For homecoming and travel, the peak congestion at Sendai Airport
If you write the contents roughly
A person returning from Osaka to Iwate "I wasn't able to go home because I was just on holiday, so I wonder if there is only this timing (the infection situation has settled down)."
U-turn congestion is expected to peak on the 2nd and 3rd of next month, and security checkpoints are expected to be congested both in the morning and afternoon, so Sendai Airport is calling for action with plenty of time.
Sendai Airport has reached its peak of congestion since the 28th, with people spending the year-end and New Year holidays at Furusato and travel destinations.At Sendai Airport ... → Continue reading
khb East Japan Broadcasting
This is a news account of "Higashinippon Broadcasting" (TV Asahi series) in Miyagi prefecture.
Under the theme of "Getting to know Miyagi's" I want to know "as soon as possible!", We will deliver the events of Miyagi and the interests of the citizens of the prefecture in an easy-to-understand manner.
khb Higashinippon Broadcasting is looking for incidents, accidents, happening videos, etc. as "everyone is a photographer".
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Sendai Airport(Sendai Ikukou) isMiyagiNatori CityとIwanuma CityLocated acrossTohoku regionthe onlyCountry controlled airport(Former Type XNUMX (A) Airport)[Note 1].2016/May 7Operated bySendai International Airport Co., Ltd.Transferred (privatized) to.Airport terminal buildingIs in Natori CityRunwayExtends to Iwanuma City.Nickname isSendai International Airport[Note 2].
Close to the coast of central and southern Miyagi prefecture,Sendai city OfJRSendai StationLocated about 14km south-southeast ofAirport connecting trainIsSendai Airport Access LineIt is tied with.Vast during takeoff and landingThe Pacific OceanとSendai TaiwanThe sandy beach that continues alongSand protection forestPine forest, flowing north and southTeiyama CanalAndOu MountainsEmbraced bySendai PlainAnd the buildings in the city are under a panoramic view.
RunwayThere are two runways, the 1,200-meter runway A, which has been in operation since its opening, and the 3,000-meter runway B, which was later expanded and extended, and intersects the "y" shape.Basically, Runway ACessnaSmall aircraft such as, Runway BPassenger planeUsed by medium-sized and large-sized machines such asAviation CollegeFor training, small machines such asInstrument landing gearUse Runway B, which can be used by (ILS).Public use at many airports in other prefectureshelicopterCan also be seen,Miyagi Prefectural PoliceThe helicopter is located in Kasuminome, Wakabayashi-ku, SendaiJapan Ground Self-Defense ForceKasume AirfieldTo use.
CurrentTerminal buildingWas put into service in the entire building in July 1997, but it was constructed.Heart building methodStipulated inBarrier-freeIt met the standards and became the first airport facility in Japan to be certified by the law in December 1995...Enacted after completionTraffic barrier-free lawIt was maintained to match.
In addition, the walls of the departure lobby and waiting room will be entirely covered with glass to reduce the use of lighting.Resource savingThe point that is given There are also features such as the roof having three wavy shapes.The observation deck has a rooftop "Smile Terrace" (initially 3 yen for junior high school students and above, free of charge when privatized) and an indoor 100rd floor (free of charge).The atrium where escalators gather in the central part of the terminal building is called "Plaza", and when the fountain in the center is drained, it changes to a stage with lighting function, and events can be held. There is an airport museum "Tobucha" on the 3rd floor,Airbus A300-600RMolded cockpit (actual)Boeing 747Business sheets etc. are on display.
Number of users
Original wikidata queryPlease refer to.
|年度||Number of passengers (people)|
|Domestic flights||International flights||Total|
The number of passengers1968/In (43), the number of people exceeded 10 a year. But,1975/In (50), the number of people reached 54.7 a year.,1978/Over 53 million people a year in (100)In 1981 (Showa 56), the number exceeded 150 million people / year.1982/(57)May 6ToTohoku Shinkansen(Omiya Station - Morioka Station) Opened, the number of passengers at this airport, where Haneda flights were operated, has been sluggish since the same year.Ueno Station --The section between Omiya Station has been extended and opened.1985/The flight was abolished with (60).
In the 1990sDeregulationByCheap flightsAppeared, Personal travel increased In addition to this, the number of passengers is increasing due to the first international scheduled flights to the airport, the extension of the runway and the completion of the new passenger terminal building. In 1999 (Heisei 11), the number increased to 338.5 million / year.After that, it continued to level off, but in 2006 (Heisei 18) it exceeded the peak of 338.7 thousand people / year and 1999...With the rise in fuel prices, fare increases will begin on domestic flights from 2007 (Heisei 19)., The number of passengers has been declining. Since 1996 (Heisei 8), it has maintained more than 300 million people / year,Lehman shockSince the occurrence of 2008 (Heisei 20), the number has decreased below 300 million people / year.2011/(23)May 3Due to the damage caused by the tsunami caused by the 2010 off the Pacific coast of Tohoku Earthquake (Great East Japan Earthquake), business was temporarily suspended. For the first time, it fell below 22 million people / year and remained at 262.2 million people / year... In 2012 (Heisei 24), the resumption of routes recovered one after another... From April 2013 (Heisei 25)Cheap airlineThe number of passengers on domestic flights has increased significantly since the first service of the company, and since the same year, it has exceeded 300 million passengers / year again..
The number one destination on the day of passengers with Sendai Airport as the destination side is Sendai City, which is about half of the total (1).%), 2th placeThree Views of Japan-MatsushimaThere isMatsushima Town(7.2%), 3rd place is in the neighboring prefectureYamagataIt is (4.5%), and about 3% of the destinations are outside Miyagi prefecture on the day.In the case of business, 72.4% of the respondents set the destination in Sendai City on the day, while in the case of sightseeing, Sendai City (24.8%), Matsushima Town (15.4%),Naruko Town(CurrentOsaki(Part of), and other destinations areAkitaTazawako Town(CurrentSemboku CityPart of)AomoriTowadaOr Yamagata CityMorioka,FukushimaOf neighboring prefectures such asPrefectural office locationAndTohoku regionSpread to various places.
The number of domestic passengers peaked at 1999 million in 11 (Heisei 296.5) and decreased to 2000 million in 12 (Heisei 277.5).After that, it gradually increased to 2006 in 18 (Heisei 304.8), reaching the 300 million mark for the first time.However, it decreased again after that. In 2011 (Heisei 23), the number fell below 18 million for the first time in 200 years due to the impact of the Great East Japan Earthquake (177.7 million)... 2013 (Heisei 25) degree,Peach(LCC)・Sky markThe number of passengers recovered to 298.9 million, the second highest level after 2006..The following year, 2014, Skymark will open more routes, etc.Recorded 307.2 passengers, the highest number in the history of port opening.
The ratio of passengers resident in the Tohoku region on domestic flights at Sendai Airport is 70% in Miyagi prefecture.Iwate9.2%,Yamagata8.2%,FukushimaIt is 7.7% and 4.9% for others, spreading to neighboring prefectures of Miyagi prefecture...Especially around Yamagata CityMurayama regionFukushima prefectureNakadoriNorthern andHamadoriIn the northern region, Sendai Airport is the airport of choice.
Among domestic passengers, there are more passengers coming from other regions (domestic flight visitor ratio 56.6%. Reference:Nagoya23.4%,Hiroshima52.3%).This is because there are many business customers from Kansai, Hokkaido, and Kyushu, and SendaiBranch economy cityIt reflects that.
The number of international passengers peaked at 2000 in 12, and the economy was sluggish.American terrorist attacksDecreased due to the influence of. Every 2003 (Heisei 15)SARSThe number decreased to 25.1.After that, the number of people recovered and reached 2007 in 19 (Heisei 35.0).After that, the number remained around 25, but in 2011 (Heisei 23), it decreased significantly to 6.9 due to the impact of the Great East Japan Earthquake., Stayed at 26.5% compared to the previous year.. In 2012 (Heisei 24), it remained sluggish due to worsening relations with neighboring countries.Due to a series of suspensions, it was not possible to recover in a V shape... In 2013 (Heisei 26),Hawaii-ThailandAlthough regular flights to Japan have been launched, short-distance international flights have been suspended or reduced.The number of passengers also decreased slightly.. In FY2016, the number of regular flights to Taiwan and South Korea increased, resulting in a significant increase of 4% from the previous year.
The ratio of residents in the Tohoku region on international flights at Sendai Airport is 40.0% for residents in Miyagi prefecture, and the remaining 6% is for users from neighboring prefectures (Yamagata prefecture 19.7%, Iwate prefecture 14.3%, Fukushima prefecture 10.6%, others 15.4%)..In particular, the utilization rate of Sendai Airport for Yamagata citizens traveling outside Japan exceeds 50%, and Sendai Airport is the first choice..
The breakdown of airports used by Japanese departures residing in the Tohoku region in 1999 (Heisei 11) isNarita54.1%, Sendai 30.1%,Kansai6.1%,Aomori2.7%,Fukushima2.0%, Haneda 1.9%,Niigata1.2%, others 1.9%.
The number of foreign passengers at Sendai Airport is about 30% of all international passengers...The main purpose of travel for foreign passengers using Sendai Airport is for KoreansGolf,Ski, TaiwaneseSpaEtc. (Ratio of users by foreign settlement at Sendai Airport: South Korea50.0%,Taiwanas well as the Mainland China23.1%, Europe 11.5%).
As a place once used for airplane takeoff and landing in SendaiMiyagi field,Kawauchi OimawashiAnd so on. In 1933 (Showa 8), in the southeast of Sendai city areaMinistry of CommunicationsThe Sendai Airfield under its jurisdiction was established.Sendai Airfield was a stopover for regular flights between Tokyo and Sapporo..This airfield was requisitioned by the expeditionary forces after the war, and then the Ground Self-Defense ForceKasumime GarrisonIt became.
On the other hand, in 1940 (Showa 15),Natori-gunTamaura VillageとShimomasuda VillageThe Army has set up an airfield in the area that straddles the area, and hereKumagai Army Flight SchoolMasuda branch school education corps was placed..This airfield was requisitioned by the expeditionary forces after the war and then returned to Japan in 1956 (Showa 31).Ministry of TransportとDefense AgencyBecame a jointly managed area of..This airfield was called Sendai Airfield..The following year, in 1957 (Showa 32), the regular route connecting Sendai Airport and Tokyo International Airport (Haneda) was transported by Japanese helicopter (later).All Nippon Airways) Was established. In 1962 (Showa 37),Japan Air Self-Defense ForceHas moved from this airfield and has become a facility under the sole jurisdiction of the Ministry of Transport. In 1964 (Showa 39),Airport maintenance lawBased on the designation of Type XNUMX Airport, the name was changed to Sendai Airport at this time..
As of 1964 (Showa 39), when it was established as Sendai Airport, Sendai Airport had one 1200-meter runway.Around this time, Japan was in a period of high economic miracle, and due to the increase in aviation demand, Japan was also in an era when aircraft materials were becoming larger and jets were being used.In response to this, runways were constructed all over Japan.The Ministry of Transport formulated the "First Airport Development Five-Year Plan" in 1 (Showa 1967), which resulted in the development of a 42-meter runway at Sendai Airport.This 2000-meter runway was newly constructed separately from the old runway, and at Sendai Airport, the old A runway and the new B runway, a total of two runways coexisted. Runway B was completed in 2000 (Showa 2), and in that yearJetIn service to Sendai Airport.
Since the opening of the port, the number of users of Sendai Airport has been increasing every year. In 1981 (Showa 56), the total number of passengers at Sendai Airport was about 150 million.However, when the Tohoku-Hokkaido Shinkansen opened temporarily between Omiya Station and Morioka Station in 1982, the number of Sendai Airport users began to decrease, and in 57 (Showa 1985) the Shinkansen went to Ueno Station. After the extension, the number of users dropped further.Comparing the required time and fare, the aircraft was disadvantageous and the railroad was advantageous for traveling between Sendai and Tokyo.As a result, All Nippon Airways' Sendai / Haneda flights were abolished in 60 (Showa 1985)..
The runway was made 2500 meters during the period from Showa to Heisei. Formulated by the government in 1987 (Showa 62)Fourth National Comprehensive Development PlanThen,Tokyo extreme concentrationThe purpose was to disperse to rural areas and to make the land multipolar.Among them, the expansion of the functions of regional airports was included for internationalization, and Sendai Airport was targeted.Under these circumstances, there was a move toward the launch of regular international flights to Sendai Airport.At that time, Sendai Airport had international charter flights, but no regular international flights. In 1988 (Showa 63), the "Sendai-Seoul Regular Flight Opening Promotion Liaison Committee" consisting of the Tohoku Economic Federation and Miyagi Prefecture was formed, and this member visited South Korea several times to cooperate in opening regular flights. I asked.Asiana Airlines responded to this by launching regular flights between Sendai Airport and Gimpo International Airport in South Korea in 1990 (Heisei 2).After this, regular flights from Sendai to Guam, Singapore, Hong Kong, Dalian, etc. continued...The 2500-meter runway was completed in 1992, and in commemoration of this, All Nippon Airways and Japan Airlines each flew with a Boeing 4... From 1996 (Heisei 8) to 1997 (Heisei 9), the new passenger terminal building was put into service, and in 1998 (Heisei 10), Runway B became 3000 meters... In 2007 (Heisei 19), the Sendai Airport Line, which is an airport connecting railway, opened..
Great East Japan Earthquake
March 2011, 23 (Heisei 3) 11:14,Tohoku-Pacific Ocean Earthquake(Great East Japan Earthquake)There has occurred.The runway was closed immediately, About 1400 passengers, local residents and employees have evacuated to the terminal building.
15:56, due to the earthquake(I.e.Arrived and the airport and related facilities were flooded.The terminal building was flooded to a height of 3.02 meters, and a large amount of automobiles and rubble flowed into the first floor of the facility and leaked.gasolineThe freight building ignited.About 80 domestic flights and 8 international flights are scheduled to arrive and depart at Sendai Airport on this day, and passenger planes will not be parked 1-3 times a day, each only at intervals of a few minutes to 4 minutes. It wasn't, but if it operates on time, it will arrive at 20:1, one minute before the main shock.OsakaMiraculously there were no passenger planes on the runway because Japan Airlines flight 2209 from Sendai was delayed due to bad weather..Japan Coast Guard,Aviation College67 aircraft including trainer aircraft, private small aircraft and helicopters Was damaged by the tsunami without being able to take off, such as the hangar door being damaged and unable to go outside, or being damaged by contact inside the hangar...Of these, the Japan Coast GuardDHC-8-315Only "Mizu Nagi" was repaired, but repairs of other aircraft were abandoned..
Air traffic control stopped due to the evacuation of the controller from the control tower immediately after the earthquake.Toho Airlines Tohoku Regional Development BureauWas entrusted with the operationDisaster recovery helicopterAnd have a contract with NHKAll Nippon helicopterThe aircraft escaped accidental damage and took off at its own discretion without being subject to air traffic control, collecting information on the damage situation and relaying images of the tsunami that struck..
1659 people, including passengers, local residents such as elderly homes, and airport staff, evacuated to the 3rd floor of the terminal.Airport loungeWas opened and the water and sweets displayed at the souvenir shop were distributed... In the afternoon of March 3ambulance,MicrobusArrived, evacuation of evacuees started, and all but the airport staff left the airport by March 3th...Foreigners among the evacueesTohoku UniversityWas only American astronomer Michael Mendiro attending the symposium.
XNUM X Month X NUM X Day,US Air ForcePacific Special Operations CommandYamagata AirportI took out a helicopter from the sky and scouted the disaster area from the sky.The U.S. military has been severely damaged in the transportation infrastructure of roads, railroads, and ports, and in order to make Sendai Airport a base for reconstruction support activities by air transportation, Runway B will take two days on the morning of the following day. Requested the Japanese side to remove the rubble and secure a clearance of 14 m, and in response to this, take charge of runway maintenanceMaeda Road The restoration work was carried out at a rapid pace.The scene of the original runway drawn by the tsunami was scattered rubble andAutomobileNot only that, the body was also painful lying down..
XNUM X Month X NUM X Day,United States Federal Government TheFukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant AccidentConsidering the influence ofUS Army in Japan50 from the nuclear power plant to its own people includingMiles(80 km) Recommended to evacuate out of service area.Sendai Airport was within that range.In the meantime, the US military's Sendai Airport enlightenment operation was started.US Air Force 320th Special Tactical Squadron (Kadena Air BaseIn the early morning with a battle controller (resident)Yokota Air Base17th Special Operations Squadron Transport AircraftMC-130PBut,Japan Air Self-Defense ForceMatsushima BaseI landed on the sub-runway.Combat controllers as they areHumveeI took a ride and headed for Sendai Airport under the guidance of the Self-Defense Forces.When an instant control system using a backpack radio (portable radio) was established at Sendai Airport, restoration equipment and personnel of the 14rd Special Operations Unit were installed at 30:353.MC-130HForced to land on Runway B.Officials who were watching were amazed at the pilot's ability to land on the runway, which is only 1500 meters long."That flight was the scariest thing I've ever done," said the pilot.In addition, by March 3th, will be resident at Camp Kisner.US Marine CorpsCombat Support Regiment consisting ofCamp FujiU.S. Marine Corps entered the airport by land with heavy equipment, and on March 3, a large transport aircraftC-17Has recovered by the time it can land. On March 3,Sagami General Supply DepotからUS ArmyThe 35th Logistics Task Force was dispatched to take over the Air Force and Marine Corps for restoration work at Sendai Airport (removal of rubble and about 3,000 damaged vehicles, etc.)..U.S. troops involved in the restoration effort on March 3Garbage pickingWithdrew after.
The U.S. military will use this airport to transport more than 200 million tons of food, water, and blankets to the disaster area, and until April 4, the U.S. Air Force, the Marine Corps, and the Self-Defense Forces will carry out joint relief activities between Japan and the United States.Operation TomodachiWas used as a base for.
On April 4, "" made using driftwood on the coast near Sendai AirportARIGATOWas discovered by Colonel Robert Toss, the commander of the Sendai Airport restoration work, and he said that he was honored to be able to assist in the restoration of Sendai Airport in a later memorandum..
Immediately after the disaster, Sendai Airport, which was thought to take at least half a year to recover its functions, was restored in an astonishing 33 days by the joint work of the US military and Maeda Road.On October 4stJapan AirlinesHas resumed the first flight[Note 3],Japan Airlines·All Nippon Airways-AIRDO-IBEX AirlinesOperates a special flight.May 7All Nippon Airways / AIRDO / IBEX Airlines,May 9Regular flights of Japan Airlines resumed..With the complete restoration of the terminal building on September 9, international flightsSeoul/Incheonline(Asiana Airlines) Regular flights resumed, and then the flights were resumed on July 2012, 24.Changchunline(China Southern Airlines) All routes were restored with the resumption.
Sendai Airport RailwayWas damaged by the submergence of the tunnel on the airport premises.May 4After that, we operated on behalf of the bus.May 10ToSendai Airport StationReopened on the same daySendai Airport LineHas been fully restored.
Clean the rubble of the parking lot3rd Marine Expeditionary ForceAmerican Marines
(2011 3 年 月 日 19)
- 1940/(Showa15 years)- Japanese ArmyByNatori-gunShimomasuda Village(CurrentNatori CityFrom Shimomasuda) to the same countyTamaura VillageYanome (currentlyIwanuma City) To the groundKumagai Army Flight SchoolNatori Branch School It was built as "Natori Airfield", "Masuda Airfield", "Yanome Airfield", etc.Popular nameWas used.
- 1943/(18)May 10 - Mito Army Flight SchoolTransferSendai Army Flight SchoolInstalled.
- 1945/(Showa 20)- Post-war occupationToTroops(U.S. Forces) Will be requisitioned.
- 1956/(Showa 31) --Returned from the US military,Defense AgencyとMinistry of TransportIt will be shared with.
- 1972/(47)May 2 --Jet and start operation of Runway B at 2,000m..Aviation school is GSDFKita Utsunomiya GarrisonMoved to.
- 1973/(48) March 3-Iwanuma Garrison abolished.
- 1978/(53)May 6 --Soul line service, the first international charter flight.
- 1990/(Heisei2 years)-Become the first international routeAsiana Airlines OfSeoul/GimpoThe flight goes into service.
- 1992/(4) --Extended Runway B to 2,500m.
- 1994/(6) July --Start of construction of new passenger terminal building.
- 1996/(8) March --The international passenger terminal opens in advance.
- 1997/(9)May 7 --The new passenger terminal building is fully opened.
- 1998/(10)May 3 --Extended Runway B to 3,000m.
- 2007/(19)May 3 - Sendai Airport Access Line(Sendai Station - Sendai Airport StationwhileDirect operation) Opened.
- 2013/(25)May 8 --Started providing "Sendai Airport FREE Wi-Fi" and "Sendai Airport Wi-Fi Portal Site".
- 2015/(27) March 3-At the international arrival lobbyKatsuhiro OtomoInstalled and released a ceramic mural by.
- 2016/(28) July 7-Complete transition to operation of Sendai International Airport Co., Ltd.
- 2021/(Reiwa3 years)
- May 2 --Occurred the day beforeFukushima Prefecture Offshore EarthquakeDue toTohoku ShinkansenWas damaged and the operation was suspended for a long time.Due to this effect, special flights were operated to and from Tokyo / Haneda, etc...The extra flight from Tokyo / Haneda to Sendai will be the first in about 10 years since the Great East Japan Earthquake..
- May 4 --The passenger record for 2020 has been released.New coronavirus (COVID-19)The number of passengers has dropped to the 2011 million level since 100.In addition, 0 passengers have been recorded on international flights since the first year of the opening of Sendai Airport.
- May 7 --Extended operating hours from 7 hours from 21:14 to 7:22 to 14 hours and 30 minutes from XNUMX:XNUMX to XNUMX:XNUMX.
- May 10 --The Sendai Flight Assistance Center (FSC), which had been set up at the Sendai Airport Office, was abolished.Odate Noshiro Airport,Shonai Airport OfRemote controlTheNew Chitose Airport OfficeTransferred business to New Chitose Airport Anti-Aircraft Center.
- 2022/(4nd year of Reiwa)
- May 3 - 16 daysOccurred at midnightFukushima Prefecture Offshore EarthquakeAs a result, the Tohoku Shinkansen Yamabiko No. 223 (for Sendai) derailed between Fukushima and Shiroishi Zao (Tohoku Shinkansen derailment accident) Due to the influence, ANA was closed from this day because it was interrupted between Nasu Shiobara and Morioka.24 daysUntil, Japan Airlines18 daysからMay 4Operated a special flight between Haneda and Sendai.
- International Passenger Terminal-March 1998
- Domestic Passenger Terminal-July 1999
- Operation --Sendai Airport Building
- Total floor area --44,170.59m2 
- Number of gates --52 berths
- Jet gate: 14 berths (3 berths for international flights, 10 berths for domestic flights, 1 berth for shared flights)
- Large jet: 4 berths
- Medium jet: 4 berths
- Small jet: 6 berths
- Gate for small aircraft: 38 berths
- Jet gate: 14 berths (3 berths for international flights, 10 berths for domestic flights, 1 berth for shared flights)
General area Restricted area Domestic flights International flights R floor
- Rooftop observation deck "Smile Terrace"
- Airport Museum "Tobucha"
- Business lounge "EAST SIDE"
- Paid waiting room
Sendai Airport Station-
Parking lot connecting passage
- Domestic departure lobby
- Domestic check-in counter
- International departure lobby
- International check-in counter
- Prayer room
- Cafe / shopping zone
- Boarding gate
- Security inspection
- Immigration control
- Departure waiting room
- Duty free shops and cafes
- Arrival concourse
- Arrival concourse
- Quarantine inspection station
- Immigration office
- Baggage claim
- Baggage claim
- Customs inspection
Located to the west of the airport terminal building, adjacent to the control tower.
Sendai Airport Office, Tokyo Civil Aviation Bureau, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism
Base organization, etc.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism
- Japanese Meteorological Agency
- Immigration Control Agency
- Immigration Bureau of SendaiSendai Airport Branch Office
- Japan Coast Guard
- Ministry of Defense
- Japan Ground Self-Defense ForceIwanuma Training Ground
- Private enterprises
List of routes in service
If there are two or more airlines, operate with the aircraft / crew of the airlines listed in the upper row.Jointly operated flights (codeshare flights).
COVID-19Due to the influence of, some routes have been suspended for a long time.For details, refer to the websites of airline companies.
|Japan Airlines (JAL) [Note 5]||New Chitose,Osaka/Itami,Fukuoka|
|All Nippon Airways (ANA) [Note 6]||New Chitose,Tokyo/Narita,Nagoya/Chubu, Osaka / Itami|
|Sky mark (SCI)||Kobe|
| Air Do (ADO) |
・ All Nippon Airways (ANA)
| IBEX Airlines (IBX) |
・ All Nippon Airways (ANA)[Note 7]
|New Chitose, Nagoya / Chubu, Osaka / Itami, Hiroshima,Matsuyama(Operates until March 2022, 3),Fukuoka|
| Fuji Dream Airlines (FDA) |
・ Japan Airlines (JAL)
|Peach Aviation (APJ)||New Chitose, Nagoya / Chubu,Osaka/Kansai,Naha|
|route||Number of passengers||Ranking|
|Osaka International Airport||About 89 million people||33 bit|
|New Chitose Airport||About 81 million people||36 bit|
International connecting flights
Some flights connecting Sendai Airport with Narita International Airport, Chubu Centrair International Airport, New Chitose Airport, and Fukuoka Airport are given the flight number of a foreign airline as a code-share flight.Use with a foreign airline flight number is limited to international connecting passengers, and use only with domestic flights is the flight number of the operating airline.Also, for flights connecting Sendai Airport and Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport, as a code-share flight,Third countrySome flights are given the airline flight number.Use with the airline flight number is limited to passengers connecting to a third country.
If there are two airlines, the flights are jointly operated by the airline's aircraft and crew listed in the upper row (codeshare flights).
COVID-19Due to the influence of, all flights are suspended.
| Asiana Airlines (OZ)|
-All Nippon Airways (NH)
|South Korea-Incheon International Airport(Seoul) (Currently suspended)|
| EVA Air (BR) |
・ All Nippon Airways (NH)
|Republic of China-Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport(Taipei) (Currently suspended)|
|Tiger Air Taiwan (IT)||Republic of China, Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (Taipei) (currently suspended)|
|Peach Aviation (MM)||Republic of China, Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (Taipei) (currently suspended)|
| Air China (CA) |
・ All Nippon Airways (NH)
|Chugoku-Pudong International Airport(Shanghai),Dalian Zhoushuizi International Airport(Dalian),Beijing Capital International Airport(Beijing)[Note 8](Currently suspended)|
| Thai Airways (TG)|
・ All Nippon Airways (NH)
|Thailand-Suvarnabhumi International Airport(Bangkok) (Currently suspended)|
- Hokkaido : New Chitose
- Kanto : Tokyo/Narita
- Tokai : Nagoya/Chubu
- Kansai : Osaka/Itami,Osaka/Kansai,Kobe
- Chugoku : Hiroshima,Izumo
- Shikoku : Matsuyama
- Kyusyu-Okinawa : Fukuoka,Naha
- South Korea : Seoul/Incheon
- Chugoku : Shanghai/Pudong,Dalian,Beijing/Capital
- Republic of China : Taipei/Taoyuan
- Thailand : Bangkok/Suvarnabhumi
At Sendai Airport, four companies carry out scenic flights with Cessna planes and helicopters.For daytime operations, Sendai city area and Matsushima,Zao mountain range,Mt. KurikomayamaThere is a course to see the sky above.Night flights are also held seasonally, and in the summer, night flights to see fireworks held in various parts of Miyagi prefecture from the sky and the end of the yearSENDAI Light PageantDuring the periodJozenji StreetNight flights over Sendai City will also be held.
Future flight plans
Former regular service routes
- Tokyo International Airport[Note 9]
- 1957-1985: All Nippon Airways
- Misawa Air Base
- 1959-1962: All Nippon Airways
- Hakodate Airport
- Niigata Airport
- 1979-1992: All Nippon Airways
- 1996-1998: Jay Air
- Komatsu Airport
- 1984-2009: All Nippon Airways
- 2009-2020: IBEX Airlines
- Okayama Airport
- 1994-2005: Japan Air System → Japan Airlines International
- Takamatsu Airport
- 1994-2005: Japan Air System → Japan Airlines International
- Kagoshima Airport
- 1995-1998: Air Nippon
- Tokachi Obihiro Airport
- 1996-1997: Japan Airlines
- Memanbetsu Airport
- 1996-2001, 2003: Japan Air System
- Shinshu Matsumoto Airport
- 1996-1997: Japan Air System
- Tancho Kushiro Airport
- 1996-2001, 2003: Japan Air System
- Asahikawa Airport
- 1996-1999: Air Nippon
- Aomori Airport
- 1998-1999: Air Nippon
- Hiroshima West Airfield
- 2001: Fairlink
- Guam-Guam International Airport(Guam)
- Saipan-Saipan International Airport(Saipan)
- 1990-1998: Continental Micronesia
- Singapore-Singapore Changi International Airport(Singapore)
- 1991-1998: Singapore Airlines
- South Korea-Jeju International Airport(Jeju)
- 1991-1994: Asiana Airlines
- Korea·Gimhae International Airport(Busan)
- 1991-1997: Asiana Airlines
- Hong Kong-Hong Kong Kai Tak Airport → Hong Kong International Airport(Hong Kong)
- 1993-2003, 2007-2008, 2010-2011: Hong Kong Dragon Airlines
- America-Honolulu International Airport(Honolulu)
- China·Changchun Dafangshen International Airport → Changchun Longjia International Airport(Changchun)
- 2003-2012: China Southern Airlines
- China·Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport(Guangzhou)
- 2007-2008: China Southern Airlines
Overseas sister airport tie-up
Overseas friendly airport tie-up
|Bus stop||Bus company||destination|
|1||Miyagi Transportation-Yamagoshi bus||Yamagata Station|
|Aizu shared car||Soma, Fukushima, Nihonmatsu, Aizuwakamatsu|
|Sendai Bus||Yamagata Zao[Note 10]|
|2||Iwate Kita Motor||Sendai Uminomori Aquarium-Mitsui Outlet Park Sendai Port-Matsushima-Hiraizumi|
|Takeya Transportation・ Sendai Bus||Sendai Station(Sendai Airport Limousine)|
|3||Iwanuma City Bus||Iwanuma StationDirection (Airport Line)|
|Sendai Bus||Tatekoshi Station・ For Iwanuma Station (air circulation bus)|
- As for parking lots, in addition to the public parking lot in the airport (accommodating 1,195 cars), there are 10 private parking lots in the vicinity that can accommodate about 2,400 cars..
It takes about 30 minutes from Sendai Station to the airport, and the fare is 5,600 yen.In addition, the expressway toll (500 yen) will be added in addition to the fare..
The Teizan Canal (Teizan Moat) runs north and south on the east side of the airport.This canalEdo PeriodIt was excavated as a wooden moat, and it came to be called the Teizan Canal after the renovation in the Meiji era.The Pacific Ocean is about a kilometer further east across this canal.
oldSendai Army Flight SchoolThere was an aviation shrine that was created in 1939 (Showa 14).Occupation periodIn 1945 (Showa 20)TroopsBecause the school was requisitionedGod bodyIs located in Shimomasuda, Natori City, about 300 meters east of the current airport terminal building.Shimomasuda ShrineWas transferred to..Also, in Ninokura, Iwanuma City, about 5km south of the airport, there is Ninokura Shinmeisha, where the god of aviation safety is enshrined..
In Iwanuma city on the southwest side of the runwaySendai Airport Rinku ParkIs installed.Initially, it was scheduled to start operation as Nakatsubo Rinku Park in April 2011, but it will be in service on April 23, 4, which is one year behind due to the effects of the Great East Japan Earthquake. It was started.
Incidents / Accidents / Serious Incidents
- 1963/(38)May 5
- 1985/(60)May 12
- 2012/(24)May 2
- ItamiAll Nippon Airways flight 731 (Airbus A320, JA8384) departingLanding returnThe rear part of the aircraft touches the runway when doing..No one was injured, and as a result of an investigation by the Japan Transport Safety Board, it is highly probable that the cause was that the nose rose sharply when the go-around was carried out, causing the lower rear part of the aircraft to come into contact with the runway and be damaged...Although the accident aircraft JA8384 was repaired, it had already been manufactured for 21 years, so it was retired as it was, and after erasing the logo, AirAsia Japan (currently,Vanilla air), And used as a training aircraft until the company's first unit arrived, and was deregistered on July 1, the same year after a series of training was completed.
- 2012May 10
- On the premises, 1.2 km west of the terminal building, 40 m south of the parallel taxiway on Runway B.Pacific WarinsideU.S. ForcesDroppedUnexploded ordnanceWas discovered, and all 92 domestic and international flights were canceled...On the same day, a concrete retaining wall and a protective wall with embankment were constructed around the unexploded ordnance, and emergency measures were taken.Unexploded bullet processingStop using Runway A until the event is held.Operated to bypass the taxiway near unexploded ordnance.May 11After temporarily closing the airport in the morningfuseWas removed and removed.
- ^ Privatization of operating rights has been carried out, but the classification based on the Airport Act has not changed from the nationally managed airport..
- ^ As an old first-class airportInternational airportIs not specified in.
- ^ The US military withdrew without witnessing the resumption of civilian aircraft operations.On the day of the reopening of the airport, one person who was engaged in the operation said, "No one needs to know that we were there, but I want to see it till the end. I'll watch it on TV, "he told a SDF executive who acted as a local coordinator.
- ^ Haneda flights1985/It was the first time in 60 years since (26).
- ^ Jay AirOperated by aircraft and crew
- ^ ANA WingsThere are flights operated by other aircraft and crew
- ^ Some routes and flights are operated independently by IBEX Airlines
- ^ Via Dalian.
- ^ regular serviceHowever, if the Tohoku-Hokkaido Shinkansen is completely or partially interrupted due to a disaster such as an earthquake,Temporary flight(Refer to the above "chronological table" for details).
- ^ Winter service
- ^ "Aviation: Airport List-Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism”. Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism. 2017/10/5Browse.
- ^ First Nationally Managed Airport Privatization Notice of Sendai Airport Privatization - Sendai International AirportOfficial page, viewed July 2016, 7, same month 1
- ^ a b (PDF) [Broken link] Hiroshima
- ^ a b (PDF) Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism Chugoku Regional Development Bureau "Universal Design Preceding Case"
- ^ Sendai Airport Management Status Report (FY)(Miyagi Prefecture)
- ^ Summary table of usage of airports in the jurisdiction (January 30-March 1) Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport Tokyo Aviation Bureau
- ^ a b 70 years of history at Sendai Airport(28 Business Promotion Foundation "XNUMX Business Information No. XNUMX")
- ^ (PDF) (Sendai Urban Research Forum "2001 SURF Research Report")
- ^ a b History of Shobunsha Publications(Shobunsha）
- ^ Airport related materials Miyagi
- ^ Pay attention to the mid-term plan for the beginning of the year, paying attention to price increases due to ANA customers(Japanese Business Online April 2007, 12)
- ^ a b c (PDF) Civil Aviation Bureau, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (as of January 2013, 1)Archive）
- ^ (PDF) (Miyagi Prefecture, May 2013, 3)
- ^ a b c Sendai Airport user increased by 17.1% Access railroad is the highest ever Kahoku Shimpo (May 2014, 4)
- ^ (PDF) National Institute for Land and Infrastructure Management Material No.374
- ^ LCC tailwind Sendai Airport has the largest number of domestic passengers Kahoku Shimpo (May 2015, 5)
- ^ (PDF) Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism
- ^ a b (PDF) XNUMX% survey on a specific day
- ^ (PDF) Miyagi Prefecture Civil Engineering Department Airport Rinku Area Division
- ^ (PDF) Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport Tokyo Aviation Bureau
- ^ (PDF) [Broken link] Yamagata
- ^ (PDF) Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism
- ^ (PDF)
- ^ a b c d "History of Sendai City", History 9 (Modern 2), p. 154.
- ^ a b "Sendai Airport History”(Miyagi Prefecture) Retrieved on July 2020, 5.
- ^ a b "History of Sendai Airport"(Sendai International Airport) Retrieved May 2020, 5.
- ^ "History of Sendai City", History 9 (Modern 2), p. 155.
- ^ "History of Sendai City", History 9 (Modern 2), pp. 155-156.
- ^ "History of Sendai City", History 9 (Modern 2), pp. 156-157.
- ^ a b “Sendai Airport runway extended to 3000 meters for international long-haul flights”. Traffic newspaper (Kotsu Shimbunsha): p. 3. (July 1998, 3)
- ^ a b c Japan Broadcasting Corporation. “"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, not a rescue helicopter." | NHK Interview Note". www.nhk.or.jp. 2021/3/10Browse.
- ^ "<Archive Great Earthquake> Communication impossible XNUMX people isolated". Hebei Shimpo Online News (September 2016, 1). 2021/1/12Browse.
- ^ "Damage caused by tsunami, coast guard returned to site Repair completed" Kyodo News (March 2012, 3)
- ^ a b c "Tsunami rushing to "Zerom Zone" Sendai Airport". PRESIDENT Online-PRESIDENT (September 2011, 8). 2019/2/18Browse.
- ^ "Gunma helicopter crash: Captain is a veteran to the sky immediately after the Great Earthquake"Mainichi Newspapers, August 2017, 11
- ^ ""Why did I take the picture?" The former NHK photographer who broadcast the tsunami live still lives in conflict [Great East Japan Earthquake]”(Japanese). Huff post (September 2021, 3). 2021/3/10Browse.
- ^ "Only the preparation was useful-the earthquake of some bureaucrats-”(Japanese). NHK disaster archipelago (September 2021, 3). 2021/7/5Browse.
- ^ a b "The couple who saved me who shouted "I don't want to die" The airport of the day, the only American: Asahi Shimbun Digital”(Japanese). Asahi Shimbun digital. 2021/11/11Browse.
- ^ About the holding of the tsunami countermeasure review committee (1st) at the airport - (PDF) Civil Aviation Bureau, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism
- ^ Response to the Tohoku-Pacific Ocean Earthquake Maeda Road Co., Ltd.
- ^ a b Nobuyuki Miura (June 2012). “ (PDF)”. Kokushikan University. 2019/2/18Browse.
- ^ a b "Reopening the airport as a symbol of reconstruction! | President Online". PRESIDENT Online-PRESIDENT (September 2011, 8). 2019/2/18Browse.
- ^ Tech. Sgt. Aaron Cram / 353rd Special Operations Group (March 2011, 3). “SOG Airmen open two strategic runways for relief operations". 2011/5/23Browse.
- ^ Eisuke, Mori (March 2019, 3). “Operation Tomodachi, US soldiers didn't even take a shower". Nikkei Business Electronic Edition. 2019/6/11Browse.
- ^ "Operation Tomodachi" that the U.S. military honors, and "Thank you operation" of only one person rocketnews24 (April 2011, 4)
- ^ Yokota AB> Library> Fact Sheets> COMMENTARY
- ^ ""Enclose the airport!" A wooden fence that stood at a tremendous speed". PRESIDENT Online-PRESIDENT (September 2011, 8). 2019/2/18Browse.
- ^ "[That day and XNUMX years (XNUMX)] Operation Tomodachi, which began with a self-directed dedication, exposed US aircraft carrier, rescued by himself". Sankei News (September 2016, 3). 2019/2/18Browse.
- ^ ""Enter the town" The spirit of sealing the American style". PRESIDENT Online-PRESIDENT (September 2011, 8). 2019/2/18Browse.
- ^ "JAL, Haneda to Sendai Airport, Temporary Flight Schedule from Itami-Resume No. 1". FlyTeam(July 2011, 4) 2021/4/15Browse.
- ^ "About the resumption of regular flights at Sendai Airport" (Press Release), All Nippon Airways 2021/1/3Browse.
- ^ "For customers using Sendai Airport" Japan Airlines (as of September 2011, 9)Archive）
- ^ a b (PDF) (Miyagi Prefecture, May 2012, 8)
- ^ (PDF) Sendai Airport Transit Co., Ltd.
- ^ "Kisetsu (Land Secret) Part 1 15 (National Institute for Defense Studies, Ministry of Defense)' Asian Historical Materials Center Ref. C01007784900
- ^ Cabinet Order that amends part of the Self-Defense Forces Act Enforcement Order (July 39, 7 Cabinet Order No. 9)
- ^ "Tohoku's first jet". Traffic newspaper (Transportation Cooperation Association): p. 2. (March 1972, 3)
- ^ Cabinet Order that amends part of the Self-Defense Forces Act Enforcement Order (July 48, 3 Cabinet Order No. 19)
- ^ See "History of Sendai City (32nd distribution)" (Sendai City, published on January 2015, 1) "Chronology / Index <Chronology>", page 31, "131".
- ^ New control tower at Sendai Airport completed Business from 18th, increasing seismic strength Nihon Keizai Shimbun (February 2012, 7)
- ^ About the start of provision of "Sendai Airport FREE Wi-Fi" and "Sendai Airport Wi-Fi Portal Site" NTT East Miyagi Branch News Release (July 2013, 7)
- ^ 4th year of the Great Earthquake: AKIRA ”Ceramic mural painting at Sendai Airport drawn by a cartoonist Mainichi Newspaper (January 2015, 3)
- ^ "JAL and ANA, Tohoku-Hokkaido suspension, temporary flights and upsizing”. Aviation Wire (March 2021, 2). 2021/2/18Browse.
- ^ "JAL and ANA, special flights such as Sendai and Fukushima, which do not have regular flights, also operate on the 16th”. Aviation Wire (March 2021, 2). 2021/2/18Browse.
- ^ From the official Twitter account of Sendai Airport.Tweet of sendai_a_s (1361196443743096837)
- ^ "Sendai Airport, the number of passengers in FY20 is the lowest after privatization (Aviation Wire)”(Japanese). Yahoo! News. 2021/4/7Browse.
- ^ Sendai Airport From July to 7 minutes extension of operating hours By 30:22 Even during "all international flights are suspended" due to Corona
- ^ Operation Division, Traffic Control Department, Civil Aviation Bureau, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism.Flight base / anti-aircraft consolidation implementation plan (draft)”. Japan Aircraft Operators Association. 2022/1/16Browse.
- ^ Operation Division, Traffic Control Department, Civil Aviation Bureau, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism.Flight base / anti-aircraft consolidation implementation plan FAQ”. Japan Aircraft Operators Association. 2022/1/16Browse.
- ^ ANA departs temporary flights to Sendai and Fukushima, which do not have regular flights --AviationWire ・ Delivered at 2022:3 on March 17, 11
- ^ Sendai-Haneda, special flight from 18th to 24th ANA --Kahoku Shimpo Web version, updated at 2022:3 on March 17, 19
- ^ About the setting of extra flights --Japan Airlines, updated March 2022, 3
- ^ JAL, Haneda-Sendai Temporary flight to 4/17 Tohoku Shinkansen suspension --AviationWire ・ March 2022, 3 23:22
- ^ Sendai Airport New Passenger Terminal Building Nikken Group
- ^ https://www.traicy.com/posts/20220121230764/
- ^ "Summary of Annual Report on Air Transport Statistics for 30" (Japanese) (PDF) (Press Release), Transport Economic Statistics Research Office, Information Policy Division, General Policy Bureau, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, (June 2019, 6), originalArchived as of October 2019, 11. 2020/3/27Browse.
- ^ Toki Air logo mark announced HP also opened, scheduled service routes etc. released Niigata Nippo (December 2021, 12)
- ^ "LCC service between Sendai and Niigata within the year, XNUMX hour required”(Japanese). Hebei Shimpo Online News (September 2022, 1). 2022/1/1Browse.
- ^ (PDF) Miyagi Airport Rinku Area Division
- ^ (PDF) Miyagi Airport Rinku Area Division
- ^ Guam International Airport and Sendai Airport Sister Airport Alliance Signing Ceremony on November 11[Broken link] Tokushima Shimbun (November 2012, 11)
- ^ Jilin and Sendai airports conclude a memorandum of friendship and cooperation People's Network of China (August 2012, 8)
- ^ a b (PDF) Tohoku Transport Bureau, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism
- ^ Shimomasuda Shrine Miyagi Prefectural Shrine Office
- ^ Shinmeisha Miyagi Prefectural Shrine Office
- ^ Ninokura Shrine Iwanuma City Chamber of Commerce
- ^ Japan Transport Safety Board Air Accident
- ^ ANA plane has a butt at Sendai Airport 166 crew and passengers are not injured Archived August 2012, 10, at the Wayback Machine. msn Sankei News (February 2012, 2)
- ^ Japan Transport Safety Board Air Accident
- ^ Unexploded ordnance on Sendai Airport premises, closed all day due to cancellation of all flights - Wayback machine(Archive on December 2012, 12) Asahi Shimbun Digita (October 14, 2012)
- ^ a b Unexploded ordnance at Sendai Airport, runway closed all day Policy to resume operations today Archived August 2012, 11, at the Wayback MachineKahoku Shimpo (October 2012, 10)
- ^ Sendai Airport Completes Removal of Unexploded Ordnance Declaration of Safety Archived August 2012, 11, at the Wayback MachineKahoku Shimpo (November 2012, 11)
- Sendai City History Edition Committee "Sendai City History" History Edition 9 (Modern 2) Sendai City, 2013.
- Sendai International Airport (Japanese)
- Sendai International Airport Co., Ltd. (@sendai_a_s)- Twitter(Japanese)
- Sendai Airport mascot character Heron (@Heron_SDJ)- Twitter(Japanese)
- Sendai International Airport Co., Ltd. (@sendaiairport)- Facebook(Japanese)
- Miyagi Airport Rinku Area Division (Japanese)
- Sendai Airport (Japanese) - Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism Tokyo Aviation Bureau
- Sendai Airport Overview / History (Japanese) -Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism Tohoku Regional Development Bureau Shiogama PortBay / Airport Maintenance Office
- Sendai Airport Railway (Japanese)
- (PDF) (Japanese) --Construction management technology