Photo Honda SSM
Honda re-challenge the FR market!The Honda SSM was one of the historic cars that was the catalyst for the birth of the famous S2000.
If you write the contents roughly
The meter section can display vehicle information such as speed and rotation speed, audio information and car navigation, and the SSM was an innovative concept car that was packed with modern technology even though it was a sports car.
Due to the explosive popularity of the N-BOX, the image of Honda = mini vehicle is strong.But originally it was NSX or Civic ... → Continue reading
You can see the latest automobile articles delivered by MOTA (motor), such as commentary articles on new models and featured automobiles, test drive reports, etc.
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Concept carIt is,Car makerMade for exhibition purposesAutomobileThat.motor ShowAnd each manufacturershowroomIt is often exhibited at such places.North AmericaThen.1950 eraExists from "Dreamcar","Futurecar","HelloIt was called "model".
Concept cars that are not premised on the market are mainly announced as works for presenting the design, and in many cases they cannot run on their own, but some of the design and power elements may be reflected in the commercial vehicle.On the other hand, the concept car that is supposed to be on the market is produced as a car that can be put on the market as it is, and it will be announced in advance (TeaserCampaign) Will be exhibited.
Works dealing with concept cars
- Documentary "" series (Discovery channel）
en: Phantom Corsair(1938)
Alfa Romeo BAT 5(1953)
en: Cadillac Cyclone(1959)
en: Alfa Romeo Carabo(1968)
- American car ――The reason for its appearance and spread was that it appeared frequently in science fiction pulp magazines in the 1950s.Flying carThe exhibition of the concept car that adopted the design of the above was well received at exhibitions, etc., and it was actually desired to commercialize it.
- GM Futurliner - General MotorsAlthough it is a concept car of, the car body itself is an exhibition booth, and there are multiple carscaravanAll over North America (according to the English version)Latin AmericaMay be included)Pilgrimagedid.
- Pike car
- (Mitsuoka Motor,Dome,Tesla Motors,Salin, Tucker ("Tucker torpedo”Only development / production)) --In the case of new entrants, there are many cases where the first model on the market (or the first model to be marketed) is the highest priority for design, like the concept cars of existing manufacturers.In another similar case, although it is a prestigious manufacturer with a long history, new model development has entered a long stagnation period due to political reasons (such as the country where the company is located has entered the communal bloc), and the political system In some cases, the company has adopted a drastic design and design concept as it returns to the international market as an ordinary automobile company as it shifts to a free economy.
- Volkswagen Type 1 --Each country where sales cost reduction is likely to be the highest priorityNational carAlthough it is a plan, if the political system that it sponsors emphasizes cutting-edge political propaganda, it is a typical example of a case where design is emphasized even for a popular national car.
- Retro future
- Retro # nostalgic look vehicle
- Car designer
- Koichi Hayashi, Ryota Baba, Shuichi Misono, etc.Changes in Japanese show cars and changes in the role of design "Design Studies" 2014 Vol. 60, No. 6, p.6_39-6_48, two:10.11247 / jssdj.60.6_39
- Toyota Motor> Concept Car> Photo Gallery
- Nissan Motor> Concept Car (in chronological order)