Photo "WEST EXPRESS Ginga" vehicle image
"West Express Ginga" to Shikoku Departs from Osaka on Christmas morning
If you write the contents roughly
Product details will be announced on the Nippon Travel Agency website linked from the "WEST EXPRESS Ginga" special website after 11:2 on November 16nd.
JR West announced on October 2021, 10 that the long-distance train "WEST EXPRESS Ginga" will go to Shikoku ... → Continue reading
Train channels are always immersed in the train! This is a railway specialized channel for railway fans.
You can check the latest railway news you are interested in at once!
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
WEST EXPRESS Galaxy
In the "JR West Group Medium-Term Management Plan 2022", JR West states that it will contribute to the revitalization of each area of West Japan centering on tourism through dialogue and cooperation with the region as a business strategy of the railway business. Operation is part of that effort.
The train concept is "a train that allows you to easily enjoy rail travel" for a wide range of passengers, from passengers who are accustomed to traveling by rail to passengers who do not usually use railroads, and tourists visiting Japan.TWILIGHT EXPRESS Ruifu".
Also, as a keyword, "Diversity""casual""Relax"Is mentioned.
As a concrete measure for each, "diversity" is to accommodate various travel styles by installing multiple types of seats such as green private rooms, nobinobi seats, compartment seats, and women's seats in addition to ordinary seats, in the West Japan area. Operates multiple sections to stimulate travel demand in various directions.
"Relaxation" is highly comfortable and provides a calm interior space, seating arrangements that allow passengers to enjoy the scenery along the railway line from the train window, and free space that passengers can freely use.And through these, we want to convey the joy of traveling by rail and increase the number of repeat passengers..
The train name "Galaxy"" Refers to a collection of various stars that exist in the wide universe, and the meaning of a train that connects the West Japan area operated by this train is likened to the universe, and the attractive areas of each place are likened to stars. Is.. The name "Galaxy" was in operation until 2008 (Heisei 20)Sleeper express trainIt is used in Japan and will be the first revival in 12 years..
In addition to the fare for boarding, JR West Internet reservation "e5489, "JR-WEST ONLINE TRAIN RESERVATION", nationwideGreen Window, Sold at travel agency countersLimited express ticket,Green ticketIs required. However,2020 (Reiwa2 years)May 9For the time being from the start of operationJapan TravelSold only for travel products planned and implemented by.
In addition, a new green private room charge has been set for the operation of "WEST EXPRESS Ginga" that connects green private rooms, and the charge is 1 yen per person up to 100 km, 4,360 yen up to 200 km, 5,860 yen up to 300 km, 7,240 km. Is 400 yen.
Osaka-Izumo City is the former night trainMoonlight YaegakiIs the same route as.Osaka-Shimonoseki in the pastTsubame / HatoWas in service[Note 2]..In addition, the limited express that runs regularly between Kyoto and ShinguKuroshioOperate the same route as.The down train is scheduled to operate as a night train, but in the past, the night train "Hayatama"165 seriesNight trains (commonly known as Shingu night trains) were operating[Note 3].
2019 OctoberAt the time of the announcement of the operation outline of, it was clarified that it will be operated in the following two forms depending on the operation time..The frequency of operation is about 2 round trips a week.
- 京都-Osaka - IzumoNight limited express train connecting between (hereinafter referred to as "San'in area")
- Osaka- ShimonosekiDaytime limited express train connecting between (hereinafter referred to as "Sanyo area")
In addition, the following operation modes were added in May 2021...The frequency of operation is also about 2 round trips a week.
- Kyoto - ShinguNight / day limited express trains connecting between (hereinafter referred to as "Kinan area")
The service to the Kinan area was added based on local requests (details will be described later).
- Sanin area
- Sanyo area
- Kinan area
Initially in the Sanin area2020 (Reiwa2 years)May 5From the same yearMay 9Until, Sanyo area is the same yearOctoberから2021 (3nd year of Reiwa)OctoberUntil ("Setouchi / Hiroshima"Destination campaign(Part of)It was supposed to be in service,Epidemic of new coronavirus infectionBased on the usage situation, The service start date has been postponed to September 2020, 9, from the same day to November 11 in the Sanin area, and in 11 in the Sanyo area.May 12From 2021May 3Was changed to service.
Between Kyoto and Osaka-Izumo CityTokaido Main Line-Sanyo Main Line-Hakubi Line-San'in Main LineConnect via.The outbound (Monday / Friday departure) is from Kyoto to Izumo City, and the uphill (Wednesday / Sunday departure) is from Izumo City to Osaka.Stations vary from direction to direction.Tickets to be sold have a designated boarding / alighting section, and the downhill ticketHimeji - IkuyamaDuring the uphillBichu Takahashi - KobeTickets (limited express tickets / green tickets) that do not have a gap will not be sold[Note 4].. 2020May 11After the service in the San'in area was terminated and the service was operated in the Sanyo area from December 12 of the same year to March 12 of the following year, it was operated on the same route from March 3 to June 11 of the same year..
Stop station (toward Sanin)
(Kyoto Station) - (Shin-Osaka Station) --Osaka Station- Sannomiya Station - Kobe station -(Nishi Akashi Station)-(Himeji Station)-[Bichu Takahashi Station]-(Ikuyama Station)-[Neu Station]- Yonago Station - Yasugi Station - Matsue Station - Tamatsukuri Onsen Station - Shinji Station --Izumo City Station
- () Stops only for Izumo City
-  Stops only for Osaka
- Down train from Kyoto Station to Shin-Osaka StationLimited expressTo wait for the passage ofIbaraki StationStop driving at.
- The arrival time at Himeji Station / Shoyama Station and the departure time at Yonago Station differ depending on the day of the week..
- At Bichu-Takahashi Station on the up train, the train will stop for 21 minutes from 25:22 to 35:XNUMX, and with the theme of "again, Takahashi," the "culture," "food," and "local sake" that Takahashi City is proud of will make you a memory of your trip. Well, hospitality is provided.On limited days such as the service start dateBitchu Kagura-Bitchu Takahashi Matsuyama DanceWill be shown, and sightseeing PR will be held such as selling Takahashi specialties, local area specialties, and local sake in the car.Also, while the train is stopped, it is adjacent to the bridge terrace of Bichu-Takahashi Station.Takahashi City LibraryCommercial space can be extended for an extended period of time.
- On the up trainKurashiki StationBeyondSanyo Main LineWithin, for exampleNakajo StationThen about 1 hour and 30 minutesDriving stopThe trains are often stopped at stations along the way.
Connect Osaka-Shimonoseki via the Tokaido Main Line and Sanyo Main Line.Down trains run on Tuesdays and Saturdays, up trains run on Thursdays and Sundays..Unlike the San'in area, the service section is the same for both the top and bottom, but the stop stations are also different for each direction..
Stop station (toward Sanyo)
Osaka Station --Sannomiya Station --Kobe Station --Nishi Akashi Station --Himeji Station - Okayama station - Kurashiki Station - Fukuyama station - Mihara Station - Saijo Station - Hiroshima Station - Miyajimaguchi Station - Iwakuni Station -(Yanai Station)- Tokuyama Station -(Hofu Station)- Shin-Yamaguchi Station -(Ube Station)- Shin-Shimonoseki Station --Shimonoseki Station
- () Stops only for Osaka
- At Fukuyama Station (46 minutes stop) on the down train and Yanai Station and Kurashiki Station (15 minutes each stop) on the up train, product sales and hospitality to passengers will be carried out according to the long stop..
- The departure and arrival times of Sannomiya Station, Kobe Station, Nishi-Akeishi Station, Miyajimaguchi Station, and Iwakuni Station, and the departure times of Himeji Station and Hiroshima Station differ depending on the day of the outbound train..
- The departure and arrival times of Miyajimaguchi Station differ depending on the day of the week for the up train..
- Up trains stop at Ube Station from 2022.
Kyoto-Shingu on the Tokaido Main LineOsaka Loop Line-Hanwa Line-Kisei Main LineConnect via.The down train (departing on Monday and Friday) is operated as a night limited express, and the up train is operated as a daytime limited express on Wednesday and Sunday.The service section is the same for both the top and bottom, but the stop stations are different for each direction..
The service to Kinan was not included in the original plan, but in 2020May 10,WakayamaとShingu City-Susami Town-Furuzagawa Town-Kushimoto-Nachi Katsuura Town-Taiji Town-Kitayama VillageIs jointlyJR West Wakayama BranchIn response, it was reported that he handed over a request for service to the southern part of Wakayama prefecture.The Wakayama branch office is planning to work toward the realization of operation to the southern part of Wakayama prefecture in the future.It was planned based on this, and the plan was announced in May 2021...The service period is scheduled from July 7th to December 16nd of the same year..
Stop station (Kinan area)
Kyoto Station-Shin-Osaka Station- Tennoji Station - Hineno Station - Wakayama Station -(Hainan Station)-(Shirahama Station)-(Susami Station)- Kushimoto Station -(Taiji Station)- Kiikatsuura Station --Shingu Station
- () Stops only for Kyoto
- At Wakayama Station (stop for 78 minutes) on the down train, outside the station as a midnight snackWakayama Chinese noodlesIs provided.
- At Kushimoto Station (116 minutes stop) on the down train, breakfast is served at a restaurant outside the station..
- Kushimoto Station, Kii Katsuura Station, Shingu Station, and up train Taiji Station (15 minutes stop), Koza Station (18 minutes stop), Shusanmi Station (51 minutes stop), Hainan Station (43 minutes stop) for a long time Carrying out product sales and hospitality to passengers.
- On the up train, lunch will be provided as lunch when departing from Shingu Station (July-September) or Kii-Katsuura Station (October-December)..
- The departure time of Wakayama Station and the arrival time of Hineno Station differ depending on the day of the week for the up train..
The seed car was once in the Kansai areaLimited expressUsed for etc.117 series6-car train (Kawasaki Heavy IndustriesManufactured in 1980), the design is "Echigo Tokimeki Resort Yukitsuki HanaWas also in charge of the designYasuyuki KawanishiIs in charge of.
The body is painted in lapis lazuli, expressing the beautiful sea and sky that western Japan is proud of..
LightsLEDThe window has also been changed to a larger one so that you can enjoy the car window while lying down.Also, as a noise countermeasure,compressorHas been replaced, the floor inspection port has been closed, and some windows have become fixed windows..
Except for the 2 + 2 row seats and the Nobinobi seats, which are the seat types, the seats in the car are in the seat state when the daytime limited express train is in operation, and in the bed state when the night limited express train is in operation..
The 2 + 2 row seats are also staggered on the left and right, with a seat pitch of 1200 mm, which is the same as the green cars of other limited express trains...Also in the carWi-Fi, USB port, and large luggage storage.
- Usage Guide
- G = Reserved seats for green cars
- G pieces = Green private room
- Finger = reserved seat for ordinary cars
- F = Regular car reserved seat (Female seat）
- = Wheelchair accessible
The segregation of seats for each vehicle is clear, and all 6 cars have different seat configurations...The details inside each car are as follows.
The Green Car is a reserved seat vehicle with 1 + 1 rows of seats.The seat is nicknamed "First Seat".
The capacity for daytime is 16 people, and the capacity for nighttime is 8 people..
FemaleIn a car with reserved seats[Note 6], There are two upper and lower nobinobi seats divided into three sections and 3 + 2 row seats.The nobinobi seat is nicknamed "couchette" which means a simple sleeper..
Women's changing rooms and women's toilets are located.
Capacity is 26 people both during the day and at night.
It is a vehicle with reserved seats for ordinary cars, and has two compartment seats that can be used by families and 2 + 2 row seats.The compartment seat is nicknamed "Family Cabin".. The "Family Cabin" is used by 4 people during the daytime, but the folded seats are unfolded and used by 2 people during the nighttime..
The capacity for daytime is 28 people, and the capacity for nighttime is 24 people..
It is a vehicle with a free space, and the free space is nicknamed "Planet"..
There are multiple tables and seating spaces so that you can spend your time freely, and there is also a small street-style counter that can be used for events.There are plans to sell simple lunch boxes in some sections...Also, the lights can be turned on all night even at night...On the tableShogi,チ ェ ス,Othello,GoThere is a board.
It is a vehicle with reserved seats for ordinary cars, and has nobinobi seats divided into 5 sections.The nobinobi seat is nicknamed "couchette".
Four of them are two-tiered up and down, but one compartment near the doorway is a wheelchair-accessible bunk bed.In addition, wheelchair-accessible seats and multifunctional toilets are located inside the car..
Capacity is 18 people both during the day and at night.
By making the shape of the private room a trapezoid that has never existed before, in addition to a certain bed area, a length of about 4 meters in the rail direction is secured..
Private rooms other than the private room for 1 person are used by 1 people during the daytime, but the beds are expanded and used by 3 people during the nighttime..
The capacity for daytime is 13 people, and the capacity for nighttime is 9 people..
- 2016 (Heisei28 years)
- 2019 (31ReiwaFirst year)
(2nd year of Reiwa)
- May 1: Disclosure of vehicles used at Fukida General Vehicle Station to the press.
- May 3: Announcement of details of operation date and time.
- May 4 : Usage status due to the epidemic of new coronavirus infectionAnnounced that the service start date will be postponed indefinitely because of.
- May 9: Start of operation.
- May 12: Started service to Sanyo area,.
- May 12: Spring of the following year-Autumn operation plan announced, summer of the same year-Autumn new operation to southern Wakayama prefecture announced.
(3nd year of Reiwa)
- May 5: Announcement of details of service dates and times to the Kinan area.
- May 7: Start of service to Kinan.
- May 10: 2021 Good Design Award "Good design・ Received "Best 100" and "(Special Award) Good Focus Award (Community Design)"
- May 12 - May 12: As the climax of the "Shikoku Destination Campaign"Osaka Station - Kotohira StationOne round trip between (1 days down, 25 days up).
- 2020 May 10, As part of the cargo-passenger mixed transportation initiativeOsaka StationAt the "San'in Good Things Marche" held in, during the uphill operation in the San'in area the day beforeMatsue StationThe special products of the San'in region loaded in.
- 2021 December 1-2,Kyoto Railway Museum4-car composition (No. 1, No. 4, No. 5, No. 6) Special exhibition at Mukomachi marshalling yard on December 2020, 12.
Service to Shikoku
2021 May 10, As the climax of "Shikoku Destination Campaign"May 12からMay 12OverOsaka Station - Kotohira StationIt was announced that it would drive one round trip between.This will be the first operation in the Shikoku area and other companies' lines..
Only travel products will be on sale, with Kotohira on the 25th and Osaka on the 26th.Both are operated as daytime limited express trains..
- () Stops only for Osaka
- At Okayama Station (stop for 32 minutes) on the down train, Okayama Ninja will welcome you, sell local specialties, and show you Uraja.
- At Tadotsu Station (30-minute stop) on the down train, there will be a performance of the Tadotsu Kyogoku Shorinji Kempo Taiko drum, product sales and hospitality by the Tadotsu Silver Human Resources Center, and hospitality by the Tadotsu squadrons "Moriagerunger" and "Sakura-chan".
- At Kotohira Station, "Konpee-kun" and "Konpira Fune Fune no Mai" will welcome you and send you off, and Sanuki udon and Oiri will behave.
- As a plan after arriving at Kotohira Station on the down trainKotohira ShrineVisit to the shrine,Shikoku Mannaka Millennium StoryYou can get on the train.
- At Marugame Station on the up train, a stop-off tour (60 minutes) is set for Marugame Castle. Information, the behavior of Honetsukidori, and presents such as Marugame Karinto will be given.
- After departing from Marugame Station on the up train, a lunch box set will be distributed in the train according to the operation of "WEST EXPRESS Ginga" by Ryotei Nicho.
- At Kojima Station (stop for 39 minutes) on the up train, a yoga drum will be shown, a G panda will welcome you, and local specialties will be sold.
- In-car sales of "WEST EXPRESS Ginga" goods will be held between Okayama Station and Kojima Station.
- ^ at firstMay 5Was scheduled to start operation, but the operation start date was postponed due to the influence of the spread of the new coronavirus infection.
- ^ Although it is a temporary train, the limited express train runs regularly between Kurashiki and Shimonoseki on the Sanyo Main Line.2009 (21)May 3Abolished in "Fuji-HayabusaIt's been 11 and a half years since then, and if it's limited to day trains1975 (50)May 3 OfSanyo ShinkansenThis is the first time in 45 and a half years since the opening of all lines.
- ^ Night trains run on the Kisei Line2000 This is the first time in 12 years since the section of Shingu Yakou was shortened to Kii-Tanabe in 21.
- ^ However, as mentioned above, for the time being, it is limited to the sale of travel products planned by Nippon Travel Agency.For travel products, you cannot board at Shin-Osaka Station, Kobe Station, Nishi-Akeishi Station, Himeji Station, get off at Shoyama Station, or go up at Shishido Station, Neme Station, or Bichu Takarya Station.
- ^ The reason why the lace curtain is a lace curtain is that it is designed so that the car window on the opposite side of the seated seat can be seen while blocking the eyes to some extent.
- ^ Men can pass through.
- ^ One of them is a private room for one person.
- ^ a b “The departure ceremony for“ WEST EXPRESS Ginga ”was held!” (Japanese) (PDF) (Press Release), West Japan Railway Company, (October 2020, 9), オ リ ジ ナ ルArchived as of October 2020, 10. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o "Determination of new long-distance train names, exteriors, and equipment nicknames" (Japanese) (PDF) (Press Release), West Japan Railway Company, (October 2019, 3), オ リ ジ ナ ルArchived as of October 2021, 1. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b c d e f "About the operation outline of" WEST EXPRESS Ginga "" (Japanese) (PDF) (Press Release), West Japan Railway Company, (October 2019, 11), オ リ ジ ナ ルArchived as of October 2021, 1. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Resurrection for the first time in 12 years Train calling itself "Galaxy" Once a sleeper express to / from Tokyo". Vehicle news (February 2020, 9). As of February 21, 2020オ リ ジ ナ ルMore archives.NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b c "About the start of operation of" WEST EXPRESS Ginga "" (Japanese) (PDF) (Press Release), West Japan Railway Company, (October 2020, 7), オ リ ジ ナ ルArchived as of October 2020, 9. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l "About the operation of the" WEST EXPRESS Ginga "Kinan course" (Japanese) (PDF) (Press Release), West Japan Railway Company, (October 2021, 5), オ リ ジ ナ ルArchived as of October 2021, 5. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b "About the operation of the" WEST EXPRESS Ginga "San'in course" (Japanese) (PDF) (Press Release), West Japan Railway Company, (October 2021, 1), オ リ ジ ナ ルArchived as of October 2021, 1. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b c d e f g h "Details of operation to" WEST EXPRESS Ginga "Sanyo area" (Japanese) (PDF) (Press Release), West Japan Railway Company, (October 2020, 10), オ リ ジ ナ ルArchived as of October 2020, 11. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b "About the decision to operate the" WEST EXPRESS Ginga "in the direction of Sanyo" (Japanese) (PDF) (Press Release), West Japan Railway Company, (October 2021, 10) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b c d "About the driving day of" WEST EXPRESS Ginga "" (Japanese) (PDF) (Press Release), West Japan Railway Company, (October 2020, 3), オ リ ジ ナ ルArchived as of October 2020, 3. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n "West Express Ginga" unveiled inside the train like a sleeper train ". Railroad newspaper (Makoto Fukuoka). (January 2020, 1) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p "JR West," WEST EXPRESS Ginga "released.Limited express train with a variety of seats from solo travelers to family travelers. Travel Watch (Hidenori Itakura). (January 2020, 1) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b "About suspension of some temporary trains on the Sanyo Shinkansen and conventional lines" (Japanese) (PDF) (Press Release), West Japan Railway Company, (October 2020, 4), オ リ ジ ナ ルArchived as of October 2021, 1. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b c "About the operation of" WEST EXPRESS Ginga "toward Sanyo" (Japanese) (PDF) (Press Release), West Japan Railway Company, (October 2020, 9), オ リ ジ ナ ルArchived as of October 2020, 10. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b "About the 2021" WEST EXPRESS Ginga "operation direction" (Japanese) (PDF) (Press Release), West Japan Railway Company, (October 2020, 12), オ リ ジ ナ ルArchived as of October 2020, 12. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "About the stop at Bitchū-Takahashi Station on the Hakubi Line of" WEST EXPRESS Ginga "" (Japanese) (Press Release), West Japan Railway Company, (May 2020, 1), オ リ ジ ナ ルArchived as of October 2021, 1. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ “7 municipalities request JR for sightseeing train“ Ginga ”to Kinan”. Kii Minpo(November 2020, 10). オ リ ジ ナ ルArchived as of October 2021, 1. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "JR West is considering the operation of a new long-distance train" What you can easily enjoy a railroad trip "". Vehicle news(July 2016, 11) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Long-distance train [WEST EXPRESS Ginga] ” Good Design Award. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b c "" WEST EXPRESS Ginga "will operate to Shikoku for the first time" (Japanese) (PDF) (Press Release), West Japan Railway Company, (October 2021, 10) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "San'in special products transported by" WEST EXPRESS Ginga "are also on sale! About holding" San'in Good Things Marche "" (Japanese) (PDF) (Press Release), Sanin Tourism Federation / JR West Daily Service Net / JR West Sanin Development / West Japan Railway Company, (September 2020, 9), オ リ ジ ナ ルArchived as of October 2020, 10. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "JR West, transporting special products by sightseeing train" Ginga ""Nihon Keizai Shimbun. (June 2020, 10) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "We will have a special exhibition of" WEST EXPRESS Ginga "at the beginning of 2021! ~ Admission tickets with goods will be on sale along with the exhibition ~" (Japanese) (PDF) (Press Release), Kyoto Railway Museum, (December 2020, 12), オ リ ジ ナ ルArchived as of October 2020, 12. NovemberBrowse.
- WEST EXPRESS Ginga: JR Outing Net -West Japan Railway