The base of the Chunichi Dragons during the time of director Senichi Hoshino, the nearest station was a temporary non-electrified single-track station
If you write the contents roughly
After being treated as a customer, the special train (diesel train) bound for the main gate of Nagoya Stadium turned around at the signal box on the south side and rested at Nagoyako Station at the southern end.
It was the home of the professional baseball Chunichi Dragons until 1996, and after transferring its role to Nagoya Dome, the Dragons ... → Continue reading
Train channels are always immersed in the train! This is a railway specialized channel for railway fans.
You can check the latest railway news you are interested in at once!
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Japanese special train
It cannot be handled by regular trains in response to fluctuations in demand depending on the season.passenger,cargoTrains that are temporarily operated to transport trains (increased trains) and tourist trains whose purpose is to get on the train rather than moving.Religious group,パ ッ ケ ー ジ ツ ア ー,School excursionIt is reserved by a large group and is operated temporarilyGroup trainIt can be roughly divided into.However, the term "temporary train" often refers to the former.
Mainly on passenger trainsNew Year's Holiday,Golden week,Obon, Holidays such as long vacations, or bigEvents(Fireworks display,Professional baseball,J LeagueIt is driven when passengers are concentrated, such as when the game is held.Also, on the day before holidays such as Fridaylast trainAs the number of passengers on the verge will increase, a special train limited to the day before the holiday will be operated just before the last train.Railway operatorThere is also.Furthermore, even if the train is operated every other day without a specific day of the week, it will be treated as a special train.However, group trains, especiallySchool excursion trainIn the case of, it is often operated during the off-season when there is plenty of transportation capacity.The railway operator that operatesJRHowever, private railways other than JR have large competition facilities along the railway lines.Hanshin Electric Railway,Keio Electric Railway,Keihan Electric RailwayIt is often driven by.
If a regular train temporarily extends the operating section, the extended section will be treated as a temporary train.Also,TrainIs also a kind of extra train.
Privatization of the national railway divisionAfter thatExtra trainOften called,East Japan Railway(JR East)Kyushu passenger railwayThe official announcement of (JR Kyushu) uses the terminology of additional trains.Also,JTB publishing,Kotsu ShimbunIssuedTimetableThe headline on the cover has changed from a special train to an additional train since around 1990, but the Kotsu Shimbun version has a tendency to use special trains again from around 2006..
Temporary trains are basically operated while the tracks are open.For this reason, it is generally better than regular trains in the same section.Table speedThere are many slow trains (long travel times).In addition, the trains and trains may differ from regular trains.
There are also special trains that are urgently increased when passengers suddenly concentrate on regular trains or when a disaster or accident occurs, and are called relief temporary trains.This is not listed in the timetableTransit Bus OfContinuation flightIt can be said that it is close to.In this case, ordinary vehicles are often operated as unreserved seats for all vehicles.In recent years, 2008May 11ToShinkansen 0 series"The last train for regular operationKodama No. 659As a temporary relief train500 seriesThere is an example in which "Kodama No. 697" was driven using.
Scheduled temporary train
DiamondA train that has a set operating time like a regular train at the time of creatingScheduled temporary trainTrains that are operated regularly, especially in certain seasonsSeasonal trainCall.
Set when demand fluctuations are predictable.in advanceHonor train OfEscape,Single lineIn the sectionPassing each otherIt is possible to solve the problem that the required time tends to be extended because such factors are taken into consideration.Track transport capacityIn sections where there is not enough room, the number of shunting and passing waiting for regular trains may increase due to the setting of scheduled special trains, or the time of regular trains must be slightly changed (in that case, it will be announced in the timetable etc.). There are drawbacks.Group trains may be operated on the same schedule on days other than the scheduled train operation days.Since it is often operated on a specific day or time, it is often based on regular trains.
Ueno Station - Sapporo StationSleeper limited express "Cassiopeia"Osaka Station - Sapporo StationSleeper limited express "Twilight express(Neither is currently in operation), someHoliday rapid, Many tourist trains are included in this.
Seasonal trains / seasonal diamonds
In the section where the number of users fluctuates depending on the season, a train with a limited operation period may be set, and that train may be set.Seasonal trainCalled.During the operation period, it is operated in the same way as regular trains, and is included in regular trains in the statistics of the number of excellent trains. In the 2015 timetableJoetsu LineMinakami Station - Echigo Nakazato StationIt can be seen in between.In addition, it should be notedRevised October 1968Before it was renamed as a seasonal trainIrregular trainsWas called.Japan National RailwayIn the (JNR) era, the distinction between seasonal trains and special trains was clear, but since the introduction of JR, the distinction between the two has become ambiguous.2000 eraFrom now on, both are often referred to as "increased trains".
Also, in the past, the operation schedule itself may be changed depending on the season.
JNR / JRBosoFrom 1961 (Showa 36) on each lineSea bathingCustomers concentrateSummer Vacation"Summer timetable" is set for the period (about 40 days),Sobu LineChiba Railway Management Bureau including (→ JR EastChiba branch) The number of trains was increased by rearranging the timetables in the jurisdiction, borrowing vehicles from other management stations, and temporarily diverting early completed vehicles for timetable revision. In 1972 (Showa 47)Sobu Rapid LineAfter openingLimited express trainIncreased number of trains and rapid trainsblue sea""White sandAsRapid trainExtended operation (Uchibo LineKimitsu Station - Chikura Stationwhile,Sotobo LineOhara Station - Awakamogawa StationWas being carried out.For these trainsHead markI was putting effort into wearing it,Express BusNet maintenance andTokyo Bay Aqua LineChanges in passenger trends due to opening, etc.TravelingGeneralization ofleisureDue to changes in orientation1998It was abolished as of (10).
In addition to JNR and JR, Keio Electric Railway until 2006Keio Line"Season diamonds" for Saturday and holiday schedules in spring and autumnKeikyu CorporationUntil 1995 July-August "Summer Holiday Timetable" for a certain period of holidaysKeihan Electric RailwayIs Saturday / Holiday in the fall of 2003 and 2004May 5"Holiday special timetable"Tarumi RailwayHowever, there were some businesses that set similar timetables, such as setting "Sakura diamonds" during the cherry blossom viewing season until 2005.
The operation plan will be made until a few months later, taking into consideration the days of the week and events along the railway lines. As a general rule, JR's special train operation plans will be announced company-wide four times a year in January, May, August, and October.In addition, "on the special train operation"Spring:Is March-June,Summer: Is March-June,Fall:Is March-June,Winter:Is March-June June is divided into spring and September is divided into summer, and instead of spring having four months, autumn has two months.
In the JNR era, some irregular and seasonal trains were designated as busy seasons with a certain operating time, and "Operating date A" and "Operating date B" were indicated in the guidance on the timetable.This period is different, butRapid Express → Including ExpressTobu Nikko Limited Express,Odakyu romance carBut it is adopted.
There are also special trains that operate regularly throughout the year.
For example,bedLimited express"Cassiopeia"Or"Twilight express”, It was not possible to operate as a regular train because there were few prescribed trains, and it was operated by specifying the day of the week..
In addition, there are routes that operate special trains every day for a long period of time to check passenger demand.
in the past,1970 eraThen.High economic growthBecause the regular trains alone could not keep up with the demand, in the name of increasing the number of trains,Thunderbird"Or"Green"A special train for daily operation" was set up, and the number of special trains in the 50s was assigned to the number of special trains in the 70s at that time.In addition, these trains became regular trains in the next timetable revision.
In addition,Kyushu ShinkansenEven at the time of partial opening of the business, due to the uncertainty of demand forecast, some"Tsubame" / "Relay Tsubame"Was set as a temporary train, but it remained in operation every day, supported by demand exceeding expectations, and was incorporated into a regular train about a year and a half after its opening.
As an example of doing this on a nationwide scaleFebruary 1985, 3 National Railway timetable revisionAppeared in"Α (alpha) train"was there.
As of March 2015, 3, a temporary regular train that operates daily during the daytime between Hirosaki Station and Odate Station on the Ou Line. And the Rikuuto Line Naruko Onsen Station-Shinjo Station has a temporary final train at 21:XNUMX.
Within the jurisdiction of the Central Japan Railway Company (JR Tokai), special trains on some lines in Mie Prefecture and "Home Liner Taita" from Mino Ota to Nagoya via Tajimi (both train numbers are in the 8000s) are available in 2009.May 3Was integrated into regular trains.Kyushu Railway Company (JR Kyushu) also in 2009May 3Most of the daily special trains (including weekdays only. Train numbers are in the 8000s) that were set at that time were integrated into regular trains by the revision on the following 14th. In this amendmentMiyazaki Airport Line-Minamimiyazaki Station - Miyazaki Airport StationAnd betweenKagoshima Main LineA special train from Ichirai to Kawauchi was set up, but in 2013May 3It was upgraded to a regular train by the revision of.
Although it is not a commercial trainConstruction train OfForwardingAnd carry materialsDistribution trainMany such trains are set as special trains for "daily driving".This is because it is convenient to flexibly change the driving and suspension at the discretion of the site, and to absorb the conditions that the driving direction differs depending on the day.
However, when different timetables are set up on weekdays and holidays, trains that operate only on weekdays and only on holidays are also classified as regular trains.
About train numbers
On the Japanese National RailwaysTrain numberOf these, the 6000/7000 seriesSeasonal train, 8000/9000 series was assigned to the special train.After privatization, the train number management method was changed, and some companies did not use the 6000/7000 range. In JR Kyushu, the 6000 series is also assigned to regular trains.
Incidentally,Tohoku-Pacific Ocean Earthquake(Great East Japan Earthquake), The 2012/3 series was used until March 16, 7000, even on the routes where the provisional timetable was implemented.Of the Senseki LineRikuzen-Ono Station-Yamoto Station - Ishinomaki StationIn the meantime, 2015, the day before the restoration of all linesMay 5Until 7000 series was used.
In the past, it was allocated as follows.
- Before the war, the 1000s were assigned to irregular trains.
- After the war, the 1000sAllied trainSince it was allocated to, 2000/8000 series was assigned. The 2000s reflected the lack of vehicles and fuel at the timeDriving date undecidedThe train was upgraded to a regular train when the vehicle and fuel situation improved later. 8000 seriesDemobilized trainIn principle, it can be used by general passengers by driving daily, but when the need for repatriation transportation arises due to the arrival of a repatriation ship, the use of general passengers is restricted.
- Revised in 1964Previously, the 1000s were assigned to irregular trains, and the 3000s and above were assigned to special trains.
- Before the revision in October 1968, the 10 series was assigned to irregular trains.Prior to this, seasonal trains were called irregular trains.
Sea bathingSkiEven on routes and sections where the flow of passengers is usually low, such as during the season, large demand may occur depending on the season, and special trains that run on routes that are not seen on regular trains are also operated ("Spur"Such).
In addition, there are many special trains that are set in timetables depending on the background of the times and the nature of the event.As an example1967から1972To theKotobuki tour ticketTo useHoneymoonFor customersOsaka Station - Miyazaki StationFirst-class sleeping car (later)A sleeper) Only extraordinaryExpress"KotobukiWas being driven.As a tourist destination (especially as a honeymoon destination)MiyazakiIt is said that there were many tourists to.
Example of a special train
Leisure and extra trains
1960 eraIn the second half, with a boomIncome doubling planLeisure has become more diversified.As a result, the Japanese National Railways has a history of setting up special trains for seasonal leisure activities.It is also characteristic of special trains during the leisure season.NicknameThere were many trains that used.
- "○○ Beach" "○○ Marine" etc.
- "Marine blue whale nameA nickname that makes you imagine the sea.It was operated during the sea bathing season and was often set for rapid trains.As a similar example1980 eraFrom 1995Odakyu Electric RailwayButShinjuku-Karakida Station→Katase Enoshima Station間 にEnoshima coastI was driving special trains such as "Summer Beach" and "Shonan Marine Express" for sightseeing in.
- ○○ Ginrei
- All carsReserved seatOr a special express / express train with reserved seats. The name of the regular train is entered in ○○ ("Asama Ginrei"Azusa Ginrei"Such).In addition, limited express "Mt.FujiIs the predecessor train ofSpecial Semi Express "Ginrei"Is irrelevant.
- ○○ skiing (skating)
- All carsUnreserved seatOr a temporary express / rapid train with unreserved seats.. The name of the regular train or the destination is entered in ○○ (“Zao ski”, “Koide ski”, etc.).Temporary trains for skiers without a train name had been operating in the direction of the Joetsu Line before World War II..
- From major cities throughout Japan except Hokkaido and ShikokuSki resortA special train that the Japanese National Railways started operating in 1986.Ski busIt was also a planned train that handled the operation as a campaign to counter the situation.However, as the number of passengers decreased due to the decrease in the ski population, the scale of operation gradually decreased and was abolished in 2006.Detail isThe itemchecking ...
Since the 2000s, ski trains on conventional lines have been destroyed due to an increase in bus tours and a declining ski population, but JR East has made a day trip to the ski resort a selling point.Joetsu Shinkansen-Hokuriku ShinkansenThe shift to is favorable, and special trains are operated in winter.Many discount tickets are set, and it is operated by a group company of JR East.Gala Yuzawa Ski ResortDirectly connected toGala Yuzawa StationHas been installed.
Resorts and special trains
So-calledResortInternational as a special train with passenger transportation to the ground in mindSummer resortIsKaruizawaThe destination was typical.In addition to the increased number of limited express "Asama" and express "Shinshu" and "Myoko", 1968May 7From Tokyo Station, Japan's first seasonal limited express "Soyokaze" Nakakaruizawa StationDriving between.In addition, all cars are luxury villasGreen carThere was also a passenger car express "Karuizawa Green" composed of.About thisShin-Etsu Main Line South of Nagano Honorable Train HistorySee also
Also appeared in 1985, "Alpha continental express”Established a close relationship between the resort and the railway.The in-car facility was the main destination of the train, "Alpha Resort Tomamu"(Tomamu StationAdjacent) operates and is conventionalKiha 56 series diesel trainWas remodeled to significantly improve amenities and provide a unique space.After that, "Furano Express""Tomamu Sahoro Express""Niseko Express""Crystal Express Tomamu & Sahoro, Etc., and succeeded in fusing the resort and the special train.
As a result, it was mainly used as a group train such as a tatami room train (Japanese-style passenger car).Joyful TrainThere was a change in the form of the train, which had a great impact on JR companies. After the transition to JR, there are many special trains that are operated almost regularly using the Joyful Train.
Sports and special trains
When sports competitions are held, special trains are often operated on the lines that have the nearest stations.This is because if it is a popular competition, it attracts tens of thousands of customers and responds to the increasing transportation demand.Especially in private railways, there are examples of actively attracting facilities and professional groups from the sales side, as there are multiple professional baseball teams owned by railway companies.In some cases, stations and routes for transportation are set up, and there are many temporary train operations.
Examples of major routes on which special trains for sports are operated (main facilities next to the route name)
- Professional baseball
- Hanshin Main Line - Hanshin Koshien Stadium
- Seibu Sayama Line-Ikebukuro LineAnd mutual direct lines- Seibu Dome(Met Life Dome)
- JRSengoku Line - Miyagi Stadium(Rakuten kobo stadium Miyagi)
- Osaka Metro Nagahori Tsurumi Ryokuchi Line - Osaka Dome(Kyocera Dome Osaka)
- Kobe Municipal Subway Seishin/Yamanote Line - Kobe Sports Park Baseball Field(Hot Motto Field Kobe)
- Nagoya Municipal Subway Meijo Line - Nagoya Dome(Vantelin Dome Nagoya)
- JRSanyo Main Line-Kure Line-Kabe Line - MAZDA Zoom-Zoom Stadium Hiroshima
- Soccer J LeagueAnd FIFA (International Football Federation) Sponsored soccer international match
- JRKashima Line-Kashima Seaside Railway Oarai Kashima Line - Ibaraki Prefectural Kashima Soccer Stadium ■Kashima Soccer Stadium StationTemporarily stop at.
- Saitama high-speed railway line - Saitama Stadium 2002
- Keio Line - Tokyo Stadium (Ajinomoto Stadium)
- JRYokohama Line - Yokohama International Stadium(Nissan Stadium)
- Osaka High Speed Rail Osaka Monorail Line - Suita City Soccer Stadium(Panasonic Stadium Suita)
- Astram line - Hiroshima Wide Area Athletics Stadium(Edion Stadium Hiroshima)
- JRNagasaki Main Line - Tosu Stadium(Real estate stadium in front of the station)
- Central horse racing
- Keio Line-Racecourse line・ JRNambu Line-Musashino Line - Tokyo Racecourse* For the Keio LineFuchu Horse Racing Main Gate StationIn addition to the special train fromHigashi Fuchu StationLimited expressSemi limited expressWill stop temporarily.
- Keihin Main Line - Kyoto Racecourse
- Meitetsu Nagoya Main Line - Chukyo Racecourse
- Hankyu Kobe Main Line-Hankyu Imazu Line - Hanshin Racecourse
- JR Musashino LineKeisei Main Line - Nakayama Racecourse■Higashi Nakayama StationToLimited expressWill stop temporarily.
- Bicycle race
- Boat racing
- Osaka MetroNanko Port Town Line-Yotsubashi Line - Suminoe Boat Racecourse
- Kure Line-Sanyo Main Line-Hiroshima Electric Railway Miyajima Line - Miyajima Boat Racecourse* For the Hiroshima Electric Railway Miyajima LineMiyajima Boat Racecourse StationTemporarily stop at.However, in 2020New coronavirusWith the spread of infectionNo-audience holding measuresExcept at the time of implementation.
- Chikuho Main Line - Wakamatsu Boat Racecourse* However, most of the special trains are not listed in the timetable.
University entrance exams and special trains
College entrance examination(University entrance examination center examinationEtc.) may be carried out in a place far from the city area depending on the place.A special train from the main station to the nearest station will be set up to and from the venue in order for many examinees to go.
As an example
- Fukushima UniversityCenter test at JR EastTohoku Main LineFukushima Station - Matsukawa StationMa (The nearest station to Fukushima University isKanayagawa StationHowever, because there is no turnaround facility, it will be driven to the next Matsukawa station)
- Tottori UniversitySecondary exam at West Japan Railway Company(JR West Japan)Chizu Express(Tottori University Mae StationTemporary limited express for departures and arrivals "Victory HakutoWas operating)
Festivals / events and special trains
Even when events along the railway line or traditional festivals are held, special trains may be operated.
As an example
- East Japan RailwayTohoku Main LineThen,Sendai first saleTo matchSendai StationA special train will be operated that will arrive in the early hours of 5 o'clock.
- Every yearMay 8Will be held inLake Suwa Festival Lake Fireworks FestivalWill be held in early SeptemberNational Fireworks CompetitionThen,Chuo Main LineMany extra trains are set up within the jurisdiction of JR East Nagano branch office.
- Held every September 9-1Echinaka Owara-style bonThen, from September 9st to 1th, JR WestTakayama Main LineA special timetable is assembled at.Also, from 2003 to 2010Osaka Station,Kanazawa StationIt will be the nearest station to the venueEchuchu Yao StationTemporary limited express train that goes directly toOwaraWas being driven.
- Gion Festival,Kyoto Student FestivalDriving a special train on the day of the event- Kyoto Municipal Subway
- Kurama Fire FestivalDriving a special train at Eizan Electric Railway(Implement a temporary timetable)
- At the Chichibu Railway, we operate a special train during the Chichibu Night Festival.
As a train that does not focus on passenger transportationRailway fanThere are "event trains" such as trains for XX line opening XX anniversary issue.Typical isRevival trainSo, it is driven using the nicknames and vehicles that were once driven during the JNR era.On a train like thisBoarding certificateIs issued in many cases, and many fans ride for it.In addition, we often use vehicles with few opportunities to board, such as Joyful Trains and old passenger cars.
Steam locomotive traction train(SL train)Trolley trainThere are also special trains to attract tourists.The steam locomotive tow train went into operation in 1976Oigawa ShindoBeginning withYamaguchi Lineof"SL Yamaguchi"Banetsu West Lineof"SL Banetsu story"Chichibu Railway LineIt is driven mainly on weekends.
Since vehicles that are not normally used on that route are often used, other than the "ride iron" that is intended for boarding, it is also for shooting purposes.Shooting ironIt is often the train that attracts attention, and it is often seen that many railroad fans gather along the railway line on the driving day.In particular, when operating a steam locomotive, not only railroad fans but also residents along the railway line are attracting attention, so a tremendous number of people may rush to the railway line and stations, and JR employees, security guards, and in some cases,Police officerSecurity may be carried out even by mobilizing.
China special train
Chinese New YearChinese New YearThe special train during the special transportation period is famous..Chinese New Year special transportation will be carried out from mid-January to mid-February. In 1, the number of extra trains increased during the Chinese New Year was 2...In addition, the average number of passengers during the 2006 Chinese New Year special transportation period is estimated to be 1 (at the peak, 350), and the number of passengers is estimated to be 2000 million..
- ^ Timetable gallery (railway memoir) You can see the cover of the past timetable.
- ^ "Notice of special train for" spring "" (PDF) (Press Release), Tokai passenger railway, (November 2018, 1), オ リ ジ ナ ルArchived as of October 2018, 8. 2018th of February 8Browse.
- ^ "Notice of special train for" summer "" (PDF) (Press Release), Central Japan Railway Company, (February 2018, 5), オ リ ジ ナ ルArchived as of October 2018, 8. 2018th of February 8Browse.
- ^ "Notice of special train in" Autumn "" (PDF) (Press Release), Central Japan Railway Company, (February 2018, 8), オ リ ジ ナ ルArchived as of October 2018, 8. 2018th of February 8Browse.
- ^ "Notice of special train for" winter "" (PDF) (Press Release), Central Japan Railway Company, (February 2017, 10), オ リ ジ ナ ルArchived as of October 2018, 1. 2018th of February 8Browse.
- ^ However, in the case of "Twilight Express", it may be operated every day when there are many customers because the prescribed organization required for operation is barely complete.Train itemSee also
- ^ "About the operation of the special train in 27 [Spring]" (PDF) (Press Release), West Japan Railway Company Kanazawa Branch, (March 2014, 12) 2014th of February 12Browse.
- ^ This applies to the 9M train departing from Hirosaki at 02:8646 and the 11M train departing from Odate at 55:8651.The source isKotsu Shimbun"JR Timetable" April 2015 issue
- ^ Kotsu Shimbun "JR Timetable" February / March 2009 issue
- ^ It was operated using a romance car and equipped with the original head mark. "Railway fanAccording to the June 1996 issue, it seems that the section was operated with a "temporary" curtain for a while after 6.
- ^ Seto Ohashi LineIt was driven after opening,Takamatsu Station-Okayama station - Yonago StationThe special rapid train "Mt. Ooyama Ski Yumeji" is211 series super saloon "Yumeji"It was a reserved seat for all cars.
- ^ "Increased number of ski trains" "Tokyo Asahi Shimbun" January 10, 1, page 11
- ^ About passing through the temporary stop Miyajima Boat Race Miyajima -Hiroshima Electric Railway
- ^ a b c More than 1 extra trains, Chinese New Year special transportation, more than 1 million passengers China Communications Company, February 2006, 2
- Special train
- First visit special train
- Group train
- School excursion train
- Continuation flight
- Special express train
- Express train --Currently, the JR Group has only temporary trains.