Photo Image of the autonomous driving "Ride Pilot" installed in Volvo Cars' new electric SUV
Volvo Cars to announce new electric SUV by 2022 ... Equipped with automatic driving "Ride Pilot"
If you write the contents roughly
The ride pilot will be put into practical use after undergoing rigorous verification and testing processes by Volvo Cars.
Volvo Cars will release a conditional autonomous driving function "Ride Pilot" on January 1th in the United States ... → Continue reading
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
The predecessor of Volvo Cars isVolvo Group(Composed of the so-called truck division and ship engine divisionconglomerate) Passenger car division.8% of the stockChugoku-Zhejiang Geely Holding GroupOwned by.
Birth of Volvo
1924 years,Assar Gabrielsson,Gustaf LarsonBegins plans for car manufacturing in Sweden.SKFUnder the auspices, the automobile manufacturer Volvo was born in 1926, and the production of Volvo brand passenger cars began. The origin of the company name means "I turn"Latin OfvolvoDerived from. SKFbearingIs named after the brand of.
Transfer to Ford Capital and Use of Trademarks
In 1999VolvoPassenger car divisionFordIt was transferred to Volvo Cars and became a division of Ford's Premium Automotive Group.Volvo's while adopting the platform and engine common to the Ford GroupidentityWe have continued to adhere to the "safety design". The passenger cars produced and sold by the company used the brand until August 2010 with the license of a trademark management company.
Transfer to Geely Automobile Capital
Taking the opportunity of withdrawal from the Ford Group, the next-generation engine chassis was newly developed by completely in-house development and is being adopted in sequence.
- VEA (Volvo Engine Architecture): Developed as a new power train "Drive-E" series. The three pillars are "the basic design should be 2 liters or less and 4 cylinders or less", "the structure should be shared between gasoline and diesel as much as possible", and "to support electrification of hybrids and EVs in the future". Is designed for.
- SPA(Scalable Product Architecture) ・ACM(Compact Modular Architecture): A common architecture based on "similarity" and "module design" that supports electrification and autonomous driving. SPAE segmentAbove, CMA includes Geely carD segmentUsed for the following models.
Pursuit of safety
Based on the idea that "the basis of Volvo design must always be safe", the company policy of developing safety equipment, conducting accident investigations and giving feedback to the design, and being a Nordic manufacturerElkConsidering the conflict with from the development stageMoose testIt was evaluated as "the safest family car in the world" because of the implementation of.
In addition, we published patents on various safety equipment and contributed to the safety of automobiles. For example1959/Volvo invented the 3-point seat beltPatentHowever, the patent was released free of charge because of the idea that safety should not be monopolized. Thanks to this, the three-point seat belt has become a device attached to automobiles all over the world.
Zero emissionWe are actively promoting the development and introduction of electric motor drive systems.
- 2017/May 7: "Five models of pure EV will be released between 2019 and 2021" "All models released after 5 will be gasoline / dieselPlug-in hybridAnd set up a 48V mild hybrid. "
- 2019/: Announced that "2025% of global sales will be pure EV in 50."
- 2021/May 3: Announces the goal of "all models to be sold in 2030 will be pure EVs and will be sold only online."
- 1924/ - Assar Gabrielsson,Gustaf LarsonThe car manufacturing is sought and the design begins.
- 1926/ --Prototype No. 1 is completed.That same year, it was the largest Swedish company at the time.bearingManufacturer SKF With the support of the company, Volvo will be founded as an automobile manufacturing company using the name of Volvo, a subsidiary of SKF, which is dormant.
- 1927/ - Passenger carStart manufacturing.
- 1930s-formerGMIt was designed like a "small American car" to suit Sweden's relatively large land area, such as by inviting engineers from Sweden.
- 1944/ --The announced compact car "PV444" has achieved worldwide success and has won high praise for its reliability / durability. Although the model gradually increased in size, it was evaluated as "the safest family car in the world."
- 1970s- Working conditionsFor improvementBelt conveyorThe production method was abolished, and a production method consisting mainly of a work team consisting of several workers was adopted in each process.While this is welcomed by workers and attracts the attention of production engineers, it loses its international competitiveness due to rising labor costs, and as a result, it has no choice but to shift to the production of luxury cars.Before that, Volvo had an idea to manufacture a luxury car, and there was a plan to develop a large passenger car equipped with a V50 engine in the latter half of the 8s, but based on the survey results that the demand for small passenger cars will increase in the United States, this The plan was abandoned.
- 1975/ - Netherlands OfDAF truckAbsorbed the company's passenger car business.
- Since the 1980s-In order to strengthen international competitiveness, the "200" and "700" series will be announced along with the improvement of the "900" series.
- 1992/ - FWD"The foundation of the 5-cylinder"850Announce the series.
- 1994/ --Of the same Swedish companyAuto ribAnd jointly developed the world's first side airbag.
- 1999/ --In the reorganization of global automobile companiesVolvo GroupPassenger car businessFordSold to Ford's subsidiary "Volvo Cars"(Volvo Cars).
- 2010/8 -"Zhejiang Geely Holding GroupBecame the largest shareholder and withdrew from the Ford Group.
- 2018/ --Similarly Geely Group, but no capital relationship "AB VolvoAnnounced to share road hazard data.
- 2021/ - Nasdaq StockholmListed on..Geely Holding Group will maintain its position as the largest shareholder.
- 成都: (Chusho Kisha Seizo) ZAMC 2013- 
- Daqing: (Daqing, Volvo Car Manufacturing) DVCM 2014-
- The production base of the S90 has moved from Gothenburg to Daqing. (S90）
- Road bridge: (Zhejiang Geely Manufacturing) 2016-
- Zhangjiakou: Engine production.
- 米 国
Locations that existed in the past
- 米 国
Activities of Japanese corporation
The history of Volvo passenger car imports in Japan was in 1960 by Ryose Shoji Co., Ltd. (currently Co., Ltd.)Yanase), A subsidiary corporation, "Nordic Automobile Co., Ltd." goes back to when it became the sole agency in Japan. In 1974, Scandinavian cars became VolvoTeijin"Teijin Volvo Co., Ltd.", a joint venture with a joint-stock company, transferred the sole agency, and "Volvo Japan Co., Ltd.", which received the business transfer of Teijin Volvo in 1986, became a Japanese corporation wholly owned by Volvo. (In 100, "Volvo Cars JapanCompany name changed to ").
Following the sale of the passenger car division to Ford Motor in 1999, the Japanese subsidiary of the Premium Automotive (PAG) Group, an integrated sales organization for the acquired brands under the umbrella,PAG ImportCo., Ltd. (PAG Import) was doing,ジ ャ ガ ー,Land rover,Aston MartinBecame an importer only for Volvo passenger cars due to the sale of each division of the company, to the Japanese corporation "Volvo Cars Japan Co., Ltd.", and on April 2013, 4, "Volvo Car JapanThe company name was changed to "Co., Ltd." and continues to this day.
Since 2003, the world-wide unified showroom concept "VNF (Volvo Next Face)" has been introduced and expanded nationwide, but in 2013 the next-generation concept "VRE (Volvo Retail Experience)" was established and introduced in Japan in September of the same year. Opened the first store.
Since the founding of Volvo Japan, the president has been a foreigner, but in 2014 he became the first Japanese president.Toyota-Fast retailing-Nissan MotorFromTakayuki KimuraWas appointed (retired in March 2020. In January 3Groupe PSA JapanBecame president).After Kimura took office, the brand's position and sales strategy were changed from "quasi-premium" to "premium."Since then, the number of vehicles sold has increased significantly, and the number of vehicles sold in 2019 increased by about 2014% from 40 to 1 units. From 8,564subscriptionIntroduced sales. As of January 2020, it announced that it recorded about 1% of new car sales.
Unusual for Volvo's international importers, it operates directly managed dealers in Tokyo and Kanagawa prefectures.Previously, there were directly managed stores in Saitama, Aichi, Osaka, and Hyogo prefectures, but the direct management was reduced by transferring to a locally owned dealer.In addition, the number of dealers nationwide has decreased from 2000 stores around 145 to about 110 stores due to the continuous cancellation of dealer contracts of local companies that violated the importer's policy.In recent years, companies with strong sales capabilities have begun to operate stores in multiple regions.
Since June 2013, the certified used car system has been renewed to "VOLVO SELEKT", which is a globally unified program, and a dedicated store is also open.
In 2016Machida-shiIn the directly managed dealer "Volvo Cars Tomei Yokohama", the maintenance and restoration base "Classic Garage" of the classic model before 1990 was opened.
Following the "Declaration of Electrification" in the home country,2020/In August, it announced that it would unify all domestic sales models with plug-in hybrids or 8V hybrids by the end of 2020, and discontinued all clean diesel and gasoline models that had been lined up so far.
- Volvo ÖV4 / PV4(1927-1929)
- There are three body variations: Volvo's first mass-produced 2-door open body with a 5-seater ÖV4, a 4-door closed body with a 5-seater PV4, and a pickup with a 2-seater ÖV4 TV. In addition, it was sold only as a chassis, and any body mounting was possible. Both the ÖV3 / PV4 are equipped with a 4cc 28-stroke side-valve 1940-cylinder gasoline engine that produces 4 horsepower, and have a 4-speed forward and 3-speed reverse transmission. The maximum speed is 1km/h.
- The ÖV4 is often referred to as Jacob, but the nickname for the black-painted individual of the 1926 prototypes originally manufactured in 10 is Jacob.
- Volvo PV650 series(1929-1937)
- A series equipped with a 6-cylinder engine. The number of the model name is represented by the number of cylinders / passenger capacity / development number. The series was roughly divided into a 5-seater 4-door sedan and a taxi-specification 7-seater 4-door sedan, each of which was sold only as a chassis.
- 5人乗り4ドアセダンはPV651/PV652/PV653/PV654/PV658/PV659およびシャーシー販売のPV650/PV655/PV656、7人乗りタクシー用4ドアセダンはTR671 / TR672/ TR673/ TR674/ PV676/ PV678/ PV679/ TR701/ TR703/ TR704およびシャーシー販売のTR670/ PV675/ PV677/ TR702である。
- For the first time in Volvo, we aimed to improve comfort by incorporating a streamlined body shape and expanding the rear seats. It was a luxury car with a 656-door closed body on the chassis of PV2 and was a limited production car of 500 units.
- A 36-door sedan equipped with a 6-cylinder engine that incorporates the streamlined design of PV4. The model was developed as PV51 and deluxe version PV52, improved PV53 / PV54 and its deluxe version PV55 / PV56. Since the PV51 / PV57 was also sold only in the chassis, the 2-door cabriolet, pickup, etc. were installed.
- An 4-seater taxi specification vehicle equipped with a 6-cylinder engine in a 8-door closed body. It was also sold only in other chassis, which is the successor to the taxi specification 600 series, and military vehicles were also derived as a series due to the expansion of the war.
- It is a 6-door sedan equipped with a 4-cylinder engine and is the successor to the PV50. The plan was interrupted during World War II and it was produced from 1945.
Post-WWII vehicle model (XNUMX-digit adoption)
1966/, From 140 series to Volvo cars3 digitsAdopted the system of.
The first number was the series number, the second number was the number of cylinders, and the third number was the number of doors. The 2 was equipped with a 3-series 164-cylinder engine and 1-door.
However, there were exceptions to this rule. For example, the 780 was equipped with an in-line 4-cylinder turbocharger, a naturally aspirated V6 gasoline engine, and an in-line 6-cylinder diesel engine, but no 8-cylinder engine. Similarly, the 760 was equipped with an in-line 4-cylinder turbocharger, and the 360 was equipped with only an in-line 4-cylinder. Some 240 GLTs were equipped with V6 gasoline engines. I lost the meaning of the last digit like 740, but it became incomplete on the identification plate.1995/Subsequent models2 digitsIt has become.
- Volvo PV444 / 544(1947-1965)
- It is a small 2-door sedan developed in anticipation of the end of World War II and is equipped with a 4-cylinder gasoline engine. The PV444 was produced in 1947-1958, and the improved PV544 was produced in 1958-1965. The announcement of the new PV444 was made in February 1945 at the end of World War II, but the production system was not set up and production began at the end of 2. A total of 1946 units were produced for both models.
- Volvo P1800(1961-1973)
- Carrozzeria in ItalyCarrozzeria GhiaA 2 + 2 coupe with a sleek body designed by the company. From 1971, the P3 ES, a 1800-door sports wagon, was added to the series.
- Volvo 120 (Amazon)(1956-1970)
- Developed based on PV444, the body has been renewed. From the 1959 model year onward, Volvo's patented three-point seat belt was installed as standard equipment on all models for the first time in the world. Later, a three-point seat belt was also used for the rear seats. The dashboard is covered with pads and the driver's headrest is also standard equipment, pioneering the current standard occupant protection device. About 70 units were produced. The name of Amazon is Sweden only because of its trademark, and 120 is the official name in other countries.
- Volvo 142/144/145-Volvo 164(1966-1974)
- The body has been redesigned based on the Volvo 120. Before and after the body of the monocoque body designed for safetyCrushable zoneThe occupants are protected by crushing them so that they can be folded in the event of an accident. In-vehicle equipment has also been devised to protect occupants, such as using flexible materials for the sun visor and ceiling. In addition, a fail-safe system is used for the brakes to improve safety.
- Volvo 240-Volvo 260(1974-1993)
- Robust long-selling car. Large duralumin front and rear based on the 140/160 series bodybumperWas added. The front suspension, which has hardly changed from PV444Double wishboneからMcpherson strutChanged to, widerV6 engineCan be installed. Eventually, it was planned to install a V8 engine, but this did not happen. It was called "Flying Brick" because of the success of the 240 turbo in the touring car race (Group A). The rugged, straight-line design is literally a "brick-like design," and Volvo is a model with the image of a square. 2.0 series with 2.3 to 240 liter engine (Station WagonIs famous)PRV(Peugeot,Renault, Volvo joint development)V6260 series equipped with an engine (BertoneDesigncoupe262C andLimousineAlso existed). Initially, the number 0 at the end was called 4 for sedans and 5 for estates, which is the number of doors.
- Series (1976-1991)
- Volvo 66 (DAFBefore the acquisition of the passenger car division of the companyDAF 66), A belt type that was initially used only by DAF → Volvo in utility vehicles at that time.CVTOnly "Variomatic" was installed as a transmission.
- NetherlandsRear-wheel drive compact car produced at the former DAF plant in Japan, with 3 doorshatchbackIt consists of 343 of the 5, 345 of the 4-door hatchback, and 360 of the 1983-door sedan (1991-1988). It is one of the most common and very common car models in Britain around XNUMX, and is classified as a family car in France.
- 360GLE right / left steering wheel (5MT) specification vehicles were officially imported to Japan. It is a Japanese specification car that also works for air conditioning.
- Volvo 400Series (1986-1996)
- The successor to the 300 series. A compact car that uses the FF system. There are three types: a 4-door sedan 460, a 5-door hatchback 440, and a 3-door hatchback 480 with impressive retractable headlights.
- In Japan, only 1989 turbo cars of the 300 model were officially imported. Of these, 295 were left-hand drive manual cars, while only five were right-hand drive AT cars.
- Series (1982-1992)
- The body has 4 doorssedanAnd called the estateStation Wagon.. The suspension is a front strut, and the rear is a 5-link rigid that Volvo calls a constant track. The last model of the 760 is a sedan onlyMulti linkIt became. Two ranges, a 4-cylinder 740 and a 6-cylinder 760. Of these, 2GLT (740L) was introduced in Japan.SOHCturbo), 740GL (2.3L SOHC) 740GLE (luxury equipment model of 740GL), 740GLE 16VALVE (2.3L) DOHC), 740 turbo (2.3L SOHC turbo). The 740 Turbo has a turbo plus with improved engine power as a special specification car. 760GLE (2.8L SOHC), 760 turbo (2.3L SOHC in-line 4-cylinder turbo), 760GLE turbodiesel(2.4L in-line 6-cylinder turbo diesel). The engine of 760GLEPeugeot,Renault,Volvo, By joint development of 3 companiesV6The turbo diesel engineVolkswagenIt is made by the company. Only a small number of turbo diesels were imported in the early days. Also, from 85 to 91, ItalyBertoneThere was an aesthetic 2-door coupe, 780, designed and installed by the company. The 780's debut was at the 1985 Geneva show (developed seven years before its announcement, according to Volvo)... The 780 was based on the 760 and was equipped with a PRV-made V6/2.8L engine. The production theme was "Executive saloon with continuous production of a limited number of units, styling and interior quality and design that stands at the top of the Volvo lineup.".. However, due to the fact that it was assembled in Italy, the price was very high and the number of units sold was small.
- Volvo 940(1990-1998)
- The 900 series is an improved version of the 700 series above. Mainly improvements in safety, such as the introduction of SIPS and airbags for side collisions, and the configuration of the engine and suspension remains almost unchanged. The body shape has been changed after the C pillar of the sedan, but the estate is almost indistinguishable from the 700 series late model. 940GL (2.3L SOHC), 940 Polar (2.3L SOHC, low pressure turbo from 96 model), 940GL turbo (2.3L SOHC turbo), 940GLE (2.3L SOHC turbo), 940GLE 16VALVE were introduced in Japan. (2.3L DOHC), 940 turbo (2.3L SOHC turbo), 940Classic (2.3L SOHC turbo), etc. In addition, there are special specification vehicles such as 940 turbo SE. NA and turbo existed in the inline 4-cylinder SOHC 2.3L B230 engine, and the turbo had specifications of 135PS low pressure type and 165PS or 190PS high pressure type. The 190PS version, whose output has been enhanced by the "Turbo +", was installed as standard on the turbo depending on the year of manufacture, in addition to special specification vehicles such as the SE.
- 960, 960EX, 960EX Royal, 960 24VALVE, 960 Royal, 960 3.0-24V, 960 2.5-24V, 960 Limousine were deployed.Initially, a PRV V6 2.8L unit was installed, but after the 92 model, the newly developed Volvo originalInline 6 cylinderDOHCChanged to 3.0L modular unit. A big minor change was made as a 95 model, a face lift, a 2.5L model were added, and the suspension was significantly changed.In the rear suspension change, both the sedan and the estate have been changed to a unique model that pursues compactness such as multi-link that uses CFRP as the material of the horizontal leaf spring.Along with this, the estate, which was a coil rigid to secure luggage space, also gained an independent suspension suspension.
- Volvo 850(1992-1997)
- Volvo's first medium-sized carFF car.Inline 5 cylinderTakes an unusual layout that mounts horizontally.Initially, only a 4-door sedan was added, and a wagon called an estate was added later.The suspension is a front strut, and the rear is a trailing ring torsion bar that Volvo calls a delta link.In contrast to Volvo so far, he participated in the British BTCC with a sporty personality, and initially ran with a wagon body and attracted attention.850GL (initially 850GLE S type, then 850 S2.5, then 850 2.5) 850GLE (later dropped) 850GLT (later 850 2.5-20V) 850 2.5T (2.5L light pressure turbo) In addition to the 850 T-5 (2.3L high pressure turbo), there are 850 T-5R, 850R, T-5 special estate, GL family estate, etc. as limited vehicles.Based on 2.5T only for estate4WDModels have been added. (Not introduced in Japan) In addition, the bi-fuel lineup is the first environmentally advanced vehicle that can use both methane gas such as CNG (natural gas) and biogas and gasoline.
Vehicle models after 1995 (2-digit model)
- S40/V40(1995st generation) (2004-XNUMX)
- SmallFF carThe successor to the Volvo 400 series. Netherlandsgovernment,Mitsubishi Motors, Volvo jointly fundedNed CarProduced in, and produced at the same time "Mitsubishi CharismaShare the platform with. Dutch government withdrew in 1999, Volvo withdrew in 2001, NedcarMitsubishi MotorsEven after becoming a subsidiary of, it was produced until 2004 under a production contract. In Japan, it was launched in October 1997.
- 850 big minor change model. The chassis configuration, engine, etc. inherit the 850. The body design has a rounded corner to share the image with the S / V90 and S / V40 series.AWDWas officially released in Japan, and the high-power limited car is S70RAWD V70RAWD.
- Renamed model of the 960 series. Along with the late 960, it is currently the only Volvo car that follows the FR layout and the suspension of the 4-wheel independent suspension, and can be said to be the culmination of FR Volvo. In the Japanese market, there were 97, 2.5, 3.0E and long wheelbase S3.0 Royal as 90 models. The 98 model was the only limited edition Classic (3.0L), and 90 S100 limited units and V90 limited 500 units were sold.
- C70 Cabriolet / Coupe(1998-2014)
- A coupe and cabriolet based on the first 70 series. In Japan, the coupe was imported first, and in 2001 the cabriolet was imported in place of the coupe.
- The second generation is based on S2Coupe cabriolet.. It was released in 2007 in Japan. European specifications include not only gasoline but also diesel turbo settings.
- Volvo's finest 4-door sedan. FF drive system in which straight-five and straight-five engines are placed horizontally.
- Gasoline turbo (low / high pressure) direct 5 diesel diesel turbo, bi-fuel (LPG / gasoline <until 05>, CNG / gasoline) has a variety of engine configurations, but only gasoline engines are sold in Japan is there.
- Electronically controlled throttleDue to the frequent occurrence of failures, the warranty period was extended by lawsuit in North America. No recall notification has been made in Japan, and repairs will be charged.
- It was fully remodeled in 2007 and moved to the second generation, and a V2 model also appeared.
- The second generation, which underwent a full model change in 1999 and was sold in Japan from 2000 to 2007. It has a rounded style and the outer dimensions have been enlarged. The 2 model, which appeared in the fall of 2004, had a face lift.
- The RAWD, which was a limited edition car in the 2006 model, was the catalog model.
- In Europe, in addition to the gasoline 2000 turbo (not marketed in Japan), 2400, 2400 low pressure turbo, 2400 high pressure turbo, 2400 turbo diesel/diesel (not released in Japan), CNG bi-fuel, LPG bi-fuel (not released in Japan)・ The test car also runs in Japan) was lined up.
- From the fall of 2007, the 3 model, which is the third generation after a full model change, was put on the market.
- V70 based crossoverSUVAppeared as. Initially, it called itself the V70 XC as a grade in the V70 family. The minimum ground clearance is 70mm higher than the original V215 (total height is 1560mm).Abandoned road,Forest road-Effective on off-road and snowy roads.treadIs also expanded by 45 mm.AWDthe system,Haldex The standby type that adopted the front and rear wheel drive distribution of is adopted.
- Due to the characteristics of the standby type, only the front wheels can rotate on muddy slopes. Driving experiment video on rough road , Running stability test Although there were reports such as this, it is now improved by the precharge mechanism.
- In the fall of 2007, the second generation was released after undergoing a full model change at the same time as the V70.
- S60(2001 -)
- A medium-sized 80-door sedan that shares the same platform as the S70 / V4. A naturally aspirated and turbocharged straight-five engine is placed horizontally. The drive system is basically 5AT for both FF/AWD, but 5AT for RAWD. The engine lineup is the same as the V6.
- A model designed as an SUV with three rows of seats in response to favorable SUVs in the North American market. Although not introduced in Japan, there is also a FF specification. V8, straight 6 and straight 5 engines are placed horizontally. The V8 engineYamaha MotorIs designing and producing.
- In 2015, it moved to the second generation.
- Ned Car(At the time of establishmentVolvo,Mitsubishi Motors,Dutch governmentIs a successor to the Volvo S/V40 that was produced by the joint venture company. It was a production base for the small car lineupNed CarHowever, due to the transfer or withdrawal of capitalMitsubishi MotorsBecame a wholly owned subsidiary ofFord motorThe succession of a successor car under capital was drawing attention.
- Produced in Belgium, the company will line up a horizontal 4 cylinder engine and a direct 5 engine, which is common with medium-sized vehicles.
- Platforms, front suspensions, brake systems, parts, etc.Mazda 3(Axela) andFord focusShare with. AlsoFord focusThere are also Volvo-specific models equipped with a direct 5 engine, and these three models are sister models through the Ford C3 platform.
- First imported car in JapanUltra-low emission vehiclesGet certified.
- In its home country specification, a FFV (Flexible Fuel Beagle) vehicle with a 4-cylinder engine with a free mixing ratio of ethanol and gasoline was also released, but its introduction to Japan has not been announced.
- S40/V50A 3-door hatchback with a common platform. The styling with the glass hatch reminds me of the old days.
- 2006 year 10 month,Paris SalonWorld premiere is held in.
- In Japan, it was released as a 2007 model.
- A crossover based on the third-generation V3, but with an exterior that looks like a fusion of a coupe and a hatchbackSUV.. City Safety, a low-speed rear-end collision avoidance/reduction automatic braking system, was standard equipment for the first time in the world. It took one and a half years to develop the technical guidelines of the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism when introducing City Safety to the Japanese market.
- In Japan, only the direct 2009/8L turbo AWD model was released as the 6 model in August 3.0, but the 2010L turbo FF model was added in August 2.0.
Car models after 2010
- A medium-sized station wagon with the same platform as the S60/XC60. Like the previous two cars, it features a sleek exterior.
- The turbocharged inline 6 engine and the turbocharged inline 4 direct injection are installed horizontally. Drive system is FF and AWD. The lineup is the same as S60.
- V40(2nd generation, 2012 -)
- C30A 5-door hatchback with a common platform. It is an integrated/successor model of the S40 and V50.
- 2012 years,Paris SalonThe world premiere was held in, and then it was launched in the European market.
- It was launched in Japan in February 2013.
- V40 Cross Country(2012 - )
- It was announced at the Paris Salon in September 2012.
- An urban cross-country variant of the V40, equipped with its own underguard, roof rails, etc.
- Compared to the V40, it has an overall height of +30mm, 1470mm, a minimum ground clearance of +10mm, 145mm, and SUV performance.
- In Japan, it was released on May 2013, 5.
- V60 Cross Country(2015 -)
- It is a crossover model based on the V60 with a special exterior design and special suspension.
- Compared to the V60, the overall height is +60mm, 1540mm, and the minimum ground clearance is +65mm, 200mm, which improves running performance on rough roads.
- It was announced and released in Japan on October 2015, 10.
- XC90(2nd generation, 2015 -)
- New generationSPA(Scalable Product Architecture) This is a flagship SUV that has introduced a platform.
- The world's first run-off road protection (protection system for road departure accidents), intersection support (detection function for oncoming vehicles when turning right), etc. are standard equipment of more than XNUMX types.
- In the field of safety assist of the European automobile safety evaluation institution "Euro NCAP", it scored the first full score in history, and received the highest five-star rating in the overall evaluation.
- It has won over 100 awards both in Japan and overseas, and has been selected as the "RJC Car of the Year Import" and "Good Design Best 100" in Japan.
- Released in Japan on January 2016, 1 for the first timePHEV(Plug-in hybrid) was introduced.
- V70Appeared as a successor model.
- In Japan, it was announced on February 2017, 2.
- The XC70 was changed to "V90 CROSS COUNTRY" after a full model change, and transferred to V90. It has been incorporated into the base model since the first V70XC.
- S80Appeared as a successor model. The revival of the car name will be the first in 18 years since the base.
- In Japan, it will be announced on February 2017, 2, and will be sold in a total of 23 units.
- XC60(2nd generation, 2017 -)
- 2017 year 3 month,Salon International de LottoIt was announced at the (commonly known as the Geneva Motor Show).
- It is a middle-sized SUV that introduces a new-generation SPA (Scalable Product Architecture) platform.
- More than XNUMX types of advanced safety technology are standard equipment on all models, level XNUMX (partially automatic driving)Self-driving carRealized the technology.
- World's first intersection support (oncoming vehicle detection function when turning right), large animal detection function (including nighttime), run-off road mitigation (road deviation avoidance support system), run-off road protection (road deviation accident protection function) Equipped as standard.
- It was announced and released in Japan on October 2017, 10.
- November 2017, 12, 11th 『Japan Car of the YearVolvo XC2017 won the 2018-60 ”.
- XC40(2017 -)
- It was announced in 2016 with a concept car called Concept 40.1, and on September 2017, 9, the XC21 was announced at the special venue of Fashion Week in Milan, Italy.
- New generationACM(Compact Modular Architecture) Compact that first introduced the platformCrossover SUV.
- In Japan, it was announced and released on January 2018, 1.
- November 2018, 12, 7th 『Japan Car of the YearVolvo XC2018 won the 2019-40 ”.
- V60(2nd generation, 2018 -)
- On February 2018, 2, the station wagon was announced as the second generation with a full model change.
- It is a middle-sized premium estate that has introduced a new-generation SPA (Scalable Product Architecture) platform.
- In Japan, it was announced and released on September 2018, 9. There is no diesel engine setting only for models equipped with an in-line 25-cylinder gasoline turbo engine and PHEV (plug-in hybrid).
- S60(3nd generation, 2018 -)
- On June 2018, 6, the sedan was announced as the third generation with a full model change.
- There is no diesel engine setting only for models equipped with an in-line 4-cylinder gasoline engine and PHEV (plug-in hybrid).
- Announced on November 2019, 11 in Japan.
- C40 Recharge(2021 -)
- Crossover SUV type announced on March 2021, 3Electric car.
- Announced on November 2021, 11 in Japan.
- Philip -(1952)
- VESC (Volvo Experimental Safety Car) -(1972)
- ECC (Environment Concept Car) -(1992)
- ACC (Adventure Concept Car) -(1997)
- SCC (Safety Concept Car) -(2001)
- YCC (Your Concept Car) -(2004)
- C30 design concept -(2006)
- XC60 concept -(2006)
- ReCharge -(2007)
- S60 concept -(2008)
- C30 Polestar concept -(2010)
- C30 DRIVe Electric -(2010)
- You (concept universe) -(2011)
- Concept coupe -(2013)
- Concept estate -(2014)
- Concept XC Coupe -(2014)
- 360c -(2018)
- Tall hammer --T-shaped LED headlights introduced in the 2010s
- Volvo Car Japan
- Volvo Museum
- Pole star
- Zhejiang Geely Holding Group --Large shareholder
- Serve Automobile
- ^ "471st: Visit the museum of the Swedish headquarters with a panoramic view of Volvo's history". webCG (September 2018, 1). 2020/4/13Browse.
- ^ "Volvo Cars announced that it will introduce a speed limit of up to 180 km / h in all cars to arouse the danger of overspeeding". Volvo Car Japan (September 2019, 3). 2020/5/14Browse.
- ^ "Product Information (What We Do): Side airbags”(Japanese). Autoliv. 2018/1/1Browse.
- ^ Nihon Keizai Shimbun (February 2018, 5)
- ^ "Volvo Cars under Giri applies for initial public offering to NASDAQ in Stockholm”. TechCrunch (September 2021, 10). 2021/12/21Browse.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i https://group.volvocars.com/company/global-presence
- ^ a b c d e f http://www.volvocars.com/intl/corporation/FactsandFigures/Pages/default.aspx
- ^ All about imported cars in the 80's-the era of the great offensive of fascinating and cutting-edge imported carsSanei Shobo. (2013). Pp. 35,95. ISBN 9784779617232
- ^ All about imported cars in the 80's-the era of the great offensive of fascinating and cutting-edge imported carsSanei Shobo. (2013). Pp. 94. ISBN 9784779617232
- ^ "[Volvo S60 new model] President Kimura "Aiming for a positive replacement from domestic large sedans"”(Japanese). Response (Response.jp). 2019/11/13Browse.
- ^ "Volvo Cars' first SUV coupe announces "C40" ... EV-only model”(Japanese). Response (Response.jp) (September 2021, 3). 2021/11/19Browse.
- ^ "Volvo's first electric vehicle C40 Recharge announced" (Japanese) (Press Release), Volvo Car Japan, (November 2021, 11) 2021/11/19Browse.