Employees of hotels and inns in Dogo Onsen go to "work area inoculation" The first implementation in the prefecture "can promote safety and security" [Ehime]
If you write the contents roughly
Hotels that are members of the union have expressed their expectations in the interview, saying, "If the inoculation progresses, we can publicize that Dogo Onsen is safe and secure."
The union created at hotels and inns in Dogo Onsen offers "workplace inoculation" to inoculate employees with the new corona vaccine on a workplace-by-workplace basis. → Continue reading
"TV Ehime" (Fuji TV affiliate) news account. We will send you the latest news in Ehime Prefecture.
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Natsume Soseki OfNovel"Botsuchiyan』(1905), Which is a typical tourist destination in Ehime prefecture. In August 2007Regional collective trademark(Regional brands) (ApplicantDogo Onsen Ryokan Cooperative, Registered Trademark No. 5071495).
Simple hot spring.sourcetemperature42-51 degrees (these are mixed and supplied at 46 degrees).GeothermalIt is a non-volcanic hot spring of origin.recent years,Dogo Onsen Main BuildingDue to the influence of the prefectural ordinancechlorineIt became disinfectant, which was controversial.There is plenty of hot water in public baths and hotels in the center of Matsuyama city.Okudogo OnsenIn some cases, the hot water is drawn from.
* Efficacy does not guarantee the effect to everyone.
Hot spring town
DogoHot spring townIs centered on the Dogo Onsen Main Building in the center.The main building itself is a tourist facility, but the shopping district is also crowded with tourists.
From the front of the hot spring main building, take the city trainDogo Onsen StationUp to L-shapedDogo Onsen Shopping StreetThere,giftStores and restaurantEtc. are lined up. At the corner of the L-shape, there is Tsubaki-no-Yu.This is also a communal bath, but the price is cheaper than the main building, and it is often used by locals.
In front of Dogo Onsen Station on the city train, there is a small park called Hojoen, which is a boy.Karakuri clock,Foot bath,Bathand so on.At night in the station squareBocchan trainLocomotives and passenger cars are detained and lit up.In the past, it was pointed out that there was little fun in the daytime in the Dogo Onsen district, but with the footbath in Hojoen, the fun has increased.The footbath has a bench that surrounds the bathtub, so you can sit down and soak your feet in the hot springs to relieve your tiredness from walking.Next to Hojoen, at the entrance of the shopping district, there is the tourist information center of Matsuyama Tourism Convention Association and the office of Dogo Onsen Ryokan Cooperative.
From the north to the east of the hot spring main buildingHotelIt is an inn town.These innsHigh growth periodMany of them have advanced to the area in search of more land, and many of them are large in scale.Almost all the inns near Dogo Shopping Street, which was a major inn town before the war, are no longer open and souvenir shops are now lined up on the site.Footbath / handbathThere are hotels and inns that can be used free of charge.
Also in the surrounding areaDogo Park,Yuzuki CastleTrace,Yu Shrine,Isanami Shrine,Hogonji Temple, Nikita no Michi, Seki Museum,Matsuyama City Shiki Memorial MuseumThere are many attractions such as, and the area forms a tourist attraction.
In recent years, "Matsuyama City has been promoting"Clouds on the slopeIn relation to this, the Akiyama family's grave is located at Sagidani Cemetery.
To the west of the hotel innRed light district・ There is a red-light district, and there are also strip theaters and soapland.There used to be an area lined with Okiya, but now it's almost like an abandoned house.
In recent years, the modern surrounding environment is being improved by bypassing the road in front of the Dogo Onsen Main Building and completely turning it into a sidewalk.In the past, you had to cross a pedestrian crossing, but you succeeded in safely connecting the shopping street and the main building on foot, forming a closer relationship with the shopping street.
Since it is possible to move around Dogo Onsen by rickshaw, there is a rickshaw parking space in front of the main building.
Currently, there are three in Dogo OnsenPublic bathThere is (outdoor bath).
- Dogo Onsen Main Building -Matsuyama Municipal.It is often used by tourists, but there are many locals who live in Matsuyama City and are 65 years old or older because they can take a bath for 200 yen and 85 years old or older can take a bath for free.royalThere is also a new hall, which is a private bathroom.Bathing fee (Kami no Yu) 410 yen.Due to the renovation work, the area of the bathhouse has become significantly smaller, so it is very crowded and there are often queues waiting in line.
- Tsubaki-no-Yu-Matsuyama Municipal, mainly used by local customers.Bathing fee 400 yen Locker fee 10 yen. The museum was closed in 2018 and renovation work was carried out, and the water depth of the bathhouse became shallower with the renewal of the interior and exterior.
- Dogo Onsen Annex Asukano Onsen --Matsuyama Municipal.The design is based on the image of the Asuka period, named after Prince Shotoku's tradition of visiting the hot springs.Bathing fee 600 yen.Since there is no discount for the elderly and the admission fee is high, there are few local customers and there is little congestion, so you can take a bath slowly.
Since all of the above three outdoor baths are public baths, they are rare in Japan and officially allow people with tattoos to take a bath.
Dogo Onsen Shopping StreetEntrance
Inns in the surrounding area
Hot spring inns and hotels are lined up around the Dogo Onsen Main Building.There is no giant ship hotel.In particular, there are several relatively large hotels lined up on both sides of the prefectural road that goes up a gentle slope from the main building.Small inns are located around the main building andMt. KanmuriyamaThere are many along the road on the east side of.The shopping district in front of the main building used to be an inn district, but as access by car has become common and the company is aiming to expand its scale, the inn has moved and is now a souvenir district.
Dogo Onsen is a hot spring that is said to have a history of 3000 years, which is extremely old in Japan ()Mt. KanmuriyamaFrom the middle of the Jomon period about 3000 years agoEarthenware-Stone ball(Sekizoku) has been excavated).Dogo Onsen is a hot spring that appears in historical records as well as in the old days of mythology.Japan's oldestHas a class history.
Ancient from the mythical era
- Shirasagi Legend
- I hurt my leg a long time agoEgretThere is a legend that when he was soaking in the hot water flowing from between the rocks, he healed his wounds and saw him take off, and when the villagers soaked his hands, it was a warm hot spring and confirmed its efficacy.This is the discovery of Dogo Onsen.
- Not only Dogo Onsen, but also Shirasagi and hot springs have a deep connection, and Shirasagi appears in the discovery stories of hot springs in various places.At Dogo Onsen, there is a stone (heron stone) that is said to have left the trace of the egret falling down, and in a small park called Hojoen in front of the city train station. It is set in a corner.
- Shirasagi is also one of the symbols of Dogo Onsen,Dogo Onsen Main BuildingA design with a white egret motif can also be seen on the fence around.In addition, the place name Sagiya remains.
- Iyo countryFudokiYiwen[Annotation 1]
- Japanese mythEra ofSuperpowerとShokoWas traveling from Izumo no Kuni to Iyo no Kuni, but due to the tiredness of a long trip, Sukuna B Kona suffered a sudden illness.Okuninushi is Oita's "Hayami no YuWas led to Dogo through a pipe to the bottom of the sea, and when Kohiko's name was placed on the palm of his hand and soaked in a hot spring to warm it up, he immediately regained his energy, and the delighted Shohiko's name began to dance on the stone.Two gods are engraved on the front of the bathtub to imitate this pattern.
- In addition, the stone that danced on it is dedicated as a "ball stone" on the north side of the Dogo Onsen main building.Like the Shirasagi, there are traces of life that are said to be "footprints".In addition, it should be noted.Arima Onsen,Tamazo OnsenThere are other similar legends all over the country.
- 596, Prince Shotoku (Prince Shotoku) Visit hot water
- It is written in the Iyo Kokudo Fudoki Lost literary work that he stayed at Dogo Onsen for illness treatment.It is said that the prince climbed Isaniwa Oka, praised the scenery and hot water, and left an inscription in commemoration (Iyo Yuoka monument).However, the actual thing has not been discovered until today, and it is considered to be the biggest mystery of Dogo Onsen. There is also a theory that Mr. Kono took it away when building Yuzuki Castle in the 14th century.A monument with the pattern is erected on the green space on the south side of Tsubakinoyu.
- Starting with this, "Japanese calligraphy] OrIsanami ShrineAccording to the company biography of (Hachimangu),Emperor Kageyuki-Emperor Nakaso-Shingo Empress-Emperor Shumei-Emperor Saimei (Empress Kogyoku)・ Middle and big brother prince (laterEmperor Tenchi) ・ Prince of the Sea (laterEmperor Tenmu) And many other imperial families are said to have been lucky.
- 7st century
- 645ToRenewal of DahuaWhen is done, the currentImabariAroundIyo country OfKokufuThe area farther from Kyofu than Kokufu was called "Dogo" (← → Dogo, Dogo), so in posterity, the area with this hot spring was especially called.
- "Nihon Shoki" Tenbu October 13 (684) Seems to be "Iyonoyu's deathlessness", which isHakuho EarthquakeIt indicates that the hot water has stopped due to the ground change caused by the above, and the same phenomenon occurs.Hoei earthquake,Ansei Nankai Earthquake,1946 Nankai earthquakeBut it can be seen, the suspension of hot water isNankai earthquakeIs one of the features of.
- Middle and big brother
- Battle of Shiramura RiverIn front of the middle and big brother Prince (later Emperor Tenji) in JapanBaekjeRallyed the Allies.
- Around the 7th century
- 2005In November, the Matsuyama City Buried Cultural Property Center found a high concentration of hot springs in the stratum around the 11th century from the excavation site east of the Dogo Onsen Main Building.sulfurAnd alkaline springsDiatomAnnounced that it contained the ingredients of.It is attracting attention as a historical material that supports the existence of hot springs that appear in historical books.
- 1239,Hogonji TempleToAll overbirth.
- 14th century,Mr. KonoDominates the area,Yuzuki CastleIs based in.
- 1635(Kanei12), Matsudaira's hot spring management begins
- 1707May 10(HoeiAugust 4, 10) Hoei earthquakeWill stop the gushing for several months.
- 1795(Kansei 7th year),Issa KobayashiVisit hot water
After the Meiji era
- 1894(Meiji27), Dogo Onsen Main Building completed
- In the center of the hot spring townModern Japanese architectureHas a novel design asDogo Onsen Main BuildingIs completed.Next AprilMatsuyama Junior High SchoolI was assigned to Matsuyama City, where there is a hot spring, as an English teacher.Natsume SosekiAdmired the architecture, and wrote a letter and his later work, "Botsuchiyan』In the acclaim.
- According to the letter, you could get "wash your head with soap if you take a bath" for the bathing fee of Hassen, and you could "drink tea and eat sweets" if you go up to the 3rd floor. Is.This Dogo Onsen Main Building is still a symbol of Dogo Onsen.
- 1944(Showa 19)- Dogo Yuno Town, Merged with Matsuyama City
- 1946(Showa 21)- Nankai earthquakeThe hot water stopped springing temporarily, but after about a month, it springs up again.
- 1950(Showa 25)- Emperor Showa,bathing.
- 1956(Showa 31) --62 inns when the indoor bath was founded
- 1966(Showa 41) --Opened "Bocchan no Ma" on the XNUMXrd floor of the Dogo Onsen Main Building.
- 1977(Showa 52) --Dogo village tour begins
- 1986(Showa 61)- Ehime Prefectural Cultural Hallopen.
- 1988(63)4 - Seto Ohashi BridgeOpening, peaking number of guests
- 1994(6)- Dogo Onsen Main BuildingIn the countryImportant cultural propertySpecified in.
- In the same year, the XNUMXth anniversary of the construction of the main building, the installation of a mechanism clock,Bocchan trainRestoration operation (at a vacant lot next to the Prefectural Cultural Center)
- Around this time, efforts to revitalize the Dogo Onsen Town Development Council, which can be proud of, began.
- 19948 --Summer abnormal drought
- 199412 --Dogo Onsen Main BuildingImportant cultural propertySpecified
- 1996(8)3 ――The maintenance plan for Dogo Park is finalized.The direction as a medieval historic park is shown.
- 1996- Prince ShotokuVisiting hot spring 1400
- 19967 ――The time drum (Tokidaiko) struck by the Shinsagikaku is "100 Soundscapes of Japan to KeepIs selected.
- 19967 --DogoLocal beerRelease
- 1997(9)6 --Mt. Kanmuriyama's new treasure villa surrendered, started to be used as a parking lot
- 1998(10)5 --Tourism volunteer guide activity started
- 19995 - Setouchi Shimanami KaidoOpening
- 2001(13)3 - Geiyo EarthquakeOccurrence (24th), damage caused by the collapse of one inn
- 200110 - Dogo Onsen Shopping StreetNickname is decided as "Hikara-dori"
- 200112 --- "" near the entrance of the innFoot bathInstallation begins.
- 2002(14)2 --Announcement of the activation concept "DO! GO! 21" by the Dogo Onsen Town Development Council
- 20023 --Experience in HojoenFoot bathInstallation
- 20024 - Dogo ParkYuzuki CastleTrace open
- 200212 --Installation of footbath in Hojoen
- 2003 - chlorineOutbreak of turmoil
- 2005Degree, nationwideUrban regenerationAs a model survey project, we held a casual photo contest, a Dogo village tour workshop, and a symposium to think about the landscape.
- 20051 --Giyaman Garden Open
- 20057 --Nikatsu no Michi Morning Market started (held on the 4th Sunday thereafter)
- 2006(17)3 --Dogo Onsen Shopping Street NewarcadeComplete
- 20063 --Final Report of Dogo Onsen Main Building Conservation and Restoration Review Committee
- 20064 --A XNUMXth anniversary event of Natsume Soseki's novel "Botchan"."Soseki Botchan Monument" installed in a vacant lot on the east side of the main building
- 2007(19)3 - 100 beautiful historical sites in JapanToMatsuyama CastleSelected with
- 20078 - Regional brandsCertification
- 2009(21)3 - Michelin guide(Sightseeing spot) "2 stars" in the Japanese edition[Annotation 2]Selected as
- 20094 - Heisei XNUMX viewWas selected.
- 20179 --The new outdoor hot spring "Dogo Onsen Annex Asukanoyu" opens.
Treatment in works of art
- Natsume Soseki"Botsu-chan"
- Shiki MasaokaSoseki Natsume, who had a friendship with him, wrote a novel set in Matsuyama, "BotsuchiyanDogo Onsen is taken up inDogo Onsen Main BuildingIs "Bocchan hot waterAlso called.Soseki, who was assigned to this area as an English teacher in April 28, is Shiki andKyoshiHe often went out to Dogo, saying, "Dogo Onsen is a very nice building, and if you put out eight coins, you will go up to the third floor, drink tea, eat sweets, and if you take a bath, you will wash your head with soap. I have written a letter saying "It's quite a palace."Current "Between the boysIs a son-in-law made from Soseki.Yuzuru MatsuokaIt becomes the name of.On the east side of the main building, there is a stone monument commemorating the 100th anniversary of the announcement of "Botchan".
- The Tale of GenjiAppeared as a bathtub girder in Iyo
- Genji MonogatariEvening gloryIn the volume, Iyonosuke came to Tokyo and said, "I would like to ask how many bathtubs I have to tell the story of the country ...". While listening to the souvenir stories of "Iyo Nosuke's (local Iyo no Kuni)", I wanted to ask (Mr. Hikaru Genji) how many famous Iyo hot spring girders there are ... " It can be seen that "Iyo no Yu Girder" appeared in a very popular form in the conversations of the courtiers and aristocrats at that time.
- There are various theories about "hot water girder", the theory that the bathtub itself is filled with hot water, the theory that it is between the hot water pot and the hot water tank, and that several boards are passed vertically to the hot water pot and enjoyed bathing on it. There is a theory that it is a personal enclosure.
- As a model of "Spirited Away"
- Studio GhibliThe animated movie "Spirited Away], It is stated that the Dogo Onsen Main Building has become one of the models of the "oil shop" that appears in this work.
Decrease in the number of inns and guests
In May 2010, the number of inns at Dogo Onsen in Matsuyama City has halved in the last 5 years, and the number of people who can stay has decreased by about 20%.Was reported..According to the private research institute "Iyogin Regional Economic Research Center (IRC)", "Travel demand has shifted from groups to small groups and individuals, but Dogo Onsen has capital investment such as banquet halls based on group demand around the bubble period. ”, Pointing out that the cause of the slump was a delay in agile response.The number of inns in Dogo Onsen was 1989 in 58 (capacity 9404), but in 2009 it increased to 31 (6665).
Efforts for activation
- Dogo Village Tour
- Landscape problem
- Dogomura Karakuri Newspaper
- Dogo Onsen Revitalization Campaign "Omotenashi Dogo"
Directions and Parking
- JRMatsuyama Stationから
- Yosan lineFrom Matsuyama StationIyo RailwayCity train■Line 5 orBocchan trainAt the end of Dogo OnsenDogo Onsen StationTo (about 20 minutes).
- Iyo Railway,Matsuyamashi Station(Abbreviation / City Station) Transfer
- From Matsuyama-shi station square station, the same city train■Line 3 orBocchan trainDogo Onsen Station, the final stop.
- Iyotetsu Bus No. 8 bound for Dogo Onsen via Higashino and get off at the end point
- Iyotetsu Bus No. 52 bound for the back of Okudo Get off at Dogo Onsen Station.
- Matsuyama Airportから
- From Matsuyama Airport, there is an airport limousine bus bound for Dogo Onsen Station via JR Matsuyama Station.About 40 minutes to the end station.In addition, 52 general route buses stop by.
- Matsuyama Tourist Portから
- From Matsuyama Kanko Port, take the Iyotetsu Limousine Bus to JR Matsuyama Station, Matsuyama City Station via Dogo Onsen Station, and get off at the end point.It takes about 40 minutes.
- Or 10 minutes walkTakahama Stationから■Takahama LineでFurumachi StationorOtemachi StationorMatsuyamashi StationGet off, change trams and fixed-route buses.
- by car
- Matsuyama ExpresswayMatsuyama ICFromNational Route 33, Approximately 8km via the Matsuyama Eastern Circular Route.
- A small mountain next to the main building (Mt. Kanmuriyama・ There is a municipal toll parking lot above (Kanmuriyama).However,Dogo Onsen Main BuildingFree for up to 1 hour for users of Tsubakinoyu.
- Express Bus
- ^ Asahi Samukawa "Earthquake history of the shaking Japanese archipelago," published by Dohosha, 1997
- ^ According to a survey by the private research institute "Iyogin Regional Economic Research Center (IRC)".[Detailed information for identifying documents]
- ^ "Dogo Onsen of" Bo-chan ", inn halved in 20 years". Yomiuri Shimbun(July 2010, 5) [Broken link]
- Dogo Onsen Editorial Committee "Dogo Onsen" Matsuyama City Tourism Association[Detailed information for identifying documents]
- Outdoor bath
- Hot spring numbering
- XNUMX hot springs
- List of hot springs in Japan
- Japan's Sankoyu
- Dogo Onsen (asteroid)
- Tourist destinations in Ehime prefecture
- 100 New Japan Tourist Destinations
- 100 New Japan Travel Destinations
- List of tourist spots in Japan
- Japan's oldest list
- Isaniwa Yukiya