Photo 19th (Monday) 9:7 am Typhoon No. XNUMX position and course forecast
Typhoon No. 7 occurs Slow movement in the South China Sea
If you write the contents roughly
The central pressure of the typhoon is 996 hectopascals, the maximum wind speed near the center is 18 meters, the maximum instantaneous wind speed is 25 meters, and it is moving west at a slow speed.
Typhoon No. 19 occurred in the South China Sea at 9:7 am on Monday, 996th.The central pressure of the typhoon is XNUMX hectopascals, near the center ... → Continue reading
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
wind speedWhat is (wind speed)?WindAs空 気MovesSpeedThat is. Japanese Meteorological AgencyThe unit normally used inm / s(So-called speed per second), internationallyknot (kt) is used. For measurementAnemometerIs used.
In Japan, when we simply say "wind speed", it is about 10 above the ground in surface weather observation.Meters10 at the height ofMinuteAmongAverage wind speedRepresents 0.25secondAverage 3 seconds (12 samples) updated everyInstantaneous wind speedTo say.. Also, the maximum value of the average wind speedMaximum wind speed, Maximum instantaneous wind speedMaximum instantaneous wind speed("Instantaneous maximum wind speed" is misused). As the number of high-rise buildings increases in urban areas, it is difficult to accurately measure the wind flow near the ground, so the height is several tens of meters or more above the ground.AnemometerIs often installed.
If you want to measure the wind speed but don't have an anemometer,Meteorological Agency Beaufort ScaleorBeaufort Wind ClassBased on the above, the wind speed is estimated by the wind power judged from the condition of the feature or the sea surface.
The value obtained by dividing the maximum instantaneous wind speed in a certain time by the average wind speed.Gust rateGenerally, it is about 1.5 to 2.0. Also, the wind pressure is the square of the wind speed.ProportionalIt is known that it grows larger.
In general, the average wind speed is faster on the sea than on land, and the gust rate is smaller. Wind speeds range from global atmospheric conditions to structural atmospheric turbulence caused by buildings.(I.e.Affected by the difference.
It can be said that a constant wind speed is maintained throughout the year in western Europe, where westerlies constantly blow due to the influence of the global atmospheric conditions. Smaller examples are highs and lows,typhoonThe wind speed observed when a tropical cyclone such as is approaching is relatively fast. Tornadoes are a prominent example of smaller ones, with maximum instantaneous wind speeds exceeding 100 m / s being observed. Also,High-rise buildingIn the area whereBuilding styleBlows.
Classification by wind speed
|Wind power||Wind speed of 10m above the ground (or more)||Typhoon classification (maximum wind speed)|
|0||0.0 m / s (0 knot)|
|1||0.3 m / s (1 knot)|
|2||1.6. m / s (4 knot)|
|3||3.4 m / s (7 knot)|
|Four||5.5 m / s (11 knot)|
|5||8.0 m / s (17 knot)|
|6||10.8 m / s (22 knot)|
|7||13.9 m / s (28 knot)|
|8||17.2 m / s (34 knot)|
|9||20.8 m / s (41 knot)||typhoon|
|10||24.5 m / s (48 knot)|
|11||28.5 m / s (56 knot)|
|12||32.7 m / s (64 knot)||Strong typhoon|
|43.8 m / s (85 knot)||Very strong typhoon|
|54.1 m / s (105 knot)||Furious typhoon|
|1 kt = 0.514 m / s = 1.852 km / h = latitude 1 minute / h|
1 m / s = 1.944 kt = 3.6 km / h
In this table, "typhoon(Classification of tropical cyclones occurring in the northwestern Pacific Ocean, based on the Japan Meteorological Agency) ”only shows the classification of wind speed.
ス ケ ー ル
Atlantic and northeastern PacificHurricaneStrength classificationSafa Simpson Hurricane ScaleClassifies hurricanes into five categories, Category 1 to Category 5, according to the estimated maximum wind speed. It is a tornado strength classificationFujita scale(F scale),Improved Fujita Scale(EF scale) is also classified by the estimated maximum wind speed.
Japanese Meteorological Agency
In addition, the following are expressions of wind strength used in the announcements and weather forecasts of the Japan Meteorological Agency and each meteorological station.
|Quiet||Wind speed less than 0.3m / s|
|Slightly strong wind||Winds of 10 m / s or more and less than 15 m / s|
|Strong wind||Winds of 15 m / s or more and less than 20 m / s|
|Very strong wind||Winds of 20 m / s or more and less than 30 m / s|
|Fierce wind||Wind speed of 30 m / s or more or maximum instantaneous wind speed of 50 m / s or more|
The following Beaufort scales are also used.
|Name||Wind power||Speed per second (m / s)||Status|
|No wind||0||0.0-1.4||Smoke goes straight up|
|Soft wind||1||1.5-3.4||Feel the wind|
|Japanese style||2||3.5-5.9||Move the leaves of the tree|
|Gale||3||6.0-9.9||Move tree twigs|
|(I.e.||4||10.0-14.9||Move the branches of a tree|
|Storm||5||15.0-28.9||Move the trunk of a tree|
|hurricane||6||29.0 and over||Defeat trees and houses|
Wind speed record
- Maximum wind speed on level ground-69.8m / s Kochi Muroto Cape Former Muroto Misaki Weather Station: Meteorological Office (1965May 9 Typhoon No. 23)
- Maximum instantaneous wind speed on level ground ―― 85.3m / s Okinawa Miyakojima Miyakojima Local Meteorological Observatory: Meteorological Office (1966May 9 Typhoon No. 18 (Second Miyakojima Typhoon))
- Maximum wind speed in the mountains ―― 72.5m / s Mount Fuji OldMt. Fuji weather station: Meteorological Office (1942May 4）
- Maximum instantaneous wind speed in the mountains ―― 91.0m / s Fujisan Kengamine Former Fujisan Weather Station: Meteorological Office (1966May 9 Typhoon No. 26)
- On land竜 巻Maximum instantaneous wind speed excluding those caused by --231mph = 103.3m / s The United States of America New Hampshire Mount Washington(Mount Washington) (1934May 9）
- Maximum instantaneous wind speed excluding tornadoes on land --236mph = 105.5m / s Guam Andersen Air Force Base(1997May 12 Typhoon No. 28. Unofficial record because the equipment was destroyed)
- Maximum instantaneous wind speed excluding tornadoes on land --253mph = 113.1m / s Australia Valor Island (Barrow Island) Barrow Island Airport (1996May 4,CycloneOlivia, Unofficial record)
- On land竜 巻Maximum instantaneous wind speed by --318mph = 142.2m / s The United States of America Oklahoma Bridge Creek (Bridge Creek) (1999May 5,Doppler radarObservation by anemometer, not by anemometer)
- ^ World Meteorological OrganizationStandards of. Japan Meteorological Agency2007May 12This is adopted from. It is about 0.25 to 6% smaller than the conventional method that takes a single value every 10 seconds, but a gust is added to buildings etc.workThe size of can be reflected more accurately.
- ^ Japan Broadcasting Corporation. "Which is correct, "maximum instantaneous wind speed" or "maximum instantaneous wind speed"?". 2012/11/2Browse.
- ^ Paper industry summary Oji Paper 1938
- ^ Info note No.58 "World Record Wind Gust: 408 km / h" World Meteorological Organization
- ^ a b Highest surface wind speed --Tropical Cyclone Olivia sets world record World Records Academy