Chartered Gulf night view train tour with Tokyo Monorail 1000 series …… Turn off the lights inside the train and drive slowly at the night view point
If you write the contents roughly
The monorail, which is usually used as a "means of transportation" for commuting to work / school or going to the airport, is quickly transformed into a sightseeing train.
Tokyo Tower, Rainbow Bridge, Tennozu Sea Fort Square, Tokyo Mega Illumination (Oi Racecourse), Haneda Airport ... → Continue reading
Train channels are always immersed in the train! This is a railway specialized channel for railway fans.
You can check the latest railway news you are interested in at once!
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
The definition of the same "tourist train" depends on the person who defines it.
Major travel agencyJTBJTB Research Institute, a think tank of Japan, defines a sightseeing train as "a train whose purpose is to ride, such as elaborating the interior and exterior and allowing you to travel while enjoying the taste.".. On the other hand,Nara Prefectural UniversityProfessor Katsuhiro Shinno (Transport Economics / Transportation Policy / Tourist Destination Transportation)Japan Private Railway AssociationIn his contribution to the public relations magazine, "trains used by tourists (whether or not the purpose is a railroad)" is broadly defined as a tourist train, from tourists to sightseeing of the vehicle itself. It states that the definition itself has changed.
In addition, as a vehicle with a special interior and exteriorJoyful TrainHowever, according to the aforementioned Shinno, this is "Group travelPart of the serviceIn that respect, it is different from a sightseeing train...However, the sightseeing trainGroup trainBecause it is sometimes operated as a joyful train and the distinction between the two is ambiguous, railway hobby magazines may confuse the two..
As described above, the definition of "sightseeing train" as a term is a little complicated, so in this section, all the ones that the business operator uses "sightseeing train" or similar names are described.
The first time I used the current meaning of "sightseeing train"1990 ToJR EastAppeared in "Nostalgic view trainIs..The train is almost different from the previous "Joyful Train"Gonō senIt was operated only in.Since the train was well received,Resort ShirakamiIt was taken over as2000 eraWhen you enter, you can see "On other JR East routes.Twinkle""Glitter MichinokuIn addition to the follow-up examples, similar trains have begun to operate in JR Hokkaido and JR West.
2010 eraIn order to increase the number of passengers and promote tourist spots along the railway lines, such trains were born one after another on local private railways.Also, in JR, "Izu Crail"Or"Iyo Nada MonogatariAll carsGreen carSeveral trains have appeared, and there are cases of new directions to enjoy luxury.
List of current tourist trains
JR companies → List by region.There are cases of names for vehicles and cases of names for trains, but no particular distinction is made here.It also includes those with names similar to tourist trains.
In addition, although some local tourism bureaus and news sites independently call them "tourist trains," only those called by the business operator are listed here.
Hokkaido Passenger Railway (JR Hokkaido)
- The name tourist train is often used, but a list of trains and rolling stock has not been published as of 2020.However, in past announcements, the vehicle used for sightseeing trains was "Limited express railcar type""General railcar typeIt was written by classifying it into three types, "Other"..
- Limited express railcar type can be classified as Joyful Train "North rainbow express""Hamanasu formation" "Lavender formation"However, for general diesel train types, it is also operated on regular trains.Blessings of Hokkaido"Or"Lupin III"Wrapping vehicle", but various othersNorokkoAnd SL trains are classified.
East Japan Railway (JR East)
- In JR East, "TRAIN SUITE Shikishima"" And the train group excluding group vehiclesA fun trainIt is called.However, this is virtually synonymous with "sightseeing train" even at JR East Group companies...Initially, the vehicle that corresponds to this was "landing business type".Joyful TrainI used to use the name.
- The "fun trains" currently in operation are as follows.
- Resort Shirakami(1997  -)
- SL Banetsu story(1999 -)
- Resort Asunaro(2010 -)
- Resort view oldness(2010 -)
- POKÉMON with YOU train(2012 -)
- TOHOKU EMOTION(2013 -)
- SL galaxy(2014 -)
- Koshino Shu * Kura(2014 -)
- Trayyu Tsubasa(2014 -)
- Come on(2015 -)
- Fruity Fukushima(2015 -)
- HIGH RAIL 1375(2017 -)
- Iroha(2018 -)
- SL Gunma Minakami(2018  -)
- SL Gunma Yokokawa(2018  -)
- BOSO BICYCLE BASE(2018 -)
- nautical mile(2019 -)
Tokai Passenger Railway (JR Tokai)
- Unexplored stationThe term "sightseeing train" is used uniformly for special trains whose main purpose is to board trains, such as tours.JR Tokai does not have special vehicles for sightseeing, so all373 seriesDriven by general vehicles such as.
West Japan Railway (JR West)
- JR WestJR outing netThe following trains are described as "sightseeing trains" in.
Shikoku Railway Company (JR Shikoku)
- Own websiteThe following trains are described as "sightseeing trains" in.
- Anpanman train(2000 -)
- Yu Yu Anpanman Car(2002 -)
- Seto Ohashi Anpanman Dolly(2006 -)
- Kaiyodo Hobby Train(2011 -)
- Shiman dolly(2013 -)
- Iyo Nada Monogatari(2014 -)
- Railway hobby train(2014 -)
- Shikoku Mannaka Millennium Story(2017 -)
- Ai Yoshinogawa Dolly(2020 -)
- The story of the dawn of the Tokushi Shikuni era(2020 -)
Kyushu Railway Company (JR Kyushu)
- Own websiteThe following trains are described as "sightseeing trains [D & S trains]".
Other railway operators
Donan Isaribi Railway
- As a "regional information transmission train"Kiha 40 typeRemodeled "Nagarare, And operates on the sightseeing train "Nagare Kaikyo" in addition to regular trains.
Akita Inland Transit Railway
- AN-8900 typeRemodeled "Lol EMIAnd operates as an express train on a specific day.
- 2021 ToAN-2000 typeRemodeled "Akita JomonIs newly introduced, and it is operated in combination with "lol EMI".
- As a "sightseeing train"4000 seriesRemodeled "Seibu Traveling Restaurant 52 Seats Bliss”, And operates two round trips, day and night, mainly on Saturdays and holidays..
- As a sightseeing train115 seriesRemodeled "RokumonIs owned and operates by the rapid train of the same name mainly on Saturdays and holidays..
- Also, for liner vehiclesSR1 seriesSpecial Rapid Train "Karuizawa ResortIs called a "sightseeing toll rapid train".
Toyama regional railway
- The following 3 trains are called "sightseeing trains".
Ainokaze Toyama Railway
- As a sightseeing train413 seriesRemodeled "XNUMX thousand shaku story”, And operates mainly on Saturdays and holidays.
- For tourist trainsNT300 typeOwns, mainly on Saturdays and holidaysNoto Satoyama SatoumiOperates as..On days when tourist trains are not in operation, they will be connected to regular trains.
Kinki Nippon Railway
- As a sightseeing trainNagara 3 seriesRemodeled "WhileWe own 3 cars and operate about 150 days a year..
- As a sightseeing trainHaimo 330-700 typeRemodeled "NeogawaAnd operates on a regular train of the same name.
Kyoto Tango Railway
- As a sightseeing trainKTR700 typeRemodeled"Tango Akamatsu"Tango Aomatsu"Tango Kuromatsu'To own.Except for Aomatsu, reservation-based sightseeing trains are used, and Aomatsu is operated by regular regular trains..
- "Sightseeing limited express" remodeled 6300 series "Kyoto train, A modified 7000 series "Kyo and Rein MasarakuIs operating.
Nankai Electric Railway
- As a sightseeing trainTakano Lineで2200 seriesRemodeled "sky',Thick lineで7100 seriesRemodeled "Congratulations'Is operating.
- As a sightseeing trainWT3000 typeRemodeled "Showa"Yazu"Young cherry blossomIs owned and operated by regular regular trains.
Okayama Electric Track
- 9200 typeManufactured as a special specification for the 3rd formation ofChuggington”With a license agreement with the sightseeing train“Okaden ChagintonOperates as.
Tosa Kuroshio Railway
West Japan Railway
- 3000 typeI have two sightseeing trains that have been remodeled.Long time ago8000 typeI was using2017 I replaced the vehicle.
- 6050 typeRemodeled "Travel train to taste the area THE RAIL KITCHEN CHIKUGOAnd operates on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
Heisei Chikuho Railway
- As a sightseeing train400 typeRemodeled "Kotokoto trainWe own two cars and operate on Saturdays and holidays..
Hisatsu Orange Railway
- As a sightseeing trainHSOR-100 typeOwns a remodeled "dining car" and "on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays"Orange dining roomOperates as.
Past tourist trains
East Japan Railway Company (past)
- The following tourist trains have existed in the past.
Central Japan Railway Company (past)
- 2010 From the sightseeing type vehicle "Train 117Was owned.mainlyIida LineIt was operated on the "Breeze Train 117" of2013 Retired to.
West Japan Railway Company (past)
- The following tourist trains have existed in the past.However, except for "Kinokuni Seaside", all operations have been terminated due to conversion to other sightseeing trains.
- The following tourist trains have existed in the past.The former has been discontinued due to aging vehicles and the latter has decreased the number of passengers, and there are currently no tourist trains on the Kumagawa Railway.
- ^ "Tourist train". Tourism Glossary. JTB Research Institute. October 2021th, 8Browse.
- ^ a b c Katsuhiro Shinno "Future Studies of Railways Keynote Report 55 Old, Present, and Future of Sightseeing Trains"Public Relations Magazine" Mintetsu "" Volume 71,Japan Private Railway Association, Pages 4-7.
- ^ In one example, "Railway fanIn the July 1994 issue of the special feature "Joyful Trains' Famous Scenes," some of the tourist trains in this article also appear.
- ^ Railroad pictorial book Volume 129 XNUMX pages, Ikaros Publishing
- ^ Initiatives for new sightseeing trains from 2019 October 2019th, 2
- ^ 10 sightseeing trains in eastern Japan.The best train trip you want to experience at least once View Plaza
- ^ About production plan (overview) of "high grade vehicle" and "special vehicle" East Japan Railway Company, June 2004, 6
- ^ Since then, formations have been added or exchanged.See the article for details.
- ^ The train itself1989 It was operated as "SL Minakami" from, but it was renamed in 2018 and was incorporated into a fun train.
- ^ The train itself1999 It was operated as "SL Usui" from, but it was renamed in 2018 and was incorporated into a fun train.
- ^ About cancellation of operation of conventional line sightseeing trains, etc.
- ^ 2000 series,2700 series(Aka / Kiiro),8000 series4 formations are enrolled.
- ^ It is a special vehicle that is combined with one car on a regular limited express train, and has a different character from other examples.
- ^ The new sightseeing train "Laugh EMI" has started operation! Akita Nairiku Transit Railway, February 2020, 2
- ^ Announcement of the debut of the new sightseeing vehicle "Akita Jomon"! Akita Nairiku Transit Railway, February 2021, 1
- ^ Seibu Traveling Restaurant 52 Seats Bliss Seibu Railway
- ^ Rokumon Shinano Railway
- ^ About the start of operation of toll rapid trains by the new model "SR1 series" Shinano Railway, May 2020, 5
- ^ The train does not have any special sightseeing facilities, but you can use the "plan with light meals" for an additional fee.
- ^ Tourist train Toyama regional railway
- ^ XNUMX thousand shaku story Ainokaze Toyama Railway
- ^ Noto Satoyama Satoumi Noto Railway
- ^ Sightseeing limited express Shimakaze Kinki Nippon Railway
- ^ Blue Symphony Kinki Nippon Railway
- ^ Sightseeing train "while" special site Nagara Railway
- ^ Sightseeing train / vehicle introduction Tarumi Railway
- ^ Tango Akamatsu WILLER TRAINS
- ^ The new sightseeing limited express "Kyoto Rein Masaraku" debuts! Hankyu Corporation
- ^ Nankai Electric Railway Takano Line Sky Nankai Electric Railway
- ^ Kada fish line sightseeing train "Medetai Densha" Nankai Electric Railway
- ^ [Official] Wakasa Railway Sightseeing Train "Showa" "Hachito" Wakasa Railway
- ^ world's first!"Chuggington Train" is now available on trams! -Wilson / Blue Star becomes a tourist train- Okayama Electric Track
- ^ Enjoy the Pacific Ocean!Open deck type sightseeing train Shintaro / Yataro Tosa Kuroshio Railway
- ^ Dazaifu Sightseeing Train "Traveler-Tabito-" West Japan Railway
- ^ Dazaifu Sightseeing Train "Water Capital -Suito-" West Japan Railway
- ^ THE RAIL KITCHEN CHIKUGO West Japan Railway
- ^ Kotokoto train Heisei Chikuho Railway
- ^ Orange dining room Hisatsu Orange Railway