Photo BMW Alpina B5 Limousine
[Alpina B5 new test drive] One car enthusiast who loves cars "will arrive someday" ... Tatsuya Kushima
If you write the contents roughly
I've been dating for about a quarter of a century, but it may be the first time I've been exposed to Alpina in such a short period of time.
As you know, Alpina is a small manufacturer.I remember that the annual production is about 1400 to 1700 ... → Continue reading
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
BMWThe main business is the production and sale of original models based on the above, and the production and sale of tuning parts and dress-up parts for the aftermarket.It also sells wine.
The annual production of passenger cars manufactured by Alpina is approximately 1700, of which approximately 25% is sold in Japan..
BMWIt is also officially recognized by the head office, and Alpina products can also be guaranteed by BMW.
What is the difference from the appearance of BMW cars?
- There is no 5 number car. (Earlier including E36 3 seriesWas 5 number size, so there was a 5 number vehicle that imitated just sticking a sticker)
- Use of original emblems (steering center cap, wheel center cap, seat back metal emblem) Some cars have emblems on the front and back, but there is no setting for regular imported cars.
- Body side decoration line (side stripe) called Alpina line (deco set).
- Discreet aero parts
- Aluminum wheels with unique thin 20 spokes. (ALPINA CLASSIC Styling I-III)
Currently, about 1400 units are produced annually.It is difficult to further increase the number of production due to the production form that relies heavily on manual labor, and there are no plans to further increase production in order to maintain the current quality.
There is no indication of maximum speed in the catalog.Instead, there is a notation of maximum cruising speed, which describes the speed at which you can continue to run.
In addition, the car is built with Understatement as a virtue.
Origin of the emblem
Double choke that laid the foundation of Alpina as a symbol of tuning at that timeWeberWith the addition of the air funnel and crankshaft, the emblem is colored red and blue. Red means endless passion, blue means intelligence and high aspiration.
- 1961 --Alpina's founder's son Brukarto Bofenzipen (Burkard Bovensiepen) But ownBMW1500'sSolexMade capratorWeber(CurrentMarelli) Changed to two carburetors.
- 1964 --The performance of the engine tuned by Brukart Bofenzipen became a hot topic.BMWEvaluated by Paul C. Hahnemann.Since then, BMW's vehicle warranty will be given to BMW cars tuned by Alpina as a BMW official tuner.
- 1965May 1 - GermanyBavariaKaufbeurenAlpina Burkart Bofen Ziepen Joint Stock Company (Alpina Burkard Bovensiepen KG) Established.
- 1967 ――The logo that is almost the same as the one currently used will be adopted.
- 1968 - Derek Bell,James Hunt,Jackie Ix,Niki Lauda,Hans-Joachim Stuck We started to participate in touring car races with these drivers.
- 1970 - European Touring Car Championship, Long Distance Classic, Spain-France 24-hour endurance race, and all German championships.
- 1971 - BMWIs a racing vehicle for AlpinaBMW 3.0CSLNominated as the project leader of.
- 1973 - Derek Bell,Niki LaudaWon the European Touring Car Championship.Niki Lauda sets a new record as a touring car in the Nuremberg 6-hour endurance race.
- 1977 - Dieter QuesterBecomes the Touring Car Championship Champion at the BMW Alpina 3.5 CSL after a fierce battle with the Jaguar Coupe.At the end of this season, he announced his withdrawal from the race and the development of a commercial complete car.
- 1978 --Construction of a factory in Buffloe, hiring about 100 employees and launching the first commercial vehicles B6 2.8, B7 Turbo and B7 Turbo Coupe.
- 1983 - GermanyOfficially registered as an automobile manufacturer with the Automobile Registration Bureau.
- 1984 - German Touring Car ChampionshipStarted participating in the war.
- 1985 --For the German Touring Car ChampionshipBMW M3Participated as a quasi-works team at.After that, the main drivers in the German Touring Car Championship era were ...Christian Danner..Win many championships.
- 1988 --Announced a complete withdrawal from motor sports due to an increase in orders for commercial vehicles.
- 1992 - Semi-automaticAnnounced Alpina Shifttronic, the beginning of the system.
- 1993 --With manual modeAutomatic transmissionAnnounced System Alpina Switchtronic.
- 1999 - Geneva showAnd the firstdieselEngine model D10 biturbo (E39 530d base) announced.
- 2002 ――We produced only 8 limited edition BMW ALPINA ROADSTER V555s and succeeded in selling them in the North American market.
- 2005 --B10 Developed B5 as a successor to Bi-Turbo. With 510PS / 375kw, maximum speed of 314km / h, and 0-100km / h in 4.6 seconds, it boasts exceptional acceleration power, and with this performance, it has become one of the fastest sports cars in the world.
- 2009 --Race specification car for the first time in about 20 years at the Geneva showB6GT3(E64 6 series base) announced.
- 2010 --BMW ALPINA B5 Bi Turbo was announced six months after the appearance of the base 10 series (F5) due to the establishment of the engineering center.Furthermore, the technical know-how cultivated at the 2009 FIA GT3 European Championship was fed back to the B5 BiTurbo, and high performance and low fuel consumption were realized by the original cylinder suspension system.
- 2011 --Before the debut of the BMW 550i Touring, the BMW ALPINA B5 BiTurbo Touring was announced for the first time. Like the Limousine, the 8-speed Switchtronic and V8 Bitabo boasted 0 → 100km / h for 4.8sec and a maximum cruising speed of 303km / h.At the same time this year, the BMW ALPINA B7 Allrad with BMW xDrive was announced.It also announced the first four-wheel drive model in its class. (Not set for BMW 7series)
- B6 2.8(1978-1981)- E21 323iOn the body528Based on the in-line 6-cylinder 2,788cc engine, it is tuned to 9.8 horsepower / 200 rpm with a compression ratio of 6,200, a forged piston made by Mare, and a change in the shape of the combustion chamber to a semicircular shape.The transmission isGetragMade of 5 speed.Using a non-linear coil springBilsteinEquipped with a shock absorber made.Equipped with aero parts such as air dam and spoiler.
- B7 turbo/B7 turbo coupe(1978-1982) --Body is E12 528i, Coupe isE24 630CSi..The engine is based on the 630CS / 730 in-line 6-cylinder 2,986cc engine, equipped with a turbocharger and intercooler, tuned to 300 horsepower / 6,000 rpm by resonance intake, digital ignition system, forged piston, change of combustion chamber shape to semi-circular shape, etc. It is installed.The transmission is Getrag 5-speed.Equipped with a Bilstein shock absorber that uses a non-linear coil spring.Equipped with aero parts such as air dam and spoiler.
- C1 2.3 (1980-1983) -A model mechanically tuned to 21 horsepower / 323 rpm based on the E170 5,800i.
- B9 3.5/B9 3.5 Coupe --A model that is mechanically tuned to 28 horsepower / 535 rpm based on the E24 M635i / E245 M5,700CSi.
- C1 / 1 2.3 (1983-1985) -Changed the base to E3 30i due to the model change of the 323 series.
- C1 2.5 (1983-1985) -Based on the E30 325i. 190 horsepower / 5,800 rpm.
- B6 2.8 / 1 (1984-1986) -This also changed the base to E3 30i / 323i due to the model change of the 325 series.
- B7 turbo / 1 (1984-1987)- B7 turboThe engine was expanded to 3.5L.
- B6 3.5 (1985-1987) -Based on E30 323i / 325i.The engine isB9 3.5261 horsepower / 6,000 rpm, which is almost the same as.
- B10 3.5 (1985-1987) - B9 3.5A model tuned to 261 horsepower / 5,800 rpm based on.
- B6 3.5 (1986-1987) -Based on the E30 325i. 254 horsepower / 5,900 rpm.
- C2 2.7 (1986-1987) -Based on the E30 325i. 209 horsepower / 5,800 rpm.
- C2 2.5(1986)- C1 / 1 2.3The engine was expanded to 2,554cc, 185 horsepower / 5,800rpm.Sold only in the Japanese market.
- B7 turbo / 3 (1986-1987)- B7 turbo / 1An improved version of. 320 horsepower / 5,700 rpm
- B6 3.5 (1987-1990) -E30 325i Late model base. 254 horsepower / 5,900 rpm.
- B6 2.7 (1987-1992) --E30 325i Late model base. 2,693cc, 210hp / 5,800rpm.
- B10 3.5 / 1 (1988-1992年)- E34 535iをベースとしファインチューンを施したモデル 258馬力/5,800rpm トルク33.1kg/4,000rpm 日本での新車価格は1278万円(5MT)
- B11 3.5 (1987)- E32 735i250 horsepower / 5,700 rpm tuned based on.
- B11 3.5 / 1 (1987) -Based on E32 735i. 239 horsepower / 5,700 rpm.
- B11 3.5 / 3 (1987-1993) -Based on the E32 735i. 254 horsepower / 6,000 rpm.
- B12 5.0 (1988-1994) -Tuned based on the E32 750i, 360 horsepower / 5,300 rpm.
- B10 Bi Turbo(1989-1994) --Based on E34 535i. 3,430cc twin turbo, 370hp / 6,000rpm.Equipped with two Garrett T52 turbines with a torque of 4,000 kg / 25 rpm.The new car price is 2 million yen.The world's fastest 1680-door sedan on the market at the time of its release.
- Roadster Limited Edition (1990-1991)- Z1On the bodyB6 2.7It is equipped with the same 2,693cc, 210hp / 5,800rpm engine. Only 66 units were produced, and some were officially imported to Japan (the base model Z1 was not officially imported in Japan).
- B12 5.0 Coupe (1990-1994) --Tuned to 31 horsepower / 850 rpm based on E850 345i / 5,300 CSi.
- B12 5.7 Coupe (1992-1996) --Tuned to 31 horsepower / 840 rpm based on E850 416Ci / 5,400CSi.
- B6 2.8 / 2/B6 2.8 / 2 coupe (1992-1993) --Based on the E36 325i. 241 horsepower / 5,900 rpm.
- B3 3.0 / 1/B3 3.0 / 1 coupe/B3 3.0 / 1 Cabrio (1993-1996) -Based on the E36 325i. 250 horsepower / 5,700 rpm.Switchtronic can now be equipped.
- B11 4.0 (1993-1994) -Based on the E32 740i. 315 horsepower / 5,800 rpm.
- B10 Arrat(1993-1996) --Based on E34 525ix. 228 horsepower / 5,800 rpm. ALLRAD (AWD)
- B10 4.0(1993-1996) --Based on E34 540i. 315 horsepower / 5,800 rpm.
- B10 4.6(1994-1996) --Based on E34 540i. 340 horsepower / 5,700 rpm.
- B8 4.6 (1995-1998) --Based on the E36 328i. V8 333 horsepower / 5,700 rpm.
- B12 6.0 (1995-2002) --E38 750iL base. V12 440 horsepower / 5,400 rpm.
- B3 3.2 (1996-1999) --Based on the E36 328i. 265 horsepower / 5,800 rpm.
- B10 3.2(1997-1998) --Based on E39 528i. 260 horsepower / 5,900 rpm.
- B10 V8(1997-1998) --Based on E39 540i. 340 horsepower / 5,700 rpm.
- B10 V8(1998-2002) --Based on E39 540i. 347 horsepower / 5,700 rpm.
- B10 3.3(1999-2003) --Based on E39 528i. 280 horsepower / 6,200 rpm.
- B3 3.3 Limousine / Touring / Coupe / Cabrio (1999-2002) --Based on the E46 328i. 280 horsepower / 6,200 rpm.
- D10 Bi Turbo (2000-2003) --Based on E39 530d.Alpina's first diesel model. 245 horsepower / 4,200 rpm.
- B3 3.3 Arrat Limousine / Touring (2001-2005) --Based on the E46 330ix. 280 horsepower / 6,200 rpm.
- B3S 3.3 Limousine / Touring / Coupe / Cabrio (2002-2006) --Based on the E46 330i. 305 horsepower / 6,300 rpm.
- B10 V8 S(2002-2004) --Based on E39 540i. 370 horsepower / 5,800 rpm.
- B5 S Super Charge Limousine/B5S Super Charge Touring(2005-2007) --E60 / 61 550i base. 500 horsepower / 5,500 rpm
- B3 bi turbo limousine/B3 Bi Turbo Touring/B3 Bi Turbo Coupe/B3 Bi Turbo Cabrio (2005-) --E90 / E91 / E92 335i base.
- D3 Bi Turbo Limousine/D3 Bi Turbo Touring (2005-2008) --A diesel engine model based on the E90 / E91 320d. 200 horsepower / 4,000 rpm.
- D3 Bi Turbo Limousine/D3 Bi Turbo Touring/D3 Bi Turbo Coupe --A diesel engine model based on the E90 / E91 / E92 320d. 214 horsepower / 4,100 rpm.Also in Japan, it will be released in May 2010 with a limited number of 5 units. The price of the D150 Bi Turbo Limousine (left steering wheel, 3-speed MT) is 6 million yen, which is modest for Alpina.
- B6 S Super Charge Coupe/B6 S Super Charge Cabrio (2005-) --Based on E63 / E64 645i. 500 horsepower / 5,500 rpm.
- B7 limousine/B7 Limousine Long
- D3 BiTurbo Limousine/D3 BiTurbo Touring(April 2014) In-line 4-cylinder 6cc bi-turbo diesel engine-equipped model. 3000 horsepower / 350 kgm 71.4-0km / h 100 sec Maximum cruising speed 4.6km / h
- B3 BiTurbo Limousine/B3 BiTurbo Touring(April 2014) In-line 4-cylinder 6cc bi-turbo engine-equipped model. 3000 horsepower / 410 kgm 61.2-0km / h 100 sec Maximum cruising speed 4.2km / h
- B4 BiTurbo Coupe/B4 BiTurbo Cabrio(April 2014) In-line 4-cylinder 6cc bi-turbo engine-equipped model. 3000 horsepower / 410 kgm 61.2-0km / h 100 sec Maximum cruising speed 4.2km / h
- D5 BiTurbo Limousine(April 2014) In-line 4-cylinder 6cc turbo diesel engine (Alpina N57 engine) Equipped model.Japan limited specification right handle. 280 horsepower / 61.2 kgm 0-100km / h 5.9 sec Maximum cruising speed 256km / h
- B5 BiTurbo Limousine/B5 BiTurbo Touring(April 2014) V-type 4-cylinder 8cc bi-turbo engine-equipped model. 4400 horsepower / 550 kgm 74.4-0km / h 100 sec Maximum cruising speed 4.3km / h
- B6 BiTurbo Coupe/B6 BiTurbo Cabrio(April 2014) V-type 4-cylinder 8cc bi-turbo engine-equipped model. 4400 horsepower / 550 kgm 74.4-0km / h 100 sec Maximum cruising speed 4.3km / h
- B7 BiTurbo Limousine/B7 BiTurbo Limousine Long/B7 BiTurbo Allrad (4WD)(April 2014) V-type 4-cylinder 8cc bi-turbo engine-equipped model. 4400 horsepower / 550 kgm 74.4-0km / h 100 sec Maximum cruising speed 4.3km / h
- D4 BiTurbo Coupe(April 2014) In-line 7-cylinder 6cc bi-turbo diesel engine-equipped model. 3000 horsepower / 350 kgm 71.4-0km / h 100 sec Maximum cruising speed 4.6km / h
- XD3 BiTurbo ALLRAD (4WD)(April 2014) In-line 11-cylinder 6cc bi-turbo diesel engine-equipped model. 3000 horsepower / 350 kgm 71.4-0km / h 100 sec Maximum cruising speed 4.9km / h
- B6 BiTurbo GranCoupe(April 2014) V-type 11-cylinder 8cc bi-turbo engine-equipped model. 4400 horsepower / 550 kgm 74.4-0km / h 100 sec Maximum cruising speed 3.9km / h
- B5 BITURBO EDITION50 LIMOUSINE / TOURING(2015年2月)Ｖ型8気筒4400ccビ・ターボエンジン搭載モデル。600馬力/81.6kgm 0-100km/h 4.2 sec 最高巡航速度 328km/h(TOURINGは323km/h)
- B6 BITURBO EDITION50 COUPE / CABRIO(2015年2月)Ｖ型8気筒4400ccビ・ターボエンジン搭載モデル。600馬力/81.6kgm 0-100km/h 4.2 sec 最高巡航速度 330km/h(CABRIOは327km/h)
- B6 BITURBO GRANPOUPE(April 2015) V-type 2-cylinder 8cc bi-turbo engine-equipped model. 4400 horsepower / 600 kgm 81.6-0km / h 100 sec Maximum cruising speed 3.8km / h
Sales in Japan
- ^ GermanyIt is officially recognized by the Automobile Registration Bureau.Even in JapanVehicle inspection certificateThe above car name is registered as "BMW Alpina".
- ^ Nicole Automobiles GK