "Baseball Revolution"
- Hideki Okuda et al. "Special Feature: Men Who Live in Blows: "Pride" of Designated Batters"Weekly baseball』No.22,Baseball magazine company, February 2010.